[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pagan/ - Pagan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: spurdo-pagan2.png (108KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo-pagan2.png
108KB, 1270x1136px
Discuss your pagan beliefs, recommend pagan reading, share stories, and get to know other religions.
Let's try to be respectful here.
>>
I want to get into worshiping slavic pagan gods but there is literally nothing left about them apart from nu-age bullshit
>>
>>18342346
>It was always nu-age bullcrap.
This, since the 60's

>Wanting to revive the scant memories of dead religions

>>18342341
Maybe if you look back on why the "pagans" weren't proud enough to defend their original religion once sand nigger religion leeched into Europe...
>>
>>18342328
>Let's try to be respectful here.
>On 4chan
You must be new here
>>
>>18342341

Why you wanna do that tho?

>>18342346
Ho-kay

Asatraur here, mostly. I was raised Greek Orthodox and have been considering going back, for the the community.

It's really nothing special, Asatru. It's just living simply, humbly. Living how your ancestors probably would have wanted. When I say ancestor, I mean all of them. Grandpa included.

It's almost boring. Financial responsibility, a big emphasis on sensible choices.
>>
>>18342361

Oh I just looked at your image, OP. It's very true. So many other 'heathens' are just dudes with inferiority complexes jerking off to vikings. We can spot the fakers pretty easily.
>>
>>18342361
>Why you wanna do that tho?
Seems cool.

I'd figure I might as well stick to practising christanity. It's the closest thing to paganism, especially Catholicism
>>
>>18342386
This.

So this.

If any popefags can prove that Catholicism doesn't practice idolatry or believe in anything beyond God, I invite them to. Otherwise, they should stop acting like Jesus & Mary are Gods.
>>
>>18342395

I'm the orthodox asatru guy from above, I've never been to a catholic church but I think they are basically the same as Orthodox. Allow me to explain, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one entity, the divine Trinity, saying they are three different beings is highly incorrect, much the same as water, ice, and steam all being the same substance (h20).

As for the saints, and the angels, these are lesser beings. Angels are not worshipped the way we worship the Trinity, they are venerated as spiritual teachers and emissaries of Heaven. The Saints are all human beings, real life historically definitely alive flesh and blood totally normal mortal humans, who lived in a very holy manner. They are recognized as being closer to God than most people because of the choices they make and the way they live. They are in no ways 'gods' or even 'demigods'. They are people to study, learn from and look up to. They are also not worshiped.

Hope that helped.
>>
>>18342422
Not really; Orthodoxy is still far different from Catholicism in the way they venerate "lesser beings" because Catholics still make idols of even the saints & angels themselves. Yes, the Trinity's revered as one entity, but at the same time, there are also different cults in Catholicism that revere individual saints to the point that they're like Gods to them. While in the Orthodox church, they remain true to emphasizing the Trinity's glory, emphasizing the glory of St. Francis of Assissi in one cult & the Glory of Mary Magdalene in another.
>>
File: Christ Raised Border.jpg (27KB, 219x317px) Image search: [Google]
Christ Raised Border.jpg
27KB, 219x317px
>>18342445

When you say 'idols', are you talking about icons? We make those too. We invented them, actually. Pic related.
>>
>>18342458
Not specifically pictorial icons, but stone statue icons.

And no; the Romans invented the concept of statue icons for idolatry of Catholic saints. The mosaics & paintings were created by the Byzantines, however.
>>
>>18342465

You are aware the orthodox church precedes the catholic one? Look up what the word "orthodox" means.
>>
>>18342487
Yes, I'm well aware.

I'm also well aware that that Orthodox church is actually more true to the Christian faith than Catholicism in general.
>>
>>18342422
Greek orthodox here. The statement on the saints and the angels is true, but in theory. I have observed that in some cases Virgin Mary and local saints are actually worshiped, even if we christians are not using this term.
>>
>>18342522
Then both Catholics & Orthodox still act like pagans in the way they worship saints.

Sure beats protestants, though.

>Mormons
More like Morons!
>>
>>18342526
i think that every religion has its own "saint-y" figures which people "semi-worship". I believe that even though we like the idea of monotheism (one and only god), we actually need the "guidance" and "help" of lesser gods or heroes. The lesser gods of paganism transformed into angels and the heroes are transformed into saints in Christianity. One can find such parallelisms and in other religions, i believe.
>>
>>18342346
>>18342328
the issue with paganism is its a completely dead faith and there are really only two groups that push it, both severely misunderstand the "pagan" mindset as it is just so impossibly alien to their current heroic-materialist mode of thought.

there are historical reenactors who dig up all the symbols and dance along to the rituals with great accuracy, but these rituals have no meaning for them and provide no rapture, likewise the split between "real life" and "ritual life" is clear cut.

on the other hand you have progressive yuppies who equally misunderstand the pagan mind and rather imprint their own minds upon the pagan turning thew whole thing into a masturbatory endeavour.

if you want to understand how these people thought I'd say its better to sped time with modern "pagans" like Hindus

I'd argue that a sincerely religious Christian is far closer to pagans than any neo-pagans are.
>>
>>18342625

This is really so true. I'm probably going to rejoin the church this weekend for the first time in 6+ years. I've been pretty devoted to nordic heathenry but like you said, there is no rapture. There was some superficial feelings at the start but they didn't last. Now I've got tattoos that I'm a tad embarassed about.

What do you guys think are the spiritual repurcussions to getting pagan tat's and then going back to Christ? Is it gonna be ok, /x/?
>>
>>18342637
I'm not saying there can't be or that christianity is the only option

loads of Christians feel no rapture in their own rituals.

but people really need to push the boundaries more, bring about that "shamanic" experience of ego death and rebirth.

ironically the best "pagan" practice I know of today is Chaos Magic because it is something that is in tune with our space and time, rather than with a people so far in the past that in mind and body we are basically aliens to them.
>>
File: glandular case.jpg (149KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
glandular case.jpg
149KB, 1280x738px
>>18342458
Coined a new word for an old tradition, maybe. If you imply that Christianity is anything more than a synthesis of concepts that had already circulated for some time in the Greco-Roman world, you are either a half-wit or a liar. It's like McDonalds claiming they invented the hamburger.
>>
>>18342734

I never claimed any of that, but yeah that strawman you just built is a real liar.
>>
>>18342734
>>18342740

I meant the orthodox church was the first to make icons of Christian saints, and that icons have been part of the religion since the very start.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.