[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defense and Removal weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: drin_k_s on us.jpg (2MB, 4500x2532px) Image search: [Google]
drin_k_s on us.jpg
2MB, 4500x2532px
/k/ here, not here to fight with any of you though (that I know of).

What sort of weaponry can be useful in defense and removal of the supernatural, ayyss, witches, ghosts, giant meat monsters and what ever else could kill the average person?

I'm thinking extremely large caliber rifles and/or large gauge shotguns for the most part. Maybe some diverse projectile materials?

I am open to almost any "exotic" ideas though,
>like flamethrowers for instance.
But I am mainly hoping to learn how to make projectile weapons effective, getting into a melee with vampires and werewolves does not sound ideal and would only want to do it if I had no other choice.
>>
>>18346885
Silver bullets.
>>
File: 7290_edited-1.jpg (56KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
7290_edited-1.jpg
56KB, 283x400px
>>18346892

This

Also pic related if you can get a hold of them.

Spooks also hate fire so a flame thrower would be great. Or perhaps incendiary bullets and lay some gasoline traps
>>
>>18346907
>Spooks
hol up, you mean to say ghosts are afraid of flame?

Why?
>>
A sharp stick covered in white ashes worked for me.
>>
>>18346885
For /x/ related removals, you want large and slow bullets. Rounds like 12 gauge slugs, .30-06, fuddy five, and .45-70. The reason you want large rounds is because you need to start infusing them with anti-supernatural elements. Additionally, supernatural enemies are tough enough to kill, it's "go big or go home" in this case, so get the biggest ghost gat you can find and get ready to do some work.

Basically, you want to buy HPs of these rounds, then bore out the round with a drill. Don't go all the way through, you idiot, but make the hollow point nice and deep.

Next, you can fill it with various compounds depending on what you want to remove that day. White ash can be mixed with glue, and then spread into the hollow point. Like I said, the bigger to hole in the tip is, the better your rounds will fare since they can hold more stuff.

You can fit a few drops of holy water and cap it over with some glue as well, should hold long enough for the round to impact a target.

Finally, casting bullets with pure silver, or filling the hollow points with pure silver flakes suspended in glue is another good way to go.
>>
>>18346951

I was referring to the physical variety for ghosts you will have to use religious weaponry.

>>18346987 this guy sounds like a professional spook hunter, I would listen to him
>>
File: 6iqZLHU[1].jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6iqZLHU[1].jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>18346885
I've head alternatively on /k/ that 7.62 REAL FUCKING NATO and 5.56 are superior to other similar rounds for the supernatural (something about NATO rounds I guess??).
>anyone know anything about this?

>>18346954
>>18346987
What's the deal with white ash? Where does its use originate?

>>18346954
Please tell the story.
>>
>>18347008
there is no story you fucking idiot jesus christ this is why /x/ is so awful now
>>
>>18347008

Stick guy here. I literally had no idea that it was a thing until I saw the other guy respond to this thread. I got the idea because my woods thing was afraid of dead campfires.
>>
>>18347008

As briefly as possible, I had (and may still have) a thing in my woods that would come out when it was cold and eat my animals. It had been out there for as long as I had been at the house, which was basically my entire life. It started to get worse after I inherited the house, so I decided to try to kill it. I'm not sure as of right now if I succeeded, this was last year and it's just starting to get cold again.

I made myself some makeshift armor out of a bunch of thrift shop leather jackets stitched together with the expectation that it would maul the shit out of me, which it did. But it retreated after I stabbed it, and I didn't have any problems from it for the rest of the season.

I wouldn't recommend this, but it worked for me.
>>
>>18347008
>>18347017
White ash is symbolic of the purifying nature of fire. It is used in many different situations to ward off evil or bad spirits. It's a good general use item when combatting unknown supernatural entities, as it works together with other offensive or defensive weapons to protect the user. If your foe is supernatural, the white ash will do most of the damage. If your foe is just a regular person or animal, the bullets or stake coated in the ash will hurt them instead. Silver is essentially the same, although entities hurt by silver won't be hurt by white ash. Silver may hurt entities who are also hurt by white ash, due to the purifying and sterilizing nature of silver in mythology.

/k/ doesn't really buy into the supernatural side of stuff like this, so if you ask them what to take with you, they'll say 7.62 NATO or 5.56 because it can kill things dead. If you're unsure what you're going up against, I'd recommend rounds impregnated with either silver or white ash. Never hurts to be a little cautious. Neither white ash nor silver will make meat inedible, so you can hunt with those rounds too. 5.56 is a little small to drill out, but it is possible. 7.62 NATO is a decent round, and essentially equivalent to .30-06 (though I think .30-06 is slower).
>>
File: split-bullets-3a[1].jpg (79KB, 721x481px) Image search: [Google]
split-bullets-3a[1].jpg
79KB, 721x481px
>>18347051
/k/ had some neat ideas once in a /k/emistry thread. Rounds made of or full of potassium, since once exposed to the moisture inside a body, it would violently explode.

There were some other explosive bullet ideas based on reacting to the moisture inside a penetrated target.

Would a skinwalker die from severe physical trauma?
>>
dip tip of blade/bullet in holy water
>>
>>18347079
It's a good idea, but the amount of metal you'd be working with wouldn't really make that much of a difference. Those metals are far too soft to be complete bullets, so you'd have to case then in some sort of jacket or something to fire them. At this point, you start to lose reliability because the jacket may not separate in the desired manner once it enters the target. Finally, the amount of water it would have access too is fairly limited. Alkali metals do react explosively with water, but tissue (especially tissue exposed by a GSW) wouldn't have enough freely available H2O to cause any significant reaction to occur. To maximize the effect, you'd want to use Francium as it is the most reactive. Unfortunately, buying francium is another story:

>The most expensive natural element is francium. Although francium occurs naturally, it decays so quickly that it cannot be collected for use. Only a few atoms of francium have been produced commercially, so if you wanted to produce 100 grams of francium, you could expect to pay a few billion US dollars for it
>http://chemistry.about.com/od/elementfacts/f/What-Is-The-Most-Expensive-Element.htm
>>
>>18347079
Problem is you can cut potassium with a butter knife.
>>
>>18347268
Seal it up in silicone or a thin copper/brass skin?
>>
File: 761[1].png (436KB, 691x487px) Image search: [Google]
761[1].png
436KB, 691x487px
>>18347079
>/k/ had some neat ideas once in a /k/emistry thread. Rounds made of or full of potassium
>potassium is K on the periodic table
DEUS VULT!
>>
>>18346885
>bless the weapon
>bless the rounds
>practice
>pray

Spiritual armor and weaponry is no joke.
>>
>>18347373
But which blessings do you believe are correct and why?

Do you have anything close to evidence that your choice of blessing is correct? Even a testimonial that X used Y blessing to kill Z demon/monster?

Secondly, does this blessing and praying help against normal human adversaries in your opinion?
>>
Salt

Throw it at shit as a weapon; no need for say, shotgun shells loaded with salt. Velocity doesn't seem to matter here.

Create lines of it for barriers.

Best supernatural repellent around
>>
>>18347401
Why?
>>
>>18347401
>no need for say, shotgun shells loaded with salt
But it's cool as shit
>>
>>18346885
Salt garlic and holy water or water blessd with pure intention yw.
>>
Gee OP, you sound spooked. Would be useful if some of the Diviners or occultists here gave you some help.
>>
A silver sword / dagger needs to be blessed
not sure where you can get weapons blessed though
>>
>>18347438
Yeah, I can't exactly imagine going to my local parish and asking the priest to bless my totally-not-for-killing weapon. It's just a collectible and a symbol of my devotion, I swear!
>>
Tell us about the Evergreen.
>>
>>18347449
If you wanted to do this, I'd just try it anyways.

I can imagine them asking "why", but then just say "please, I just really need this blessed"... at worst they say no, but I think the odds are in your favor of getting it blessed.
>>
>>18347748
.... or just make up some story about it belonging to a now-deceased relative, and they always got it blessed or something.
>>
>>18347712
Bump
>>
File: 4gaugeshottie.jpg (331KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4gaugeshottie.jpg
331KB, 1024x768px
>grab one of pic related
>cast silver slugs
>point it at supernatural creature
>profit
>>
>>18346885
dip the bullets in pigs blood
>>
File: 1474690671921.png (241KB, 1009x684px) Image search: [Google]
1474690671921.png
241KB, 1009x684px
>>18346885
Pic related.

Shotgun shells with silver and/or iron shot.

Teflon water gun/spray bottle filled with consecrated acid.

Silver knife. Steel/iron knife.

Iron/steel and/or silver caltrops.

Silver/iron shot and/or blessed salt to throw.

Peach wood sword.

I've spent too much time thinking of this, lemme see if I can find my list.
>>
>>18349594
Peach wood pieces to throw.

Tons of crucifixes/rosaries to put everywhere.

Rowan staff.

Shield. Most physical spooky things don't use bullets.
>>
>>18346951
Well, traditionally, fire is cleansing both ethereally and physically.
>>
>>18349594
>graveyard dirt

There's nothing holy about that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 801x1528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 801x1528px
5On the next day, their rulers and elders and scribes were gathered together in Jerusalem; 6and Annas the high priest was there, and Caiaphas and John and Alexander, and all who were of high-priestly descent. 7When they had placed them in the center, they began to inquire, “By what power, or in what name, have you done this?” 8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers and elders of the people, 9if we are on trial today for a benefit done to a sick man, as to how this man has been made well, 10let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by this name this man stands here before you in good health. 11“He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. 12“And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
>>
>>18347748
>>18347755
Or just say that you think it may be haunted, possessed, etc, and you need it cleansed and blessed to prevent further possession.
>>
>>18349614
I don't think I mentioned graveyard dirt? Though it might help "seal" things by symbolizing a burial or something. A lead pig would work for that too, if it was purely symbolic.
>>
>>18349763
Wait, sorry, forgot that was an ingredient in the Inferno. Oops.
>>
>>18349763
I was talking about the pic, anon.

Seriously though, messing with graveyard is fucking dangerous.
>>
>>18349779
>>18349768
Graveyard dirt against spooks is more of a Voodoo practice. Look up Goofa Dust, it is basically the /x/ equivalent of pocket sand.
>>
>>18346885
Alright nigga, I'm gonna throw you a bone here and not be one of these roleplay faggots. Anything that any weapon will work on can be killed with a gun using standard ammunition. All this "Oh man but you have to use silver" or "You've gotta say 30 prayers to YHVH over your bullets" is a load of shit.

There are fundamentally two types of paranormal phenomena: Physical and non-physical. The shit you can shoot is physical and therefore bound to the same kinds of physical laws that anything else is. A human who eats people is still just a human. Pop him in the head and he's done. Some shit, like hoodoo "zombies" (people drugged to the fucking hills and back) might be pretty durable due to how totally fucked their brain is but if they have no heart of brain stem they'll die just the same. It's also worth noting that physical paranormal phenomena are by far the rarest type, even if you go looking for it you'll likely not find any.

Now, for non-physical types you might as well just not have a weapon at all. Most of these are egregores of some kind, thoughtform type shit that can just generally be seen as "spirits" of you don't want to crack open a few grimoires and read further into it. Generally these are harmless, but if you want some kind of protection I'd suggest finding an egregore that protects people and keeping some symbols of it on you. This can be whatever god you want, or it can be a guardian angel, a saint, whatever. The protection they provide is very real but the effectiveness can vary based on the chosen subject and what it's supposed to be protecting you from. If, for some reason, you encounter some kind of pissed-off "spirit" and despite your multitude of crucifixes it won't fuck off, try to find out what it is and read up on it. Most of these things have an inbuilt weakness and they'll follow it since they're basically just a story brought to life by human mental energy.

That's it.
>>
File: 1478843774603.jpg (44KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1478843774603.jpg
44KB, 500x370px
>>18350238
I assure you I am not role-playing.

Are you saying you thing some physical beastie ala skinwalker isn't real? That is an understandable stance to take, very understandable.

But if skinwalkers do own the woods, I'd like to hedge my bets. The consecrated/concentrated acid and alkali metal munitions ITT understandably interest me, as does the flamethrower idea.

Getting this stuff seems difficult though.

As a sidenote, what non-human physical threats do you all believe exist? I personally think Lovecraft was, perhaps unintentionally, onto something in much of his lesser known works.
>>
>>18350260
>Are you saying you thing some physical beastie ala skinwalker isn't real?
I'm saying that, no matter which one you're describing (native or the /x/ version), should you somehow find one you can kill it with a gun. It's flesh and blood, it just might be a bit tougher than your typical human. If you really want it dead you could consider modifying the bullets themselves to increase their effectiveness against a fleshy target. It's not like you're gonna be eating it so you might as well just score the bullet so it breaks up on impact and shreds whatever it hits.
>what non-human physical threats do you all believe exist?
Personally I've never encountered anything that I didn't believe was some kind of thoughtform except a few things in my youth that I'm not quite sure I have accurate enough memories to categorize. However I have it on pretty good authority that there's more out there.
>>
>>18350238

Can't I just make the thoughtform equivalent of a shotgun and just shoot demons astrally ded?
>>
>>18350308
Another thoughtform entity possess the (presumably) sum total energy of 1 or more person. Unless you meditate and pray and cleanse and purify like crazy to build your energy. I doubt you'd be able to succeed.
>>
>>18350313
>>18350308
>real life spirit gun
Do Want
>>
>>18350260
If you're planning on using consecrated/blessed acid, you need to wear protective clothing. That stuff can splash/blow around. Also, might not be the best choice with others nearby. You'll need to watch out for the fumes, too. Wear a chemical-resistant hazmat suit if you have one, and if not wear chemical resistant gloves and goggles/gas mask. Might want to carry or cover yourself in baking soda to neutralize the acid. The more I think of this, the more improbable it sounds.
>>
>>18350719
Also, using acid instead of holy water was essentially hedging bets in case whatever you're up against isn't vulnerable to the "holy" part. Make sure to store the stuff in chemical-resistant containers, and replace when they lose strength.
>>
>>18350313
...What about Excalibur? Could weapons of legend be thoughtforms?
>>
>>18346885

Shotgun is going to be your go-to, since you can pull out the buckshot and use whatever filling is necessary for the annoying shit. Rock salt for incorporeals, silver for leeches and shifters. Anything that's physical, just dump slugs in to them until they fuck off or die. If that fails, semtex, c4, or the old standby of gunpowder in a pipe should do the trick.
>>
>>18347379
The blessing depends on you and your query. Your faith in what you are asking to bless your instuments must be strong. But you must also know what you are fighting has faith in. Or father fears as the case may be. It's equal parts spiritual and psychological. You gotta hit them with what scares them and what empowers you. Spook the spook as they say.
>>
File: 31442384.PIC28502.jpg (120KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
31442384.PIC28502.jpg
120KB, 800x600px
>>18346885
this usually kills things(and stuff)
>>
>>18351040
Too much collateral damage. May be illegal to own.
>>
>>18351051
"collateral damage"
"illegal"
what kind of monster hunter are you
>>
>>18351053
One who sees monster hunting as a method for preventing harm from coming to innocents?
>>
>>18347755
I feel like lying or being shifty about your intentions would sort of negate whatever blessing process is going on

Perhaps not enough conviction or some other whatsit.

Idk I aint a spook doctor
>>
>>18350308
Finally woke up, damn it was late when I posted the original reply.

Also no, that's not how that works. if you want to know why, go into that MEGA archive and read up on egregores.
>>18350313
>Unless you meditate and pray and cleanse and purify like crazy to build your energy.
Only one of those things would make any difference, and you wouldn't be able to do it anyway.
>>
>>18346885
fellow /k/ommando here, but also versed in this shit:

General rule: if you don't know what (of physical beings) you're gonna be killing, arm yourself with whatever will drop the biggest land animals. Think: safari type shit. .375 H&H type shit or larger.

This shit can kill the largest of land animals humanely (read: in the fewest shots, rapidly) and thus is your best bet for killing unknown animals (read: cryptids)

>ayy lmao
these have unknown physiology and technology. shoot'em with whatever you want, because no one here can tell you what kills them.

>witches
witches are normal humans. their advantage is magic. what beats magic is religion. religion is hard, though. consider it.

>ghosts
ghosts don't real. there are only demons. learn exorcism and git gud at religious observance.

>giant meat monsters
wut?

tl;dr for unknown animals .375 H&H is decent. for magical dumb shit that probably doesn't exist, apply jesus liberally.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (43KB, 308x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
43KB, 308x200px
>>18346885
flashlights with charged bulbs.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.