[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most every spiritual discipline seems to promote diminishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: ad_206680128.jpg (346KB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
ad_206680128.jpg
346KB, 2122x1415px
Most every spiritual discipline seems to promote diminishing the ego.

But here's the thing. I'm not really smart enough to know what the ego is.

I was thinking if I tried to create an ego/persona, I can come to see it is a thought contruct in my own head and not my ultimate self.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this? Should I just forget about it? Or might it be worth while?
>>
just pretend tht you know, like every other >spiritual person
>>
File: Rosebyanyothername.jpg (53KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
Rosebyanyothername.jpg
53KB, 288x432px
>>18357404

As you think, so you become.
>>
>>18357404
>Most every spiritual discipline seems to promote diminishing the ego.
Are all these religions basically a way for those in power to keep the common rabble from causing trouble? Basically like the Christian 'Turn the other cheek" message, don't fight back and accept your lot. A form of social control over millions of people, much cheaper than a huge army of police.
>>
File: life.jpg (166KB, 822x462px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
166KB, 822x462px
>>18357404
why would you, or they want that?
the ego is you, its all your wants and needs, ambitions and goals, it's your personality and is what separates you from the universe, the average lone atom floating alone in nothingness. I'd rater pain than nothingness, and that is the only end to the diminishment of the ego.
>>
>>18357404
The ego is you. Your body. Your brain. Your feelings. Your desires. It's all ego related. Every single desire is ego driven. Anyone to say otherwise is at conflict with the ego and wishes to believe it wasn't there.
>>
>>18357404
Honestly, I'd tell you, to avoide any religion that focuses on passiveness, or nothingness, becoming one with the universe. I've never understood that want, passion is life, the lack of which is the normal state of the universe, a universe with balance is a universe of nothingness and boredom, where no life, no change. OP, focus on reality, focus on friends and family, on love and fun. that is passion, that is the ego. Focus on pain if you must, what you feel, good or bad, that is the ultimate reality. There is no higher reality than now.
>>
If you want to know that the ego is, seek for ego death. Once it happens you will most certainly have a very clear idea of what it is.

I don't think the ego is something that can be explained from one person to another. It's more like something that you must get to know, through your own means/methods.
>>
>>18357463
Focusing on the ego will, one way or another, lead to more suffering than happiness.

No religion is true-er than others but without spirituality, Man is nothing more than an advanced animal.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.