[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spookiest State

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_0494.jpg (656KB, 4726x2960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0494.jpg
656KB, 4726x2960px
Let's settle this, /x/. What is the scariest/spookiest state in the US? Feel free to post stories and more.
>>
Not sure if nebraska is sketch or just so barren that its unsettling, but it is
>>
I live in Wisconsin and it tends to be a bit more haunted than average, though I have a bias.

>Few homes I've lived in were haunted
>Sleep paralysis or shadow figures
>Drove through rural Elkhorn to meet a girlfriend's parents and saw something moving through the trees at the same pace as my car
>Loads of UFO sightings

This state is cursed.
>>
>>18378706
608 boi

when we leaving this god forsaken wasteland?
>>
File: benjaminhouse.jpg (105KB, 602x401px) Image search: [Google]
benjaminhouse.jpg
105KB, 602x401px
Not Utah cuz shit never happens here. Just some haunted houses.
>>
Texas currently here. I'd say WA. CO is hit or miss
>>
Georgia because of a combination of civil war battlefields, the swamps of South GA, the mountains of North GA, and the basic whole of Savannah
>>
>>18378726
Then explain the simultaneous ufo sightings over the desert outside of provo and over Jerusalem. The obvious testing of blue beam holograms put of the Laser research labs of BYU compounded by the flaming nephite salamander warriors seems pretty spoopy to me
>>
>>18378775
*out of
>>
>>18378775
Whoa slow down there. I do live near Jerusalem so I might go check that out, but salamander warriors?
>>
>>18378782
Google is your friend. And I mean actual Jerusalem. Birthplace of Christ Jerusalem.
>>
>>18378691
>Let's settle this, /x/.
Funny, that was in the OP in the last five or so of these threads.
It's NEVER going to be settled, because we aren't operating from the same information set. Everybody knows the areas they've lived in, and what they've read or heard, and nothing else.

If you wanted to get useful information, a "rate your state" model would at least develop some consensus on which areas are spookier and which are less so.

PA here. 7/10.
>>
>>18378782
I was raised in the lds church and over the last several years, out of boredom and curiosity, have become pretty well versed in lds conspiracy theory. Mostly to laugh at the nutters who are convinced that the LDS church is at the center of some new world order bullshit. The salamanders being referred to are supposedly from a letter written by Oliver cowdrey describing Joseph Smith being attacked by flaming salamanders at the hillside looking for the golden plates. The church since concretely disavowed this letter as a forgery
>>
The correct answer is New Mexico.
>>
File: 1480237686582.png (141KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1480237686582.png
141KB, 1280x853px
>>18378691
Oklahoma is scary because its hell to live here. Someone please take me away.
>>
>>18378795
fuck off, I live in PA, nothing here is spooky, there is nothing but fucking trees.
>>
>>18378691
any fellow new yorkers here? I only remember a few rumors about haunted houses in my area, but those haunted places were never that popular or unique.
>>
>>18378694
The part of NE nearest MO is pretty sketchy. Rulo, NE cult. Look it up.

Also, Falls City always weirded me our. And Runza is Satan.
>>
>>18378691
The amount of haunted shit in Indiana is truly staggering. The most prolific case of spontaneous combustion in recorded history happened in Odon, IN, which is about 10 minutes from where I live.
>>
>>18378691
Not even from there, but I'm voting for Louisiana.
I mean, come on. They have real zombies, voodoo, Santeria, and God only knows what down there.
>>
>>18379156
Centralia is a little spooky.
>>
>>18379176
Indiana guy here again. A lot of paranormal investigator types believe the amount of hauntings in southern Indiana has a lot to do with how much limestone we have in the ground here. Thoughts?
>>
Arizona is pretty spooky. Bigfoot , aliens, Apaches
>>
File: 321.jpg (4MB, 3216x4288px) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
4MB, 3216x4288px
bump

At 7:00 pm on November 5, 1975, Travis Walton was abducted by an unidentified flying object in northern Arizona. The movie "Fire in the Sky" was based on the event.

His logging crew witnessed the abduction. All the men passed lie detector tests administered by an expert from Phoenix with an impeccable record.

It should also be noted that Mr Walton was not on good terms with members of the crew, (they hated each other) so they had little incentive to lie on his behalf.

pic related Mogollon Rim where it happened on Halloween 2016...
>>
>>18379186
I go to school in indiana. I would also say tis also the fact that the locals are typically more superstitious and tend to be religious to an extreme which may fuel the belief in the paranormal too.
>>
>>18378789
>>18378775
Thank you my dudes
>>
>>18379237
IU?
>>
louisiana
>>
File: Rehmeyer_s_Hollow_more_about.png (83KB, 1003x457px) Image search: [Google]
Rehmeyer_s_Hollow_more_about.png
83KB, 1003x457px
>>18379184
I keep forgetting about Silent Hill. I keep thinking of Nothing But Trouble instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs

Hex signs and Pow-Wows. Gettysburg and Valley Forge. Several Indian massacres in Colonial times. Books worth of ghost stories. That one Anon who keeps making Rehmeyer's Hollow threads.
David Paulides said something like the whole state is a cluster.

I guess the other guy is too distracted by his bizarre dislike of trees to see any of this.
>>
>>18378837
No it is not, it is boring here.
>>
Flyover states have the best potential because they have literally nothing better to do than make shit up.
>>
Though I have spent much of my life in Ohio, a state home to a host of haunted castles, graveyards, towns and locales, I'd have to say New Jersey.

The Pine Barrens are a labyrinth of unseen horrors.

A runner up would be Florida, if only for the seemingly ceaseless mangrove forests.
>>
I've lived up and down the east coast.
Considering ever town I've lived in seemed to be home to an abandoned asylum for mentally challenged orphans murderers built on Indian burial grounds, I'd lean more towards those states.
>>
Washington. Serial killers, severed feet washing up on the shore, cults, cryptids, bizarre Native Americans, and weird geological formations. The whole PNW has a deep darkness behind it.
>>
>>18380000
The Pine Barrens are extremely unsettling. The dumping grounds for the mob and serial killers for decades.
>>
>>18378691
New York:

> Headless Horseman
> Pukwudgies
> Sewer Gators
>>
File: jd1.gif (14KB, 168x285px) Image search: [Google]
jd1.gif
14KB, 168x285px
>>18380375
You forgot the Jersey Devil, frembpt
>>
>>18378691
Marylandfag here. We got Snallygasters, Goatmen, Lake Monsters and, of course, da gummit and their Freemason shit
>>
>>18380306
Seconding Washington. All the new agers and Chaos Magick types seem to flock there. Plus Batsquatch, Mel's Hole... it's just a fuckin' mess.
>>
>>18379144
have you been through Picher? that shit is unsettling.
>>
>>18380440
The Jersey Devil phases me not. It's origins are purely political. Now the Cropsey Clan is something to chatter one's teeth over.
>>
Tennessee here, and it SUCKS. Nothing happens here, I had more paranormal experiences within one summer of visiting my dad in Ohio than I have my entire life in Tennessee. Turned 18 in August.
>>
>>18380555
I would imagine Tennessee to be right terrifying as of now.
>>
>>18380558
Why's that?
>>
No mention of Florida man? A mythical creature that actually exists.
>>
File: ls4ZQqTv_400x400.jpg (33KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
ls4ZQqTv_400x400.jpg
33KB, 396x396px
New Mexico
>>
File: Arizona - Phoenix-960-x-420.jpg (355KB, 960x420px) Image search: [Google]
Arizona - Phoenix-960-x-420.jpg
355KB, 960x420px
>>18379217
Did you take that picture of the trees on the Mogollon Rim that you posted? Do you live in Arizona? I do, in Payson, Az, as I'm typing this, and was born and raised in Chandler. I've read some stories (might have been on another site, or just after Googling for some local stories) about Bigfoot sightings near Payson. One had supposedly taken place up on the Rim, between Payson and Heber, if I'm not mistaken. If I recall correctly, it was about some boy scout troop or youth group who was camping up on the rim and had some sort of sighting or encounter that was a good read, from what I recall.

Do you know of any good scary stories form Arizona? I've been browsing /x/ lately and checking out the skinwalker/innawoods/goatman threads and I've come across a couple skinwalker that were to have taken place in Arizona. I think I screencapped them, if there's any interest, I'll post them.

> Pic related: Not of the Payson/Mogollon Rim area, but of the Superstition Mountains east of Mesa/Apache Junction, I think.
>>
Live in, Arkansas we ain't got shit in the Ozarks but stories of Bigfoot and lights from spirits
>>
>>18380568
It's on fire.
>>
>>18378695
If I'm not mistaken, there is/used to be a site called "Weird Wisconsin" or something like that (this was probably around 15 years ago when I came across it) and it had some really good stuff to read on it, from what I recall. Have you heard of this Weird Wisconsin site? If I'm not too lazy and distracted, I'll try to do a search for it after I post this and see if it's still around.

As for your story about seeing something moving through the trees at the same pace as your car, care to elaborate on that? What exactly happened? Did you actually see a creature moving? Or just see the trees being moved as something ran through them?

Also, have you actually seen UFOs? If so, stories?
>>
>>18380617
Yeah, I'm in Knoxville, so I'm pretty close to all of that.

I meant "paranormal, unusual, unexplainable" scary, not "there's bad weather or something" scary.

Trying to go along with the theme of the thread lol.
>>
>>18378695
>>18380620
FYI, I just checked and couldn't find anything for that WeirdWisconsin.com site, so they must have stopped paying for the domain name, or it could be that I'm not remembering the name of the website correctly. I'm almost certain that it was "Weird Wisconsin", though, and that it had some really good stories available on it.

If anyone else knows the Weird Wisconsin site I'm talking about, please post a reply. Maybe, we can find some sort of archives from the site.
>>
>>18380630
I got you, though it's interesting you'd chalk this up to "bad weather." Is this a typical happenstance?
>>
>>18380643
I vaguely remember a publication with that name but it's been years. This place is a hive of cryptids, ghosts and the like though. If I was more ambitious I'd do a podcast or YouTube series out here.
>>
File: SPOOKED.jpg (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKED.jpg
3MB, 2880x1800px
>>18379161
I live upstate in Oswego, pretty dry when it comes to spoopy stuff besides Gray Road and Fort Ontario.
>>
File: 20160417_004110_017[1].jpg (216KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_004110_017[1].jpg
216KB, 1000x574px
>>18380698
I remember Beardslee castle by Little Falls is haunted, it is also a restaurant.You don't get a combo like that very often.

Here is the official website for it: http://beardsleecastle.com/
>>
>>18380689
Wisconsin does seem to have a lot of interesting/spooky/scary shit going on there. Ohio and Michigan, as well. West Virginia, too.

As for your podcast/YouTube channel idea, you should consider doing something like that. There are obviously lots of folks like us who are interested in this stuff, so you'd likely have yourself a potential audience/fan base.

Do you have any cool personal stories that you want to share in this thread? If so, please post them!
>>
>>18380651
No, that was just my way of putting it for lack of a better term.

What I mean is no "sightings of a devil" or "strange cult happenings" or what have you.

This is something that can be explained through normal means.
>>
>>18380735
I'm on my phone now so it's a bitch to post. Nocturnal shift. But if this thread is still up in 8 hours I'll write out my big two.
>>
>>18379237
Which university?
>>
>>18379179
>Louisiana

This is the correct answer, and I don't know why people are talking about the boring states like Indiana. Louisiana has actual fucking witches and a lot of spooky magic going on.
>>
>>18378772
I live in Savannah, never seen a ghost, but I swear weird shit happens every fucking place I go.
>>
>>18380845
Dude you need to go check out the moon river brewery. That place is creepy as shit and has a legitimate paranormal history.
>>
>>18380845
I'm going to be visiting Savannah soon, any recommendations for paranormal stuff?
>>
>>18380710
Oh damn, that's neat. I gotta make a trip sometime.
>>
>>18379172
>Runza is Satan

Do you have an explanation for this?
>>
>>18378691
I mean if we are going for ghost for square foot Vermont has it in the bag. Ufo's, cryptids, a fucking bermuda triangle that eats people, every town has at least 3 ghosts, we have a ghost cow, a ghost house, a lake monster we have partial custody over and even ghost boats despite being land locked (a steam boat and a row boat.) I could fucking out tell the mainer from a few years back if given time and prompting.
Vermonts fucking weird.
>>
>>18380864
The cemeteries are gorgeous at night and creepy as fuck, moon river brewery, any number of the 'haunted tours', but for me the most interesting was Mercer house. The place from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
>>
Honestly, I'd say it varies by what you mean by paranormal

Cryptids - West Virginia
Magic - Louisiana
Aliens - New Mexico
Urban Legends - New York
>>
MS here
The delta is pretty creepy. My mimi has lots of ghost stories and big black cats roaming around. She lived not very far from the infamous crossroads if yall are privy. I have some too. My buddy claims to have seen and threatened by a big ape not far outside of Oxford
>>
California, West Virginia, Maine, and Louisiana are objectively the spookiest states.
>>
>>18380953
Maines only spooky because of stephen king hijacking all of new england's spooky stories and setting them in Maine.
>>
I would say any state with lots of forest/uninhabited areas, and was settled early with super old buildings/ruins, possibly abandoned would place at the top of the list. Eerie weather such as frequent fog would contribute.

Going on such logic I would expect the north eastern states to be the spookiest as they are the oldest civilized and with the most area of forest (Maine, Vermont, NH, Mass, etc). I could see states such as Washington and Oregon as pretty spooky too with the forests out there, but the states themselves were settled much later.
>>
>>18380953

How the fuck is California spooky? I agree with the rest tho
>>
>>18380978
Yeah that's what I find, there really isn't a spiritual difference between the upper new england states. They all have a slightly spooky air to them and more creepy shit than you can shake a stick at.
I actually remember my great grand uncle telling me that Vermont, and by extension the rest of the upper states, had presences to them that you just never found anywhere else. Having moved out of the area I have to agree. It felt like a low grade form of being watched by something. He called it living in the shadow of the mountains, but every older person in the area has a name for it.
>>
>>18380963

And taxidude pasta
>>
>>18381065
Fair enough. He at least seems good at the whole writing thing.
>>
florida
>>
>>18381103
Where?
>>
>>18380449
I'm in Maryland. Moved not too long ago. I need more creepy shit. Ever been to Forest Haven?
>>
File: B0Z.jpg (43KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
B0Z.jpg
43KB, 600x637px
>>18379604

Hey, bro. Trees are fucking hardcore. Ever seen Evil Dead 2? Tree raped a bitch.
>>
>>18381169
You mean Evil Dead 1
>>
File: B0G.jpg (91KB, 540x329px) Image search: [Google]
B0G.jpg
91KB, 540x329px
>>18381196

Maybe!
>>
>>18381196
They were the same movie
>>
>>18378691
Any southern Illinois niggas? There's some spoopy shit throughout all the really small, rural towns scattered about
>>
>>18380495
Cropsey clan?

>>18380555
Nice trips, TN here also. It's not so much paranormal but if you ever walk around outside in the forest you'll be fucking terrified around here.
>>
>>18381220

No shit homie. Was out visiting a friend who lived in that general area and I got a children of the corn vibe from a couple of seemingly empty Pop. 20 "towns" on the way.
>>
>>18381225
Sweet fellow TN. Where at? I'm from Cleveland, but I'm currently in Knoxville because of college.

I definitely know what you mean by feeling terrified in the forest. I just wish something would happen. It's boring as all hell besides feeling spoopy lol.
>>
>>18381336
Middle Tennessee, Brentwood/Franklin area.

My brother went to UTK. Some of his friends and him went out to the mountains with a telescope to look at the stars and there was a pretty big bonfire on the adjacent mountain so they went to investigate for fun. Turns out it was a 20+ people cult dancing around the fire and chanting with robes on, they noped out of there but I would've stayed and watched for aslong as possible.

Also, heard plenty of stories of mountainmen and wandering people at night. He warned me to never go up in the mountains at night. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that here.
>>
>>18381381
I think any area that is heavily wooded or underdeveloped is pretty creepy at night but when you factor in the chance of a deliverance style close encounter that makes is it so freaking much worse. For example where I'm from is the south ga swamp. Believe me there are things out there at night that are way scarier than gators or swamp gas
>>
>>18381390
True that man. It sucks for me, all the wooded areas are super light and basically just small patches of trees and flora. I really wish I lived deep in the woods. I live in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood but I hate being surrounded by neighbors. I guess I like solitude.
>>
>>18381381
Man, that's crazy. I can't help but want to know more about this cult. What they were worshipping, and stuff..

Mountainmen and wondering people? Will you elaborate?
>>
>>18381390
Will you elaborate on the things scarier than gators or swamp gas? You both have piqued my interest.
>>
>>18381422
My brother saw the cult but he wasn't anywhere close enough to know what they were saying, just heard them and saw them from a distance. Also they had torches, left that part out. It was a huge bonfire and they were wearing black robes. My brother and his friends went back to their mountain and viewed some stars then left.

As far as the mountainmen and wondering people I guess I just meant vagrants wandering around at night in the forests, nothing too spooky. But I supposed getting stabbed to death with a rusty switchblade in the middle of the Smoky Mountains is kind of spooky.

I love everything about Dixie and Tennessee, but man is it fucking boring as far as paranormal goes.
>>
>>18381424
My family owns around 100 acres of useless swampland and my whole life I've spent outdoors as much as possible and a lot of that has been at night. The truly scary shit out there is the opposite of paranormal. I have cousins that run active shine stills and grow herb. If you happen to run off your path and stumble across their little extracurriculars you run a very real risk of being fed to the hogs and gators. I've jokingly told my daughter's boyfriend that I can make a body disappear with nothing but a case of Miller high life and a can of rancid chicken grease. He has no idea how much not a joke it is.
>>
>>18381437
That's a shame. I guess we may never know what they were doing out there.

Oh, okay. Agreed lol.

It's a pretty good place, but I have to agree. Any time I see any of these threads I scour for any info on ANYTHING paranormal here, but nothing comes up.
>>
>>18381438
That really does sound terrifying. The fact that it's a real possibility compared to something spoopy and unexplainable makes it even more horrifying.
>>
>>18381438
>can of rancid chicken grease
Whats that used for?
>>
>>18379205
Can confirm, a lot of wilderness here, lots of open spaces for things to go bump at night.
>>
File: Goatman Bridge.jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Goatman Bridge.jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
New Mexico, but not necessarily for the aliums. The entire state is a giant 'fuck you' to anything living, but has these little zones of habitability that lure people in, only for them to go missing and die in the everywhere else they're not supposed to be. The state hates human beings, and I'm very curious to figure out why. AZ is arguably less hospitable, but that's the point, it comes right off the bat that it's a desert hellhole. NM? Nah, there's mountains and snow and shit.

Then tag on the fact that there's LOADS of Native whatthefuckery that happened throughout the state, and it's got some spoopy places, even before Burgers found their way there.

Pic related; it's the Goatman bridge. The place is littered with animal skeletons and the occasional corpse, and nobody ever figured out why. Somebody who worked for the state conservancy dept. said that it's because water would occasionally collect under the bridge and attract animals, but anybody who's ever been out there knows that that's a load of shit. Any water that would hit there would immediately get sucked underground, and it doesn't explain why a lot of domestic animals ended up there.
>>
>>18381452
It makes the gators come from miles away. Cut throat to put blood in the water and the dump the grease on the floating body. I'm genuinely not trying to sound edgy. It is just exactly how it would be.
>>
>>18381474
Ahh okay, makes sense.

Damn I wish I lived near swamps, really want to explore some (even if theres nothing worth exploring)

I was born in South Carolina and I really miss just walking around the marshes, messing around.
>>
>>18381513
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the swamp. It's literally my birthright and will live in it until the day I die. You should definitely take a weekend and do some camping. If you want to do it easy just come to Waycross and camp through the Okefenokee Swamp Park. It's really fun and you do run real chance of seeing lit swamp gas and tons of wildlife. Doing it through the park is actually pretty safe as far as what I was referencing before
>>
>>18378772
>>18380845
Awww sheeeiiittt I lived in South Georgia and Savannah for like 8 years famalam. I totally know what you are saying though. Savannah can be a spoopy town for sure. Not to mention that I love those SCAD girls. Now I'm back in SC unfortunately for the time being
>>
>>18381570
Oooooh shit them scad chicks
>>
>>18381574
Omg you have no idea how many I have had a great time with.

Hail Southern
>>
>>18381642
You and me both brother. I really wouldn't be surprised if I single handedly effected the motherhood rate among idiot scad chicks that would literally fuck to be smoked out
>>
>>18381644
I hear you on that note famalam. Not to mention, it's soooo damn easy. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

What part of Savannah and/or Georgia are you from?
>>
>>18381650
I'm the Waycross anon from above. After college decided to try the big city and chose Savannah for a couple years. Absolutely hated city life
>>
>>18381650
Where you at?
>>
>>18381656
>>18381658

Nice. Yeah it's a lot of fun down in your area. My best friend growing up was from Blackshears that's around your parts.
That being said, I went to college down in Statesboro and my old man lived in Effingham County. It's kind of a shit hole considering, but I will say that I loved being able to go outside and do whatever the hell I wanted to and not have to worry about anyone complaining about me doing it. For example, I could go do /k/ommando stuff all the time, whenever I wanted. Thankfully though Savannah was only like 30 minutes away do I would frequently be hanging out with friends who lived in Savannah, you know to hang out with my friends, to experience the night life, and of course for the love of those sexy ass SCAD girls. Kek
>>
>>18381656
>>18381658
Now I am back in my home state of SC adulting ha. Where I live is literally 10-15 min from Augusta
>>
>>18380306
Idaho here, I agree with Washington
>>
Oregon here. Outside the city, shit is fucky. The woods are home to something...
>>
>>18381207
Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn are not the same movie.

In Evil Dead a group of friends goes to a cabin, accidentally unleashes an ancient Sumerian evil entity that takes possession of the woods and several of the group of friends.

In Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn only Ashley Williams and his girlfriend Linda go out to the cabin, accidentally unleash the now Kandarian (a made up ancient civilization) evil, that kills Linda, possesses Ash briefly, and so on. Then a different group of people hike out to the cabin after the evil is unleashed and mayhem and death and portals and whatever.

The point is they're different movies.
>>
File: 1480317888957.jpg (39KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1480317888957.jpg
39KB, 460x460px
>>18378695

It's all the fart gs from too much cheese
>>
>>18379156
Go to Springtown dumbass
>>
I've been to some dark spots in north east illinois and south east wiscansin, they both have some rust from old cults and modern duggys. I've heard voices at devils gate in north east illinois.
>>
>>18379156
I don't know the concept of the Amish is pretty darn spooky.
>>
Idaho you scrubs
>>
File: 1480316884469.jpg (64KB, 321x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480316884469.jpg
64KB, 321x470px
Lotso spooky woods. We have a lot of hunters that go missing
>>
I would have to say it would be one of my two home states, Texas or North Dakota.
>>
>>18378694
A state that's 90% covered in corn can't be THAT spoopy
>>
>>18382239
My vote goes to Texas, only because compared to all the other spooky states, we have the border with Mexico and all of its spoops AND our very own spoops, that all the other states have or may not have.Arizona has the border, and skinwalkers...but not the border, skinwalkers, AND bigfoot, and the Stiltwalker.
>>
Is no one going to talk about Michigan and the dogman, the windego, the paulding light, for fucks sake theres a haunted insane asylum on central Michigan university's campus. in my hometown we even have a mafia house out in the woods down a dirt road that people avoid.
>>
Google says Ohio, but I would like to put out the idea it's actually Indiana. Too many weird happenings here.
>>
>>18379186
I have to agree it's our state, just considering that it's always been a spot for the weird shit, like the woman who adopted a bunch of kids and everyone believed she was a nice woman so they kept sending her orphans, when she was really just making them slaves, torturing them, and killing them. And supposedly she was a witch, I think?

Plus there's the birthplace of the KKK, the state mental hospitals, all the old colleges, general murders and the like. But just to name a few.
>>
Wallace Idaho is the center of the universe. So naturally it's got to be the spoopiest. Beat that texas
>>
I grew up in Savannah, currently in Statesboro. Both are spookier than Cleveland Ohio which is the only other place I've lived for over a year.
>>
Missouri. Deal with it.
>>
File: IMG_20161129_161411--.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_161411--.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>18381460
Are you from/do you live in New Mexico? If so, where? And have you got any other cool stories/legends or other cool pictures like that one of the Goatman Bridge?

Also, why do you say that Arizona is less hospitable? Just because of the heat and desert landscape? Or are you saying that there Az is less hospitable because of the creatures/unknowns here? I'm from/in Arizona, born and raised here, and living in Payson, Az right now, which is about 80 miles northeast of phoenix and about 90 miles southwest of Flagstaff, in case you don't know where Payson is, but you're familiar with these larger areas. Also, I know that New Mexico has some awesome mountains and places that get really cold with considerable snowfall (I would like to get to explore NM some day, as I think it's a neat state with lots of great scenery); but, FYI, Arizona also has mountains (lots of them, actually), large forests with lots of trees, and Northern Arizona (Flagstaff, in particular) gets major amounts of snow in the winter. I think they got snow a few days ago, as I can see some of the snow on the Rim Mountains north of Payson off in the distance while I'm driving down Hwy 87 through town.

Anyway, I think both Az and NM are interesting states that are nice places to live and cool areas to explore, so if you feel like replying again and sharing some more info. or stories about NM, please do. I'd be glad to hear more about it!

> Pic related: A Picture I took with my phone yesterday, in Payson, of the snow-covered mountains north of here.
>>
File: IMG_20161129_161401_1--.jpg (606KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_161401_1--.jpg
606KB, 4160x3120px
>>18382524
And just because I happened to also take a zoomed-in picture of the snow-covered mountains north of Payson yesterday, I thought I'd post it, too.

Also, is anywhere else on here in or from Arizona or New Mexico? If so, where? And do you have any cool/interesting/spooky stories or pictures that you'd care to share?

> Pic related: A zoomed-in picture I took with my phone yesterday, in Payson, of the snow-covered mountains north of here.
>>
>>18379176
>tfw live in Indiana and never experienced anything paranormal

I guess it's a good thing though
>>
Illinois for sure
>>
The correct answer is New Jersey
>>
>>18378691
Tejas because drug dealers
>>
>>18382800
Bachelor Grove has that cemetery with the house that disappears. And the lake that Al Capone dumped his victims dead bodies in.
Also the cemetery of Mary.
Illinois is pretty messed up
>>
File: bunker.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bunker.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
Definitely Georgia or North Carolina. Pretty much anywhere in the Appalachian mountains is guaranteed to be spoopy as fuck.

Pic related, taken at trail 10 mins from my house.
>>
Ive seen reports that Louisiana has the largest number of paranormal reports.
But North Louisiana is so empty of life I dont think its that spooky until you get closer to New Orleans or a spooky swamp/lake
>>
Skip to 5:45 to see niggers react to possible cemetery ghost for lols!
https://youtu.be/04rXtGrErRQ
>>
>>18382838
Looks like an outhouse
>>
>>18382961
That's what I thought at first, but there's no sign of any sort of hole in the floor and there are three identical ones on the same path.
>>
>>18381144
Can't say I have.
>>
New Hampshire
not many people talk about it, but as someone who has lived there their entire life, it's really fucking creepy. No aliens though
>>
>>18378691
Alaska or Bumfuck Ohio. Not populated Ohio, Bumfuck ohio. Ohio is terrifying at night, especially deep in the metroparks
>>
>>18383049

blue limestone is pretty spoopy
>>
>>18382983
give me your email if you want to chat about it. Really creepy abandoned mental asylum. I'm trying to get a group together to go again.
>>
Since it pertains to this thread...Spooky Te/x/as story.

Where I live there is a haunted house, as in one of those haunted attraction places that opens every year around Halloween. It is actually very well done and the owner makes it better and better every year. Well the building used to be a school (that burnt down.) then a church (that burnt down.) then it was left vacant for a long time. We're talking decades. Well apparently edgy satanist kids (which my town used to have a pretty good number of.) broke in and regularly used the place for their edgy satanist rituals. They thought that because the place burned down twice it was cursed or something.

Anyway, the haunted house opened up back in 2007. And it has been open every year since. And every year the actors who work in it report creepy stuff. A few years back, a guy I know worked there during highschool. He said one actor that was supposed to stay in a dark room and jump out when lights turned on got scratched and bruised to hell after something attacked him in the dark. Another time, they had a mannequin "just get up and walk off." And there are sightings of all sorts of stuff left and right in that place.

The owner never replied back to me about getting to investigate though :/ Something tells me it is all hype to get business (he makes a killing every year in just two months.) But the place does have a history worthy of being called /x/worthy.
>>
I live in Arkansas, more specifically the north east part. There's quite a bit around where I live. Also there is the crescent hotel to the west.
>>
>>18380429
Pukwudgies are a Massachusetts thing.
>>
File: 1479688109105.jpg (94KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1479688109105.jpg
94KB, 500x667px
>>18380613
Lmao I'm from Arkansas there isn't shit out here
>>
>>18383030
Eh, as stated above I would vote Vermont only because we have aliens and a triangle. But then you all have the ocean born mary house and haunted ships so?
>>
The last states thread the consensus was that the east coast was top spooky, around west virginia.

But Texas south east is kinda spooky in a weird way. Basically because of how "open" the skies feel there's always an interesting air space. a ton of airports big and small around and there's pretty much always a plane's blinking light to follow in the night sky.
>>
>>18383149
cutting edge?
>>
>>18383366
Wishing springs Indian chief
>>
File: Glastonbury.jpg (33KB, 338x379px) Image search: [Google]
Glastonbury.jpg
33KB, 338x379px
>>18383149
Oh we can do this then? Okay.

So I want to tell you about Glastonbury Mountain. It's located in Southwest vermont, just few minutes from where I grew up. In fact I used to go hunting as a kid around it's base, though I was always on the Eastern side as that's where my home was. The area is mostly uninhabited forest that goes on for miles, with a few smaller villages scattered around the edges of the forest.

The thing is this area is full of just really old freaky stories. Abandoned towns that supposedly half the population just vanished from while the other half went crazy, deliverance style hillbillies who still practice freezing rituals, little creatures that look like deformed bear cubs without fur, or giant mountain cats that stalk through the woods that have been reported to pick up carts and cars. Lights in the sky, and the natives say the mountain eats people, and that the four winds meet there, so any mortal who looks upon them is swept away.

Most of these I can contribute to old drunk men who are sick to death of freezing their asses off outside, and so come in to talk around the fire and play a game of one upping each other's tall tales. I know bullshit when I smell it. I hunted the eastern slopes for most of my life and I have never seen a catamount the size of an elephant wandering through the area.

Somethings though I can believe. I've seen the pits where old farm houses were, and their is enough woods out there for anyone to be living in the area without being noticed for a while. I've seen the lights, though I wouldn't call them ufo's , probably chain lighting or Saint elmos fire, and I went up onto glastonbury exactly once, and I won't be going again after what happened.

The creepiest thing though is that people keep vanishing. Like it's an almost yearly thing. Some get found, others don't. You'd blame the woods but the weird part is sometimes they aren't in the woods. People claim to have lost people out of moving cars,
cont
>>
>>18383605
or in broad daylight from their front yards. It's weird , but like I said most get found eventually. Still enough don't that it's something my grandmother always warned me about before I went hunting.

Nana had grown up during the time when the triangle was most active, so she was paranoid. 1945-1950 there were 5 disappearances around the area, including a war vet who vanished from a bus heading from the city to his home town. None were found. If I went out to the woods I had to take a flare, a map and a compass, and if I saw anything strange I was to turn around and walk straight home, no stopping.

Grandpa, for what it was worth, reminder her that if I spotted the weird stuff it was likely too late for that.

I never vanished, but after I became interested in the paranormal I have sought out vermont spooks and tried to debunk them. Glastonbury was one, but I hit spots all over the state. If you would like I can share some stories.
>>
>>18383634
sure dude, let's hear em if you have time
>>
>>18383676
alright well lets see . One of the first ones I went looking for was Emily's bridge. Story goes that a girl whose father was a merchant in a town up north got knocked up by a southern boy. Rather than be forced to give up the baby the two decided to elope. They were to meet at the bridge going out of town. Emily showed up but lover boy never did. Emily realized he wasn't coming and killed herself.
so far so kosher. So me and a group of friends go make a day of it. We drive up to this little town, taste the local foodie tourist traps, stop by the local historical society and wait for dark.
The set up is my best bud, his girlfriend, her friend, and me. We are all piled in crappy ass car I lovingly call "dentibus". It's a good fall day clear, no clouds, a little chilly. I find a cemetery that dates back to the time period, and we go looking for emily's grave. After shitting around the graveyard for an hour or so, taking rubbings and mournfully contemplating the headstones of children while sipping our hot cocoa we find one around the right date that reads "Our dearest Emiline. " which we decide is the right stone. So I pull out my old crappy flip phone and take "ghost photos" and evp's using an crappy recorder.
Oh god... I am getting embarrassed typing this.
One of the girls decides we need to ask emily to appear so we all hold hands and she chants what I am fairly certain was a christmas carol in latin and then we all chat "emily come to us, show yourself, follow us."

So once we are done looking like raving lunatics we drive to the covered bridge, park and wait for dark.
cont.
>>
>>18378691
oregon?
>>
>>18383132
How does one go about doing that?
>>
>>18383772
Oregon? More like Orgone, amiright?
>>
The story goes that emily waits for her man and every time a man crosses her bridge without paying her respect she gets pissed. Stories of cars stalling and shaking like someone is bouncing on the hood, or a woman standing in the bridge's center. The sound of scraping on the cars roof, and people getting scratches and slaps.
So we go into the bridge while it's light and me being me I leave her a penny. My best bud laughs and tells me that I'm supposed to be the skeptic. I explain that it might be a trigger object and laugh it off. He makes rudes suggestions about emily, the girls laugh and I just try to figure out where would be best to set up a camping spot without getting run over.

Darkness comes, half moon and the first hour and a half is us walking around talking to thin air. It's boring and pretty soon the girlfriend wants to go home . since I am driving they have to stay, but at this point the temperature is reaching frosty levels and I am about ready to pack it in. Nothing on the evp, nothing on my camera. I figure it's debunked.
So we all get in the car, and before we go friend of the girlfriend suggests we drive through the bridge. They agree, I moan that going that way will just mean we have to turn around to get down the mountain, but off we go.
half way across the bridge dentibus stops. I curse, but at this point I am not freaked out. It's not until 2 minutes of the car not turning over that I hear girlfriend shrieking in the back. She's pointing behind us into the dark, which is much blacker than a night with any moon should be, even on a covered bridge. I look back and I see someone approaching in the mirror. I sigh and tell girlfriend to shut up, it's probably a local or some animal. She insists it looks like a woman and when I look again...

Nothing.

I tell girlfriend to go back to trying to give my friend a stealth handy while I get the car started. So I go out, pop my hood, and stare gormlessly at the engine.
cont.
>>
>>18380306
Check out the new book, The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost. In addition to its relation to the excellent show by that name, this fascinating work deals with everything from natives to ayys. Quintessentially /x/ and very very good.
>>
>>18382279
Seconded. Also from there.
>>
>>18380577
kek, underrated
>>
>>18383797
I bend over to check something and I feel a hand on my back. I turn around, expecting one of the others, but nothing again. I am mildly freaked out but go back to cheecking, I pull out the oil stick and use my flashlight to check it. I drop the flashlight from my slowly numbing hands and watch as it rolls down into the gutters alongside the bridge.

I was not happy. It was one of those nice flashlights that cops use, and a gift from my uncle.

I go down on my knees to try and retrieve it. The gutter is basically a gap between the side of the bridge and the bottom with a beam running under it to catch the water /oil and other detritus and slough it off into the river. It's mostly so that melting ice and snow don't flood the bridge every year. My flashlight is laying across the beam shining towards the inner part of the bridge. I lay down and start trying to grab it. As I am I am all but shoving my body into the gap, turning my head to the side, anything to get that flashlight.

Something grabs me and tugs hard. So hard my head goes into the bridge. As I blink to try to clear my eyes the I swear I see bare feet standing on the other side of my car. I sit up, wobble to a standing position and there is nothing. I am at this point so freaked that I slam the hood down, jump into my car, and slam the door. Everyone in the car stares at me as I breath.

That's when the scratching starts on the roof. Girls scream, bud hollars, I crank the car into working and we shoot off. we get half way up the road before the screaming stops.

We all catch our breaths, laugh about a fucking raccoon, because that's what it must have been, a coon coming from the rafters and decided we have had enough amature ghost hunting for the night. We turn around , go back through the tunnel no problem and head home.

Bud calls me the next morning, says I might have something in my back seat that scratched him up. I blame his girlfriends nails , we laugh more and forget about it.
cont.
>>
>>18383868
Side not to this: dentibus died 3 months after this and as I was cleaning him out I find a lot of old shit. Under one of my seats though I find my flashlight.

I know it's the one from the bridge because it's got my initials engraved on it and next to it is a penny. I have no idea how It got there, I distinctly remember never grabbing it, but there it was, next to a god damned penny.

Just like me to get a ghost sweet on me.

Anyone still listening or am I just rambling at air here?
>>
>>18380802
>>18380735

Alrighty, I have two stories I'll just shit into green text now that I remembered this thread.

>Driving out of Elkhorn after meeting my hick ex-girlfriend's parents
>Driving through the woods back towards the highway
>Keep getting an odd feeling that something is afoot while driving home
>Ex-girlfriend is asleep in the passenger seat, radio is just playing some old rock music
>Look over to the side and see something moving through the trees at the same pace as my car
>Look back and see that I'm doing 60 in a 50
>"What the hell.."
>Keep looking over as we're driving and seeing the same thing intermittently drifting through the trees
>It looks like a wolf but is moving like a front-long gazelle
>Drive faster to get back to the highway

Looked it up later and its called the beast of bray road. Evidently an intelligent werewolf... idk if that's what I saw but it still spooks me out to this day. It must've been playing though? I mean if it wanted us, it could've had us... idk, maybe I was tired.

>Riding bike home from a friend's house as a kid
>finally get to my circle and start peddling down the road
>get a sensation that tells me to look up and I do, seeing something in the sky
>4 extremely defined arrows are hanging overhead, slowly drifting into a diamond formation from an arrow
>stop my bike and just stare up at it as they all close ranks
>they all change their bearing to another direction in perfect coordination while suspended there
>suddenly they lurch forward and disappear
>the lurching motion of the arrows actually made me feel a bit sick at the movement
>Blink, next thing I know I'm in the garage with my bike

Surmised in retrospect that I was an hour late getting home because my ma was mad. Problem was, I was 30 minutes late when I left and its a 10 minute bike ride. 3 minutes from where I stopped my bike to gawk. So 37 minutes late from where I clocked it, giving me 23 minutes of unaccounted time.
>>
>>18378691
West Virginia/Ohio valley has had some crazy shit.
>>
>>18383887
Please go on!
I enjoyed your story.
>>
>>18383773
I've been there before, about a mile walk through the woods and you're there. HUGE place. It's trespassing but as long as you're not being rowdy it's hard to get caught. If you're talking about the email just reply to me with your email lol.
>>
>>18381460
I live in Albuquerque. Defiently agree with the statement that this state hating human beings. Spoke with some homeless folks just tonight and they told me their stories and the systems in place to ensure how they make money off of and also contribute to your downfall.
>>
File: image.gif (47KB, 333x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
47KB, 333x502px
>>18378726
Skinwalker ranch?
>>
File: rowboat.jpg (323KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rowboat.jpg
323KB, 1600x1200px
>>18383925
Okay cool. I have one more story in me before I go to bed, but if this exist tomorrow I may be able to drop some more.

Most places I went are basic tourist traps. The kind where there are rats in the wall and they want to paint it as ghosts to drum up business.
I can't blame them, tourism is the only thing vermont has for it sometimes, and if an idiot out of stater want's to see ghosts in old smudgy mirrors I don't mind.

I have found a few places that have legitimate spooks, but one of the one's that stands out most in my mind is a state park.

Bomoseen state park is located on the grounds of an old slate mining operation. It's got a legitimate abandoned town nearby that used to service the Quarry workers. Across the lake is another town that is still there name castleton , that has survived simply due to being on a trade route out of vermont and into new york state. It's mostly for rich idiots who can own homes on the lake, so a lot of it's draw are restaurants and shops. In the old times though it was a trade town.

So I used to go to this place every summer to swim and explore the rotting old town and do camping stuff. One year I bring my bud, the same guy from before, to hang out. We'll call him Levi.
It's our first year of college. He's gone to school to become a teacher, and I am pursuing a psychology degree, and so when summer comes around and we both pass my grandfather offers to let us use his boat, and we pony up for a campsite.

We get to the campsite, park the boat, gather wood and of course me being me we start telling ghost stories. Levi laughs about the time at the bridge and I tell him about the other places I have been. He of course asks about the camp and I explain that the most well know story is of three guys who went out to get plastered at Castleton and rather than walk miles back to their homes they decided to row back home. They were seen going out into the fog of the early morning and were never seen from again.
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 534x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 534x810px
>>18379179
Currently living in Nola, witnessed a Santeria ceremony welcoming the arrival of fall this year.
Satanic worship is very common, with a significant population of self-professed vampires and witches.
Not to mention any cryptids and ufo sightings out in the swamps here.
>>
>>18382271
Lived in Mt Pleasant for like two years, just off Mission St across campus. And I've never once heard of an "asylum" at CMU. The scariest thing in that town is trying to drive during Welcome Week.

If anything, it's the natives doing spoopy shit on the rez that ups the creep factor in Mt. P.
>>
>>18383993
"Only their boat was found, fully upright and nothing disturbed. like they just vanished. "

I waggled my fingers and made spook noises.

If you can't tell my mechanism for dealing with weird shit is to be sarcastic at it.

He laughs but asks if we can go hunting at night to find the boat. I say only if the night is clear and the moon is full. Levi says that should be coming up, and so I promise we will go looking for it if the chance arises.

We have the campsite for two weeks, and we do what any adventurous duo does for that time: we eat, drink and find ass. I was a little less lucky than my friend, primarily because I wasn't really trying, I had my eye on someone specific, but I got action a couple of times.

So one morning Levi shuffles out and informs me that the moon is full and the forcast is clear skies. He plans to take my grandfathers speed boat, park it in the middle of the lake and look for the ghost rowboat.

I had forgotten all about this, but like any good ghost hunter I have my stuff in my new car. I agree and we get ready.

So come sundown we are anchored, as best we can be, in the middle of the lake. To our left is a little uninhabited island, and other than that we are in the middle of a lake. We have our life vests on, our radio turned on incase something happens and enough water and food to last if something happens.

Did I mention am a paranoid fuck? Growing up /k/ommando style does that to a person.

anyway I have decided to forgo drinking because I do actually want to try this seriously and levi is following my example, albeit whining the entire way.

So we sit and talk and discuss. He's broken up with his girl, found a new chick name Averyl. Yadda yadda nice tits. I do a couple of evp sessions, get nothing, and by midnight he's half asleep. I am still up, enjoying the night breeze and the rocking of the boat. It's nights like these that make me feel alive.
cont.
>>
>>18383157
Not to mention the legend of boggy creek
>>
>>18384052
Hey, Travis Crabtree.
>>
>>18383676
Got anything on the woods South of Brighton?
>>
>>18384035
So when the radio interrupt my hipster lumberjane moment I jump. I regain my composure, check to make sure that Levi is okay, and go to turn down the now static radio. When I do though I swear I can hear singing. It's hard to make out but I hear the tune behind it. I turn it off, stand up to grab my recorder and something bumps the boat. I grab our flaslight, look over the edge and see nothing at first, until I go up towards the front of the boat, where under the nose is a boat. It's white and has ores on it. the waves keep shoving it against the boat. I shout to levi and we fish the boat out from under ours before it does too much damage. I look it over and note that it's from the old Inn on the other side of the lake. It's been the towns inn since it was founded and one of it's big features is it's boat accessible because it hangs out over the water a little. I figure that's where the thing came from.

Levi, thinking we had literally slammed into the boat from the story, is understandably disappointed , but being the good Vermonters we are we just can't leave it there. So off we go to deliver the boat.
>>18384069
Brighton as in the Northeast kingdom? I think I visited the hotel there. Green mountain lodge ? used to be the clyde something hotel. That was legitimate.
>>
California

Deserts full of meth labs, alien abductions and military testing, and just general weirdos who want to live in isolation.

Lots of barren areas full of old mine shafts and abandoned towns.

Indian burial grounds all over.

Serial killers galore, both night stalkers and the zodiac killer.
>>
>>18383891
Congrats on getting stealth ass raped by aliums
>>
File: rowboat2.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
rowboat2.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>18384089
We tie the boat to the back and crawl our way across the lake so as not to break it loose and have to go find it again . Every few mintues the static starts up, same song. The only bit I remember hearing clearly was "Never a teardrop should fall". I eventually just shut the damned thing off and go back to trying to get where I need to be.

Levi is on boat minding duty, and we start talking about what it must be like to just be lost on this lake. I mean if we didn't have the moon to guide us we would be screwed. As the lake side inn's lights come into view and I slide towards the dock, We both consider ourselves lucky to have gps and such. He jokingly calls out to the boat behind us "Isn't that right boys?"

Suddenly the damned radio pops to life. We both stare at it and when I look back the damned boat is gone. Levi has been looking at it the whole time, but now the rope is slack and in the water and where the boat was is nothing. I stop the motor and we pull in the line. I expect the rope to have sapped, but no, the loop we ha secured to the boat was still perfectly intact.
We are staring at each other when I swear over the radio, we hear laughter and the song again.

I pull into the docks, to refuel and tell the manager that his row boat is out there and he might want to go check it in the morning. He looks at us weird, says they use pontoon boats now, and when I insist its got his name on it he brings me to the dock to show me. Apparently they stopped renting the boats out a few years back. He suggests I misread the name though as the mariana, which shares a smilar name, has rowboats. He says he will send a search party out in the morning.

So back on the boat we get, and we turn around. I am shaken up so Levi takes the wheel. He pauses at the place we were before, and we talk a little more because we don't really want to quit yet. He's in the captain's chair and I am lounging against the back near the motor.
>>
>>18384089
>Green Mountain Lodge
That's the place, I'm thinking of moving south from there innawoods. I just wanted to check if my life expectancy would go down significantly if i go through with it.
>>
The next thing I know I am almost going back over the boat, all our supplies shifting violently backwards and the digital recorder I blew my savings on is gone to davy jones locker.

He only stops when we are in our camp, and tells me he saw men on the island walking around. I laugh and tell him it was probably campers. He insists they were not as that area is private property and has no development on it. He says he saw them walking from the water onto shore.

I shrug, go to bed and in the morning ask the head ranger about the island. He informs me that my friend is right, and that really trespassing on that area is prohibited. He says it's possible someone got out there, but considering the shoals around the area they would have had a rough time of it getting there at night. He also points out that the entire island is really just slate rock and a cabin for the occasional patrol out that way, so there is no reason for civilians to be on it.

I tell him about the people and he shrugs.

"Ah yeah, we get that alot. Just ignore them,"

Levi to this day claims they were the ghost of the men on that boat. I just can't figure out where the damned thing went.

>>18384137
Not that I know of, though the entire Northeast kingdom is a hot spot for cryptid stories. My cousins tell some weird ones from that neck of the woods. Ole Slippery skin, the tree walkers, things that are very similar to skinwalkers. I would be careful, but not afraid.

I have to turn in. If you all make a thread I shall come tomorrow to regale you with more tales.
>>
>>18384154
>Crytids
100% Nope, i don't take chances with that which skinwalks.
>More Tales
I'm hype.
>>
>>18381336
Super coincidental. But I'm also from Cleveland and I just met someone from Knoxville (who started up here) who was up here visiting.

3spoopy
>>
Montana is spooky as Shit
>small and sparce population
>Literally surrounded by abandoned communities
>main spot for criminals and the like to hide out
>Glacier park in the summer in the middle night will make you nope out
>people go missing and we all accept it
But seriously we get all manner of crazy Shit up here ing the North and the amount of,people staying here and fucking with ancient Indian shit is staggering
406 represent.
>>
>>18382838
Could it be a washhouse or shower house? People used to put the shower and clothes washer out there, and dig the shithouse separately, since the shit pit would have to be moved every year. A lot of rural south old people didn't get indoor plumbing until the 1950s-1970s. It's possible that the house was wood frame and gone, but the cinderblock washhouse was left behind.
>>
File: pratical immortality.jpg (521KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
pratical immortality.jpg
521KB, 640x960px
I have to run to work. I can't decide which story to tell next so you get to decide. Do you want to hear about how I got into the freaky side of vermont, or do you want to hear about how I got may ass cursed to hell and back on a dare?
>>
>>18378695
It's for sure the most haunted state in the North... I just read two books about different hauntings throughout southern wisco.
>>
>>18384807
>Lurk more newfag
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>18379176
Fellow Indianafag
I've only had two experiences where I saw a soundless, cylindrical craft fly over my house and a second where I saw a rabbit jump into a hole that wasn't there. Other than that, there's fucking nothing here
>>
jersey

it's literally the twilight zone
>>
Alabama is definitely the spooky central of the south. I can't speak well enough for the country as a whole, but if you're picking Tennessee/Georgia/the carolinas/mississippi/florida just know that you should be picking Alabama.
>>
>>18379161
Staten islander going to college in Baltimore here

IDK much but I know there was this old mental ward that was shut down for abusing it's patients and then a serial killer used the old ruins of it as a dumping ground for his bodies on Staten Island. Other than that idk
>>
>>18384972
cropsey, a classic
>>
>>18378772
>the mountains of North GA

can confirm. lived in n ga mountains. lived in two haunted houses there. saw tons of weird shit in the skies at night.
>>
Bump for vert
>>
>>18385421
here but it looks like the thread has died. oh well
>>
The wampum cat from Louisiana, speaking of which...*heart shatters*
>>
>>18386406
rowling did do well to your local cat ?
>>
Charleston, south carolina is pretty spooky, so many battles and old shit man. Also me and my friends went inside the abandon asylum in Columbia south carolina, in the asylum you felt like you were being watched and it was honestly really scary since we went at night
>>
Florida here, 6 out of 10 on the spooky sclae

there's not many haunted areas or sighting but the ones we have are pretty spooky just because the setting is a swamp

being in a haunted swamp is pretty spooky because you truly feel alone
>>
>>18380613
>>18383366
Another Arkansasan here. Ridiculous how little spooky shit we have. You'd think we'd at least have plenty from the old Native American civilization we had down in the Mississippi delta.
>>
>>18383891
>beast of bray road
Given the description you provided I am unsure.
Typically it is describes as being somewhat similar to a cross between a wolf and a bear, it is known to have a slight preference for standing on its hind legs like a human.

I have some interest in finding it someday. An encounter with it could be useful.

>>18383868
Why were you in denial?
>>
>>18378691

kentucky, particularly ashland, where charles manson grew up
apparently there are 5 mounds near the town center that is a big nope.
>>
>>18386695
I try to remain skeptical and at times that goes straight into the denial realm. Between that and the fact that Levi was just as freaked out as I was ? eh I guess I just decided to make a joke out of it.
>>
so do you guys want to hear about my entrance into the spooky or my trip to Black angus
>>
>>18383157
Oh yeah? That's cool, I'm from that part of the state too. Any sites you recommend? My mom's stayed at Crescent but didn't see or hear anything.
>>
>>18386526
Lot of haunted areas around St. Augustine
>>
File: byoutifulgv.jpg (780KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
byoutifulgv.jpg
780KB, 1000x667px
>>18383980
Skinwalkers yeah but you wont find any north of Moab. The rest of Utah is pretty tame as far as I know unless someone can tell me otherwise
>>
>>18386826
In all honesty I kind of want someone to tell me otherwise. It's too calm here and no one mentions anything about this state on /x/. I guess growing up small-town makes a man paranoid.
>>
>>18386860
Utah has troubles aplenty without the supernatural getting involved. The way I hear it porn is about to be illegal.
>>
>>18386879
Guess I have some videos to download then.
>>
>>18386891
atta boy.
>>
>>18386713
that makes enough sense for me.
I presume you retrieved your flashlight?
>>
>>18387014
There is actually a side note buried above about that. I will say this : I do not remember retrieving the flashlight, as right before my arm was jerked down I was barely scraping it with my fingers. I also don't remember having it in my hands when I entered the car.
>>
>>18387044
I knew about the side note I was wondering if you took back the flashlight after finding it under the seat. Not that that detail holds much significance.
>>
>>18382239
Fellow ND bro here!

ever been to San Haven?
>>
>>18387082
Oh sorry, misread. Yeah I took it back and used it until I lost it during a house fire, right before I had to leave the area. It was something of a good luck charm.
>>
>>18378726
I live here and can confirm, it's plain as hell
>>
File: femal ghost with bell.jpg (64KB, 780x538px) Image search: [Google]
femal ghost with bell.jpg
64KB, 780x538px
>>18380000
Quads of truth. 10/10 anon. An interdimensional portal, literally a doorway to another Reality has been discovered, verified, and proven beyond all doubt. UK discovery TV film crew was the last documentary group to go there. The young psychic from the group went missing after they went out there to film. Cops, search parties, the whole 9, for 3 days straight, and he then he finally appeared. Wandering aimlessly, Naked, and jibbering nonsense, poor dude is still in an institution today. This huge area in Wanaque, near where Dupont dump their chemicals (mercury etc.) is basically a massive, magik mirror now. Wanaque '66 was the biggest UFO flap of all time.
>>
>>18383597
Cutting Edge was never a school from what I know. It is an abandoned meat packing factory.
>>
Illinois suburbs always have a fuckin creepy horror film vibe to them, no matter the time of day or how ever many people are around Iv'e always got chills being out in the subs.
>>
>>18383049
Second this. Currently living in Soldotna, AK. North east of me is the community known as Funny River and let me tell you, besides meth addict hillbillies, spooky fucking shit happens out there as its not just fucking deep wilderness its advanced deep wilderness dot jaypeg. Seriously like the end of civilization man, so many strange stories come from that neck of the woods. They named it funny river for a reason. Colorado takes a close second, spent a lot of time in the Arkansas River Valley and spooky shit happens there. I actually lived in the Monarch Mountain Lodge which is sort of a local Hotspot. Im stuck on mobile or else id green text
>>
Californian here.
I see a lot of UFOs rising or going in and out of the ocean or zipping around in the sky. Also i live on a giant native burial ground and close to a place where the chiefs and tribes would meet back in the day, I can definitely feel some voodoo here.
They were ripping up a parking lot a few miles from house which was a giant native american cemetery, a lot of the construction workers got hurt, for example tractors would turn on by themselves and crush or try to run over people also tools would go constantly missing
>>
>>18387467
Can I have some citations of proof for this?
>>
>>18380306
Read Laird Barron's stuff
>>
>>18384548
My band toured out there in October and it was amazing how spooky it gets.
>>
File: 1478531408301m.jpg (59KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478531408301m.jpg
59KB, 846x1024px
>>18382105
They remind me of The Village
>>
>>18380555
then why are memphis rappers infatuated with "that devil shit"? they all have skulls, 666, rapping that sounds like zombies with lotsa spooky beats and shit. gotta be some spoopy shit in orange mound rite?
>>
>>18389059

Or they could just think it's cool and do it because others are doing it.
>>
>>18380710
Also New Yorker here, and I've been to Beardslee Castle, I think some guy hung himself in the foyer or something, I'm sure there's more... There was a strangely unsettling presence throughout the whole place, but I had been drinking and that seemed to help, but I recall being in the 'dungeon' (that's where one of the bars is located) and just wanting to finish my drink and get out of there...What about Happy Valley? That's in Oswego county as well(Beardslee isn't, but I know Ft. Ontario is)... I've gone there a few times at night, and it's way back off the main roads and even if you do get kinda spooked, it's a good several miles before you're back on the main road. Other than that, I'd say NY is not all that haunted.
>>
>>18389108
Is it worth the money? My family has been itching to go there.
>>
>>18386724
Yes plox
>>
>>18389714
I liiiive. Alright I will do my best. I will tell you how I came to be interested in this.
>>
>>18389746
Bamp
>>
So I was 16 and my cousins decided to invite me up to a cabin they had in the northeast kingdom . They basically live on the Canadian border on my grandfathers family farm and this is their hunting lodge.

The northeast kingdom is pretty much wilderness, and is well known in my head for two things: Entire towns Francophones who didn't get the english language memo and swallowing whole towns back into itself. It's woods and hard living and pretty close to a time capsule of Vermont culture.

So one of the stories the locals tell is about an abandoned home on the hills above the village I am staying near. They say that it was originally home to a woman "With powers". They never say it, but from the way they talk about her I figure she was a remnant of the Abanaki, an offshoot of the Wabanaki tribe that is prevalent up here. She supposedly lived and worked on the hill, and there are tale of her healing the trappers and traders that made up the town before it became a logging area. She was said to have a tent up at the top of the hill and that her only rule was no one was to come unannounced to her home. She backed this up with "presences" which are apparently different than "the presence" of the mountains, or knowing vermonters they are the same. They seem to be described as shadow people, and they would roam the hills at night to keep danger away from the woman.

Now medicine woman or not she eventually died, and this was shortly after vermont got hit with the sheep craze and lots and lots of out of staters decided to try their hand at raising sheep. With logging clearing the area quickly it was only a matter of time before someone moved in on the little logging camp.

Sorry for the slow post. I am currently trying to cook dinner.
>>
>>18389785
Now the town itself is called newport, not to be confused with newport city, but the man was one Mr. Smith, according to local legend, and he was one of the first sheep farmers in the area. He made it big down in his home state of Massachusetts doing some textile work and decided he would be trying his hand at a more rural pursuit. He bought up some land part of which was where the old medicine woman lived.

The locals had left it alone, figuring that whatever she did up there to bind the spirits wasn't something you messed with lightly, but Mr. Smith decided that her hilltop, with it's views, would be perfect for his new home. He set about building a home at once on the property, despite his new neighbors warning him that the land had been the home to someone who was liable to still want it.

"She's dead, her only care is how the worms eat her flesh." was the response.

So the vermonters, being vermonters, left well enough alone.

The construction was plagued by bad luck from the beginning. Tools stolen or broken, workers crushed to death or maimed, the house's frame setting alight twice, and talk of creatures moving about the home at night. Workers walked off, but still Mr. Smith continued to build his home. He transformed the hilltop and the surrounding fields into orchards and pastureland.

Finally the house was finished and Mr. Smith began to move in. The vermonters approached him and complimented his home, but could not keep themselves from commenting on the strange events and how he must be worried. He insisted he was not, and even told them he was planning a party once he had settled, on the new years. The vermonters nodded and complimented him again and soon enough he was making plans for his family and furniture to make the trek up north.
cont.
>>
>>18380000
I'm from NY and I gotta give it to NJ
>Pine Barrens
>Gates of Hell
>Jersey Devil

Not to mention the stories my Jersey friends tell me of south Jersey makes me think it was the inspiration for the wild wastelander perk.
>>
the shit I've read about rural illinois here is pretty damn spooky.
>>
Over the coming weeks he did comment that strange sounds were coming from his basement, like people laughing, but he could never find the source. He laughed it off, blaming drink and the thin air, but he took to staying out and about from his home later and later.

Soon fall turned to winter and he visited the village less frequently, but when he did he spoke of things moving in his home and sounds of people on the stairs. One of his neighbors suggested natives trying to come in from the cold but he insisted these creatures were not human.

As the days passed he began to become increasingly jumpy, and men at the pub heard him speaking about them being outside his door.

One night the innkeeper claims he came to his door in a panic, begging to stay the night. The only sensible words he could understand besides that were "faces in my chambers." and "touching me. "

The next morning the man seemed fine though, and when asked about it he seemed genuinely confused. He assumed he had drunk too much, apologized and went home.

Nothing more occurred, and shortly before christmas his things arrived. He had some men up to help him unpack and they noted he had barred all but one door with boards, including the cellar door. He insisted it helped keep the place warm.

On the day before new years his family arrived, and on new year's eve he threw his party as promised. It was lavish and festive, and when midnight approached he stood on his chair and gave a speech. He spoke of conquering fear, and taking back the wilderness from heathens. He spoke of faith in god and industry. And as he raised his glass to toast the clock struck midnight. On the 12th tolling a sound, like a thousand feet thundered up the stairs. The door, barred tight, burst open and a wind as black as pitch blew through the home. Candles were knocked over and when it passed mister smith lay dead. The Vermonters took him up, gathered his family, and left the house.
>>
>>18389852
As they left a great shriek erupted and they turned to see the house engulfed in flames. It burned hot until the house was turned to ash and only the basement and foundation remained. The vermonters left the farm and the hilltop to nature, and the land was never sold

Now my Cousin's cabin is on the lake, not far from the supposed foundation of the home. Having been underage and a bit of a goody two shoes at that point, I had not drunk myself into a stupor the night before in celebration of my arrival. Instead I had gotten to bed early in hopes of getting some game to cook up the next morning. This meant that I was not hungover as shit the next morning and instead was heading up the hill towards a place that looked like a decent spot to camp. I had noticed it during the trek in, an overgrown orchard, that was still producing fruit. It was a few hills over, so I had a hike to go, but nothing terribly draining. With luck I would be in position before dawn hit and the deer started foraging.

I crossed one hill, then started up the other. This one had walls on it, brick and stone, which marked it as an old old farm. I went around the hill but when I spotted the foundation I figured "oh hey, something to keep me out of the wind, and to lean my gun on. I wonder if I can get a good shot down to the orchard."

So up I scramble towards the foundation.

Now at this point it's basically a ring of stones, a few stubborn walls and a pit that would be the basement.The ground is covered in dead leaves, and the pit is halfway full with them. It's still a good five foot drop though, so It's not much use to me. After making sure there wasn't a good spot, even if I could settle behind a wall their was n't a good shot, I decided to just go down and camp the edge and wait. Better aim but more likelihood of being scented. So I skirt the edge of the pit and as I do I hear rustling.
>>
I saw a skeleton in Montana.
>>
>>18389897
It's coming from the pit.

Being young and stupid my first thought is not fear but a sense of luck. I must have found one of the deer that got stuck in the hole. Easy shooting, and with some work I could haul it up and out easily with one of the cousins atv's. No sitting in the dark freezing my tits off, hoping to get a deer stupid enough not to smell me. I could go home and get warm and eat with the others. If I skin and gut the thing I might even be able to take it home with out the atv. Less back and forth running.

As I am planning this I lean over to look into the pit. I expect a doe, or maybe a young buck.

I have been scared before in my life, and in my time looking for the paranormal I have been in situations that haunt me still, but out of all of those times two remain quiet fixed in my mind. These are the images that are fresh, haven't faded, and which convince me to keep looking for answers.
One is my trip to glastonbury, the other is this moment.

I struggle even now to describe it. At first I thought it was a deer, or a very large dog , it was tawny, and had fur, It looked broken, and was twitching and writhing. If I could liken it to anything it would be like maggots under the skin of a dead rabbit but bigger, or more of them.

I remember feeling kinda disappointed because it clearly was starving and I remember thinking that it must have been down there for a week at least because the stench that hit me was that of fresh pus and old blood. It was alive, I could see it breathing, but barely.
I was looking at it from it's rump, but I had a clear shot to it's vital organs. I figured if it was this bad off the only thing to do was to let it die and move on to the fresh animals.

I raised my gun, aimed, and shot.
>>
It moved. The fucking thing moved. and I don't mean it rolled over, or it flailed. It moved. It skittered out of the way on it's broken twisted limbs. As I watched it stood and I realized three things in the moment before terror broke through.

1) it was not broken, it had been intentionally positioned that way. It had been lying with it's spine contorted and legs and what I now spot to be arms, akimbo.

2) It was bipedal and had a look of a twisted half maw for a face. It had hands. It's legs were bent wrong. It was like a cross between a deer, a predator and a human.

3) I just woke it up by shooting at it, and some how I knew it knew I had meant to kill it.

I whipped the gun up, and as the thing moves towards what I now realize is going a chest high wall for it, I raise my gun, shoot in the things direction and then do what any sensible survivalist does when faced with something of this magnitude.
Run like Fuck.

I was gone like a shot. Sliding down the hill, past the stone markers, not looking back. I can hear it thrashing and the branches snapping under it's feet. I run and make the roughly thirty minute stroll in record time. I run even when the sound behind me stops and I get on the road leading to my cousins cabin. I run until I burst through the door and into my room and I lock the door.

I hugged my gun for the rest of the day, and only emerged from my hidey hole for dinner. When asked I explained and they laughed, Teased me for jumping at shadows.

Thing was I felt watched for the rest of the trip, and things kept vanishing around the cabin, food, wood for the fire, small things like knives.

After I got home I came looking for something similar, and never found it. Instead I became interested in the paranormal, and after that began trying to document it so I could prove I wasn't crazy. Skinwalkers might be the closest I have come, but even those don't match.

I'll tell the story of my curse tomorrow. For now I need to eat and get to bed.
>>
ask me what you will while I eat.
>>
>>18389945
Ooh ooh, pick me, I have a question!
Where did you find the inspiration for a story so obviouy fictitious and cliché, the creepypasta wiki?

I can sum up your entire wall of text in two lines
>innawoods
>sginwoggers
...I bet you worked real hard on that.
>>
>>18390369
Not as hard as I worked your mom last night,.
>>
>>18389227
The restaurant has some pretty god tier food-so that's def worth it! Definitely check out the dungeon if you do go!
>>
File: M0P.jpg (11KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
M0P.jpg
11KB, 250x201px
>>18390458
>>
>>18378691
All land ten miles within the Mississippi River
>>
>>18380984
Beaners can be scary
>>
>>18378691
The Warrens said that Connecticut is most haunted state.

I tend to agree that Connecticut tends to have the most supernatural connections in mass media and popular culture. It has more than its fair share.

now even this whole pizza gate thing has connections to connecticut because all the pizza places are on connecticut avenue in DC.

I think CT serves some kind of occult purpose.

like how on 12/21/2012 the whole world thought about Sandy Hook in the moment of silence.

everything always connects with CT.
>>
>>18378691
Out of curiosity is there any spooky stuff in Nebraska?
>>
>>18392334
>Live in CT
>It's the worst, there's nothing to fucking do, just small towns and shopping plazas everywhere
>Hear about occult shit, but never actually see any myself
>Break into all manner of abandoned places looking for trouble
>literally only have occult shit happen when I summon it myself.
>>
>>18379144
I'm getting stationed there I hope OKC is okay
>>
>>18392363
Its like southern Illinois only without anything to do at all, not even spooky shit. All people do here is smoke weed and commit suicide.
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.