[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really wish I could stay sturdy in myself. It seems life is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1452642687619.png (261KB, 447x633px) Image search: [Google]
1452642687619.png
261KB, 447x633px
I really wish I could stay sturdy in myself. It seems life is just whizzing by. How do I develop roots? How do I anchor myself?

Are there any books that teach about this?
>>
>>18360323
>>>/adv/
>>
>>18360338
It's spiritual. I want to figure out how to realise the body as an anchor.
>>
>>18360323
This pic is bullshit. The more stupid you are the more you will suffer simply because you are not intelligent enough to deal with the troubles, struggles and problems that will come in your life.
>>
wtf are you even talking about?
can you not use metaphors.
>>
File: Abraham-Lincoln-Wallpaper-6.jpg (102KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Abraham-Lincoln-Wallpaper-6.jpg
102KB, 1440x900px
Vipassana meditation is taught to calm the mind and to anchor you mind into the present. It's also know as mindfulness.

Coming from my experience, I can say it changed my life. I read a few books touching on the subject and had a shot at meditation. The next day was the best i've ever felt in memory. I felt like I was in control of my life and these 'little me' thoughts had totally vanished. Compassion naturally flowed out towards other people, I felt complete so to speak. I also consciously remember saying to myself that this felt better than Ecstasy or mdma, in fact my attempts with these drugs were to attain this state of mind.

So i'm strongly sold on the practise as you can imagine, i'd give it a try because I felt a lot like you did, feeling small and like life was rushing past and you were being left behind powerlessly

This page has a lot of useful info
http://breathmeditation.org/the-buddhist-tradition-of-breath-meditation
>>
Cancel your internet and phone and go innawoods for a few months.
No excuses, if its cold bring special sleeping bags and fire equipment.
>>
>>18361540
Top kek.

>implying anyone can survive doing that

Is not that easy, you need preparation.
>>
>>18360348
if you're stupid you wont even notice them and youll be happy because of it.
>>
>>18360348
The people in the middle are the ones who suffer the most. Smart enough to develop self doubt and neurosis, not smart enough to overcome these problems.
>>
>>18360323
>how do I develope roots

Horse stance
>>
As usual with /x/ questions, the answer is ALWAYS more meditation.
>>
>>18360323
>It seems life is just whizzing by
There's a clue here. If you feel this, you're not doing things you like to do. You'll hear stuff about grounding exercises, visualisations and so on, but root issues are much more about how you are living.

Make a list of the things you can do that
a) physically ground you; exercise etc
b) link you to your community, friends, family
c) plug you in to your life and your enjoyment of it; what practical things do you like to do, play an instrument, learn a language, learn a martial art, etc.

All these things help anchor you in the physical world and in your life. Root issues are, imho, the hardest to sort out with meditation or healing. They need action, you, doing stuff that gets you living, before it passes you by.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.