[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this book dangerous to read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: necronomicon.jpg (11KB, 190x315px) Image search: [Google]
necronomicon.jpg
11KB, 190x315px
Is this book dangerous to read?
>>
>>18358747
Read it and find out.
>>
>>18358767
so yes lol
>>
>>18358747
Not nearly as dangerous as the Negronomicon.
>>
Its dangerous for your wallet
>>
magic ain't a safe space kid
>>
>>18358747
i just want to read it
>>
>>18358747
Protip:It doesn't exist retard.
>>
>>18358811
Yes it does you fucking dumb ass it was written by HP Lovecraft
>>
>>18358775
I bought it for like $8 if that's what you're implying
>>
>>18358849
its a collection of his stories you can get free here http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/index.html
>>
File: 47 - Nd5smMy.gif (576KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
47 - Nd5smMy.gif
576KB, 500x733px
>>18358747
I always had fun with it, but to each their own.
>>
>>18358747
Which one of them?
Regardless, they're all fiction inspired by Lovecraft who in turn was inspired by Phoenician and Accadian mythology. And maybe also Gnosticism partially.
>>
>>18358811
>>18358849
tip: the pic in the OP is the cover of a book that does in fact exist, it is a pseudo-grimoire full of sigils and rituals and sumerian gods, and some backstory from the mad arab abdul alhazred from HP lovecraft's stories. some people still take it seriously because what makes a grimoire "pseudo", really, since magic is all just bullshit in your head anyway? it also contains some amusing claims in the foreward/intro like people committing suicide due to its publication in the 80s, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Necronomicon-Simon/dp/0380751925
>>
>>18358747
Its fake so ya go ahead.
>>
>>18358747
Yes. Ashy slashy will kill you.
>>
>>18358747
yes
read it loud and something will happen, nothing big, but something electrical will broke, you will hear punches at the door, something may fall, electricity cut, just little thing thay will scare the shit out of you.
I try it and I get terrified
>>
if used properly its more powerful than nearly all contemporary magickal traditions
>>
That one? No. The original on the other hand is quite dangerous.
>>
>>18359953
Learn English, faggot.
>>
File: 1461468310763.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461468310763.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>18358867
this guy's got it down.

it's a fun novelty for lovecraft fans if nothing else.
>>
>>18358780
>aethyr
>y
it doesn’t even have an ypsilon in the original Greek.
>>
Destroy the book, Ash
>>
Watch this documentery.
>>
>>18358747
no
>>
>>18358747

If you actually believe what it says, yes, it is; just like the bible.
>>
No, I think you'd be more interested in the Blue Book, I think it is?
>>
I have read it. It is not dangerous. It is mostly borrows from H.P Lovecraft's cosmic horror short fiction stories.(where the name Necronomicon comes from) And occult books. It is pure fiction and nonsense. Looks cool. Not very interesting.
>>
Would read it if I found one for sale.
>>
>>18358747

No more dangerous than any other written word.
>>
>>18358747
I heard it can trigger an army of darkness. I got a bone to pick with you.
>>
>>18358867
I gotta say. I love the fact that Mr. Lovecraft named home Alhazred. Because, ya know, all has read. : }
>>
>>18362862
*Him . . .
>>
>>18358747
Not a real book.
>>
>>18358747
It shows you're a mark, but thats about it.
>>
so, if that's the most evil book of all time or whatever, how come you can buy it at any Border's or Waldenbooks in the world
>>
File: tumblr_o3yxd7WgxM1vnhpypo1_500.jpg (103KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3yxd7WgxM1vnhpypo1_500.jpg
103KB, 480x358px
>>18358747
>>
File: LHROOHcover.jpg (17KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
LHROOHcover.jpg
17KB, 220x331px
What I want to know is, why are all the mythos deities' names misspelled? Like Kathulu instead of Cthulhu, Azag-thoth instead of Azathoth, etc.

Was that for copyright reasons? But I thought all of H.P.'s stories were public domain...
Oh, but the Necronomicon was published in the 70's, so I guess they wouldn't have been public domain back then.

Anyway, I had this book as a teen. It's Baby's First Grimoire, but you've gotta start somewhere. I bought it when I was a fledgling witch, and Marilyn Manson vouches for its effectiveness in his autobiography.
>>
>>18362816
Damn these puns are too hot to handle too cold to hold.
>>
it turned me into a nigger
>>
File: neonomicon2.jpg (101KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
neonomicon2.jpg
101KB, 500x387px
>>
>>18358747
Only if you're Bruce Campbell
>>
>>18361993
Best show on TV at the moment
>>
>>18365090
Not Alan's best work, to be honest.
>>
repeat after me. "klaatu barada nikto"
>>
>>18365846
Nickel, necktie, nocturne.

It's an N word. It's definitely an N word.
>>
>>18365969
Yeah y
Yeah i said it! ...mostly.
>>
>>18358857
[spoiler]is it bad that that gif turns me on a little[/spoiler]
>>
>>18358747
Yes knowledge is a dangerous thing... Fucking idiot. This is why i would like to see you all dead. Dumbass questions like these. Is reading a fucking book dangerous!? Die Scum! Its because if people with dumbass fear like this that we are only getting dumber and deserve to die! I bet anyone that still thinks Aliester Crowley was "Evil" has never read any of his work. "Do what thou wilt shall the the whole of the law, LOVE is the law love under will!" What is evil about that!? Read! Learn! And you will hate everyone as i do. You will see the world for what it really is! Ignorant and afraid! Formula for continued stupidity over generations!
>>
>>18365846
Most /x/philes won't get this unless they cheat and look it up.
>>
>>18363784
Probably because the sigils used might be made up servitors based on the traits of those gods. It doesn't make them any less real or any less dangerous since this book is widespread and widely used. And no, it doesn't matter if it is just used by emo nerds and edgy goth teens. I used a protection sigil from here once about a decade ago,carried it around in my pocket. I'm a catholic and, forgetting I had it on me, had to make the sign of the cross for one reason or another and my body litterally jolted as all the energy from the siglil left my pocket almost as it was exorsized. It took me a moment to figure out what happened.

Plus there are all sorts of amazon reviews saying weird things. That and there used to be a very prominent occult forum that got purged but you can still find archives online and on there there was this young dude named Ash that practiced from this book with much success and taught others how to do so.

I've heard that the book is riddled with traps.
>>
>>18358791
read it. its just literature. nothing more.
>>
>>18367485
Surely everyone's seen Army of Darkness. And before someone tries to be a smartass, I realise the quote is originally from The Day the Earth Stood Still.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.