[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soul Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1478648329295.jpg (133KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
1478648329295.jpg
133KB, 447x335px
What is the relationship between the soul and the body and mind?

Is the body and mind dependent on the soul?

If one can induce a coma via full anaesthesia, and have a patient sleep without any dreams or feeling of passage of time; does that mean dreams are a purely physical phenomena? And to go further: is the spirit just a higher form of Physicality?

Does the body and mind give rise to the spirit?

If the body and mind have things they need to survive and thrive: what does the soul need?
>>
>>18341422
protip: twins research
>>
>>18341422
There's no such thing as a soul most likely, like all dualistic concepts their is an utter lack of evidence. The brain is made up of glial cells and neurons in a huge network, this networks functions can be thought of as the mind. It spontaneously generates consciousness through integration in the thalamus, the transient experience we are aware of at any one time. Essentially though it's just a big protein computer, most of who's mechanisms we have very little insight into from a conscious perceptive.

The souls a nice idea but abberations and trauma to cortical areas corresponds to a lack of function seen as a change in behaviour, this strongly suggests the brain produces cognition and behaviour. Resorting to dualism to explain the processes of the most complex organ and indeed most complex known formation of matter is simply redundant and reductionist.

/x/ will argue I'm a shill because their schizophrenia is left unchecked
>>
>>18341442
you have to go back.
>>
>>18341439
What am I looking for specifically there?
>>
>>18341442
>there is no evidence for the immaterial because we have not gathered any by this process that axiomatically denies the existence of the immaterial
>>
>>18341442
How many dimensions are you aware of?
>>
>>18341450
soul science and technology in human cloning and natural twins
>>
>>18341468
What can I expect to find?
>>
>>18341485
continuation of mengele; telepathy; soul stuff. weird shit mostly. i've readr mother child soul link also strong and findings are similiar to those with twins
>>
>>18341422
I study chinese medicine, I don't have time to explain it in detail right now.
But if you want to know how the chinese think about this stuff read "who can ride the dragon".
It explains some basics of chinese philosophy (in medicine and in general).

Don't know if it covers shén (mind or spirit depending on your translation) and the other spiritual stuff from the yin organs, but you could just google that if you can't find it in the book.
>>
File: cute-baby.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg (36KB, 838x559px) Image search: [Google]
cute-baby.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg
36KB, 838x559px
>>18341465
Just me, so far.
>>
>>18341442
>Resorting to dualism to explain the processes of the most complex organ and indeed most complex known formation of matter is simply redundant and reductionist
>redundant and reductionist

Fucking hell, doublespeak is alive and well. Fuck off back to /sci/ you total cunt. You have zero idea of what is happening in the interaction between spirit and matter. Leave it to the grown-ups.
>>
You want to know what's really scary? Is that they are all apart of each other, the mind is the body and the soul, the soul is the body and the mind, the body is the mind and the soul all existing within each other as one
>>
>>18341422
You didn't know, scientists are the ones that came up with the term soul. When they discovered the soul was bullshit and went onto developmental biology, some fucking whackos decided to take up the term soul and run with it.

In other words, all you fucking idiots are siding with the whackos that picked up a term that was thrown out by science
>>
>>18343108
mang, wtf are you talking about? xD (not ironic)
you ought to research some more
>>
>>18343164
>not realizing philosophers came up with the term
>not realizing philosophers were scientists back in the day
>not realizing the term 'soul' or 'essence' was eventually turned into genes and DNA
>>
>>18343108
>When they discovered the soul was bullshit and went onto developmental biology,

They saw the soul and the mind as the same.

Development biology disproved the mind?
>>
>>18343430
You are talkin about a topic that was being discussed back in the day. Not the actual answer they came up with that threw away the term. Once again, /x/'s interpretation skills do not surprise me
>>
>>18343108
>The Modern English word "soul", derived from Old English sáwol, sáwel, was first attested in the 8th-century poem Beowulf v. 2820 and in the Vespasian Psalter 77.50. It is cognate with other German and Baltic terms for the same idea, including Gothic saiwala, Old High German sêula, sêla, Old Saxon sêola, Old Low Franconian sêla, sîla, Old Norse sála and Lithuanian siela. Further etymology of the Germanic word is uncertain. The original concept is meant to be 'coming from or belonging to the sea/lake', because of the German belief in souls being born out of and returning to sacred lakes, Old Saxon sêola (soul) compared to Old Saxon sêo (sea).

Do go on with your bullshit.
>>
What is the relationship between the soul and the body and mind?
theyre all interconnected
Is the body and mind dependent on the soul?
not dependent

If one can induce a coma via full anaesthesia, and have a patient sleep without any dreams or feeling of passage of time; does that mean dreams are a purely physical phenomena? And to go further: is the spirit just a higher form of Physicality?
Are you talking about the spirit or soul?
If the body and mind have things they need to survive and thrive: what does the soul need?
Love
>>
>>18343793
To add on
>If one can induce a coma via full anaesthesia, and have a patient sleep without any dreams or feeling of passage of time; does that mean dreams are a purely physical phenomena?
Do you dream when you slam a bottle of vodka?
>>
>>18343812
With this analogy, you have to put In some thought yourself.

I'll put in the thought for you.
When you drink large amounts of alcohol or do large amounts of certain drugs and go to sleep, often times you don't remember your dreams, but they still happen. The same thing goes with anesthesia. Your dreams still happen.
>>
>>18343849
>Your dreams still happen.

(Not that anon)
As in we can record activity in the brain that matches what happens during a dream? I'm just determining how we can say dreams still happen in what's generally called "dreamless sleep."

And this is the hard problem of consciousness, innit? Is there a difference between the activity of the brain and during a dream and experiencing the dream, the phenomena and the experience of said phenomena?
>>
You might like reading the book "Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri.Ramana Maharshi". In it I believe he says the soul or Self, which is the word he uses, is all that matters. Dreams and awareness or consciousness are the same except the first is short and the other long. Awareness of the Self or what makes everything else possible is all that matters. It's like the Self is a screen in a movie theater and all else is projected on it. Check out the book.
>>
>>18341422
The mind is part of the soul. It needs the truth, as pure as possible, or it withers and dies.

The spirit is part of the soul (the higher part). It needs to connect to God, or it withers and dies.

The body is part of the soul (the lower part). When the spirit remains disconnected from God, the soul loses its ability to recognize the truth, and the body withers and dies.

Body soul and spirit are on a kind of continuum. God is a pure spirit, but the human spirit is relatively physical compared to God.

Everything depends utterly on God for its existence and for everything else. The purpose of life is to find the truth and the way back to God. The penalty for failure is death: first the death that we all know, which is the separation of the body from the soul, and then a second and final death, which is a completion of the separation of the spirit from God, which we experience in a partial form now.

The way back to God has been established from the beginning, and it has not changed. There is no science of it. There is only recognizing the truth and doing what it tells you. Understanding comes afterwards.
>>
>>18343849
>The same thing goes with anesthesia. Your dreams still happen.

No, they don't. Especially if it's full anesthesia like it's supposed to be, the mind goes completely unconscious and you will not, by definition, dream or be able to dream. It's lights out, son.

>>18343905
That's about right. If consciousness can be reduced to a chemical state then turned on and off, what evidence of the soul is left?

>>18343443
>talk a bunch of nonsense shit
>it's /x/'s fault
Go fuck yourself for starters. Hurr scientists invented the soul, hurr i mean they were philosophers, hurr scientists then turned the mind into DNA?!?

When did they disprove the soul? If it's such an old topic and was disproved, why do not know how they disproved it? Why don't you know the actual answer they came up with, as you call it?

Because you're just a dumb faggot, with more ignorance than intelligence.
>>
>>18344276

Then there is hope for my beautiful twelve stepping, toe tapping, ignorance slapping, giddy yappin' buoyant self!
>>
>>18341422
>If one can induce a coma via full anaesthesia, and have a patient sleep without any dreams or feeling of passage of time; does that mean dreams are a purely physical phenomena?

I'm not convinced a dreamless state is possible. There was a guy who got bacterial meningitis in his brain. He was in a coma and it was overwhelmingly likely that he was going to die, if he did live he would have to live with major brain damage and basically be a vegetable. Scans showed no signs of higher brain functions. Not only did he wake from the coma, he regained very nearly full motor function (wife was told he would never walk if he woke) and retained most of his memories, and even had profound out of body type experiences and vivid dreams/ experiences at a time when the Dr's said his brain was physically unable to do that due to coma.
I can't remember the guys name but he was a guest on 'The Unexplained with Howard Hughes' in the last couple of months if anyone wants to look for it. Very interesting stuff.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.