[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

?_sigil_?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

hi guys,

i found this in a google image search with no information on the web page abt it. does anyone possibly know what this symbol means ?
>>
it seems to have what appears to be latin around the edge and a number of sigils above and below the hand
>>
File: Gremlin_FF7.png (46KB, 401x363px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlin_FF7.png
46KB, 401x363px
Hi OP, we are glad you've come here with your query. What you have OP is the highest quality gremlin-hand sigil. It means, simply, that you will be blessed with innumerable gremlins around your person and property for the rest of your, what is sure to be very short, life. Good luck OP. Gremlins are a lot of fun.
>>
>>18370609
looks like something you'd find in the liner notes of a heavy metal album.
>>
From what I was able to translate of the latin around the edges, it reads, "But if what he is doing to me, is my helper, and not man for ever in the umebo" There's a word that looks like umebo, which isn't latin. Anyone else got any ideas?
>>
it's a left hand so it's used for black magic, and by the symbols it's connected to jupiter
>>
>>18372063
I put umebo into Google translate and it detected Zulu, with the translation being "Nebo". I had no idea what that means so I looked up "nebo meaning" and this is what Google gave me; "(Placename) Mount Nebo a mountain in Jordan, northeast of the Dead Sea: the highest point of a ridge known as Pisgah, from which Moses viewed the Promised Land just before his death (Deuteronomy 34:1). Height: 802 m (2631 ft)"

Kind of seems weird that it would be all Latin and then a Zulu word for a mountain, but its a possibility? When I was first Google searching for it I thought maybe it could've been a demon name or something like that. But I don't know anything about that sort of thing so...
>>
Substituting Nebo for Umebo I found this, "But if what he is doing to me, is my helper, and not man for ever in Nebo" A little more digging found that Nebo was a Babylonian god of knowledge associated with the Roman god Mercury.
>>
It's not Umeto it's timeto, it means "to fear" I think
>>
>>18373106
goog is giving me
"sir mihi adjutor, non timeto quid faciat mihi homo in" =
"sir is my helper, I will not fear what man shall do to me, a man with an"
i cant figur out the last word there.
using timeto
>>
It's a logo for an old rheumatoid arthritis cream.
>>
I translated it to get, "do not fear what man shall do to me, but if a man is on my side for ever in the" It's incomplete, but more cohesive than before" OP, where'd you find the image?
>>
>>18373106

?Sit?(not sure) mihi adjuter & non timeto quid faciat mihi homo in aeternum

I'm not good in latin but I'd say something like
"(it) is my helper & causes no fear to me, forever"

Sit: is/it is
mihi: me/my
adjuter: helper
non timeto: no fear/do not be afraid
quid: someone/something/anyone/anything
homo: man
in aeternum: forever
>>
It is my helper, I will never be afraid what man can do unto me.

I know latin
>>
>>18373216
afraid of*
>>
File: the sigil.jpg (46KB, 449x470px) Image search: [Google]
the sigil.jpg
46KB, 449x470px
>>18370609
Here's a bigger version of it.
It seems that it's made on computer.
It's probably a sigil some left-hand path magician made.
Hard to guess why he made it. Possibly protection.
>>
>>18373184

i found it by simply doing a google image search for "occult" and specifically 150x150 pixels

i'm just rly drawn to it, and was wondering what the intention behind it could be.
>>
>>18373216
>>18373273

awesome. so it is a sigil of protection most likely
>>
it is also vectorized so whoever made it probably engraved this image onto other objects or made a stamp with it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.