[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they really know anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: SeekingEntry4.jpg (55KB, 400x497px) Image search: [Google]
SeekingEntry4.jpg
55KB, 400x497px
Some claim they meet in celestial sactums in the imaginary world to do the great work. Some say they are just soccer moms drooling over crystals. What say you, /x/?

https://youtu.be/WOjPyNLvpA4
>>
File: 148022901266411112316.jpg (1020KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
148022901266411112316.jpg
1020KB, 2560x1440px
Some say they are always watching.
>>
>>18370671
Will you redpill me on Hermeticism?

Someone suggested I read about it.
>>
>>18371198
This please.
>>
>>18371198
The western Tao. As above, so below. Yin and yang. Fire, water, air and earth.
>>
>>18371222
>>>18371198 (You)
>The western Tao. As above, so below. Yin and yang. Fire, water, air and earth.
Is that it?
>>
>>18370671
work in an occult store, know the "The Secret Type" theyre soccer moms drooling over crystals.
They want to know what crystal can make them feel better about being 48 and past their prime. Mention the actual occult to them and they go glassy eyed and confused.

"The Secret" is just the law of attraction dressed up with very nice graphic design and some well worded paragraphs, real occultists and magicians have understood this concept for thousands of years.
>>
>>18371213
Read and more importantly do, Bardon's intro to hermetics
>>
>>18371237

What about lesser key of Solomon?
>>
File: Peter Forshaw.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Peter Forshaw.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Dr. P.J. Forshaw - assistant professor at the Center for History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents (GHF) of the University of Amsterdam

UvA student tour in The Ritman Library - Exhibition Alchemy on the Amstel

youtu.be/A1wGmqV1bQM

Students of Peter Forshaw's Alchemy Class were given a guided tour of the current exhibition Alchemy on the Amstel

Exeter Centre for the Study of Esotericism (EXESESO) Staff

Peter Forshaw, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (London)
Course Lecturer in Renaissance Kabbalah and Number Symbolism. My research interests include the typology of alchemical and magical practice, Paracelsian philosophy, and the interweaving of Hermetic, Neo-Platonic and kabbalistic strands in the works of influential figures like Ficino, Pico, Reuchlin, Agrippa and Dee. Currently working on Robert Boyle’s work-diaries, and teaching courses on ‘Renaissance Philosophies’ and ‘Magic, Science, and Religion’ at Birkbeck College , University of London . My forthcoming publications include: "Curious Knowledge and Wonder-working Wisdom in the Works of Heinrich Khunrath", in R. J. W. Evans & Alexander Marr (eds), Curiosity and Wonder in the Early Modern Period (2005); "Letter, Number and Symbol in Christian-Cabala", in Stephen Clucas & Peter J. Forshaw (eds), Silent Languages: Emblems, Notations and Symbols in the Early Modern Period (2005), a major monograph on the German doctor, theosopher and alchemist, Heinrich Khunrath (1560-1605) and a translation of his Amphitheatre of Eternal Wisdom, based on his PhD thesis ‘Ora et Labora: Alchemy, Magic and Cabala in Heinrich Khunrath’s Amphitheatrum Sapientiae Aeternae (1609) and I am also working on a translation of Johann Reuchlin’s kabbalistic De Verbo Mirifico - On the Wonder-Working Word (1494)
>>
File: cave_of_the_ancients.jpg (932KB, 1665x2188px) Image search: [Google]
cave_of_the_ancients.jpg
932KB, 1665x2188px
>>18371508

In Our Time - History of Alchemy

https://youtu.be/UgwyVqEGj1k

Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss the history of Alchemy, the ancient science of transformations. The most famous alchemical text is the Emerald Tablet, written around 500BC and attributed to the mythical Egyptian figure of Hermes Trismegistus. Among its twelve lines are the essential words - “as above, so below".

With Peter Forshaw, Lecturer
>>
There soccer mom's who have no idea what they are doing. They have no concept of the occult whatsoever. I have seen this to many times.
>>
>>18370671
These people are an embarrassment.
>>
>>18371364

What about greater key of Solomon?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.