[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: The Economist The World in 2017.jpg (319KB, 779x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Economist The World in 2017.jpg
319KB, 779x1024px
What does it mean?
>>
>>18353548

>Not a single reference to kek

Absolute trash
>>
>>18353548
Beat me to it. I think it's pretty blatant.
>>
>>18353548
This is fucking creepy.

OP what did you mean by "what does it mean"? Do you want an analysis of the cards? Their traditional meaning? Or were you just asking why the economist would do it?
>>
>>18353548
What a time to be alive.
>>
They are big fans of Stardust Crusaders
>>
So, for a quick overview.
>the tower
The status quo will be brought down. The complacent, the decadent, the degenerare soicety will perish.
>judgement
Obviously, Trump will be the one to topple the tower.
>the world
In conjunction with the rest of the cards, the world will change. Obviously.
>the hermit+death+magician
Us, Keks loyal few, will now truly be reckognized as meme magicians. Our days of recluses are over, and agter overcoming death, we are born again.
>fortune
Self-explainatory
>the star
Age of Aquarius
>>
>>18354065
>age of aquarius
You know that started in 2012 right?
>>
>>18354065
There's no such thing as meme magic, Harry
>>
>>18354104
Says you. As far as we know, it might start with the innauguration of the god-emperor
>>
>>18354110
Tell that to my fellow Kekists. Kekites? Kekkers?
>>
>>18354113
uhh no, says me and the actual math that calculates the size of the houses, the location of regulus and the hour of the equinox.

It started in March, 2012, its effects were felt before this and the age will last a long time, Im just debating the interpretation of "the star" as the age of aquarius. I think it more prudent to interpret it as having its usual meaning of personal change and growth.
>>
>>18354134
>personal change and growth.
On the level of all mankind? It could be interpreted as the age of Aquarius coming to full bloom, since The Star is associated with Aquarius.
>>
>>18354110
You're a fg8, Anon.
>>
>>18354120
Kekromancers.
>>
>>18354200
Dubs speak
>>
>>18353548
>the last card is the Goddess
My loyalty will be rewarded , adios froglords
>>
File: Millhouse.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Millhouse.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>inb4 autism

>The Tower (Tarot XVI/16)
Comes after the Devil tarot so take that as you will, Tower tarot implies a danger/crisis/destruction/liberation in an opt for change, in the picture you see the Soviet Union flag and a cross, whether or not they will be the ones to usher in said change I don't know

>Judgement (Tarot XX/20)
Not sure, Judgment is usually depicted by Garbiel blowing the trumpet on the day of Judgement, notice how Trump holding the Globus cruciger and a Crosier?

>The World (Tarot XXI/21)
All that previous work will come to a brief conclusion before moving onto a new phase

>The Hermit (Tarot IX/9)
Honestly? this could be a reference to conspiracy theorist or people like us? The hermit secludes himself from society in a search for understanding and answers right? Are we not the trying to peer through the looking glass to find deeper meaning in things right now while everyone else is preoccupied with stuff like protesting and other shit? I'm trying to not make it sound pretensions but whatever.

>Death (Tarot XIII/13)
This one is pretty straight forward but it can still mean Death literally and figuratively, but to get it out of the way Death riding the pale horse while a nuke goes of in the background, pretty obvious but notice the bugs in the top left? I wanna say they refer to mosquitoes and the Zika virus

>The Magician (Tarot I/1)
As above so below shown here, with a wand raised he's most likely the antichrist because he will show signs and perform miracles in great falsehood and trickery, possibly through the use of technology? could this also be reffering to the mark of the beast?

>Wheel of Fortune (Tarot X/10)
Not sure, any Eurofags wanna take a stab at this? they would know more than me about this one. I see Germany? and Luxembourg?

>The Star (Tarot XVII/17)
Symbolizes a need beginning, but why the moon or crater thing? and the comet in the back? and the who are the people in the stars? can anyone identify any of them?
>>
>>18354296
Informative, thanks.
>>
>>18353548
It's trump's world.
We just live in it.
>>
File: 1414419472202.png (257KB, 329x343px) Image search: [Google]
1414419472202.png
257KB, 329x343px
>>18354198
you're garbage now..

>>18353548
>Wheel of Fortune (Tarot X/10)
It looks like Marine Le Pen, Gert Wilders (sic?) and A. Merkle (sic?). + it's the Netherlands and French flag.

From the headline today:
>The Independent - 1 day ago
>Front National leader Marine Le Pen has taken a sizeable lead over Nicolas
>Sarkozy in a new French presidential election poll. The far-right ...

So, it refers to both the French, German and Dutch elections next year. Eventful year it will be.

Thanks for the free analysis and suffering the insufferable captcha system, autist boy, that was good and thoughtful information, ya frickin' Rainman. Anything further to add, before you go back to watching millhouse and sonic the hedgehog cartoons?
>>
>>18353548
In case of doubt, praise Tefnut for catgirls.
>>
>>18354065
>Age of Aquarius

I say the star is Mars!
>>
File: ace_nibiru.jpg (45KB, 797x414px) Image search: [Google]
ace_nibiru.jpg
45KB, 797x414px
>>18353548
"The Star"

Nibiru, destroyer of worlds.
>>
>>18354296
Wheel of fortune could be referring to france and the others having their own brexit, and leaving the eu
>>
>The Tower
The pope will continue to soften the church's position on degeneracy issues, expect something on trannys soon. Russia and Christians will harden their own orthodoxy in response effectively abandoning the Vatican.

>Judgement
The reign of trump will cause the far side of the world to follow America's lead or cast a shadow over it.

>The World
This one looks a little like Europe.
The portrait and open book represent identity and knowledge are up in the air, disconnected from the lines that connect them. Britain shares nothing but the other two share doctrine(closed book), land and a tragedy.

>The Hermit
The hermit here is Moses(a guide). The wavelike shapes of the hills allude to the parting of the red sea, the cracked world foreshadowing the hardships of the desert.

>Death
If its a red morning sun: the entire year will have an uptick in disease carrying mosquitoes, famine, drought, and Iran will have nukes.
If its a red evening sun: this is pretty much isolated to the middle east Syria/Iran and both conflicts will be brought easily to a close.

>The Magician
The virtual will blind us to the physical gains our technology bring us. Or some elements of scarcity will be overcome, right to housing becomes a thing in the face of 3d printed homes?

>Wheel of Fortune
Merkel covered in blood, only tie man's tie is bloody. Connected by a bloody conspiracy? Le Penn is the only clean one and holds the sunward side. So she has fortune on her side and is the "cleanest" of the three but will have to pass through the storm/blood.

>The Star
The Economist staff? so its the artist wishing them a good year.
>>
>>18354031
>This is fucking creepy.
What did he mean by this
>>
>>18354113

That doesn't happen until M30K, after the end of the Age of Strife.

We haven't even reached the Fall of the decadent Eldar yet m8.
>>
Are the houses coming out 3D printed, or are they going in to be turned into virtual houses?

Maybe it means that VR technology will allow people to live inside a private VR mansion instead of a boring house. Every man will be a king.
>>
Meanwhile at the economist:
>Guys we need a new cover any ideas?
>???
>Umm a friend of mine bought these tarock or tarot or whatever cards
>Maybe we can use that as basis and make something
>Say no more - opens wikipedia
>>
>>18353548

I feel they know how much we and a lot of other people shit our pants over last years cover so this is just them making fun of us with cliche occult references and tarot cards with trump on them. Typical.
>>
>>18354296
Comets portend catastrophe on a planetary scale, the Moon protects us from the majority of them.
>>
>>18354110
Best start believin in meme magic threads...

You're in one.
>>
>>18353678
Are you dumb?
The magician.
>>
There's that odd "alien" object, vg1991, coming in mid-2017. Could be a clue for the Star card.
>>
>>18354065
>>18353548

Personally, this isn't what I got out of this at all.

Part of the issue may be that tarot cards are somewhat subject to interpretation by the reader.

But for me, The Tower -always- means destruction (negative) and disaster, just for a start. Though in itself, it doesn't techncially explain in what sense; the larger context of the reading has to be considered for that. But basically, it means:

>oh god no everything is fucked.

But again, the why can be tricky. It's usually straight forward, but your phrasing can matter a lot. So, let's use the obvious example of the Trump presidency. Putting our biases aside for the time being, let's say someone asks the question "What happens if Trump is elected?" and draws that card for their answer. How they feel about Trump is going to definitely play a role, first of all. However, you will not get a meaning that is personally god to you out of that card (in my experience). But here's the thing - it might be referring to Trump = Bad -- or, it could mean that, due to circumstances directly resulting from Trump being elected president - say another country independently declaring war (not saying one would - just an example of what could be a disaster), then it isn't inherently saying it's /Trump's/ fault, but it is the result of your question. Make sense?

I also have to point out that these particular tarot cards are, first of all, probably not actually from a reading, so this is all somewhat silly conjecture. We're basically decoding a political joke, albeit a rather clever one. Secondly, the designs on these cards are HIGHLY specific, leaving a lot less vagueness in them then there ordinarily would be, as they all are directly related to one story that the designer of the cover has imagined occurring.
>>
>>18354929

Given the Star often is a sign of incoming suck, that would be unfortunate.
>>
>>18354296

Not a bad reading, but I have a few things to add/dispute - I won't bother with them all, but here are two things to note.

Regarding the Hermit, I would say it's pretty straight forward; it doesn't have a damn thing to do with people with /x/ minded ideas, it's about the breaking of global trade and interactions as they are now. The US recedes into isolationism, at it's most basic. Look at the symbols - hermit aside, the glove has a crack in it, people are marching with signs that are anti TTP, anti EU, etc... And it appears that the hermit is either a) ushering them in/welcoming them/overseeing them (so the ideals of the hermit), or, he is apart from them - so isolated from the ideals of the people. However, given the rest of the card's illustrations, and the context of the query, I would say that is not the case at all.

The wheel of fortune is referring to France and Germany, and their respective elections. Germany has Angela Merkel, so it's the question of her re-election; whereas, with France, it's a matter of which person takes power - one of those is Mariane LePen or whatever her name is, of the National Front, which is basically for immigrants/Muslims GTFO and leaving the EU... I don't remember who the other person is, but basically her opposite in this matter.

To the thread as a whole, not to above anon:

All that said, a reminder - this is all certainly bullshit someone made up because it made a particularly clever political cartoon.

Want to know what's going to happen? Well good luck getting an answer for the ENTIRE WORLD FOR A YEAR, but go do an actual reading yourself.
>>
>>18354989

Addendum: I'm sorry, I was just retarded about the flags on the Wheel of Fortune; I glanced too quickly and didn't notice two were different. Only one is France, the other is... Luxembourg, I think?
>>
>>18353678

Fuck you and fuck your frog god
>>
seems like the Economist is starting to take their 'Conspiracy fags love to debate about the obscure meaning of our yearly flag' meme a bit far into self-aware tryhard territory
>>
>>18354629
>The Magician
Could be referring to Universal Income that will guarantee a house for everyone without them having to do anything. People then would be farmed like animals, use of VR to control them. I am drunk sorry if i don't make any sense
>>
>>18354994

Of course: Luxembourg, the second most significant red white and blue tricolour nation. Once the alt-right take France, Luxembourg shall fall soon after, and then the rest of the red white and blue gutter countries in the world, whose leading lights have joined the alt-right league, will follow suite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIlqD0Ong4
here's a good video a German guy made about it, someone should probably translate it
>>
>>18353548
>death and tower
yeah just add 10 of swords and it's perfect
>>
>>18354296
>whether or not they will be the ones to usher in said change I don't know
they're outside the tower not the tower or in it
I'd say it's safe to assume they're the ones bringing change
>>
>>18354296
>Not sure, any Eurofags wanna take a stab at this? they would know more than me about this one. I see Germany? and Luxembourg?
germany, france and netherlands
merkel, le penn and what's his face blond guy wilders
looks like merkel is in deep shit with the lightning aimed at her, le penn being blessed by the sun and wilders staying grounded where he is
>>
>>18353548
Notice how the USA flag is over Europe.
>>
Judgement is spelt wrong.

Just saying.
>>
>>18353548
>the star
Moby - We are all made of stars
>>
the tower: is showing the collapse of the catholic church, martin luther's letter nailed to the door. behind it, the army of communists and christians willing to fight for their religion.

judgement: donald trump is sitting as the king of north america with his scepter in his LEFT hand and an orb with a 3 pronged crown, not cross on it. i believe it symbolises rise in monarchy like rule and he will be the one bringing judgment to the people through his rule (it will be using the left hand path).

the world: depicting egypt with theater masks and dualistic personality (happiness and suffering,possibly having to do with ancient mk programming secrets), greece with the ancient books from the library of alexandria, and i believe this 3rd building is representing rome its paintings and hidden symbolism. i believe its saying it will be or is exposed to the world to those with enough light to see. the world is bringing it all together

(Cont)
>>
>>18357776
the hermit: while the world (north america) is breaking apart, the hermit tands above on a cliff watching the mobs of people marching ahead in protests. all for different reasons but marching in the same direction. the hermit is a card of individual isolation and contiplation away from the crowd, trying to see from a different perspective.

death: nuclear warfare as well as biological (use of mosquitos to spread disease), drought, famine, non fertile land, the setring sun in the backround. the death card in tarot represents a sort of rebirth. letting one chapter close in order to open another.

the magician: using 3d printing to make affordable big houses for all. the magician being stuck in a virtual reality, not seeing what is really infront of them, but living vietually. the sun behind him like a halo, the scepter in the RIGHT hand and symbol for eternity above him. obviously they are trying to make the step towards transhumism a positive one where man can have everything and live eternity. the magician in tarot is claiming your power through awareness to bring about your wants and needs, which seems like the opposite of this card.
>>
>>18357782
the wheel of fortune: angela merkle (germany) xhristian demoxratic union, Marine Le Pen (france) national-conservative political party , and Geert Wilders? (nederlands) far right. merkel in red, red signaling danger. are these ballot boxes? note the red soil and what looks like a moon in a yellow backround. could this be off planet? not sure how to decipher this one im not entirely sure on the political connection all 3 bring, but can speculate. fate seems to not be in favor of angela merkel, or is this signaling her fate to the world? the moon above the french politician may symbolize some sort of coven and ritual doings? another user noted that the world is moving towards a more right wing conserative governments while democracy is heading out, i agree.the wheel of fortune signals changes of fate, it doesnt seem to be a sturdy wheel either.

the star: this card is shown with the faces of many people or children. it seems they alm have dark hair. are they the seeds of another planet? maybe the seeds of mars. check out the theories revolving the seeds of martian refugees taking lands that were promised ( this explains the refugee crisis in europe to some extent). or are these seeds we are trying to plant off planet? the star card in tarot is looking towards hope after dark moments in life.

(End)

This was taken from a similar thread on a different site.
>>
>>18357660
nice, how'd everyone else miss that
>>
File: 1448744090753.jpg (36KB, 300x528px)
1448744090753.jpg
36KB, 300x528px
>>18353548

I'll take a shot at this

>Tower
Conflict in the catholic church between the commie elements and traditionalist elements

>Judgement
No one has any idea what a Trump presidency will be like. In 8 years there might be mars colonies and 4% GDP growth, or we might be the next Germanistan.

>The Hermit
Trump will withdraw from TTP, and renegotiate NAFTA. Nationalism, isolationist foreign policy, and economic protectionism are on the rise.

>Meme magician
3D printing and virtual reality headsets

>Wheel of fortune
Gert Widers, Marion Le Penn, and Angela Merkel. EU might collapse, or might go full 1984.
>>
>>18353678
KEK is part of the Ogdoad, "Eightfold". Eight is the number of cards, 8 is the sign of infinity on the Magician card, and 8-pointed stars feature on another card.
>>
File: 1473556187934.jpg (60KB, 960x960px)
1473556187934.jpg
60KB, 960x960px
>>18354134
Similarly the 2000s decade didn't start til Jan 1, 2000. But the era didn't really start til sep 11, 2001. Depends how you view it. Just the numbers, or the meaning.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.