[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supernatural powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

I'm deeply skeptical, but I come from a highly spiritualist family.
I assume, despite my skepticism that concepts from various spiritual texts must be grounded in at least some fact to have become something that exists.
My question is, is it possible to obtain some actual supernatural power. I don't mind what but I'm looking for evidence that people can gain measurable ability from paranormal origins...
>>
In the Buddhist thread someone mentioned gaining supernatural powers from practicing intense meditation. I might have healing powers from heavy prayer and worship, god came to me in a dream when I began to believe more and then I started applying myself to faith healing. I'm still not too confident, but at least one person has said I helped them and so I am hopeful.
>>
>>18375378
My parents do reiki and we used to practice buddhism, they've told me a lot of stories of people making miraculous recoveries... I do however question it, that said its hard to argue with some cases of healing
>>
>>18375356
I think in the past people liked to overreact and put aesthetics over truthfulness, like saying someone could control fire when he walked over some embers.
>>
>>18375395
So do you think Jesus' death was actually faked and he wasn't resurrected per se?
>>
>>18375395
I totally agree, but some spiritual and religious things are so insane that argument becomes difficult...

also people could walk on embers, its grounded in fact, it just wasnt properly understood
>>
>>18375398
I never give my opinion over Jesus because i don't even know if he existed. The Bible has been heavily altered over time.
>>
>>18375418
Buddha did...
>>
>>18375431
Buddha is a title.
>>
>>18375356
Aspire to intellectual genius, instead!
>>
>>18375450
I'm already trying, studying physics and computer science...
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1sY8zB87E
>>
>>18375435
He prolly meant Sidharta Gautama buddha.
>>18375418
Jesus existed. There's a saint Issa in buddhism that is eeerily similar to our Jesus amd fits the timeframe. But that would mean that Jesus went to India to study Buddhism, and when he came back, he (re)joined the Zealots.
>>
>>18375465
If we assume Jesus went to India and studied Buddhism that would compromise the whole theist pillars of christianism. Did Jesus refer to that entity as "God"?
>>
>>18375477
Do we assume Krishna existed then, too? We might as well assume that allah impregnated a virgin through an angel!
>>
>>18375493
That's dumb, i said that if Jesus went to India and soaked himself in Buddhism it would be weird for him to start his own new monotheist dogma.

So, did Jesus at some point name "God" that entity?
>>
>>18375454
You must major in mathematics with a minor in either subject. That is the only substantial way to convince other people that you have superpowers, even skeptics.
>>
>>18375521
Doing a double degree in physics and computer science, studied maths at A level, but pure mathematics is hard...
>>
>>18375378
>>18375384

Less "powers" more mind-boggling endurance. You won't fly or shoot fire out of your cock but you will be able to get more bang for your buck out of your corporeal form.
>>
>>18375528
>but pure mathematics is hard...

In that case, you should just take up meditation and become aware of body language.
>>
>>18375559
fair enough
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.