[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Intro to magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: pretty sky.jpg (16KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
pretty sky.jpg
16KB, 300x182px
i'm someone who never believed in magics, or anything paranormal until i started reading things i couldn't explain from the internet.
now that i've read a lot of things i can't explain with science, as someone who has a lot of motivation when it comes to simply understanding something, i'm trying to delve into this sort of thing. any tips for a noob? so far i've tried clearing my mind with meditation out of interest in my akashic record
>>
>>18358561
Well start believing or stop now OP its a long hard road when you can see things you dont think are real
>>
I first was researching energy sciences. I went deeper by actually testing some of those theoretical 'hocus pocus' in actual practice. Just for fun and experimentation at first. Imagine my surprise when the stuff worked. Just probe the water where you're comfortable, OP. Stick to angels or other similar positive spirits because demons will try hard to fuck your shit up if you brush against them or let them near. Start off with some meditation and request God for a guide to help you learn more. That's what I did and it's been working out pretty well so far.
>>
>>18358589
OP here, i've never been one to back down from a challenge, and i no longer believe what i see isn't real; i've done a lot of reflection over the past month or so and learned, among many other things, that when something doesn't seem possible, it's just because i don't have the information needed to understand it, yet.
>>
/omg/ has a library with a folder called "For Beginners"
>>
>>18358604 >>18358618
got it, stick to positivity, and when doing my own work don't do any dark stuff.
Thanks for that library link, this is enough to keep me reading for years before trying anything.
A surgeon doesn't do open heart surgery after every lesson in class, why should i try the equivalent?
>>
File: leedle.gif (1MB, 498x298px) Image search: [Google]
leedle.gif
1MB, 498x298px
>>18358638

Multiplicity of self, budro. The more of you backing the action, the stronger the possibility. Thoughtforms are a legitimate asset to make more improbable alterations on a larger scale. That's some wisdom for you, one anon to another.
>>
File: The Great Work.jpg (64KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Work.jpg
64KB, 500x254px
The Great Work Series

Featuring Lon Milo DuQuette, Michael Greer, & Symbolist John Anthony West

The Western Mystery Traditions enable one to accomplish this magnificent task have always been hidden in plain sight, inaccessible to all but the most ardent scholars and practitioners.

The Symbols have always held the Key

To be efficient and proficient at The Great Work, one must develop a broad understanding of the meaning of symbols and archetype

Plane of Material
youtu.be/hr5BwTVPYwA
Plane of Mental
youtu.be/83oTRusr7LU
Plane of Emotional
youtu.be/JDRTZ1ibpPk
Plane of Will
youtu.be/zwMiqwwl-gQ
Quintessence
youtu.be/7MJZLuwwX9E
>>
>>18358689
while that makes sense in english to me, i feel like that has more meaning than what i read it as. I'm sure as i read more into this and learn more i'll learn a better understand of what you mean.
In other stuff, i've started reading the "introduction to magic" pdf >>18358618
gave, i keep hearing about the Pythagoreans, who are they? What does Pythagoreas have to do with any of this? Don't tell me there are celestial trig functions.
>>
0 - Prologue - The Science of the Secret

youtu.be/WOjPyNLvpA4

The Great Work Series, a Mystery School on DVD decodes and translates the symbols of the Egyptian Mysteries, the Tarot, Alchemy, Qabalah and other great esoteric traditions.

The series provides elaborates on how these symbols

• Work by themselves

• Work together

• And how the various western symbol systems fit into a unified whole.

Magickal Thinking is the result.

The Great Work series does not offer fixed ideas but is rather a training in new ways to think in order that you may derive fruitful meaning, and know the deeper spiritual reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences

...The series is a must for serious students...
>>
>>18358700
>celestial trig functions
I actually laughed
>>
>>18358719
OP here, i was also the guy who mentioned celestial trig functions just didn't say it was me.

An hour ago I "woke up?" frankly i don't know what the fuck happened but i've spent the past hour trying to wrap my head around what just happened. I feel like I have a vague understanding of a lot more stuff now, though it all feels like it happened in a flash of light.

The most i understand is that god fucking dammit there are celestial uses of trigonometry; the most notable thing i remember is that i took a "90 degree turn to reality"? i guess is the best way of putting it, which makes sense, to me at least.
I also remember something about cosine and now i can't seem to stop wanting to learn more, and for some reason i want to try some stuff. Namely runic empowerment/augmentation.
>>
>>18359094
>"90 degree turn to reality"

You mean like... similar to a car unexpectedly swerving very suddenly - getting out of the road suddenly?
>>
>>18359554
kinda? it felt like a jerk reaction, like if you trip on something, except instead of catching yourself, falling down into another realm. Quite possibly was a dream, though i've never had a dream i remembered like this one. except one about an idea for a wild west cowboy fishing show
>>
>>18358704
4 minutes in
>the secret actual works

fuck me with a shovel, some of the names in the credits were halfway credible too.

Why is it always a nut fight when it comes to the occult?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.