[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Heaven's Gate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 32

File: HeavensGate1.png (203KB, 538x305px) Image search: [Google]
HeavensGate1.png
203KB, 538x305px
Tell me about Heaven's Gate.
>>
>>18355632
I'll tell you about search engines and research instead. Use them fag.
>>
>>18355643
What if OP wants to know secrets about it that isn't public knowledge??
>>
>>18355654
Then OP needs to start sucking and cupping.
>>
File: IMG_9956.jpg (178KB, 666x849px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9956.jpg
178KB, 666x849px
>>18355632
Heaven's gate was a Michael Cimino film that had a humongous budget and was one of the worst flops in cinema history
>>
my favorite cult of all time
>>
File: !!.png (360KB, 1025x458px) Image search: [Google]
!!.png
360KB, 1025x458px
Heavens Gate followers were killed by cheeseheads for stealing their teams logo.
>>
incredible how the main dude and woman met while the dude was in the hospital and the woman was his nurse and they became convinced that they were each biblical characters meant to warn of the end of times (i rthink, too lazy and drunk to confirm that) but i know they met in the hospital. just fukn weird
>>
>>18355632
reliable people
>>
They ridin' Hale-Bopp now.

http://www.subgenius.com/hellsgate/HELLSGATE.html
>>
Does anyone feel it is a little too coincidental that 3 cults (Jonestown, Waco and Heaven's Gate) all met a catastrophic and violent end with definite US government intervention in two of those mass death events?

Was there a conscious effort to destroy all future religious/cultist movements after Scientology antagonized the establishment?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-13-08-56-44.png (156KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-13-08-56-44.png
156KB, 720x1280px
>>18355632
I'll tell yo about it, friend. I made a thread about HG and Jonestown completely relevant and on topic and likely what made it b pop into your head, but for somenreason the thread 404'd despite getting more than a few responses on a dead board.

I trued a more watered down version on the use of mass suucide as an effective form of psychological warfare on /pol/ and it was also dropped despite its obvious relevance and interest (pic related).
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-21-21-19-47.png (506KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-21-21-19-47.png
506KB, 600x1024px
>>18356007
Fucing hell. Wrong pic.
>>
>>18355632
>Heaven's Gate
>Heaven's Gayte
>Heaven's Gay
Mystery solved boys

(inb4 someone calls me disinfo/shill)
>>
File: 911pepe.jpg (40KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
911pepe.jpg
40KB, 500x415px
>>18355632

Something Something CERN dimensional Portal conspiracy........
>>
>>18355692
I don't understand how he went from The Deer Hunter, to that mess, or how he fucked up with such a F A N T A S T I C cast.
On the plus side someone recut it and the recut is actually pretty good.
>>
>>18355774
Jonestown was going to collapse regardless. Jones was fuckin' nuts.
The Davidians were led by a child-abusing pedophile polygamist with delusions of divinity. The gun stuff is still a big question mark, though. The ATF's involvement was a massive clusterfuck. How did they run low on ammo? HOW.
It's been two decades and I'm still annoyed. If the Branches hadn't been provoked, none of the deaths would have happened.
As for Heaven's Gate, what involvement did the gov't have?
I mean, the bodies were already decomposing when they were found
>>
File: helpmeohgod.jpg (34KB, 336x364px) Image search: [Google]
helpmeohgod.jpg
34KB, 336x364px
>>18355632
I think the creepiest thing was their beliefs.

In in end, 'Do' explained that it wasn't Applewhite at all. It had merely hijacked his body. Applewhite's feelings on this matter were... Irrelevant. He was merely a dumb monkey. A meat puppet to be used and discarded like trash.

>Those wide eyes are Applewhite's silent screams.
>>
>>18355632
i recall hearing they moonlighted as web developers to earn money for their cult kek
>>
>>18356202
And that's not bullshit either. You can hear him discuss this in the extended Heaven's gate tape.

This big 'ascension' is meant for the hijacker alien consciousness only. The humans they infest are 'less than nothing'. Members of a species that will die off and no one will care.
>>
>>18356007

Mass suicide is the gold standard of psychological warfare. You'd be naive to think the CIA hasn't tried research.
>>
>>18355665
this
>>
>>18356211
>>18356202
dam son
>>
File: UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-03.jpg (664KB, 1200x1702px) Image search: [Google]
UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-03.jpg
664KB, 1200x1702px
The Mysterious Two 1982

youtu.be/YJzvllM0Yys
>>
File: UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-04.jpg (644KB, 1200x1704px) Image search: [Google]
UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-04.jpg
644KB, 1200x1704px
The Outer Limits : Double Helix

youtu.be/Ct7G3q4n9pQ

hulu.com/watch/67550
>>
File: UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-05.jpg (639KB, 1200x1700px) Image search: [Google]
UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-05.jpg
639KB, 1200x1700px
The Outer Limits : The Origin of Species

hulu.com/watch/68274
>>
File: dubs.jpg (77KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
77KB, 461x403px
>>18357722

Double Helix Double Dubs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Helix_(The_Outer_Limits)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Species_(The_Outer_Limits)

imdb.com/title/tt0084375/

Produced in 1979 but unaired until 1982, The Mysterious Two is yet another film that one can imagine Chris Carter and his producers soaking up while at college, since you can see pieces of it all over various X-Files episodes (particularly the pivotal 'Red Museum', which features almost too many parallels to the Gate). One might speculate that The Mysterious Two could have also been a major influence on The 4400, seeing that various Star Trek alumni were involved in that heavily X-Files influenced series, a connection that bears special attention.

And stunningly, The Mysterious Two also features one Robert Pine, father of Chris Pine, the pseudo-Kirk of the new Trek series.
>>
File: UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-06.jpg (657KB, 1200x1687px) Image search: [Google]
UFO_Flying_Saucers_011-06.jpg
657KB, 1200x1687px
Another story from UFO Flying Saucers, a sensationalistic rewriting of the 1975 UFO disappearances in Oregon. The story made the national news at the time, since over 30 people fell from sight for over two months, leaving their friends and families in a state of near panic. It was later revealed that the missing persons were enlisted into a millennial UFO cult.

As you can see the artist was fairly successful in capturing Applewhite's likeness, not so much with Nettles.

For such a small and obscure group, Marshall Applewhite's Heaven's Gate cult has had an outsized impact on the culture.

Both the disappearance and the suicides had a huge impact on pop culture
>>
File: Heavens_gate_Map.gif (49KB, 636x431px) Image search: [Google]
Heavens_gate_Map.gif
49KB, 636x431px
The Outer Limits aired a strange parallel world version of the Heaven's Gate story, a kind of wish-fulfillment lucid dream for the cult and their leader.

That aired the same week of their suicides.

Bringing us back to the realm of the ancient astronauts, the episode in question aired March 28, 1997 and was written by Stargate SG-1 producer Jonathan Glassner and was entitled 'Double Helix'.

A geneticist, Dr Martin Nodel, is a researcher looking into introns, mysterious sections of DNA that he believes hold the secret to future evolution. He develops a formula that he believes will activate them, and ...tests it on himself, and begins experiencing strange symptoms, including a sort of map that grows on his back and a pattern that grows on his hand.

Shortly after he begins looking for students that are suitable candidates. They have to have a high IQ, never had surgery, and are free from imperfections such as tattoos or glasses.

After finding the needed candidates, he reveals the map. The area is discovered to be a hidden military area not on any normal map and, along with Nodel's son and his girlfriend, the group travels to the area.

Inside that area is a spaceship-type device with symbols that match the ones on the Doctor's hands. It activates, and a message from an apparent alien race is played back. The Doctor and the students decide to enter the ship on a journey to the home planet.

So what we have here is an idealized version of Heaven's Gate; like Nodel, Applewhite was a college professor and looked upon his cult as his students. He creates a serum which elevates him to level above human, discovers the spaceship and takes his class with him to visit the alien creators.

Exactly as Applewhite spent a quarter century dreaming about.
>>
File: phoenix.jpg (9KB, 252x208px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix.jpg
9KB, 252x208px
At the same time the Heaven's Gate cult was preparing to exit their vehicles (so to speak), one of the most notorious UFO flaps of our time was unfolding just a few hundred miles to the east in Phoenix.

Did the Gate hear about the event? I haven't found any evidence yet that they did but the timing of the event- whatever you may think of the exact nature of the sightings themselves- is bone-chilling.

The Gate were awaiting a giant UFO to come pick them up. And just as they were preparing for its arrival thousands of people were reporting a giant UFO in the skies over Phoenix, a hop, skip and jump away. It's all eerily reminiscent of the end of Mysterious Two
>>
File: favoriteson.jpg (106KB, 702x530px) Image search: [Google]
favoriteson.jpg
106KB, 702x530px
Incidentally, a few days before the Heaven's Gate suicides began an episode of Voyager aired in which one of the crew mysteriously began to manifest the Stigmata.

Why is all of this significant?

Because at the very same time all of this was happening Michael Piller was hired to begin work on Star Trek 9 aka Star Trek:Insurrection. Aka Star Trek: The War for Esalen
>>
File: Nines.jpg (315KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Nines.jpg
315KB, 960x1440px
Some interesting details about this episode though- there aren't 39 people who enter the ancient spaceship, there are only nine. One of them- Martin Nodel's son- is played by Ryan Reynolds, star of...

...The Nines.

You know, about the noncorporeal space gods who inhabit human form.
>>
I think there was a lot of strong acid in the 90s
>>
File: Green Lantern.jpg (141KB, 750x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern.jpg
141KB, 750x1109px
But more importantly note that Martin Nodell is also the creator of...
Green Lantern.
Portrayed on film by...Ryan Reynolds.

The Green Lantern Corps is controlled by the cosmic space gods known as the Guardians of the Universe. How many of those were there originally?

Nine.
>>
>>18356202
This is false. They used multiple aliases. It was only the bodies of people that were to be discarded, and their "soul or essence or whatever" would get a new one in the new place where they were going.

I don't know where you got that bullshit from.
>>
File: Chuck Schramek.jpg (158KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
Chuck Schramek.jpg
158KB, 638x479px
One evening in November the Art Bell program received a call from Chuck Schramek, an amateur astronomer from Houston, home of John Gray. Schramek said he’d been "imaging" the comet with his telescope and a camera, and had taken a photo of what appeared to be another body close to the comet with a "ring like" form.

Schramek called it a "Saturn Like Object.” The frenzy began.

People wondered: “What on earth could that Saturn-like image be to the right of the comet?”

Following Schramek as a guest on Bell's show was Professor Courtney Brown -- a tenured political science professor at Emory University in Atlanta, author of a book called "Cosmic Voyage," and president and owner of Farsight Institute, a company specializing in "scientific remote viewing."

Their remote viewers had found the mysterious "companion" object to be larger than Earth, hollow and "under intelligent control" -- a kind of planetary spaceship hitching a ride on the comet.

Now people really wondered.
>>
File: pru_b_w_rev2.jpg (5KB, 192x215px) Image search: [Google]
pru_b_w_rev2.jpg
5KB, 192x215px
When Brown appeared again on Bell's program, he brought along Prudence Calabrese, his 'assistant,' who told Bell's audience that a well-known astrophysicist at a "top ten university" had sent Brown information confirming Farsight's remote-viewing results.

This astrophysicist, she went on, had taken several hundred photographs of the luminous object, which was not only real, but emanating "unambiguous radio signals."

More significantly, the unnamed gentleman from the prestigious university planned to hold a press conference in a week to announce his findings. Meanwhile, he’d sent three rolls of undeveloped film, one of which had "very good astronomical photographs," in Calabrese's estimation.

This is where it gets really interesting. Calabrese today heads a commercial venture called Transdimensional Systems in—where else—San Diego.
>>
A fun fact that people dont talk about much is that all the male members castrated themselves
>>
>>18357766
ebin dub dubs
>>
File: Pam-Anderson-Baywatch.jpg (67KB, 912x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pam-Anderson-Baywatch.jpg
67KB, 912x960px
web.archive.org/web/20010628183142/http://www.mt.net/~watcher/culcyphr.html

If you like weird connections, how about a Cypherpunks - Heaven's Gate link? If you like really weird connections, how about a Cypherpunks - Heaven's Gate - Solar Temple link? If you like really, really weird connections, how about a Cypherpunks - Heaven's Gate - Solar Temple - Waco link?

Lest you think I jest, let me explain that what I am about to tell you is fairly easy to verify and document

1970's there was a small group in Canada, known as the Bartonian Metaphysical Society. The group was joined by an individual named C.J. Parker

Parker became a teacher and leader in the group, which soon became the Institute for Applied Metaphysics

There were often UFO reports surrounding the dates of their intensive seminars

Parker was involved, according to both himself and many others, in the founding of the New Covenant Club during his involvement with IAM

Later, some of the Eastern leaders began indicating that if vasectomies were a good way of indicating one's dedication to spirituality in the end - times, then castration was even better.
>>
File: Fake.jpg (7KB, 289x268px) Image search: [Google]
Fake.jpg
7KB, 289x268px
>>18358039
t. chex these?

>>18358022

Fast forward: The mysterious astronomer never turned up. The photos turned out fake. A cleverly manipulate photo taken from the university of Hawaii website, reversed and rotated to conceal its origin. And according to a sci fi zine called Ansible, Schramek had used his tech skills for hoaxes before.

Chuck was an inveterate prankster, a ham radio operator, and deviously technological. Just like John Gray, who’d called himself a computer programmer at one time. We wondered if they knew each other. We're pretty sure 'mum's the word' with Gray; and Schramek is dead and can't tell us, either, unless we can cough up enough money for a Ouiji board.

Said his high school buddy: “He told us one night that he had pulled a great prank on a neighbor who numbered among the believers by dressing all in black and wrapping his head in aluminum foil, then peering into the windows of the neighbor's house. So when I discovered that the UFO dogging comet Hale-Bopp had been photographed by one Charles Schramek, and that this "discovery" was making a splash in national news, I had a lot of trouble sitting upright for awhile.”
>>
File: Thomas Nichols.png (74KB, 218x278px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Nichols.png
74KB, 218x278px
Nichelle Nichols' younger brother, Thomas Nichols, 59, was among those who died.

A member for eleven years, he left a final video message saying: "I'm the happiest person in the world."
>>
File: OOLjOri.jpg (189KB, 750x974px) Image search: [Google]
OOLjOri.jpg
189KB, 750x974px
No cult was as unabashedly nerdly as Heaven's Gate. Although the media- particuarly the reliably-clueless geek media- tried to paint them as some unknowable pack of religious extremists, the Gate were nothing of the sort. They were what happens to nerds when the frontiers of reality and unreality begin to blur.

Judging from the hours of tape the cult recorded they were an unusually pleasant and cheerful bunch of nerds. And early-adopters, too- they ran a web-design business at a time when most people still had no idea what the Web was.

I can't help but notice that the Gate set up shop in the suburbs of San Diego, which even then was the Mecca of Geek.
>>
File: parts2b.jpg (45KB, 576x218px) Image search: [Google]
parts2b.jpg
45KB, 576x218px
You won't see the stock character actors of Mysterious Two- the mesomorphic prom queens and kings who never hit the sweepstakes but kept busy enough in Hollywood- in the Heaven's Gate videos. You'll see the same awkward, bespectacled men and mannish, severe yet amiable women you'll see at any collection of serious fans of sci-fi and fantasy. In fact, you'll see the same faces and self-effacing smiles you'll see in the Trekkies documentaries. So much so that if the producers of those films were honest they'd make Trekkies III entirely out of Heaven's Gate footage.
>>
File: hrshp.jpg (65KB, 611x259px) Image search: [Google]
hrshp.jpg
65KB, 611x259px
FTR #507 Knock, Knock, Knockin’ on Heaven’s Gate

spitfirelist.com/for-the-record/ftr-507-knock-knock-knockin’-on-heaven’s-gate
>>
>>18356164
the movie is still really good

its just really long and bad pacing
>>
Interesting thread, cheers boys.

The 'normalcy' of the cult is what stands out too me; these guys ran a website? Eschewed earthly pleasures? Were friendly to those they came across, no defensive tactics?? That's odd.
>>
File: X4W2Eiy.jpg (180KB, 750x975px) Image search: [Google]
X4W2Eiy.jpg
180KB, 750x975px
Anthony Demopoulos, recall that the cultists seemed slow-talking, deliberate, almost robotic in their actions.

"They were not normal people," he stated flatly. "Something was done to them."

Pretty astute.. Demopoulos noticed that one cultist, John Craig, known as "Brother Logan," held sway over the others. "He would never let them even be on the phone alone to talk to me. They couldn't breathe without him."
>>
File: Gomez.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Gomez.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
Parker was also involved with a group in Berkeley, California, Basis, Inc., which was heavily involved in a Unix time-sharing enterprise and gave Parker access to a wide variety of young students and programmers to introduce to his belief system.

Parker named the evil protagonist in the manuscript after the login name for one of Basis' founders, "Gomez." Parker wrote the book under the pseudonym of "son of gomez," as Basis' Gomez was his mentor in the world of UNIX.
>>
File: 5_The_Gray_Chapter_Artwork.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
5_The_Gray_Chapter_Artwork.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
There was an episode of the podcast Tell 'em Steve Dave where they actually got a hold of like the last remaining Heaven's Gate survivor, sent him some questions and got answers back. Wish I could help you on which episode to tune into.
>>
File: spaceshiploop.gif (9KB, 160x80px) Image search: [Google]
spaceshiploop.gif
9KB, 160x80px
Parker apparently fathered an organization called the "Circle of Eunuchs" that was dedicated to recruiting individuals who had the skills and the intelligence to develop systems and methodologies

Parker spent time in California where he was in contact with Do, who shared his fetish for mixing computers and spirituality, and it was apparently Parker who introduced him to the concepts underlying the New Covenant Club. Parker and Do also shared an affinity for mixing spirituality and alien theories

Among those in the Circle of Eunuchs, it was also referred to as Part I of "The True Story of the Internet," which they foresaw as the vehicle that would prove the manuscript prophetic. Parker and his tenacles used the Internet to quietly spread the manuscript among those thought to be potential recruits, even as Do's group began making their impact on the Internet.

WebWorld and the Mythical Circle of Eunuchs
well.com/user/cpm/ww.html
>>
File: heaven's gate logo.png (772KB, 755x1222px) Image search: [Google]
heaven's gate logo.png
772KB, 755x1222px
Parker's second manuscript, Part II , began as "TV World" and later was changed to "WebWorld and the Mythical Circle of Eunuchs." This manuscript was apparently supposed to be converted to hypertext, with complete graphics, by Higher Source, and several chapters were in the works, but about a week before the El Rancho suicides, Parker was told that he should go ahead and release it in its present form, because Higher Source would not be in a position to complete the work.
>>
I can't tell you anything about Heaven's Gate, but I can tell you some things about Heaven's Door.
>>
I was in 7th grade when the group suicide happened. It really had an impact on me, not having really been exposed to such weirdness.
>>
This thread from 2013 should throw you firmly down the rabbit hole of Heavens Gate.
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13574896/

>>18358180
>someone has seen the old thread
>>
File: IMG_4104.jpg (939KB, 1836x2584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4104.jpg
939KB, 1836x2584px
I just came across this pic of their flier also the website is still up which is weird
>>
>>18355704
>be in hospital
>meet hot nurse
>she crazy as fuck but the pussy game ridiculous
>fall into usual routine, tell girl what she wants to get laid
>do stuff with her that you don't give a fuck about because it pays off in bed
>one day you realize that the whole cult thing has kinda gotten out of hand
>lots of people are looking up to you as some sort of messiah
>feel bad
>decide to come clean before this whole thing gets out of hand
>"Honey, we need to talk about this whole Heaven's Gate thing..."
>"Of course dear, drink your kool-aid and we can talk about it once I finish giving everyone else theirs"
>>
>>18357791
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/the-phoenix-lights-are-no-mystery-6661825
>>
>>18355692
Never stop being you 4chan, I fucking love you idiots
>>
heavensgate dot com

Why is their website still up? Did they pay for an unlimited amount of domain?
>>
>>18355696
same here anon.

drink da coolaid.
>>
>>18359663
One of their members was selected to stay behind. He runs the site.
>>
When I looked up the ages of those that died, I was actually suprised. For some reason I always pictured it was a bunch of kids (early 20s, maybe some 18 and 19 year olds) but it was mostly people 45+, and even some in their 60s I think. It's strange to imagine people like my parents falling into a cult like this, and then actually killing themselves because a guy told them there was a fucking UFO tailing a comet that was going to scoop them up. I think it's more depressing that older people with much more life experience could be sucked into this scam of a religion for whatever reason. As much as they've seen, it's crazy to think they rejected every criticism or self-doubt about what was going on and really went through with it. I guess I don't know what kind of people they were in life, but it makes you wonder about why some people are drawn into cults like that. Is there some sort of gullibility gene?
>>
>>18355632
Heavens Gate was an attempt by a charismatic and insane man to deal with the fact that he liked cock.

I'm completely serious.
>>
>>18360062
They still answer emails.
>>
>>18355632
Haven's Gate was a hilarious joke and those who died for it were worth the kill.
>>
I was a member of the local observatory when all the suicides went down and I remember they fucking hated it for some reason like these guys with cool sneakers undermined their very serious looking through telescopes and measuring of comets tails and shit. I thought it was as good a reason as any to wear plastic bags on ur head with a bunch of other peeps. Stopped going to the dome after that though I just couldn't understand how people could smoke weed and look at the stars all night but be so stuffy about what a bunch of other people did with their lives
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.