[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHO - World Honered One - Shakyamuni Buddha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 26

File: BhutanZopaRinpoche.png (1MB, 856x888px) Image search: [Google]
BhutanZopaRinpoche.png
1MB, 856x888px
If one collected all the precious metals, precious jewels, and other various precious objects in the universe and gave it another as a gift without expecting any merit in return; that ones merit would be infinite.

If one would bow for Buddha a billion times every day in the past, present, and in the future; that ones merit would be a billion times more then that of the previous one.

However if one where to hold even a single thought on the supreme highest incomparable unexcelled complete perfect Enlightenment, the merit of the one would be an infinite times more then that of the previous ones.

Because one does not hold any thoughts, ones thoughts are called unexcelled complete Enlightenment.
One who holds thoughts on unexcelled complete Enlightenment is said to be not holding thoughts on unexcelled complete Enlightenment. Thus one does not gain any merit, since for merit to be gained there must be one who holds thoughts on unexcelled complete Enlightenment.

Many thus come ones have for countless aeons in the three directions of time; past, present, future relied on the non-holding of thoughts on unexcelled complete Enlightenment, neither holding of thoughts on unexcelled complete Enlightenment, nor no holding of thoughts on unexcelled complete Enlightenment.
>>
File: vajrayogini2006A.jpg (2MB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
vajrayogini2006A.jpg
2MB, 1094x1500px
>>18371461
>>18371461
Having aquired much knowledge is like constantly carrying heavy stones that slow you down.
Discard all knowledge that you have accumulated in life and travel lightly without biases.

Using logic is like trying to eat soup with a fork; completely useless.
Stop using logic, start to embrace contradictions and paradoxes

The wise have love for everyone unconditionally,
for without logic its impossible to see a difference between ally or enemy.

The wise can't be foolish,
for without knowledge any concept of 'foolishness' is non-existant.

If the wise where to say "I am wise" this would be foolish, since the wise do not have knowledge nor depend on logic to conjure up illusionary thoughts like an individual that is able to be wise.

The wise have attained all goals,
for without knowledge of goals there exist no goals to attain.

The wise have no worries at all,
for without goals, there exists nothing to worry about.

For countless times the wise dwell in emptiness to be free from confusion and ignorance.

Notice the four marks:

- Self:
Clinging to the belief of a permanent, unchanging self.

- Others:
Clinging to the belief of others as separate from ones' self.

- Sentient Beings:
Clinging to the permanent and separate existence of all species and appearances.

- Life:
Clinging to the belief in a permanent entity that migrates from one rebirth to the next.

Notice the six words of advice:

Don't recall; Let go of what has passed
Don't imagine; Let go of what may come
Don't think; Let go of what is happening now
Don't examine; Don't try to figure anything out
Don't control; Don't try to make anything happen
Rest; Relax, right now, and rest.

Accustomed long to keeping my mind in the uncreated state of freedom,
I have forgotten all conventions and artificialities.
Accustomed long to applying each new experience to my own spiritual growth,
I have forgotten all creeds and dogmas.
>>
>>18371461
Mahayana Buddhism is a bizarre regression into closet theism.

Go Pali Canon or don't bother.
>>
Word.
>>
>>18371461
>>18371567
I have had a fascination with Vajrayana Buddhism for quite some time already. Even though I understand it has lots of stuff which weren't even remotely present in original Gautama's teachings, but it still somehow draws me in on an intuitive level.
>>
File: double_vajra.jpg (177KB, 853x764px) Image search: [Google]
double_vajra.jpg
177KB, 853x764px
>>18371575
The ascetic contemplating alone on Bodhi on the mountain top
The monks contemplating together on Bodhi inside the temple

Both of them in union with Bodhi, resisting temptations of Mara
But the ones passing judgments on the paths do not

Like the amount of stars in the sky
Countless are the ways to Anuttara-samyaksambodhi

Destination same for all: Buddha
There exists nothing beyond Buddha
No 'Pali' Buddha
No 'Vajra' Buddha
No 'Maha' Buddha
No 'chinese' Buddha
Buddha itself is free from all attachments, labels, and illusions created by the mind.

Many Buddhisattvas have come and gone
Some interacting with the world and some letting it go

Of every possible color their robes have been sown
But they where only praised on the love and virtues they had shown

Judge not a pickaxe by how it pleases the eyes,
but by its ability to break stone

Infinite births and deaths have passed
All arrived at the same realization
Infinite love all they had

Infinite births and death will come to pass
All will arrive at the same realization
Infinite love one must have
>>
I've heard tales of Mara masquerading as Buddha.
>>
>>18371648
I've heard tales of Buddha nature masquerading as Mara.
>>
wow, chinks really butchered the teachings of the Buddha.
>>
>>18371461
>However if one where to hold even a single thought on the supreme highest incomparable unexcelled complete perfect Enlightenment, the merit of the one would be an infinite times more then that of the previous ones.
Ok, just had one. My merits are infinite. Can I rest assured that I will achieve nirvana now?
>>
>>18371636
When The Supreme Lord noticed that even with diligent practice in the ways of infinite love it was impossible for his disciples to make every being in the universe perfectly happy, Avalokiteshvara called forth Yama the most strongest gaurdian of Hell to serve The Buddhas and help others overcome their suffering and get rid of their worries in life:
>>
File: MahakalaTheGreatBlackOne.jpg (192KB, 695x936px) Image search: [Google]
MahakalaTheGreatBlackOne.jpg
192KB, 695x936px
>>18371674
The wrathful being is adorned with skulls that transforms the evil demons of anger, desire, ignorance, jealousy, and pride into wisdom.
The head of the wrathful being stands for infinite unconditional love for all beings.
The upper left arm of the wrathful being stands for generosity.
The upper right arm of the wrathful being stands for patience.
The lower left arm of the wrathful being stands for morality.
The lower right arm of the wrathful being stands for diligence.
The left hand of the wrathful being stands for concentration.
The right hand of the wrathful being stands for wisdom.
The fingers of the wrathful being stands for the pacification of enemies into nice friends.
The left leg of the wrathful being stands for the benefit of love for oneself.
The right leg of the wrathful being stands for the benefit of love for others.
The left eye of the wrathful being stands for the female properties of insight and awareness.
THe right eye of the wrathful beings stands for the male properties of motivation and dedication.
The wrathful being wears a rosary because the wrathful being never stops to help others.
The wrathful being holds a sword that slays all desires and obstacles.
The wrathful being has a dagger that cuts trough ignorance and delusions,
The wrathful being drinks the blood of demons out of their skulls, to show his ultimate power over evil.
The wrathful being eminates a fire as fiery and intense as the sun that illuminates the darkness of ignorance and transforms all beings into Buddhisattvas wherever it radiates.
The wrathful being's robe is pure and undefiled by evil.
The wrathful being's body is transcendent and represents ultimate reality. It dissolves any defilements of corrupted beings or objects that it touches.
All others signs indicate The Wrathful Being is a fully enlightened being.
>>
>>18371677
Because of the sacredness of the following text one may only read the text by making the following vows (Say out loud to oneself):

For 24 hours I shall:
not kill any sentient being
not steal
not tell lies
not speak harmful words
avoid sexual misconduct
meditate on whatever provokes resentment
reduce selfish attachment
not be swayed by external circumstances
maintain only a joyful mind
have compassion and loving-kindness for all living beings and protect them by giving and helping

For 7 days:
not use make-up, jewelry, perfume, garlands or any other materials to beautify myself
be grateful to everyone (Even to people you do not like)
not use the sacred text for material, mental or spiritual gains
practice patience whenever possible
not take pleasure contemplating others defects or weaknesses
not hold grudges or humiliate others
not compete with others or be jelous
For forever:
not expect applause
help liberate sentient beings from suffering

If one proceeds to read the sacred text without making the vows one will plant the seeds for evil karma and will sureley reap the rewards of evil karma by being reborn in Hell or either one of the lower samsaric realms
>>
File: vajrayoginihdlss2008A.jpg (2MB, 1071x1500px) Image search: [Google]
vajrayoginihdlss2008A.jpg
2MB, 1071x1500px
>>18371711
DEDICATION TO MAHAKALA

O Mahakala, embodiment of the compassion Of the Buddhas of the ten directions (1) Who, in order to bring into training The beings of this degenerate age who are Most difficult to train, Manifest a dance of wrathful emanations With skillful means that pacify trainees: Mahalcala, who is one in nature with all Buddhas!
O Mahakala, who, freed from the chains Of the obscurations to freedom and omniscience, Dwells in the total purity of knowledge Inexpressible and vast as the sky, A fountainhead of wisdom of the 84,000 doctrines: Mahakala, who is one in nature with all Dharmas!
O Mahakala, father of the Buddhas Of countless world systems, Son who sits chief amongst The bodhisattva heroes of the ten stages, An elder amongst the exalted assembly Of Sravaka Arhants and Pratyekabuddhas: Mahakala, who is one in nature with all Sanghas!
O Mahakala, who, in order to subdue The forces of evil, emanates dancing forms Of wrathful deities that release a rain Of attainments both mystical and supreme, A veritable shower of the two siddhis: Mahakala, who is one in nature with all gurus, Present and lineage!
O Mahakala, at one nature with the holy gurus, Roots of all spiritual progress, And one with the inexpressible Dharmadhatu knowledge, With skillful means you emanate wrathful methods To annihilate the forces of negativity: Mahakala, who is one in nature with one's own Spiritual master and protector!
Chief protector of the teachings of the Enlightened Ones,
O Mahakala, source of boundless strength Able to turn back the army of evil forces!
O Mahakala, the Instant Achiever, embodiment of Avalokiteshvara, the mighty Bodhisattva of Compassion, A mere thought of whom eliminates in this life Every condition opposing spiritual progress, In the Bardho gives freedom from all fear And thereafter guides one to the Pure Land of Vajra Yogini: Mahakala, embodiment of every source of Spiritual refuge!
>>
File: GuhyasamajaTantra.png (1MB, 620x810px) Image search: [Google]
GuhyasamajaTantra.png
1MB, 620x810px
>>18371714
Unborn, yet continuing without interruption
neither coming nor going, omnipresent
Supreme Dharma
unchangeable space, without definition
spontaneously self-liberating-
perfectly unobstructed state-
manifest from the very beginning
self-created, without location
with nothing negative to reject
and nothing positive to accept
infinite expanse, penetrating everywhere
immense, and without limits, without ties
with nothing even to dissolve
or to be liberated from
manifest beyond space and time
existing from the beginning
immense inner space,
radiant through clarity
like the Sun and the Moon,
self-perfected
indestructible like a Vajra
stable as a mountain
pure as a lotus
strong as a lion
incomparable pleasure beyond all limits
illumination, equanimity
peak of the Dharma
light of the [U]niverse
perfect from the beginning

The ultimate view depends entirely upon one’s own mind. If one searches for a view anywhere else but within one’s own mind, one will not find it. One needs to learn to see the own mind directly, void by nature while lucid and clear. This takes place in every instant and has always been present. Seeking the ultimate view outside the own mind is like a big blind person digging for gold.
Maintain the state of undistractedness, and distractions will fly away. Dwell alone, and you shall find the Friend. Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest. Hasten slowly, and you shall soon arrive. Renounce all worldly goals, and you shall reach the highest Goal. If you follow this unfrequented path, you will find the shortest way.
As regards the method of acquiring practical spiritual knowledge, if you find a certain practice increases your evil passions and tends you toward selfishness, abandon it, though it may appear to others virtuous. And if any course of action tends to counteract your evil passions, and to benefit sentient beings, know that to be the true and holy path, and continue it, even though it should appear to others to be sinful.
>>
File: WP_20161117_13_45_49_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161117_13_45_49_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>18371461
Hi Op. Ok this probably isn't what you were expecting when you started this thread, but I have a request; can you tell from pic related which Wrathful Deity it is? If you respond then I have some more pictures I can UL if you need them. Thanks!
>>
>>18371769
Alright, sorry not sure why it posted sideways, it isn't like that on my laptop.
>>
File: chakrasamvara-mandala.jpg (2MB, 1277x1700px) Image search: [Google]
chakrasamvara-mandala.jpg
2MB, 1277x1700px
>>18371769

12-armed Chakrasamvara with consort Vajravarahi (sometimes Vajrayogini) surrounded by dakinis

OM VAJRA HERUKA
SAMAYA MANU PALAYA
HERUKA TVENO PATISHTA,
DRIDHO ME BHAVA
SUTOSHYO ME BHAVA,
SUPOSHYO ME BHAVA
ANURAKTO ME BHAVA
SARVA SIDDHI ME PRAYACCHA
SARVA KARMA SUCHA ME
CHITTAM SHRIYAM KURU HUM
HA HA HA HA HO BHAGAVAN
VAJRA HERUKA MA ME MUNCHA
HERUKA BHAVA
MAHA SAMAYA SATTVA
AH HUM PHAT
OM YOGA SHUDDHAH SARVA DHARMAH YOGA SHUDDHA ‘HAM
OM AH HUM VAJRA MUH

PU JA O A, GAU RA DE MA,
KA O TRI KO, KA LA KA HI,
PRO GRI SAU SU, NA SE MA KU,
OM SUMBHANI SUMBHA HUM HUM PHAT
OM GRIHNA GRIHNA HUM HUM PHAT
OM GRIHNAPAYA GRIHNAPAYA HUM HUM PHAT
OM ANAYA HO BHAGAVAN VAJRA HUM HUM PHAT
OM VAJRA VAIROCHANIYE HUM HUM PHAT SVAHA
>>
File: 19780.jpg (233KB, 1024x783px) Image search: [Google]
19780.jpg
233KB, 1024x783px
>>18371804
Thanks! Ok, I don't know if this will interest you or not, but I'll tell you why I asked. Well, for a while now I have been super intrigued about Mount Kailash. Now, as you will obviously know then Mount Kailash is sacred to 4 religions. and to me it is obvious why it is sacred to the Hindu's, the Jains and the Bon. However when it came to trying to understand why it is holy to Buddhists then I didn't really get it. Right well I know it's a bit pleb to consult wikipedia on stuff like this but their entry reads:

"Tantric Buddhists believe that Mount Kailash is the home of the Buddha Demchok (also known as Demchog or Chakrasamvara) who represents supreme bliss."

Right, well there isn't much on the net about Buddha Demchok and when you search him then you are usually directed to Chakasamvara. But there isn't that much about Chakasamvara either and what there is is pretty convoluted.

However, after a while of researching about Chakasamvara then I realised something; now I live with someone who collects Thanka's and there are 2 hanging in the house. Eventually after looking at some pictures online then it seemed to me that the one hanging in the front-room might actually be Chakasamvara, and now you are saying it is. Which is a pretty cool synchronicity as far as I am concerned. So, thanks again!
>>
File: WP_20161117_13_48_08_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161117_13_48_08_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>18371837
>>
>>18371839
Grr, again, not sure why its posting sideways; but there anyhow is Holy Chakasamvara hanging in our front-room, next to some snooker.
>>
File: WP_20161117_13_49_38_Rich.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161117_13_49_38_Rich.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>18371841
This is the other Thankga we've got hanging:
>>
File: WP_20161117_13_49_56_Rich.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161117_13_49_56_Rich.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>18371867
And I think it might also be Chakasamvara in the top right corner of this one as well, the pics are a bit blurry though.
>>
File: WP_20161117_13_50_03_Rich.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161117_13_50_03_Rich.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>18371872
>>
Chakasamvara = Lord Shiva.
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 803x931px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 803x931px
>If one collected all the precious metals, precious jewels, and other various precious objects in the universe and gave it another as a gift without expecting any merit in return; that ones merit would be infinite

Gautama ran an Ambrosia shop. Sokushinbutsu involves consuming pine tar. Pine trees are composed of lignin and cellulose, and if you mix lignin with iron and burn it under pressure you get graphene. Graphene is a single layer of multi-layered graphite, used in brush motors to create free electrons. Graphite is the highest grade of coal, which is the result of biological activity billions of years ago. Diamonds are also the result of this heat and pressure.

In Sanskrt, Vajra means 'lightning,' 'diamond.'

>>18371567

>Having aquired much knowledge is like constantly carrying heavy stones that slow you down

Graphene aerogel is lighter than air, and can provide propulsion via ejected electrons. Knowledge is written in the rocks - we can rediscover the same physical truths in every incarnation. We don't have to cling to knowledge, because it emerges naturally.

>The wise have love for everyone unconditionally

Linji said to kill every Buddha and forefather you meet, because the act grants non-existance to the seeker. If we don't value anything, we can't value non-existance. We drift back to life again and again.

The delusion of the self is created to serve the body. You are your body's slave. To emancipate yourself means death to the body. The self should pursue the interests of the body, not enlightenment. The self should take interest in Earth and Life, not Heaven and Death.

The Asura and Deva are like us, but they live in Heaven and are beyond Death. Their bodies are composed of Vajra (Graphene,) and they take interest in their lifes. We should be like them - non-clinging towards moksha, involved in our Dharmic duties. By displaying dispassion for moksha, we assume the correct posture for a being.
>>
File: VajrayoginiMandala.jpg (446KB, 1057x1058px) Image search: [Google]
VajrayoginiMandala.jpg
446KB, 1057x1058px
>>18371867
Its 16-armed Hrdaya Hevajra with consort Sri Hevajra
Buddha Demchok is the same as Chakrasamvara.
>>18371913
So it is indeed, indeed.
Do not be attached to names or labels.

The actual Chakasamvara Tantras are secret. (Never written down, but only spoken)
However the prelemineries are written down wich are shortly:

Offerings to the Buddhas, gurus, and dharamsalas(protectors)
Taking refuge in the Buddha, Dharma, Sangha
Taking refuge in the father, mother, and child
Taking refuge in the outer, inner, and secret tantras
Making requests to the Buddhas and Buddhisattvas for purification of body, speech, mind
Making the outer and inner offerings
Resolving a firm and right intent and reaffirming the Bodhicitta motivation
Taking the Buddhisattva vows
Realization on impermanence of life
Visualization of the Bardo
Realization of mirror-like awareness
Visualization of the mandala (abode of the deities)
Visualization of the outer mother yidam
Visualization of the outer father yidam
Visualization of the inner mother yidam
Visualization of the inner father yidam
Visualization of the root mantras
Visualization and realization of the child (non-duality)
Descending of the 5 elements from the crown to the root
Dissolution of the 5 elements using the 5 mudras
Dissolution into Voidness
Dedication prayers
>>
>>18371967
Thanks anon, interesting and appreciated.

Ok, and I might as well tell you about another synchronicity connected with this. So, I know a Nepalese Thankga artist and so took some pictures, the ones I have posted here, to see if he could tell me who the Deity was. I put the pictures on my laptop and because I like to work at the library (I have a writing project going on at the moment) then I went there and sat down to write a message to my Nepalese buddy.

So I was sat down and next to me was a guy looking at the internet on one of the library computers. Then, I was pretty astonished when I saw that one of the pages he was looking at was the wikipedia article on Yab-Yum! I obviously spoke to him and he told me that recently he had become interested in Vajrayana Buddhism. Also that the night before he had been reading a book on the subject and one of the pictures in that book was of Chakasamvara which was why he was looking at the article on Yab-Yum. I hear you on non-attachment but to be honest I found the coincidence pretty mind-blowing.

Anyway, thanks again for your information and I'll be saving this thread and reading the posts of yours above in more detail when my mind is in less of a `Sunday neutral mode. `

Lastly aside from what you have written here do you have any recommendations for books/websites where I can learn more about Vajrayana Buddhism?
>>
>>18371967
Actually one more thing can I trouble you again to ask if you can tell from these pictures which this Deity is?

>>18371872
>>18371875

Because as far as I can tell then it looks pretty similar to Chakasamvara again.
>>
File: milarepa.jpg (183KB, 1728x1824px) Image search: [Google]
milarepa.jpg
183KB, 1728x1824px
>>18371995
>but to be honest I found the coincidence pretty mind-blowing.
There is no coincidence. These are just past karmas(causes and effects) coming together.
Those who come to vajrayana where already highly enlightened beings or Buddhisattvsas in the past with good karmas.
Everything is inter-dependent.

>>18371997
These are probably also the Chakasamvaras. In some languages and even different lineages they are sometimes called different.

>do you have any recommendations
From the viewpoint of Vajrayana(secret teachings) the teachings of Mahayana(greater teachings) and Theravada(lower teachings) are also included in Vajrayana.
So reading the Therevada and Mahayana sutras are prerequisite before understanding Vajrayana, altough because beings interested in Vajrayana are already highly enlightened they will quickly understand Mahayana and Theravada as compared to other beings who are just beggning to understand the Theravada path. Any way both beings still have the exact same potential for complete Enlightenment.

Recommended Therevada scriptures is The Pali Canon especially the Dhammapadda
Recommended Mahayana sutras is Avatamsaka, Lotus, Amitabha, Heart, Diamond, Hundred Parables, Medicine Master, Cause and Effect, Vajra Prajna Paramita. Note that there exists thousends of Mahayana sutras because in Mahayana if a meditator receives words by the Buddha in his mindstream this is considered an official teaching.
You can also learn of the Mayana masters by reading about their lifes, reading their commentaries on the Sutras, and putting their advice in practice.
For example Baizhang Huaihai, Bankei Yōtaku, Hōnen, Shinran
>>
>>18372101

In Vajrayana the teachings are said to be infinite in number because the being sees all phenomena as Bodhi and thus sees all others as Buddhas that are to be teachers.
For example even if somebody where cut of your head you will see them as Buddha and show gratitude for the teaching of impermanence and non-self

To learn the actual Chakasamvara Tantra you will need to find yourself a Guru/Vajra Master.
You can also learn from the great Vajra masters by reading about their lifes, reading their commentaries on the Tantras, and putting their advice in practice. One of the great masters are:
Tilopa, Atisha, Nagarjuna, Dharmakirti, Padmasambhava, Naropa, Marpa, Jetsun Milarepa, Je Tsongkhapa, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Jigdral Yeshe Dorje, Dilgo Khyentse, Trulshik Rinpoche, Khandro Rinpoche, and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

That being said. In the end all thoughts have mind as their forerunner, using anything other as your own Buddha mind is useless in the path to Enlightenment.
>>
>>18372101

>Everything is inter-dependent.

I like to think of it as choices echoing other choices.
>>
>>18371922

I would say the "self" of the earth-bound should be focused on positive manifestations of growth/creation. Both for them, and what lies around them.

Always forward, but you find prescience in the moment itself. Appreciation of the past and present will decidedly lead to an appreciated future.
>>
Love and light's blessings, always.
>>
File: Thanks!.jpg (116KB, 1233x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks!.jpg
116KB, 1233x1300px
>>18372101
>>18372103
Brilliant, thanks again anon. So, I don't want to derail your thread with personal stuff as it relates to me but part of what you said perhaps throws some light on what has been happening to me since 2013 when I went to the Kumbh Mela; and after having lived in Varanasi for 6 months. I did start to write some of it out but it is tricky to say succinctly.

I will say though that in Varanasi I met someone who subsequently introduced me to a Digamber Muni Jain Saint. I saw him 6 times, 5 in Ayodhya, meeting in a Jain temple dedicated to Lord Rishabhanatha; which is another Mount Kailash connection as he is said to have attained Moksha there.

Anyway, interesting thread and for sure I will look into some of your recommendations. Peace brother (or sister!).
>>
File: image.jpg (249KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249KB, 600x789px
>>18372120

>I would say the "self" of the earth-bound should be focused on positive manifestations of growth/creation

Life on this Earth is a restless shuffle from one dusty cell to another. A black prison of burning iron. I stand so that only my feet touch the floor of the oven, and wipe the sweat from my eyes as my lungs are filled with boiling steam.

We have to get OUT! What can cut steel? That is our salvation. Yet, where can we go when we cut the bars but a bottomless pit of darkness? My hands are burnt, and there is no branch which isn't glowing charcoal for my grasp.

The tree will turn to ashes, which will crumble and set us falling forever. And we are the iron prison, and the steam and the burning tree - with it we fall as ash, the dust from which the next Adam/Manu will be created.

Yet, the Diamond endures. It doesn't turn to ash, even in the hottest fire. Brahma/YHWH, the god of creation and life, can't rework it. And how do you make a Diamond? You burn flesh deep inside the Earth.

>Always forward, but you find prescience in the moment itself. Appreciation of the past and present will decidedly lead to an appreciated future

Even the Diamond is impermanent and can be burnt - it is in fact the best fuel. The best and most delightful beings will be burnt in the stoves of Naraka/Hell. Prey to become incense, as you drift up into the nose of Brahma and out of him as the favorite child.
>>
>>18371867
Wait, isn't that Yamantaka?
>>
File: chak.jpg (58KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
chak.jpg
58KB, 640x464px
>>18374854
Depends on what Tantra you are reading.
Practically the yidams are classed in 2-armed, 4-armed, 12-armed, and 16-armed.
They are all the same deity, just manifested in different forms depending on how far the meditator has developed their mind on the path.

The yidams themselves are manifestations of the corresponding Buddhas and the Buddhas are again manifestations of Vairocana, Buddha nature, clear-light, or HUM (many names to describe the same thing). The eternal, unmovable, ungraspable, nonconceptual void.

Because we humans are born into ilusionary appearences we do not know anything beyond appearences. Thus out of compassion the Buddhas appear to us as bodies with form for us to understand Buddha nature, but the actual bodies are illusionary.

Because mind is not seperate from body. The illusory body of the deity automatically brings with it the mind of a Buddha. (Bodhicitta).
But this only happens if we see the body as illusionary, non-conceptual and in the context of voidness and compassion.
If we think that the body is a real seperate solid identity then we fall back into Samsara.

You must leave your own ordinary body behind, because that one is subject to disease, old age, and death. Also your own body is connected to your own mind, wich is attachment. So by cutting of this attachment we gain the body of a Buddha(wich is not subject to suffering or paint, because it is non-conceptual) and the mind of a Buddha at the same time.

The Buddha body and mind are also unchanging. Our ordinary body is always changing (sitting, standing, walking, etc) so by focusing on the deity we always have a stable basis like a mountain.

Because the deity does not have solid existence it is easyer to understand voidness, as opposed to our ordinary body.

Mind in itself is just mental activity. And this mental activity comes from energies (chakras) in the body. So by reducing those energies in the body we automatically dissolve mind and come closer to HUM
>>
>>18375028
If one does the visualization of the deity without the right intention or motivation on compassion then you will be reborn in the lower samsaric realm as a ghost with the appearence of the deity.

If one has the motivation of ego to gain lots of power to be able then to 'save' the world then you will be reborn in the upper samsaric realm as a god (deva)

The proper motivation should be on Bodhicitta and voidness.

>>18372171
Note the following is only from a Vajrayana point of view. Dont know about the other systems.
Mount Kailash is the representation of the outer karmic energies. The outer energies govern the chakras (cycles) of the planetery bodies, stars and so on, and also the cyclical creation and destruction of the universe.

the inner karmic energies govern the cycles in our ordinary body like breathing, birth, death, eating, sex, etc.
The proportions of our ordinary body is the same as Mount Kailash and the mechanism for its behaviour is the same.

The geometrical proportians in the deity mandala are also the same as Mount Kailash and the ordinary body.
>>
So becoming void to remold yourself to then manifest on higher planes?
>>
>>18375028
Thank you, that was very helpful.
>So by reducing those energies in the body we automatically dissolve mind and come closer to HUM
Reducing? I thought kundalini-related practices were aimed at increasing and purifying those energies.
>>
File: vajrapani2008C.jpg (2MB, 1120x1500px) Image search: [Google]
vajrapani2008C.jpg
2MB, 1120x1500px
>>18375116
More or less.
What you must understand is that you or Buddha is not a seperate 'being'.
Buddha is rather an effect from a cause.
The subtle body is the effect from the cause of wisdom(understanding of voidness or emptiness, which is the realization of co-dependence) while subtle mind is the effect from the cause of compassion. (in some systems its reverse)
The subtle body and subtle mind are also co-dependent on each other.

This is also why we say that everyone has the exact same potential for enlightenment.
Anyone that creates the causes for enlightenment will reap its rewards (effects) wich is Buddhahood.
Also one of the reasons why Buddha is usually seen inside a lotus flower, because with practice one is planting the karmic seeds for the lotus to blossom.

>>18375125
I dont know much about kundalini, wich is the chakra system from Tantric Hinduism.
I only know about the chakra system of Tantric Buddhism. Neither is absolutely better then the other, but relatively one will be better suited then the other depending on the personality of the meditator.

Probably this 'reducing' or 'increasing' is only a matter of language.
Our conceptual mind wants to see everything in categories and boxes. I think if you would change the words 'voidness', 'void' into 'Brahman' you pretty much have Hinduism.
Language is a bad method to describe things, because the only function of language is to categorize things, but we have to use language since it is the only thing we know. You can intellectually understand things through language, but to fully understand in experience is by actual meditation or saddhana(practice).

In the end the goal of the cakra systems is the same: To arrive at the subtlest level of mind and reduce mental activity wich causes suffering and uncontrollable rebirth. (Freedom from Samsara)

By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
>>
>>18375256
Is it possible to successfully practice Vajrayana without a teacher and/or initiation to the tradition?

If yes, what form of practice can you recommend to a newbie?

I try to practice Vipassana regularly. Also took up Kuji-In meditation ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNwK3F9vTiI ) a few days ago.

The "all mental activity as meditation" concept is appealing, however I wasn't able to succeed in it as of yet.
>>
so, is buddhism the original illuminati sheeple brainwashing program?
DO NOTHING, THINK NOTHING, HAVE NO INTENTIONS OR DESIRES, DESIRE TO BECOME NOTHING, LIVE WELL.

think about metaphysics more, dummies.
>>
File: chenrezig2008F.jpg (2MB, 1084x1500px) Image search: [Google]
chenrezig2008F.jpg
2MB, 1084x1500px
>>18375436
>Is it possible to successfully practice Vajrayana without a teacher and/or initiation to the tradition?
Well.. Doing it without a guru still gives some benefits, but its better to find one that suits you.

The most important Tantrayana teachings have never been written down. They have been passed on orally from guru to student for at least the past 2000 years.
Secondly a guru's job is essentially to remove your ego delusions as quickly as possible by adapting to your personality. For example if you think a guru should be kind to you, he will make you suffer.
If you think a guru should make you suffer, he will be extra kind to you.

The Vajra deity that you should practice will also be chosen by your guru depending on your personality.
If you have a lot of wisdom your deity will be one that focuses more on compassion (mother tantras).
If you have a lot of compassion your deity will be one that focuses more on wisdom (father trantras).

It's also very important to have at least a basic understanding of the fundamental Buddhist teachings like the Dhammapadda, and Mahayana sutras before you can understand Vajrayana.
Because the latter further builds upon the former.

That said. The Buddhisattva Avalokiteshvara(Chenrezig) is the essential deity that basically anyone can practice.
Who is the manifestation of the compassion of all the Buddhas combined.

First start by getting either a Chenrezig picture or statue and setting up an altar. Then do 3 prostrations.
Begin with refuge(say out loud, repeat 3 times):

"Eternally I shall go for refuge
To Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha.
For the sake of all living beings, may I through the merit gained by generosity and so on, accomplish Buddhahood
From this moment until the heart of enlightenment is reached, I and all sentient beings as limitless as the sky"

>cont
>>
While reciting (out loud) the following text first be motivated by unconditional love, then visualize all sentient beings in existence around you.
At the same time while thinking "I am Avalokiteshvara" visualize infinite transparant white light rays coming out of your body (from the heart) that engulfs all beings an removes all their suffering.

KUSUM NGOWO LAMAR KYABSU CHI/
I go for refuge in the guru, the essence of the three kayas,
DrOWEI DONCHIR JANGCHUB SEMCHOG KYÉ/
And I generate the supreme thought of enlightenment
for the sake of all beings.
RANGNANG GYUMEI LUDI CHENRÉZIG/
This body of illusion, one’s own projection,
appears as Avalokiteshvara (Chenrezig),
KARSEL GYEN DANG TSHENPÉ YONGSU DZOG/
radiant white and perfectly adorned with jewels,
and the major and minor signs.
NANGLA RANGSHIN MADrUB YESHÉ KU/
The wisdom body though visible
is unfabricated in its nature.
YIDAM KUNDU NGOWOR LHAGGI SHAR/
and appears as the essential unity of all the yidam deities.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
JETSUN CHENRÉZIG SU RANGSEL WEI/
Oneself appears as the venerable Avalokiteshvara,
CHIWOR TSAWEI LAMA OD PAGMÉ/
and on the crown of one’s head sits the root guru in the form of Amitabha
GYÜPEI LAMA KUNDÜE YISHIN NOR/
like a wish-granting jewel who embodies all the gurus of the lineage.
THUGJE ZIT SHIG JINLAB WANGSHI TSOL/
Look on us with compassion!
Bless us and bestow the four empowerments.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
NANGWA THAMCHÉ RANGNANG LAYI KU/
All appearances are self-projected form of the deity.
DA DrAG THAMCHÉ DORJE NGAGKYI DrA/
All sounds are the sound of the vajra mantra.
DrENTOG THAMCHÉ RANGDrOL YESHÉ YING/
All thoughts and memories
are the sphere of self-liberated pristine awareness.
MACHÖE DÖEMEI RANGSHEL DON GYI LHA/
The real deity is one’s uncontrived original face.
OM MANI PADME HUNG

>cont
>>
>>18375610
NYINGJEI WANGCHUG CHENRÉZIG KYI WANG/
Might Lord Avalokiteshvara,
TAGPAR NYENCHING SOLWA TABPEI THÜE/
through the power of our constant prayer and mantra recitation,
DrODrUG DUG NGEL DIGDrIB JANGGYUR NÉ/
may the suffering, sins and obscurations
of the six realms of beings be purified;
DZOGPEI JANGCHUB NYURDU THOBPAR SHOG/
may we all swiftly attain Perfect Enlightenment.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
Dedication & Aspiration Prayers
DAGSOG SHEN GYI WANGDU GYURPA YI/
May all creatures such as myself
who are under the power of others,
LÜECHEN THADAG RANGWANG DANG DEN SHOG/
attain our independence.
PHAGPA CHENRÉZIG WANG THUGJE YI/
Through the compassion of the noble Avalokiteshvara,
SEMLA SHIWEI NGÉ DANG DEN GYUR CHIG/
may we obtain the fragrance of peace in the mind.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
CHIGLA CHIG TSHEI SAMJOR NGENPA DANG/
May we utterly uproot the evil karma
NGÖESU JORWEI LÉ NGEN DrUNG JIN SHOG/
of planning harm to one another and that of doing harm.
PHAGPA CHENRÉZIG WANG JI SHIN DU/
And through meaningful relations, may we bring only benefit to others
DrEL TSHÉ DONDEN SHENDON BA SHIG SHOG/
in the same way as the noble Avalokiteshvara.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
KHORWAR KHOR TSHE KYENÉ THAMCHÉ DU/
In all our rebirths while circling in samsara,
RIG THUN PHEN TSHEN DrOG ZANG JISHIN DU/
may we always enjoy a harmonious celebration
TENDU THUNPEI GATON LA CHÖECHING/
with regard to a suitable family and good mutual friendships.
TSHOMBU CHIGTU POTALA KYÉ SHOG/
May we be reborn within a cluster of flowers
in the pure realm of Potala.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
>>
>>18375616
NAMSHIG TSHE ZÉ CHIWEI DUNA YANG/
Also at the time of death when our life is at its end,
SAMPA JANGCHUB SEMKYI TSIZIN TÉ/
by holding on to the quintessence of Bodhicitta motivation,
SEMCHEN KUNLA TSEWEI MONLAM GYI/
may we pass away with the good connection
TSHAM JAR ZANGPO DANG CHÉ DA GYUR CHIG/
of our loving aspirations towards all sentient beings.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
KYÉSHING KYÉWA DANG NI THAMCHÉ DU/
In this life and all our future lives,
RIGZANG LOSAL NGA GYEL MÉPA DANG/
may we be born into good families, with clear intelligence, devoid of pride.
NYINGJE CHESHING LAMA LA GÜE SHING/
May we have great compassion and devotion to the guru,
TSHEN DEN LAMEI JINLAB JUGPAR SHOG/
and may the blessings of a qualified guru enter our hearts.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
SHENLA TSEWEI JAMPA TSHEMÉ KYI/
May I possess the Great Enlightenment of infinite love
RANG NYI JANGCHUB CHENPO DANG DEN SHOG/
which cherishes others.

DÜELÉ MIYOL GYATSHOI LABSHIN DU/
And may I accomplish the immeasurable welfare of others
DrO DON PAGMÉ DAG GI DrUBPAR SHOG/
like the waves of the ocean which are never delayed.
OM MANI PADME HUNG
JAMPÉ KYONGWEI DrINCHEN SEMCHEN KUN/
May the thoughts of love be born
JAMPEI THrINLÉ ZANGPÖE PHENDAG SHOG/
in the center of the heart
NYINGLA TSEWEI MA GYUR SEMCHEN GYI/
of mother-like sentient beings,
NYINGGI KYILDU JAMPEI SEMKYÉ SHOG/
whom I love from my heart.
OM MANI PADME HUNG

Namo Ratna Trayaya,
Namo Arya Jnana
Sagara, Vairochana,
Byuhara Jara Tathagataya,
Arahate, Samyaksam Buddhaya,
Namo Sarwa Tathagate Bhyay,
Arhata Bhyah,
Samyaksam Buddhe Bhyah,
Namo Arya Avalokite
shoraya Bodhisattvaya,
Maha Sattvaya,
Maha Karunikaya,
Tadyata, Om Dara Dara,
Diri Diri, Duru Duru
Itte We, Itte Chale Chale,
Purachale Purachale,
Kusume Kusuma Wa Re,
Ili Milli, Chiti Jvalam, Apanaye Shoha
>>
>>18375500
>I don't understand Buddhism, the post
How bout you read more before you post stupid shit that makes you look like a retard? Or don't. Buddhism's closed, kid. Move along. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>18375620
Further read the following text (does not have to be aloud) then contemplate and meditate on it throughout the whole day:

"My own body and those of all beings, all appearences, are Exalted Body, all the sounds are resounding the six-syllables OM MA NI PAD ME HUM, awareness, thoughts, are the expanse of supreme primal knowing

My body, the bodies of others and all appearences are the perfect form of the Sublime One, all sounds in the melody of the six-syllables, OM MA NI PAD ME HUM, all thoughts the vastness of the great jnana

Through the merit of recitation and meditation, may I immediatley cross the ten levels and send out emenations in the ten ditections for the benefit of others. May all sentient beings attain the two supreme bodies, wich arise from merit and wisdom.
Bodhicitta is precious; may it arise in those who have not cultivate it. May it ever grow and flourish.

May I liberate all beings from suffering in the three worlds after defeating evil faults.

>end
>>
>>18371677
Beutifull word, such understanding of philosophy... honestly, im impressed

... But have you eaten shit yet?
If you see the buddha, kill him.
>>
>>18375652
another on the rightous path, i see.
eating shit is true liberation.

>>18375627
i think you mean
>literally the point of buddhism the post.
whats your interpritation of it then, if you dont think its about nothingness and doing nothing and just accepting your place in the universe that doesnt exist.

literally read something the buddha said why dont you.
>>
>>18375604
Explanation on deity image:

The four hands represent:
loving kindness, compassion, joy, equality

From the body of emanates clear white light This indicates that Chenrezig, when benefiting sentient beings, does so mainly through gentle and peaceful means

The body itself is a form completely free of any defects whatsoever with perferct proportions.

The face is so beautiful that it eliminates all the pain of the one who looks at Chenrezig. Like how a mother smiles at her child.

The first two, the inner arms, have palms joined at the heart, holding a sky-blue, wish fulfilling jewel. The jewel fulfills every prayer of a being with right non-selfish motivation

In the outer right hand, Chenrezig is holding a mala to count mantras. This symbolizes that there is not one moment when Chenrezig does not benefit beings.

n the outer left hand, Chenrezig holds a lotus flower. This symbolizes that, in benefiting sentient beings, Chenrezig manifests in whatever forms are necessary in accordance with the mental capacities, circumstances, and personalities of sentient beings.

The 3 red jewels in the crown of Chenrezig represent Buddha, Dharma, Sangha. The crown itself represents Buddha Amitabha
>>
File: r19.jpg (379KB, 1578x2000px) Image search: [Google]
r19.jpg
379KB, 1578x2000px
16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
>>
>>18371769

what is this artwork called?
>>
>>18375627

I dunno mate, he got them wubbalubba dubdubs.

Also, it's just as reasonable a question to ask as an atheist asking if Christianity or any other type of religion was used for the same sheeplifying purpose.

To which, ultimately, we receive the same for answers, consistently:
>Yes
>No
>Maybe
>To each their own truth
>>
>>18375668
I've read over 10k pages from the Buddhist scriptures, and I can equivocally say "fuck off retard". Come back after you get past the babby-tier entry-level criticisms of something you don't even comprehend.
>>
>>18375718
Hi. Ok I am not sure if you mean who is the Deity represented in the artwork or what the style of the art itself is called? Anyhow apparently it's Chakasamvara with the style of artwork in this case being a Nepalese painted Thankga:
-
http://www.buddhanet.net/thangkas.htm
>>
File: banner5.jpg (66KB, 1540x550px) Image search: [Google]
banner5.jpg
66KB, 1540x550px
>>18375087
It is very interesting to me that Mount Kailash is sacred to four different religions, so much so in fact that it has never been climbed.

I am aware that this may be too general a question but how much similarity do you see between Jainism, the more ascetic side of Shaivism and Vajrayana Buddhism?
>>
>>18375833
man fuck you, i just meditate and shit.
and what, oh great master, what is the knowledge that i am missing?

but obviously, given all the different schools, the purpose of buddhism is "whatever i think it is"
>>
>>18375964
>man fuck you, i just meditate and shit.
Very buddhist of you
>>
>>18375964
Don''t just pray your sorrows away. The point is instead of denying the flaws, come to terms with them. Give them space to mend. Only then can you Let go and move on a stronger you. Dude you were replying to was an asshole to deny you of solid advice.
>>
>>18375994
>man fuck you, i just meditate and shit.
Hello, Mike Love.
>>
File: Milarepa_tea.jpg (165KB, 736x964px) Image search: [Google]
Milarepa_tea.jpg
165KB, 736x964px
>>18375937
As far as I am aware all 3 have the chakra system wich is just a tool to quickly gain liberation(freedom from Moksha or Samsara) and liberation is the goal of all 3 religions. Many paths(tools), one goal.

You could hammer in a nail with 3 different hammers, but once the nail is completely in; nobody will ask with what type of hammer the nail had been hammered with. The result is the same.

My knowledge of the other 2 religions is limited.
I think Shavaism uses Yoga and complex breathing techniques extensively together with long mantras and eleborate rituals.
There are also breathing techniques, rituals, and mantras in Vajrayana, but really the main focus is on the deity visualizations combined with deep meditation, it also barely uses any Yoga.
I really cant say much on Jainism, I barely know anything about it.
All 3 traditions have quite severe ascetism, in this aspect I dont think ascetism is unique to Tantra; even Coptic Christianity has harsh ascetism.

The Tantra system started in India, I think around the 7th century, but not sure. From there it got into different forms in Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and maybe even other religions. So really all traditions have the same roots. For example all 3 also have mandalas.

"Many appearences, one nature" (sometimes called "The playfulness of things")

When a saint dies the objects that, that saint was wearing like for example his clothes still contain karmic residues of that saint wich makes the object holy.
I guess it could be the same kind of effect for Mount Kailash

One nice thing about Tantra Is that if you for example the image of a deity like Yamantaka or Shiva, all the teachings are encoded in that image through symbolism.

Here you can see examples of where meditation as a tool is completely and utterly useless for people that have no compassion or wisdom

>>18375833
>"**** off retard".
>>18375964
>man **** you

>>18375712
This Christian understands the law of karma better then many Buddhists
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.