[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Local Urban Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: gcp.jpg (147KB, 862x497px) Image search: [Google]
gcp.jpg
147KB, 862x497px
ITT: post your local urban legends/myths, ones your neighborhood and suburb have come to learn and pass on over the years. I'll start with mine

>My suburb borders a golf course, which borders the train station
>There is a bike path running through the golf course to get to the train station
>Use this path nearly everyday to get to the train station
>I always avoid walking along it at night because there are no lights so its pretty much pitch black, if I do have to I'm usually with friends
>I live 3 doors up from the golf course (thought I should mention this)
>Along the path there is a very small, shallow, muddy pond with branches sticking out off it
> legend has it that a kid who lived close to the golf course always use to snoop around there by himself and night looking for critters
> One day his mother is greeted by a knock on the door from an officer telling her, her son drowned in the pond
> for some reason his body decomposed really quickly and he was practically soup by the time they retrieved his body
> The boy would often sleep in the trees or find a place to sleep so his mother wasn't to worried he didn't return that night
> We were only about 6-7 when this story started circulating so it lacked common sense, but apparently a stick that sticks out from the middle of the pond is his arm (upon further inspection it is not an arm bone)

Ok now to my experience with the urban legend

> I usually avoid going through the path alone because I could get jumped or even worse get spooked
> Well one series of events leads to another and I find myself having to walk it alone at about 10 PM
> think to myself "Let's get this over and done with quick"
>Blast down the first part of the path on my skateboard
>Approaching the pond, starting to slow down
>Hit a twig causing my board to stop and me stumbling forward
>fugggg
>go back and pick board and up swiftly turn around and go on my way
>walking past pond now trying not to look at it

cont?
>>
>>18378312
> trying to mind my own business
> start hearing small splashes from the direction of the pond
> they start getting louder and more vigorous
>fuggg
>start picking up the pace
>sounds like someone is splashing around like an autist over there
>then the sounds shifts from he noise like someone is crawling up the bank of the pond
>noise now sounds like something is being dragged across the bitumen path
>turn over my shoulder to see my killer
>no one
>Just a sandal
>looks brand new and extremely out of place
>had no memory of seeing one
>gut drops
>Nope about 100 meters back to mine
>pretty much explode through my back door
>Mum looks at me
>"Why did you do that you silly duffer"
>don't sleep that night

Sorry if it was anti climatic, but it did happen. I'm about 150 meters from the pond as I sit here and type this
>>
Turnbull Canyon is a neighborhood 24 miles east of Los Angeles. Urban legends there span from a home once belonging to Aleister Crowley to witchcraft and demon ritual. There have also been real life murders here (a young woman was dragged behind a car all the way down the canyon road until her head and limbs fell off) and people have hanged themselves

Here's a link to a general history of Turnbull Canyon:

http://turnbullcanyon2007.blogspot.com/2007/03/after-living-near-turnbull-canyon-now.html

And here is a write up I did in 2013 of my personal experiences and a "local's tour" of some famous sites.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/245558-turnbull-canyon-a-google-maps-visual-tour/

Also my photobucket links went to shit on the site so here's the photos that were supposed to be in my write up:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/eversharp2k2/library/Turnbull%20Canyon%20Road?sort=3&page=1
>>
>>18378337
Looks eerie as fuck, what sort of vibe do you get there?
>>
>>18378344
In most of the abandoned properties and 360 hill there was never anything much, besides the rush of adrenaline whenever I hear the pop of the wood frame shifting or the feeling like the cops are around. But beyond hell's gate there's a considerable drop in temperature even in the noon sun. It felt like the immediate environment around that big fireplace is a portal that manipulates senses so that one could be visited by the dead who are stuck in that location. Also at the ghost driveways I always felt a huge rush of despair like I was suffering a great loss in real-time.
>>
>live in small town (<1000 people)
>have a grain mill in the middle of town
The story is that back in the 80's, they found a dead kid in the grain vat (that thing that birds will fly into to get food, but will then get sucked into the grain).
Apparently, they couldn't hear the kid's screams over all the equipment.
Anyway, the legend is that you can hear someone pounding against the inside of that vat at night.
>>
Irish here
there's a story where I live about a lake monster thing that ate a woman and then her husband killed it after a long chase. i could go into more detail if anyone wants
>>
>>18378436
Yeh I'm interested
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.