[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a theory. You know how in time travel back in time, if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: timelines.jpg (31KB, 847x456px) Image search: [Google]
timelines.jpg
31KB, 847x456px
I have a theory.

You know how in time travel back in time, if you dramatically change the timeline you can time travel forward and things have changed?

most movie have the solution as going back and stopping yourself from creating the timeline to get home.

My theory states that the moment you changed the moment you have been switched into the new timeline that has been created and why when you time travel forward you end up in the alternate dimension.

Instead just time travel to before i made the timeline I am still in my timeline then. which means if you time travel back to before the moment then time travel back to your regular time you will instead go to the correct timeline. because that's where your time machine is when you time travel.

What do you think /x/? Anyone willing to try it out?
>>
If you really would like an answer, elaborate more.
>>
>>18377127

Even if you time travel to a point before which you time traveled before, you're still on a timeline in which after you arrived, you arrived again and did whatever you did.
>>
>>18377140
So if you altered the spacial timeline through back in time travel you create an alternate timeline, your original timeline still exists. you just aren't in it anymore since you changed things.

if you timetravel back before you altered the timeline you are now back in your original timeline. Which means if you just time travel back from that point you are now back in the timeline you came from.
>>
>>18377154
I dunno, maybe that timeline is still created and exists and repercussions on if this is true is that time travel exists and there are currently billions of timelines and we just don't notice.
>>
>>18377174

Of course, but the timeline you travel on is based on the current series of events you are on. That's why, when you travel back to the future, you end up on a different timeline. The series of events have changed.

So, the same applies when traveling back in time as well. When you go from the current future to the current past, you do it all on the current series of events. That means, as you travel back in time, there is a point at which you pass the point where you arrived before. And, because you haven't actually changed that series of events, that means you're still on that series of events. So, that's still the same future you'll go back to. All you've done is paced back and forth on the fourth dimension.

Of course, this is where the logic of most time travel fictions break down. Not because of any paradox, but because of the inconsistency in logic. If you traveled back in time and changed something, then that happened even before you traveled back in time in the first place. So, nothing in the future would change because it already happened. Even by the logic presented in Back to the Future, if you're traveling on a single series of events, then you can't possibly change anything. The point at which you travel back and change things was already on that series of events. If it wasn't on that series of events, then it's not an event that happened. Thus, you couldn't have traveled back to it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.