[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we understand as alchemy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1437966001321.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437966001321.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
I dont think we can talk about alchemy like in the old days, so whats alchemy in these days?
>>
>>18357490
In the terms of practical transmutation, I feel they were definitely on to something. The other spiritual mumbo-jumbo not so much.

Science has now turned lead into gold.
Orichalcum has now been discovered.

It's completely possible that the (now dead) science existed, but was overrun with pseudo bullshit and was roundly discredited because of it.
>>
>>18357546
Can you tell me more?, i have a lot of interest in this.
>>
>>18357546
>Science has now turned lead into gold
>Orichalcum has now been discovered.

Souce please
>>
>>18357658
Not really much to tell. Real alchemical information is mired in centuries of bullshit. Most it is "spiritual alchemy", or in other words complete bunk.

If you're interested in "practical alchemy" (which addresses it like a science) I'd suggest reading "The Alchemists Handbook" by Frater Albertus. It was an interesting read, a sort of alchemical primer of sorts.

>>18357696
>lead into gold
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-lead-can-be-turned-into-gold/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_transmutation
>orichalcum found
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/25557/20150110/divers-retrieve-atlantis-metal-orichalcum-from-ancient-shipwreck.htm
>>
Well..its simply not like "pic related" Alchemy by todays standart is more like mixing up/burning disgusting shit, see what happens, scribble down pages of useless notes. Mankind is on the brink of field manipulation&quantum shit, no one needs to turn crap into gold anymore, the philosophers stone is kinda outdated
>>
File: 1477080325514.jpg (131KB, 959x599px) Image search: [Google]
1477080325514.jpg
131KB, 959x599px
It's the science of tantric sex.
>>
File: Science of the Secret.jpg (35KB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
Science of the Secret.jpg
35KB, 200x293px
>>18358697
>>18358704

The Great Work Series

Featuring Lon Milo DuQuette, Michael Greer, & Symbolist John Anthony West

The Western Mystery Traditions enable one to accomplish this magnificent task have always been hidden in plain sight, inaccessible to all but the most ardent scholars and practitioners.

The Symbols have always held the Key

To be efficient and proficient at The Great Work, one must develop a broad understanding of the meaning of symbols and archetype

Plane of Material
youtu.be/hr5BwTVPYwA
Plane of Mental
youtu.be/83oTRusr7LU
Plane of Emotional
youtu.be/JDRTZ1ibpPk
Plane of Will
youtu.be/zwMiqwwl-gQ
Quintessence
youtu.be/7MJZLuwwX9E

0 - Prologue - The Science of the Secret

youtu.be/WOjPyNLvpA4 [Embed]

The Great Work Series, a Mystery School on DVD decodes and translates the symbols of the Egyptian Mysteries, the Tarot, Alchemy, Qabalah and other great esoteric traditions.

The series provides elaborates on how these symbols

• Work by themselves

• Work together

• And how the various western symbol systems fit into a unified whole.

Magickal Thinking is the result.

The Great Work series does not offer fixed ideas but is rather a training in new ways to think in order that you may derive fruitful meaning, and know the deeper spiritual reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences

...The series is a must for serious students...
>>
File: cave_of_the_ancients.jpg (932KB, 1665x2188px) Image search: [Google]
cave_of_the_ancients.jpg
932KB, 1665x2188px
Alchemy

Solve Et Coagula - The Great Work of Alchemy

youtu.be/711GUvU06eY

Exploring The Hermetic Tradition (Terence McKenna)

youtu.be/6FdpzXcNuH4

Hermeticism & Alchemy (Terence McKenna)

youtu.be/-YNdBpYh1eA

Hermetism, Gnosticism, & Neoplatonism. Doctrines of Hermes Trismegistus

youtu.be/AS8QL5crSHE

An alchemist is a person versed in the art of alchemy

In Our Time - History of Alchemy

youtu.be/UgwyVqEGj1k

Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss the history of Alchemy, the ancient science of transformations. The most famous alchemical text is the Emerald Tablet, written around 500BC and attributed to the mythical Egyptian figure of Hermes Trismegistus. Among its twelve lines are the essential words - “as above, so below".

With Peter Forshaw, Lecturer
>>
>>18358396
>keep nuts..
I died.
>>
>>18357490
>literal alchemy
For literal retards

>philosophical alchemy
For people who prefer analogies to anal

>spiritual alchemy
For people who piss themselves in fear of death
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.