[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Ghosts Just Electricity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

Hey /x/, I was walking downtown last night trying to come pu with some logical explanation for ghosts. How does this sound:
>Everything that occurs in the brain is a series of electrical currents
>energy can neither be created nor destroyed
>When people die, the energy in their brain must travel somewhere
>It usually travels outward
>Depending on several factors, the magnetic field(?) of an area may keep the energy from traveling anywhere else, making the area "Haunted"

This would explain a number of things.
1. Why ghost activity fucks with electronics so much.
2. Why kids and animals have more encounters with ghosts. Remember when the tv would be turned on and not showing a picture and nobody else could hear it but it was bugging the shit out of you? Your body was more sensitive as a child so it was easier to pick up high frequency waves and fields.
3. Apparitions and hallucinations. Stick with me on this, but what if the electrical currents from the area just rub up against a living person's brain and rearrange it for just a minute? there's no telling what they would experience from that, but it certainly would show them something that doesn't make sense.

What do you think? Should I actually take up trying to figure out more about this?
>>
Maybe the energy has an effect on our brain, making us "see" something that isn't there.

I've seen and heard ghosts but refuse to believe in them. The idea of them being "lost souls" etc to me is ridiculous.
>>
>>18378394

Same.

OPs idea makes more logical sense. I like it
>>
File: 1462470406872.jpg (329KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1462470406872.jpg
329KB, 1024x768px
There's a theory that supports this, that electromagnetism it's the cause for ghost sightings, in old houses electronics are faulty producing more electricity in the air.

But random electric current going trough your brain producing an specific anthropomorphic shape, it's still unexplainable.

Transhumanism believe that souls are electric in nature, and is the old pipe dream of AI development, don't trust them when they go all scientific, they still believe that they can make an electronic soul.

Strange people they are, hiding behind their math.
>>
>>18378453
I figure that the things people see are memories. (here's where its more theoretical than scientific)
In the same way that radio waves can send music, leftover waves from the brain can send memories. If these waves somehow hit a living person's brain, it would display both the memory and what the person is actually seeing at the same time, causing them to see 1800's characters in their modern house. This would also explain the sounds people hear.
>>
>>18378371
I like that theory even though you're kinda making up sience as you go but yeah. It's the closest thing to a logical explanation for anything ever on this board.
>>
>>18378507
Do you think I should develop experiments to see if I'm right?
>>
File: image.png (276KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
276KB, 512x368px
>>18378507
So much for logical explanations when people just try to make halfassed logical "explanations" while making up science along the way, all because they want security by believing that the paranormal doesn't exist because it's too scary for them.
>>
>>18378371
But why did people report ghost sightings long before electricity became a thing?
>>
>>18378371
The flow of electricity through conductors create magnetic fields.
>>
>>18378552
but the paranormal DOESN'T exist.
>>
File: 1478218022353.jpg (313KB, 983x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478218022353.jpg
313KB, 983x1600px
It's more that the way different people live give their electrical fields/"souls" different qualities. Some dissipate into the larger fields of the earth or even solar syatem, some hang together and find a newly forming brain to power (reincarnation) and some stay intact and linger (ghosts/spirits) attached to other electrical fields (families/places of power). I suppose that "heaven" will be a place these "souls" can linger indefinitely in happiness whether that place already exists hidden in some way deep in the earth, far up in the skies, in another dimension etc or maybe it will only naturally occur when there are no more new bodies being created for souls to inhabit or maybe it'll be scientifically created through transhumanism. Or maybe none of the above maybe I'm just crazy but I've put a lot of thought into the subject.
>>
>>18378557
the brain is managed by electrical signals. Ghost sightings would be able to happen whether or not commercial electricity existed.

>>18378559
The earth has its own magnetic field. Now that I reread it, it isn't quite what I said, but I was thinking that based in whats in an area, the geomagnetic field may be able to "trap" the energy emitted from the brain

>>18378552
Yes, because trying to understand the unknown must mean I'm scared of it.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>18378578
We can clearly tell you are spooked by the idea of the paranormal actually existing since you attempt to make a halfassed "logical" statement while making up science in it on the way.
>>
>>18378598
Where am I making up science? Everything I said is possible.

The brain IS maintained by electrical currents
energy MUST travel somewhere since it can't be created or destroyed
Electrodynamics ion trapping allows charged particles to be held in a free space by electric or magnetic fields.

It's whether or not this DOES happen that I'm concerned about.
>>
The Universe is made up of waves and fields. These fields interact with each other and create what we call subatomic particles, ie, the Standard Model of physics. Leptons, bosons etc

The particles in our brains (neurons, electrons etc) are all part of the same fields. All electrons are part of the same EM field, neurons a "neuron field", higgs bosons the higgs field etc, so theoretically a dead persons "thoughts" (brain activity/energy) still exist somewhere scattered amongst the various fields.

In theory, our thoughts all exist upon the same fields but are localised.

"An idea can never be destroyed"
>>
>>18378640
when a circuit is broken my man it just turns into static electricity, it doesn't float anywhere my man.
>>
>>18378371
no they aren't real
>>
File: 1383168079369.jpg (38KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
1383168079369.jpg
38KB, 600x464px
>>18378371

they're not really part of this reality

Your brain can sometimes "pick them up" usually only for a moment or two, capturing a single action.

I've only had a single encounter with a full-form apparition. I was outside my house and I turned around to see a frightening woman, she immediately "lept at me" and it made me flinch.

The whole vision only lasted a second or two but it made my heartrate skyrocket. I have no prior history of hallucinations but it seemed very real.
>>
File: B0O.jpg (78KB, 700x803px) Image search: [Google]
B0O.jpg
78KB, 700x803px
>>18378570

Yes it does. I suggest you go read the definition for the word 'paranormal' instead of relying on what you *think* the word 'paranormal' means. As a species there are a whole lot of things we still aren't able to scientifically explain.
>>
>>18378371
what most people call ghost can be explained with normal explanations and most of it is based on fear and the mind filling in the blanks when you cant see something clearly like out of the corner of your eye

the rest are things that probably never were human that people might notice under odd circumstances but the mind tries to edit them out because nobody really believes in them. you dont see them daily and dont know what they are so subconsciously you think they dont exist and you dont want to be crazy.

so you shrug it off and refuse to believe others who claim to have seen something. its easy enough lots of people lie about shit for no reason why believe some random you never met. hes probably just some larper
>>
>>18378598
Because as we all know, those who are scared of the paranormal often spend their free time frequenting paranormal image boards
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.