[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amityville horror house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What's /x/'s take on the Amityville Horror? Were the Lutzes just scammers?
>>
scam. them.and whats his name whi wrote the book. didnt one of them admit it at some point?
>>
I don't know. I was reading around and all I saw was an admission that some of it was 'embellished'.
>>
>>18347717
It was all a scam. They said that the whole thing was made over a few glasses of wine.
>>
>>18347723
Wow, good scam. I guess the only risk they took was not being able to sell the house. How much did they make?
>>
What I don't get is how Ronald (?) DeFeo was able to shoot his whole family...and the gunshots didn't wake anyone.

I mean, what's up with that?
>>
>>18347942
Wasn't it a .22? Maybe if he pressed the gun up on their head it would have been silent.
>>
>>18346865
a druggie son had a psychotic break and gunned down his whole family, then afterwards claimed "the voices" made him do it either from his actual deteriorated mental state or as a defense maneuver in court
Afterwards people bought the house and said it was haunted, more than likely for a quick shot at fame and money but the /x/ in me believes its probably haunted or at least spooky considering an entire family was killed there

I've also been to the lizze borden house, its probably just the history of the place and how the kept it all the same but its just creepy
>>
>>18347942
>>18347952
heavy sleepers, or he killed the parents first and the kids were to scared to do anything but hide in their beds
>>
>>18347952
No, it was a .35 Marlin lever-action rifle.

It would make a pretty good boom, and there were no pillows with holes or other evidence of makeshift silencers.

The only one who freaked out was the dog.
>>
It was an elaborate insanity plea.
>>
The best creepypasta ever written, before there was such a thing even. The book is great if you read is as horror fiction that's inspired by a true story, a must-read for haunted house afficionados.

The oldest son is also adamant that some stuff is true, only his father fucked around with black magic and couldn't contain his paranormal failures, which I find hilarious.
>>
>>18347942
Ronnie and his 18-year-old sister, Dawn, were in on it together. While one was doing the parents, the other was doing the kids. And then Ronnie double-crossed Dawn and shot her too. Whether that was part of his original plan or he just did it on the spur of the moment, who knows. As to OP's question, the Lutzes and Jay Anson invented the entire story, throwing in a few truthful details to give it verisimilitude (e.g., there really was a "Red Room" downstairs, but it wasn't anything like what they represented it to be--it was basically a closet; their young daughter really did see two coals from the fireplace reflected in the living room window at night, and was scared because she thought the reflection looked like two red eyes; etc.). None of the subsequent homeowners of 112 Ocean have ever reported any "supernatural" occurrences or weird happenings.
>>
>>18346887
Mr. Lutz testified in court that the story was a creative work, and was of product of his, and his ex-wife's imaginations. That same court ruled in their favor, and determined that they were the only ones entitled to claim ownership of the story.
>>
>>18347935
im not sure. The 18 year old sun killing the family before the one that moved in, is true. He did infact kill them and said that the voices told him to.
>>
>>18348816
He also was a heroin addict, kept asking if he could still claim his inheritance, and bragged over and over how he was going to "get off on insanity."
>>
>>18347935
If it was a scam why didnt they make anything off of it? They lost a shitload of money abandoning the house and Georges business and left everything behind to be sold by family friends later. Watch Danny Lutz and Chris' interviews and doc and youll understand what was going on during their time in that house.(Dan and Chris make no money at all off their revelations and do not plan to further pursue telling their story.)
>>
>>18351002
The book was a number 1 bestseller for awhile and the Lutz's and Anson still made next to nothing from it also. They made even less from the movie.
>>
>>18351002
>why didnt they make anything off of it?

Because they weren't as bright as they initially thought themselves to be.

>They lost a shitload of money abandoning the house

They were losing the house anyway. That's the reason they cooked up the story. It was a case of people getting in way over their heads financially, and looking for an easy way out, without losing everything in the process.

Literally everyone else who were said to be involved have stuck to a completely different, and much more mundane story than the one in the book. The Priest for example always maintained that he'd never actually been in the house, and barely knew the Lutzes at all. Considering that his alleged involvement was one of the more critical and interesting aspects of the story, this pretty much suggests that it was complete bullshit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.