[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: jba fofi.jpg (27KB, 604x305px) Image search: [Google]
jba fofi.jpg
27KB, 604x305px
Find a flaw.
>>
In what? Giant spiders?

Spiders' book lungs aren't efficient enough to be much larger than a foot in legspan. The oxygen density in the air would have to be much higher.

Not to mention how fragile their exoskeletons are. If they drop from a significant height, the pressure in their exoskeleton makes their legs pop off and they kind of just explode.
>>
>>18358252
Their exosqueletons aren't fragile in the slightest, they can break a leg as you said, cause they are internally pressurized but this requires a significant height, and just a segment of the leg explodes,just like our bones break under the same circumstances.

And if the air density has to be so high, how can you explain deep water gigantism in artrophods, under the ocean there is less oxygen.

That's the african cryptid, J'ba fofi, and I think that spiders of that size existed not so long ago, those kind of spiders are exclusive burrowers and that's why nobody ever sees them.
>>
>>18358488

Make a move, puleeease.
>>
>>18358538
Yeah, why not.
>>
>>18358488
Humans tend to misjudge the size of animals seen from a distance. People think 4-5 foot brown/black bears standing on their hind legs are 8-foot sasquatch. elusive and secretive animals arent often seen up close, those spiders might be gargantuan 2-feet across but i dont think theyd be the size of dogs. plus it would take a massive amount of hunting to feed a significant population of them.
>>
>>18358244
I want to eat one. I wonder what roasted spider meat tastes like.
>>
>>18358650
Probably dusty crab.
I feel the same way
The only reason we don't eat spiders and roaches is because they're too small to have enough meat.
But they're preatty much land crabs and land lobsters.
I wonder what penguins taste like, they seem like they would have the most unique meat of all birds, plus they're mostly yummy yummy fat.
>>
>>18358642
Not as much food as you may think, some people that have pet tarantulas, call them pet rocks, cause they don't do much or don't eat for months.

>>18358538
I'm to far away.
>>
too much oxygen needed for it's pathetic 'respiratory' system. An animal that size would need real muscles to pump air in and out. also the amount of skin needed to molt. surely someone would've stumbled across that. i dont think anything eats molted shell/skin/wtvr.
>>
>>18358488

I would just like to point out that water is made up of more oxygen than the air that we breath.
>>
>>18358713
I'm almost positive I've read about some forms of arthropods eating their own molted skin/shell to recoop some of the lost nutrients. All of your other points are valid.
>>
>>18358729

But spiders don't eat solid foods. So spiders wouldnt consume their molted skin.
>>
Leave the poor spiders alone you faggots.

They eat annoying insects that I don't like.
>>
File: Striding-Sea-Spider2.gif (4MB, 482x271px) Image search: [Google]
Striding-Sea-Spider2.gif
4MB, 482x271px
>>18358728
Not in the deep sea where this arthropods live, and they still grow to this sizes.
>>
>>18358757

Water in itself is 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen. Running a 33% oxygen, or by an atomic mass rate of 88% oxygen. Dissolved oxygen in water is low, about 1%, but increased higher under levels of pressure (ie, in the deep sea).

33% for sea but 21% for the air we breathe.

Not to mention the oceans produce 70% of our oxygen through marine life.
>>
File: D7E.jpg (67KB, 630x480px) Image search: [Google]
D7E.jpg
67KB, 630x480px
>>18358792
The thing that fascinates me about cryptid Artrophods is how strange they are normally, and how weird some of their behaviours and anatomy are, they were considered monsters in every ancient culture.

Spiders are big enough as they are now, going up to 1 feet in diameter for land spiders, and could probably grew larger given the correct circumstances, deep forests for example, that are more rich in oxygen.
>>
>>18358713
>pathetic 'respiratory' system
There's no need to be mean.
>>
>>18358488
>And if the air density has to be so high, how can you explain deep water gigantism in artrophods, under the ocean there is less oxygen.
Is it because they do not have lungs?
>>
File: brows.png (392KB, 436x490px) Image search: [Google]
brows.png
392KB, 436x490px
>>18358488
What's a squeleton?
>>
>>18358488
>exosqueletons
It's exosquelington you retard
>>
File: 1331940797233.jpg (640KB, 1053x2898px) Image search: [Google]
1331940797233.jpg
640KB, 1053x2898px
>>18358488
Is this a squeleton?
>>
>>18362119
No, thats skeleton jelly!
>>
>>18362119
Man, I want the source of that picture.
>>
>>18358488
the blood of deep water life has a different chemical makeup to us, and water is full of oxygen.

Where we have iron, spiders have copper in their blood allowing for very fast, but short sprints.

i would agree tho spiders are perfect. they create their homes anywhere they please, can strangle any similarly sized creature to death, some of them have venom, and they are cannibals- so if everything but spiders was killed, they would still be able to eat
>>
>>18362119
>he doesn't have the whole comic

really makes you think
>>
>>18358538
is this a beastwars refrence, or am i crazy?
>>
>>18363982
I collect them, particulary jumping spiders, and I been fascinated by how smart they are, for an artrophod of that size, we don't know much about the internal dynamics of the spider brain, we know that their brain extend to their legs, like the cephalopods brains, an we know that in the case of jumping spiders, they have 360° vision, with deep perception in color, wich gave them a very accurate representation of the world, it's been proven that they can't make plans and follow them, they make stable housing, and they aren't exclusive carnivores, they can discern a wide variety of food and can recognize other jumping spiders by species.

Their anatomy makes them limited in size, cause they are internally pressurized, but a larger spider the size of a dog, will also be as smart as a dog or smarter.
>>
>>18358488
Sea spiders live in cold water with higher levels of oxygen and have differet metabolic rates.
>>
>>18358792
>Water in itself is 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen. Running a 33% oxygen, or by an atomic mass rate of 88% oxygen.
A-are you suggesting marine life breathes through hydrolysis?
>>
File: 3962808-9713565972-bird-e.jpg (32KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
3962808-9713565972-bird-e.jpg
32KB, 400x518px
>>18366105
Apparently he does.
>>
>/x/ - Experts in Arachnid Biology
When did this happen?
>>
>>18366555 get
>>
>>18358244
Found the Flaw... Shadow People are normally affraid of giant Spiders^^
>>
>>18358488
Water supports their frame so they don't need to waste as much energy to grow that big. And they have gils.
>>
YOU AUTISTIC GARBAGE WE COULD HAVE HAD A NICE THREAD ABOUT GIANT SPIDERS AND YOU SHITS TURN IT INTO A FUCKING ASSPERGERS WANKFEST ABOUT HOW IT ISN'T POSSIBLE IN REALITY

FUCK
>>
>>18366715
He told us to find a flaw
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.