[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About the gnostic state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

File: vsdgetr.jpg (148KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
vsdgetr.jpg
148KB, 960x960px
So in chaos magick 'gnostic state' is a state of consciousness where you bypass the psychic censor, the static and normal functions of your mind, so you can cause changes in your reality.

The point is: you FOCUS on something (one-pointed focus), and meanwhile you calm or arouse the mind to occupy its other functions, so the focus (and the will) can be unchallenged and undisturbed.

Now what if this approach is wrong?
What if FOCUS is still part of the "normal" and "static" mind, so it basically makes magick more difficult?

I know, I know: but you need a focus; you want something, after all.
How should we achieve anything without a focus?
Good question.

(to be continued)
>>
>>18337262
When sharing wisdom that is not your own you must not wait to be heard. This information is only useful in wholesome parts not piece by piece.
Dont take credit from the ancestors that whisper freely unto the soft ears of mwan fwam
>>
>>18337262
(cont)

So what if you need a kind of MADNESS to achieve the perfect gnostic state?
You have to bypass the entire mind, even conscious focus!

Another aspect of my experiments was the anti-cosmic approach (see the Current 218).
Reality is static, unchanging - a machine, basically.
You can't practice "nice" or "happy" magick, because you need to challenge the order of reality; and "nice" emotions are the signs of "everything is all right, I'm happy with this state of existence".

So gnosis must be weird, unnatural, "anti-you".
It's an attempt to twist your consciousess, in a bizarre and drastic way.

(...)
>>
>>18337279
This desu senpai
>>
>>18337283
Where is this from? this cuck is taking too long
>>
File: dset53tw.jpg (102KB, 643x518px) Image search: [Google]
dset53tw.jpg
102KB, 643x518px
>>18337262
>>18337283
(cont)

There's an excitatory ("hot") and an inhibitory ("cold") type of this gnosis.
It's basically two approach of the anti-cosmic philosophy.

1. Hot gnosis is an agressive madness; you need desperation, destructive impulses and all kinds of hate and anger.

2. Cold gnosis focuses on the aspects of death and entropy. Everything will die, so the prctitioner uses meditation (or, to be more precise: a death-like state) to bypass the static mind.

It's difficult to tell about this, because the idea is still new and the system is incomplete.
You can change "anti-comic" to "acosmic", if you like, by the way.

There are cons of each method:
1, Madness. You might lose self-control.
2, Passivity. Depression or suicidal tendencies.

It's a dangerous path.
Yet I feel there's a chance that these kinds of gnostic states can be more effective that the common ones.

I'm here to discuss this topic.
It's ok if you disagree with me or whatever.
Let's have a decent discussion.
>>
>>18337283
Yes yes this is true but you have a old persons way of wording this. In my words to achieve this thing you call perfect gnosis which to me is the ability to see corsality and influence it down to the finest detail. Its almost like having a human you and an artificial u that is also intelligent but doesnt feel the emotions or set backs of loosing your original way of life that has been taught since birth. But u do know once you "achieve" or "get" this its not something you can UNSEE or forget. There are always 2 sides to EVERYTHING and that hurts the soul to live knowing this everyday for every cake u enjoy eating. u can expect a paper cut
>>
>>18337294

Do you believe there is a threshold to what can be changed in a person's reality merely through the gnosis state?

For instance, do you believe it stops at subtly influencing events, or do you believe a person could regenerate entire limbs or other miraculous things?
>>
>>18337294
Reading this has just alligned something within me and i have just seen a number of coinsidiences. I want you to tell me if i can summon a spirit to assist me further, i feel im on the verge of something and i cant finish or start this alone i need a ear to assure me im not going crazy but its like a have a choice and i cant unmake it after its done kind of like this >>18337297
>>
>>18337297
Interesting.

>Its almost like having a human you and an artificial u that is also intelligent but doesnt feel the emotions or set backs of loosing your original way of life that has been taught since birth.

That's why I think there's the dual plane of exisence and there's an "acosmic" one.

It's like what taoists tell us about: the Tao / acosmic is natural, and our human, dualistic part is unnatural.

All I'm saying is the practitioner might need to use "unholy", twisted types of gnostic states to achieve results.
Reality is a so unchanging that you might have to shatter your own dualistic mind to do magick.
>>
File: 18bltf8cz5z5ijpg.jpg (55KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
18bltf8cz5z5ijpg.jpg
55KB, 800x480px
>>18337299
With the average gnostic states? No.
Those who practice chaos magick believe that it's all about beliefs and focus.

In my model it's the exact opposite: focus only strengthens the Order, and you need to embrace Chaos to force your will on the clockwork reality.

In theory, nothing is impossible.
But then I ask you: would you risk your sanity to see if this is true?
There are insane people who can't do miracles, after all.

Also this idea is anti-cosmic, which means your magick literally weakens the known reality.
It has to - otherwise magick would be impossible.
Would you risk total destruction to achieve your goals?
>>
>>18337304
Typing this will not give me bad credits however, there recently was a mass outbreak in a spiritual.... dimension and alot of THINGS are in our world right now just living out of our pathetic human desires "sin" that we consume and in turn they consume us and there are the contrary beings that create situations that we can manipulate "not with magick" to inspire goodness and kindess and courage in others. But its ultimately a spiritual war and like any war u can sit at the front back or middle each with their own unique enviroment.

To go to the front lines would imply u know how to do spiritual battle which is just what this picture shows>>18337262

But would you want the ability of Magick (DJINN SORCERER) or (MORHPEUS) if it meant the entity we call (self) became so clear it was like looking at a mirror yet not knowing weather u are the reflection of the reflecting object

that doesnt make sense lol but if u read it like a sorcerer youll understand what u must do
>>
>>18337308

Take my soul and Rock and Roll

After the raving and ranting subsides

and all there is left is you and I

Then we can discuss the toll
>>
>>18337300
>I want you to tell me if i can summon a spirit to assist me further, i feel im on the verge of something

Funny thing is, I've dabbled with evocation, too.

According to this anti-cosmic theory, you need to tear the fabric of cosmos apart to make place for... something else.
It's all about this different approach, you see?

Simple chaos magickal evocation methods would say: you have to focus on the thoughtform to make it stronger.
But what if focus only makes Order stronger?
Let's be honest with each others: if everyone could really summon servitors, we would live in a much more interesting world, yes?
But that's clearly not the case.

So we might need to be more agressive. Cruel, even.
Order is not your friend. It won't help you, it won't make your rituals more effective.
On the contrary: it will suppress your magick.
That's why I'm working on this anti-cosmic / acosmic theory.

So my answer is: you need to summon a different type of spirit.
No nice evocation, no typical focusing.
The spirits probably can't even stay in a limited, dualistic physical plane like this.
>>
File: drge4564.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
drge4564.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>18337316
>But its ultimately a spiritual war and like any war u can sit at the front back or middle each with their own unique enviroment.

Spiritual war, huh?

Well, I tried a much nicer version of anti-cosmic magick (I think many would call it Luciferian).
It was about using "holy", "divine" and "god-like" feelings to make gnosis easier.
Unfortunately this method seemed to be less effective than the destructive counterpart.

Anyway: I don't know anything about this spiritual war.
I tried some Christian paradigms, too, but I couldn't achieve my goals with them.

Liber Null says deconstructing yourself, your ego is the key of spiritual evolution.
No chains, no limits.
So I decided to go with the anti-cosmic theories.
>>
>>18337308
>Also this idea is anti-cosmic, which means your magick literally weakens the known reality.
>It has to - otherwise magick would be impossible.
>Would you risk total destruction to achieve your goals?

Well, we know that if somebody had achieved it, we wouldn't be here to tell, because reality would have probably split apart
>>
>>18337349
what if it's not CERN causing the mandela effect, but anti-cosmic magicians
>>
File: dgset4634.jpg (132KB, 510x390px) Image search: [Google]
dgset4634.jpg
132KB, 510x390px
>>18337349
It's possible that anti-cosmic magick is about killing your own (micro-)cosmos.
You won't wreck the universe, but you can achieve external results in it by creating a vacuum in your consciousness, a void that used to be your sanity, and the Order that made magick impossible.

Also the universe might be too stable to get annihilated by a single human being.
But you can destroy your own self (even if it's only a temporary state) and cause changes in the external world.

>>18337350
>what if it's not CERN causing the mandela effect, but anti-cosmic magicians

I thought about this, too.

Maybe the Elite realized how fucked we are - that the only way to help humanity is to destroy the limiting reality, setting us all free.
>>
Guys, I wanted to just lurk and have this rest on my subconscious because this is only my third time on /x/, but you've sparked something here for me, and I'll end up either an old crackpot or legitimately achieve some sort of enlightenment.
>>
File: fhrdzd4.jpg (143KB, 1280x1462px) Image search: [Google]
fhrdzd4.jpg
143KB, 1280x1462px
>>18337399
It's good to hear that you have that "spark", but the thing is: if you use these anti-csomic gnostic methods, you'll probably end up an old crackpot AND legitimately achieve some sort of enlightenment.

Because, you see, the "hot" gnostic state is a kinda satanic (it's not a good word, by the way) ecstasy, and the "cold" one is a necrosophic meditation, a deathly dwell in entropy.

It's a very dangerous path.
Yeah, I'm sure you'll have your wisdom, but this kind of knowledge comes with madness.
>>
File: 1472938282049.jpg (3MB, 1369x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1472938282049.jpg
3MB, 1369x2500px
>>18337399
Thou speaketh to no one, and in turn, thou art favored by no one

Waste not, want not
>>
>>18337361
>Neon Genesis Evangelion?
>>
>>18337705
Jesus, you're right!
But they only made people into jelly, right?
>>
Question still a beginner feel like I'm getting there but do you think sigils will help with this state
>>
File: 373.gif (430KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
373.gif
430KB, 480x348px
>>18337858

>mfw
>>
File: 36124174-sun-wallpaper.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
36124174-sun-wallpaper.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>18337858
Yes, it's the same method.
Only these are specific types of gnosis, that's all.
>>
Is There any easier way to get in Gnosis state?
>>
>>18338074
Meditation, for example.

See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic#The_gnostic_state
>>
>>18338074
Yes, you can go to sleep and achieve it in no time at all,

but if you're not careful you'll slip out of consciousness and die for a few hours
>>
>>18337262

Yeah, you've got a long way to go.
>>
>>18338080
I can't meditate in my house
>>
File: 1456871586307.jpg (118KB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
1456871586307.jpg
118KB, 800x502px
>>18338096
According to legend the Buddha would go on walks in the woods every day and return home each night and he never found anything which he thought to be truly beautiful until one day he discovered a luscious gnarled tree which was split open revealing a small secluded hollow inside which was only just big enough for him to sit,

and he sat, he closed his eyes,

and he stayed there for 40 years
>>
>>18338074
Look at the sun or the moon until your head feels good
>>
>>18338105
I know that legend but... I'm not buddha
>>
>>18338105
>and he stayed there for 40 years

Is he, dare I say, /ourguy/?
>>
File: 1473850924449.jpg (225KB, 837x673px)
1473850924449.jpg
225KB, 837x673px
>>18338114
Neither was he until he sat beneath that tree for 40 years

Do you see now the message I'm trying to convey?
>>
>>18338158
Was buddha in gnosis for 40 years?
>>
>>18338165
Yes, and he later told people that he only breathed when he wanted to, and so every single breath was another glimpse into the absolute truth of nirbana
>>
>>18338158
Is gnosis Like Berserkergangr?
>>
>>18338171
>be Shakyamuni Buddha
>be in meditation for 40 years
>achieve perfect gnosis (yes, for 40 fucking years)
>"Hey guys, I unlocked some crazy ass magickal abilities"
>"Like what?"
>"I only breathe when I want to, and so every single breath was another glimpse into the absolute truth of nirbana"
>"..."

Also
>"Existence sucks, by the way" :DDD
>>
>>18337262
That is why you have to learn how to manipulate energies.
Don't make theories and fluff around this. Don't lose your time with bullshit like this.

The so called gnosis state is to let that inner part of yourself make all the work. It is all about imprint a message in that part of you. Many people just do what works for them, from meditation to ritual murder. But when you are aware of energies of your mind you can use whatever emotion as a source of power.
>>
>>18337262
>>18338746

And then you learn to use the energy of other people to make your magic.

But if you follow your path you will learn all that.

Don't forget that the way is cobbled with gold.
>>
>>18337283
If you're focused on being anti-you, that is focus

If you're lusting for results, that's lust

Meditation isnt about making nice magic, but for meditating on itself. I don't think your theory has a real basis on it. You're just making edgy what is just natural. On my opinion (very humble as im a total beginner) you'll do better by understanding or ignoring your emotions, instead of adding unnecesary anger or bad vibes onto it. That is also a kind of reverse psychic censor. Just saying
>>
>>18338947
This

I'm a beginner as well, but as I stand, boredome can be effective enough to achieve results. I've made things happen through pure intention, without burning sigils - in some cases without even drawing them, just planning to - and not really giving a fuck, just believing in the outcome. Distracting oneself from focus and order in the instant can grant the will passage into the subconscious. Create the thing, and then think about how to make bread or whether your last shit was satisfactory, instead of thinking about the thing.

You don't need to understand what it is, or how it works, you just need to know that it has already occurred. Everything else is just present to support your beliefs.
>>
File: 1479242736752.jpg (21KB, 705x663px) Image search: [Google]
1479242736752.jpg
21KB, 705x663px
>>18338096
Will then get a new house frickin dweeb
>>
The perfect gnosis is a state of non-attachment.
>>
File: 1476634332128.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1476634332128.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>18338947
>>18339725

I see you guys are beginners - and that is absolutely ok.
I had the same opinions as you when I began my journey on the road of magick.

1. It's possible that this anti-cosmic gnosis is just one of the many gnostic states.
In this case, you're right.

2. It's possible that having an anti-cosmic aproach creates (the possibility of) an entirely different gnostic state.
In this case, you're wrong.

Because things like this
>If you're focused on being anti-you, that is focus
makes no sense if there is no "you".

"But then", you'll say, "see this post":
>>18339762
>The perfect gnosis is a state of non-attachment.

This dude's also right.
Gnosis can be the same no-mind that buddhists and taoists practice.

But then I'll say: "Ok, it's true. But letting go the mind is not destroying the mind with force or with entropy."

I say both version is possible.
Anti-cosmic / acosmic gnosis seems to be another type of the gnostic state(s) - why not?
On the other hand, the approach to this kind of magick is so different and so alien to the "average" magick, that even its gnosis appears to be... unusual.
>>
>>18340658
>But letting go the mind is not destroying the mind
Everything happens in the confines of mind. The you and the universe(s) you operate within, are the same, in the Taoist sense.
>>
>>18341105
That's solipsism / subjective reality.
In an objective paradigm you're wrong.
>>
>>18341124
>That's solipsism

No it isn't.
>>
https://youtu.be/u_z-7xm72eU

Sup guys check this creepy story
>>
https://youtu.be/u_z-7xm72eU
Hey guys check this creepy story
>>
>>18341409
song name in the background?
>>
>>18337294
You can cast with any sufficiently strong emotion. You sacrifice the emotion at the altar of self for the sigil, and then, once cast, you forget about it. I have cast spells from nostalgia alone, anything is possible
If you wish to live in such a dark reality tunnel though, so be it
Try working with lovecraft's pantheon senpai
>>
>>18338192
not him but I would say that is a form of anger gnosis directed towards physical violence as well as atavistic projection of etheric forces, these two things leading to praeternatural ability if only for a short time and generally suicidally
>>
>>18340658
Acosmic gnosis has been known for a while and from everything I have read and experienced, it is a wellspring of power although extremely difficult to direct towards any specific ends.
>>
File: 2=1.png (41KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
2=1.png
41KB, 600x700px
>>18337262
>your reality
fantasy
>>
>>18342326
Could you give me any examples / sources?
What systems use acosmic gnosis?
>>
It would be really cool if someone formed their own nation-state with an education system that taught magic to everyone, and they called their country the "Gnostic State".
>>
>>18345264
Like Epicurus' garden but instead of teaching philosophy everyone would teach magick to everyone, while also contributing a few hours of daily labor to feed everyone and be able to run the community indefinitely.

Sounds like heaven desu. The main problem lies in choosing the people who would get in, as I'm sure that if word got out it would quickly be flooded with requests to join, and something like this needs a strict population limit.

At any rate, sounds like absolute bliss.
>>
>>18342319
Could you explain this, please?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.