[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys have any paranormal stories that aren't disturbing/depressing/horrifying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1474852030949.jpg (58KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
1474852030949.jpg
58KB, 525x503px
Do you guys have any paranormal stories that aren't disturbing/depressing/horrifying? I notice that this board is nothing but "the unknown is inherently evil and creepy" mentality. Would be nice to hear if you guys have any stories where the ghost wasn't trying to give you a heart attack to wear your body like a flesh puppet, that thing in the woods wasn't a skinwalker doing [whatever it is you think a skinwalker does], and that flickering light wasn't your dead soul from the future sending a morse code that says "behind you".
>>
>walking outside
>stub my fucking toe
>yell "FUCK" much louder then I should have.
>Voice behind me says be careful bro
>Sounded exactly like tim
>Tim was my brother that died of leukemia when I was 8.
>he was 16
>Get feels
>Say thanks Tim.
he still owes me a dollar.
>>
>>18367445
Not too crazy of a story, but when I was young I had a great aunt who passed away. At her funeral in Japan I went up to the shrine with my grandma and felt something patting my head when I closed my eyes. I thought it was odd and I didn't really think much about it, but my uncle came up to me afterwards and asked if I saw something white above me when I was up at the shrine. I never made the connection until a few years after it happened. When I ask my uncle about it he doesn't remember anymore.
>>
Similar. I had an aunt who I had the strong sense of her presence one night, found out later it was the time she died. Very lovely experience.
>>
>>18367460
That's so cute.
>>
File: gakisback.png (374KB, 835x431px) Image search: [Google]
gakisback.png
374KB, 835x431px
I'm not sure I buy into paranormal things at all, but my dad's convinced I had esp at one point in my life. All goes back to a story about how we were going on vacation as a family, and how from before we even began packing I was scream-crying about how our plane was broken (i was like 2 or 3 and have no memory of this event) and we shouldn't get on the plane because it would crash. I'm crying for like hours about this, as we drive up to the airport and go through security and check in at our gate, I'm screaming my head off that the plane is broken and we would crash if we took off in it or whatever.

We board the plane, and I'm apparently sobbing, and not fifteen minutes after the whole plane gets boarded the captain comes on over the intercom and says that we're all going to have to file out of the plane because they overlooked some vital repairs or some shit and could not take off.

Apparently, when we went to get back on the plane, I was quiet and content.

Imo this was just a crazy random happenstance. There were other things, though. Like how a few years back I predicted that my sister was going to attempt suicide, and drove out to the location where I expected her to be if she were to attempt suicide, and lo and behold she was in the back of a squad car which had picked her up after her suicide attempt. I explain that as intuition and dumb luck--received an "I love you" text from her, out of context, and thought it was suspicious. Checked one of her frequent stomping grounds because I was in the area.

It's fun to believe though.
>>
>>18367445
what do you expect? /x/ is full of edgelords who get all their paranormal ideas from horror movies and video games.
The vast majority of paranormal activity is innocuous, but none of that will get a reaction like conspiracy and fear.
>>
My mom had a grandfather that died before I was born, but he'd met my older sister when she was less than a year old. When my older sister was still little, like toddler little, she had this toy that was like a tape recorder. You could press different buttons to pause and play a super loud, babyish song, and she loved playing with it. My mom told me that, on multiple occasions, she'd wake up to the sound of that tape recorder toy playing that song. Every time, my sister would be totally asleep in the bed, and you had to really push down on this big chunky button for it to start playing
>>
>>18367445
One time on shrooms I literally found God. I felt very peaceful.

I sometimes get that vibe when I meditate, but not always.

Meditate more, feels good man.
>>
For a few weeks I'd feel a little pull or tug on my hand and I just sort of ignored it, it usually felt like a someone was lightly squeezing my wrist and nothing more so I sort of just ignored it. I was walking and almost got hit by a truck but was fully yanked out of the way (no one was there) and after that the feeling went away. Idk what happened there but if I hadn't been moved I would probably have been taken a direct hit from the truck
>>
File: 1460446742153-1.png (121KB, 1060x680px) Image search: [Google]
1460446742153-1.png
121KB, 1060x680px
>>18367445
>>
>>18367445
A lot of ghost stories are ghosts being oblivious, rather than deliberately giving scares. Walking through a wall where a door used to be, or doing a vanishing hitchhiker. Some stories involve them asking for help. Some involve them haunting a place, but then if you go there anyway it's your own damn fault you get spooked to death.

But anything involving the paranormal is going to be disturbing or depressing or horrifying. The paranormal is outside normalcy, it's abnormal. That freaks people out. Also, a lot of it is tragic or gruesome. Heck, your dinner last night was probably horrific if you look at it right (unless you're a vegan).

It's pretty simple, really. Ask yourself
>why would this entity interact with a person?
and then everything becomes clear.
A bear who doesn't want to eat you is going to avoid you. Now replace "bear" with gnome or tiki god or whatever and "eat" with haunt or troll or some other appropriate thing. If they see you coming, and they don't want to play, they'll make themselves scarce.
>>
>Northeast state u.s.a
>Be 12 and bookish
>Grandfather drags me out into the woods for bonding
> Spend most of it listening to him snore while sleeping.
> Suddenly need to piss like a race horse.
> Walk off into the woods to spare grandfather the sound of his grandaughter pissing
> finish, turn around to walk back
>Where the fuck am I?
>Wander for like 3 hours, gun in hand, shouting for grandpa.
>Spot something big up ahead, it moves away, and I chase it.
>It looks like a bear, but runs like a human.
> Stops every now and then because I am weakling, waits for me to follow.
> Leads me to main road and vanishes.
>Grandpa pulls up, looks me over and takes me for ice cream to shut me up about getting lost
>Never felt alone in the woods again.
>>
>>18367445 one day when a play with my sister an a feel something run outside my room and I try to do something but sometime hit my heath and I can remember all
>>
File: 1458163767999.gif (458KB, 108x160px) Image search: [Google]
1458163767999.gif
458KB, 108x160px
I honestly think the 1% of the 1% have some fun /x/ related stories. All the aliens stories you hear are about abductions and cattle mutilation are done to the 99%. I bet some of the rockefeller-like families have hanged out aliens and some of them might even be alien crossbreeds. Imagine this year's thanksgiving diner with great grandpa xiuanazlap from alpha centauri coming over to eat. To think aliens are only on earth for scientific research and domination of our planet is just laughable.
>>
I once served as medium of my deceased uncle to my mother and grandmother. There wasn't too much to it, just that my mother broke in tears of what my uncle had to said (just personal family things). My grandmother as the radical catholic she is just told me I was being lied by the devil. It was a nice experience
>>
I remember in one of my old houses when I was a kid I lived in it for 5 years there was a ghost of a teenage girl who would like to mess with us but cause no harm. Reason why we knew it was a girl is because our neighbors told us that family use to live there and their daughter had died.

anyways she would mess with me and my siblings by calling our names while we were separate rooms and we'd think it was our mom calling us even though it wasnt so all of the kids come out of their rooms and our parents would wonder why we came out, she would turn the faucets on while we took a shower and leave it running on warm water, and lastly every night I remember this clearly because it happened at least 3-4 times a week while we were sleeping she would take our blankets and put them underneath our beds neatly folded.
>>
Story I posted in another thread but nobody gave a fuck, 100% legit shit. Sorry Op, spooky stuff is rarely funny.

Yesterday I came across some random quite young hobo, he asked me for some money, I gave him what I had in wallet(not much, I keep my cash on plastic jew most of the time) and wished him best, he really looked like some kind of a junkie, he even said that he want money for food not for drugs what gave rather me obvious impression.

Then, at night when I put myself to sleep I had one of the most fucked up dreams in my life.
I dreamed about some policeman and in this dream some thug killed his wife and child, he captured the bad guy but didn't kill him, he wanted to do it of course but it seemed that law and justice were more important to him than revenge and I could sense that he really didn't feel any hate toward that guy, it was like he understood that life can be shitty and make people do terrible things by putting them on the edge, instead of hating the guy that killed his family he started to hate the world and the way it's ordered. He spend the rest of his life alone waiting for death.

I had also other dream, in this dream I was part of a gang, I took a part in gang war, one of the battle ended very bad, all of my guys were shot, only I survived because I was able to escape (it happened after my guys were killed), these situation reminded me of sole survivor song of blue oyster cult, shitty feeling.

When I woke up I tried to make any sense of it, but I can't.
>>
File: 1479669928494.png (562KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
1479669928494.png
562KB, 513x513px
>>18376217
>plastic jew
gave me a chuckle there
>>
File: tmp_11196-bltsvl.lg-951954901.jpg (152KB, 787x517px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11196-bltsvl.lg-951954901.jpg
152KB, 787x517px
http://www.orthodoxhawaii.org/icons.html

There are many icons and relics in the Orthodox Church that stream sweet smelling oil (usually referred to as "myrrh") that often has healing properties. This icon visited our church. It started streaming so much during a service that it soaked our altar table. The smell lingered for a week. It convinced my wife to convert to Orthodoxy. There's a powerful emotional aura that follows it. It's a bright sadness.

Another icon visited a nearby church a few years ago, the Kursk Root Icon. It's almost a thousand years old, one of the most famous icons of Russia. It resides in America now and regularly tours the world. After liturgy, I went to venerate and looked very carefully at the Mother of God's face. Her face looked like a photograph and her eyes looked back into mine. Awhile later I saw pictures of it online. The face does not normally look like that. It's simple and very weathered. After that I felt an unearthly peace for hours.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.