[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superb Horror films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1474219931317.jpg (79KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1474219931317.jpg
79KB, 1080x810px
Planning to watch a great Horror film,but an actual horror film,something with truly disturbing shit,amazing suspense and none of that cheap jump scare bullshit, throw in some recommendations?
>>
A Tale of Two Sisters
I saw the Devil
Memories of Murder (more of a thriller, Serial Killer theme)
Martyrs (french version)
>>
Looking for something with a real atmosphere of dred,something that would make me feel really uncomfortable
>>
>>18350079
>>18350088
Sorry but when it comes to horror movies 98% of them are shit.
>>
>>18350093
Then name me the 2% you radcat
>>
>>18350099
The 2% do not fit your description.
>>
>>18350088
Martyrs and A Tale of Two Sisters are stories with paranormal elements and WTF.. "elements".. I don't wanna spoil anything. Just watch the fuckers.
>>
>>18350101
What are they then?
Just give me names
>>
>>18350102
Which one of the two would you recommend more?
Since I might not have time to watch them both
>>
>>18350104
I could do that but I'm going to choose not to.

Have a good day, sir.
>>
>>18350112
Okay then
Is the movie woman in black as good as the other movies reccomanded here?
>>
>>18350106
Personally, A Tale of Two Sisters. It's South Korean, so if you don't like subtitles then you might not like it.

Martyrs is more hardcore violence with a storyline.
>>
>>18350115
Woman in Black is 4/10
Martyrs is 8/10
A Tale of Two Sisters, 9.5/10
Memories of Murder, 10/10
>>
Dean Koontz's Intensity
You might have to buy it on amazon or something. It was a made-for-tv movie back in 1997. This is probably the most disturbing movie I've ever seen, mostly because it's realistic. I still cringe inside every time I see that actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyTA3qt4Jeo
>>
>>18350085
Martyrs is horror now, in that case it's a 2 out of 10 horror
>>
File: the_thing.jpg (204KB, 568x885px) Image search: [Google]
the_thing.jpg
204KB, 568x885px
>>18350079
"The Thing" 1982 (I haven't seen the newer one). The 1982 version was the perfect blend of paranoid, psychological, suspenseful terror combined with mind blowing ultra gore.

After I saw it, I was afraid to eat any food not from a can or let my dog sleep on my bed for a month.
>>
[REC] 1 and 2 are pretty good.

3 is a side story and fucks everything up
4 is a sequel to 2 and 3 (sort of) and is just as bad as 3.
>>
>>18350079
>>18350088
Silent Rage (1982) has a light sci-fi element set in a realistic setting and is extremely good at creating a feeling of intense suspense. the soundtrack is amazing and the story line is good.
>>
>>18350088
The Witch. It provides a disturbing atmosphere and it feels like you're watching something you shouldn't be.
>>
>>18350259
Agree completely.

The Thing is probably one of my all time favorites, the effects where made just right as to be wild as shit without becoming cheesy and dumb like alot of new films.
>>
File: 004GRD_Clea_DuVall_012.jpg (75KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
004GRD_Clea_DuVall_012.jpg
75KB, 852x480px
>>18350088
The grudge
>>
>>18350079
The Others (pretty genius plot and story)
>>
>>18350259
I liked the newer "The Thing" about the same as I liked the original, and they are both among my favorite movies. BTW if you watch the newer one and then the older one, its one contiuous story.
>>
REC 1/2 are both good

What are your guys opinions on 'don't breathe'
Watched it with some friends drunk
>good fun
>terrible movie
>>
>>18350085
>Martyrs (french version)
I've had so many people recommend me this film but does it acutally have legit scares? I mean torture scenes are just painful for me to watch and don't do much else.
>>
>>18350088
THE POUGHKEEPSIE TAPES
>>
Eraserhead
>>
>>18354163
Was just about that say that
>>
Event Horizon is fucked up.

The Mist (the Stephen King one) is amazin. One of the few films that can imprint a real lovecraftian sense of horror.
>>
Rosemary's Baby is exactly that kind of horror.
>>
>>18350079
Earthlings
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.