[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haunted Trees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: haunted-tree[1].jpg (31KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
haunted-tree[1].jpg
31KB, 300x231px
I have an abnormal tree in my neighborhood, any input?

>Off dirt road near my rural neighborhood
>Tree appears dead, no leaves
>Only tree in the area with ivy, covered completely in ivy
>Always full of buzzards, hundreds of them
>This "dead" tree has been like this for 25 years at least without decaying
>Looks out of place and makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>18349281
ITT spooky tree. Lol
For real though we have an old hanging tree where in from. Its pretty freako
>>
>>18349281
Some trees can be alive while appearing dead, and some types of wood might last for a while after death. The bristlecone pine can survive when parts of it die, enabling it to live thousands of years with only a small portion of itself actually living. The yew tree is toxic, preventing many types of fungi and disease from infecting it. It is also able to survive splitting under its own weight. Yew trees can supposedly survive for centuries, and the dead parts might be able to resist rot.
>>
>>18349310
>I have never seen a single leaf on it.
>No other trees have ivy on them
>Buzzards prefer this tree and perch on it in the hundreds
>>
>>18349313
Is it out in the open? Is it by a road? It might be a good area for buzzards to find dead animals like roadkill. Can you find what kind of tree it is? I don't think yew trees are the only ones that make substances to prevent disease.
>>
>>18349322
Next to a dirt road. Rarely traveled. Lots of abandoned trailers around.
>>
>>18349340
Any other trees or covering near it? Is there a source of water nearby?
>>
>>18349345
Yea, normal temperate forest around it. 500ft from the nearest lake.
>>
>>18349352
How close? Is there space around it besides the road?
>>
File: Tree Shapes.png (874KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
Tree Shapes.png
874KB, 1366x728px
>>18349369
Also, is it shaped like any of the things in the picture?
>>
>>18349369
5ft from the dirt road

>>18349394
Most of the branches are concentrated on the upper third
>>
File: Tree Shapes.png (844KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
Tree Shapes.png
844KB, 1366x728px
>>18349424
Sort of like this, maybe?
>>
>>18349432
Thinner trunk, but yea
>>
>>18349441
I think it's an oak tree; supposedly they can last years without rotting. the longer parts of its limbs probably broke off over the years. Buzzards might be attracted to it because it's relatively close to a water source and next to an open area, letting them fly to it easier and possibly see prey.
>>
>>18349457
Pic related.
>>
File: 1479616480001.jpg (189KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1479616480001.jpg
189KB, 1300x866px
>>18349487
>>
>>18349394
Second from the left. THAT'S the tree that raped me!
>>
File: limp wrist tutu.jpg (16KB, 169x320px) Image search: [Google]
limp wrist tutu.jpg
16KB, 169x320px
>>18349281
Appears you may have a homosexual tree on your hands
Notice how the way it leans over seems similar to the hand of a limp wristed faggot making a sassy gesture?
Yup thats a gay tree my friend.
Keep your pants pulled up tight.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.