[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Define "enlightenment." Please be specific.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_neugw6vYJS1r2767mo1_1280.jpg (81KB, 566x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neugw6vYJS1r2767mo1_1280.jpg
81KB, 566x720px
Define "enlightenment."
Please be specific.
>>
>>18347223
Really internalising the lack of any meaningful separation between you and everything else.
>>
>>18347223
you're asking to be specific about something that's different for every person, but I believe enlightenment is just unfiltered, unbiased perception of the universe from outside of your own consciousness/existence.
>>
d
o
g
e
>>
>>18347241
doge ≥ enlightenment
>>
>>18347223
YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT AND THAT PICTURE IS **************CANCER**************.

SHOOT YOURSELF.
>>
>>18347223
understanding that all this bullshit you read on /x/ is bullshit and your life begins outside with other people.
>>
File: guul.jpg (107KB, 564x534px) Image search: [Google]
guul.jpg
107KB, 564x534px
You were.
>>
schizophrenia is enlightenment

try spelling both words backwards.
>>
>>18348813
tnemnethgilne si ainerhpozihcs
>>
>>18347223
Perception. Or suffering. But more commonly, take your pick from these meanings;
Schizophrenia
Literally nothing
Some kind of magic fantasy god thing that has nothing to do with me, surely
Drugs
Mental illness
Lies
Insanity
Love and/or lust
Being forsaken
>>
>>18347223
Actually the pic should be:

In the center, I(Am), leads to 'Love', leads to Feel/See(as feeling)/Do(passive intent), leads to Understand(subconscious comprehension), leads to See(as sense)/Do(active intent), leads to Speak(expression of intent), leads to Understand(conscious comprehension).

Enlightenment is when you as a First Person View becomes a 3rd Person View, in all ways, permanently(allowing you to see the essence, intent and structure of everything).

*feeling something* becomes "The I(am) is feeling something", no longer *feeling* but "feeling".
Good is no longer *good*, its just "good"(a view).
Bad is no longer *bad*, its just "bad"(a view).
Doing is no longer *doing*, its just "doing"(an action).

The Universe is no longer *everything*, its is just a "universe"(an everything).

Inside there is Emptiness, outside there is Everything.
Outside there is Emptiness, inside there is Everything.
Outside is Inside, Inside is Outside.
Everything is Possible, Everything is Impossible.
Nothing is Possible, Nothing is Impossible.
You are in Control of Everything, Everything is in control of You.
You Exist, You do not Exist.
You do not Exist, You Exist.
You are The Universe, The Universe is not You.
You are not The Universe, The Universe is You.

I Am, I Am Not,
I Am not "I Am",
I Am.

If you are able to understand or feel whats behind these example then congrats, you have a chance for "enlightenment".
If not then it will sound like a bullshit to you, if you do want a chance then you need to rebuild your whole foundation from 0.
>>
>>18347223
An english term referring to the obtaining of wisdom used as a blanket term for multiple cultural phenomena.
>>
>>18349211

>Drops trousers in middle of room and procedes to evacuate entire contents of colon onto floor.
>"If you disapprove, it's only because you don't understand."
>"And if you think I'm wrong, it's only because everything else you believe is wrong."
>so enlitnmnt.
>>
>>18349463
You need a solid foundation built with and out of the correct approach to reach "enlightenment".
Otherwise what you reach is insanity, or in your case, retardation and stupidity which you just displayed in your reply.
>>
>>18348829

t. unenlightened pessimist
>>
>>18349494

howzat?

You're not wrong. Currently. In this post you're making sense but only by stating the obvious. Yes, you need to fundamentals of any subject to grasp the advanced stuff. What I was mocking was the way you drop the supposed fundamentals in front of everyone then expect them to take them as axiomatic. And no one can progress unless they do. That's neither "retardation" nor "stupidity"; it's a perfectly reasonable level of skepticism with which to approach the anal deposit you've left on the floor.

Notice I've not even attacked any of the points you made in your first post? I haven't declared an opinion there, only on your irrational insistence that people need to believe you're able to provide them with enlightenment before you can show them the way. You respond with knee-jerk hostility to the very suggestion that you should actually have to back up your scribblings.
>>
>>18349748
Hey, I'm not here to show the way, nor telling them to take it in.

>If you are able to understand or feel whats behind these example then congrats, you have a chance for "enlightenment".
>If not then it will sound like a bullshit to you, if you do want a chance then you need to rebuild your whole foundation from 0.

It points to, if you have understood whats behind those examples I just dropped there from the manner I have dropped them (or at least feel something there, but cannot grasp it yet), then you're probably/most likely close to the right approach. Meaning, there is a chance for reaching the "enlightenment".
Nothing wrong with giving those people a confirmation. Some are close to the right approach but too unsure to begin solidifying their understanding of it and to test and confirm it.
To all the others I just gave an advice, which they will most likely ignore, I cannot change their view on the universe nor teach them a whole foundation, it is their experience, all I can do is give a small example to how it works and then leave it with an advice for their subconsciousness.
Then maybe one day some time in the future that advice will somehow help them on the subconscious or maybe even conscious level.

>You need a solid foundation built with and out of the correct approach to reach "enlightenment".
>Otherwise what you reach is insanity, or in your case, retardation and stupidity which you just displayed in your reply.

Had to be said after your reply otherwise some of those who read what I said as a confirmation, after reading your message, would get a 'mood' change leading to loss of the feeling(/slight grasp) of 'something' expressed in the text you've humorously replied to.
>>
File: OM6.jpg (17KB, 250x341px) Image search: [Google]
OM6.jpg
17KB, 250x341px
In Trika Saivism more generally known as Kashmir Shaivism it is Turyatita which is the 7th state of Turya. It is to experience bliss constantly during conditioned consciousness, dreaming, unconsciousness and after death.
>>
>>18347223
To learn that which is unknown to you
>>
When one single sun rises in the east, we can see how much light is there. Here, in this enlightenment, the entire space becomes sun. What would be the radiance? What would be the light? This is sometimes identified with what Patanjali calls, in his sutras, savikalpa samadhi – a penultimate state of union with the Absolute.

In the last state, which is called turiya, there is none to behold this radiance. The beholder becomes the radiance itself. The radiance beholds the radiance; the sun sees the sun, and there is only the sun. The entire space-time complex that you call as existent, as the causative factor of the universe, becomes one mass of indescribable radiance, not of physical light, electrical light, nor even sunlight, but consciousness-light. In that last stage, which is the seventh, nobody is there to behold it, because the beholder has become the very thing which is to be beheld. This is the Absolute-Experience.

Here is the pinnacle of enlightenment, and you will not know what happens to you at that time. People ask questions, "What happens after enlightenment?" Nobody will be there to ask a question like that. No person will be existing at that time. Yet, it is said in the scriptures that the body of such a person may continue to exist for some time. It does not mean that he will die immediately.

The belief is that in this state of total absorption in consciousness-light, a person physically cannot live for more than two weeks, sometimes three weeks. The body will be shed then.
>>
Enlightenment is subjective, you'll get dozens of different answers.
>>
>>18347223
Existence. It's all you need.
>>
>>18347223
Un-addicting yourself.
>>
>>18349211
Full of shit.
>>
For me it is the realisation of the idea, that you create your own reality.
>>
>>18347223
this picture fails to encompass the most basic aspect of enlightenment, which is that there is no I. Nor is there a (You). everything exists relative to everything else as part of a continuous cycle. reaching enlightenment is the step from understanding this to truly knowing this, thereby recognizing all the connections of the universe.
>>
>>18353593
What's the difference between being punched and seeing someone else get punched?
>>
>>18347223
>filename
Well first you have to get off tumblr and spend some time on a real website.
>>
>>18353664
(sorry for the upcoming word vomit, i havent slept in a good 24 hours and im entirely powered by caffeine and adderal)
there is none. youre caught up on ego and identity. thats why most religions that seek enlightenment, like hinduism and buddhism, practice (theoretically) complete nonviolence.
this might be a bit of a long post, and im not super clear on all my facts, but this is the general gist. conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only recycled. if this is true, which we can more or less safely assume it is, then nothing since the beginning of the universe is actually new. since im arguing from a scientific point, we'll assume that the beginning of our universe was the big bang, during which every component of our universe exploded out of a tiny compact space. the big bangs estimated to have occurred about 13.7 billion years ago. pairing this with conservation of energy, nothing truly "new" can have been created in that time; everything we see is just a mix or a remix of existing ingredients colliding with each other. thats where that cheesy tumblr quote about people being "born of stardust" comes from. its technically true, because part of our anatomy consists of debris from exploding stars that hit the Earth billions of years ago and contributed to its structure.
to tie it back in; if you and i are made from the same materials, and bound to return to the same materials (ashes to ashes, dust to dust and all that ties in here too), then whats the difference between someone punching you and someone punching me? the pain we feel is just a self-preserving signal from our brains trying to keep us alive. eventually we will die, decompose into the soil, and become fuel for the rest of the planet, constantly recycled into infinite different forms.
i hope thats an acceptable answer. like i said, im sort of running on fumes, so i kind of rambled at the end
>>
>>18351024
This.
>The elements of chemistry are many, but finite. >So too, are the methods of enlightenment.
>>
Buzzword used by unaccomplished NEETs
>>
>>18356950
yeah, the buddha was really unaccomplished.
>>
>>18347223
Stop making this thread you idiot. Peace and pot.
>>
>>18348810
I heard a noise in my head when I enlarged that image
>>
You will know when you are enlightened and there is nothing you can do to perceive the concept with just words .
If this was the case everyone would be saved and enlightened .
There are many pathways to enlightenment .
>>
I was never enlightened but I have a autism that sometimes makes me feel a glimpse of it. You are somebody but your kind of like a sub topic. I'm made of other living things, but why are they not considered individuals. In the same way the earth is something and I am in it.
>>
>>18358656
>In the same way the earth is something and I am in it.

Let me correct you a little,
> In the same way the universe is something and I am in it, on something called 'planet earth', which is a different type of something just like the Universe, I and Everything else.

Correct :)
>>
>>18347223
The act to bring light

people often confused with the act to bring sound because they can't perceive light

it really makes you think I mean the most important deity in each culture is usually related to the sun or lighting or shit like that

Unfortunately those kind of people always think they know everything
>>
As far as I've experienced, I assume enlightenment to mean this:

Awareness of the nature of reality and how one is positioned in it
>>
>>18359523
and how do you think thats done?
>>
>>18357430
But he was a neet
>>
>>18347859
Hey, aren't you the same guy who really hates trap threads?
>>
>>18353761
Don't you just shed your lower ego and then make a bigger more "enlightened" one out of your experience though?

I would think it is impossible to completely and honestly get rid of your ego, sice unless you physically or mentally (catatonic) die then some part of you is still linked to your body, and hence you have an ego (of course there comes a point where you can manipulate this ego to the point where it is negligible, kinda like the monk self immolation thing.)
>>
>>18359523
Hyper Awareness of everything and everyone comes after that.
>>
>>18347223
Enlightennent is a fictional concept people use to explain why they are better than you. It is nothing more than a of bait on a string. No such thing. I have been enlightened to the fact that the quest for enlightenment is a pipedream and a gambit.
>>
>>18360421
Obviously not if the ego wasn't necessary evolution would have gotten ridden of it
>>
>>18360437
Sucks to be you.
>>
>>18360438
Although in truth theres not such a thing as ego
>>
>>18360442
That's what you think bucko. You're on a wild-goose chase from hell, you'll understand when you get older.
>>
>>18360437
What if its real but theres so much bullshit written about it no one can figure it out?
>>
>>18360480
Keep searching then. The Truth has found me and I have no need to search anymore.
>>
>>18360485
Same here
>>
>>18347223
Enlightenment is finding self affirmation, balance and harmony with continuous growth past the existential truth of our nothingness and meaninglessness in the cosmos. It is fulfilling personal growth of self mastery. Finding THE will after the will to nothing, and realizing that god nor any other being has ever existed and looking into the void. Everything perceived is through the head, nothing else we can ever feel pr experience, god and the delusion of any other power than your own will is an illusion created the end the suffering of being inside the body, but body alone is what we are so suffering and pain is just as false as the gods we place above ourselves. Each one of us taking no responsibility of being the only infinate creator that matters. Step outside the matrix and peer through the lens of the only objective truths that exsist in a world of subjective excuses to nothing.
>>
There is only derealization and disconnection from reality and it is killing me...
>>
>>18360849
O thats not a problem the problem is when people who are desensitized and disconnected from reality think they are not and actually go on and kill everything good in the world
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.