[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis/out of body exp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: sleep.jpg (138KB, 550x549px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
138KB, 550x549px
I have just experienced another episode of sleep paralysis with auditory and visionary experiences. It was not purposefully induced and involved one of the most scariest I’ve had recently.

After tonight I am off to the doc to find out what’s going on, but before I do I thought I’d share my latest experience with /x because truthfully as a fully grown man I am pathetically too scared to go back to sleep and sat hear actually jumping to the slightest noise heard right in my silent house right now.

So I end up in this dream state, I can have been asleep and not fully conscious idk in some state for around 40mins since I last remember checking my phone for the time. The reason posting it here is to hear opinion on it and because I have heard certain things mentioned in relation to the content and feelings experienced.

Inside this episode I was in my bed at home, I could see everything that was going on both in my dream and from above, like an out of body experience. I felt the most extreme pain I have ever felt on my back, it felt like scratching but on a level I can only describe as if I had been ran over by a truck and dragged down the road at speed with my back against a rough surface.

My deceased dog I could hear downstairs was barking in the background and I was shouting, as loud as I could in pain, I could see and hear my son stood beside my bed whilst the whole thing happened saying “Daddy, daddy …daddy” and being extremely concerned but I could not regain consciousness for him or myself.
>>
Cont...

Beside me was my girlfriend, but she was also asleep. No matter how loud I shouted, she would not wake up so there was me in my body experiencing the dream, my son calling stood next to me whilst she lay heavily sleeping and my dog who we lost recently barking aggressively downstairs.

The whole time I was trying to shout it was like my vocal cords had been cut, but it felt if I tried hard enough I could force them to work. Eventually they did and both my sleeping self and my out of body me could hear “ahhhh, ahhhhhhh, AHHHHHHH”

I managed to turn at this point, from lay on my left side to the right, then my girlfriend heavily laid her arm on my left shoulder. The sensation of this was enough to wake me up and as I did I was still shouting but it was actually audible to her and myself.

I sat straight up in bed and asked her did I just have a seizure? Not that I suffer them but have had experience of one before but that’s what it felt like, I was blind in my sleeping body and knew it, I could feel this horrible scratching sensation on my back which would destroy any pain scale anywhere and it felt like my vocal cords were cut but I could not see a thing.

My son wasn’t there when I finally woke, he is asleep in another room but i can also here him talking in his sleep, making noises and sudden movements in his sleep. I heard my shouts of agony as I awoke still speaking them. I was shocked not to see my son stood there, it was clear somehow he was there but had disappeared on waking.
>>
Cont...

I have no memory of my out of body experience now, just that I know there was the sleeping me and I was able to watch things play out from above whilst this happened.

My girlfriend fell straight back asleep after and I am now exhausted trying to type this but scared to sleep incase it will happen again. I do get things like this and have done since a young age, but in this one the fear is on another level and they seem to be worsening.

Usually within two weeks of having one of these episodes something bad in life happens, death has been the result of the lsat two. Probably a coincidence.

I have been running a sleep talk recorder app, but tonight fell asleep without setting it on. Previously I have captured another voice on it, nothing like my own and on two occasions. Everything feels strange right now in a worying way.

I can barely keep my eyes open now so will post, hopefully it’ll stay alive so I can try again to sleep on it but come back to some informative replies when I wake up.

Pic related.
>>
>>18336277
All this effort just for dubs
>>
>>18336294
This sounds like a horrific, incredibly vivid dream about powerlessness and some kind of internal psychological suffering anon.

I don't know if it was a real OBE. I've only had one of those and it was just for a second. Its a lot easier to induce lucid dreams than it is to have an OBE, and its usually a voluntary effort when you aren't actually dying.
>>
This sounds like bullshit whenever this happens to me i can only see myself from the outside

its kidna annoying if you are not sleeping face up cause you feel like you are suffocating if your nose is on the pillow and you try to turn but you can't
>>
File: night terror creature.jpg (394KB, 3307x4251px) Image search: [Google]
night terror creature.jpg
394KB, 3307x4251px
I just have this night my first night paralisis in 9 years, this fucker was in my room, and try to attack me.
>>
>>18337188
How is it that you can draw but you can't write legibly?
>>
>>18337161
You pinned it right there, powerlessness is certainly a big issue right now on so many levels and the psychological suffering rings true which could very well be the cause for it in the first place. It would be good if I could understand how to wake from one without the need of an outside stimulus.

As for an OBE I'm not really sure either, it has happened like that a good few times before but defining it between a dream/nightmare and that just being part of it to an OBE is difficult. As soon as you start to research yourself on such things it brings up many related issues but it doesn't seem to fit specifically into one category.

I have done a sleep study before but it was only for 3 nights and was inconclusive because happenings like this have come and go for years now so to catch it with the sleep lab equipment at the time I'd have to be wearing it every single night and being monitored until another occurrance happened which wasn't viable.

All was determined previously is that I have a different circadian rhythm to most which is quite documented and common. I get trouble being tired so have to wait before I'm absolutely ready to sleep before even trying to because if I don't I get REM whilst awake which does have an aspect of lucid dreaming or sleep paralysis as a probable cause due to this but unfortunately this was only detected on the first night and seen as an anomoly/issue with the equipment because it didn't reproduce itself on the following two nights.
>>
>>18337167
No way bullshit, hence bringing it here for further opinion, that's what I couldn't understand and hope to find out why I can be experiencing both.

All I can think of now is that the outer body bit is part of the dream but still can't get my head around the aspect of having visions from both inside/outside UNLESS it was glitches in time in the dream so I'm seeing/feeling the inner part and then also dreaming seconds later of viewing from above if that makes sense.

Skepticism is good, I'm listening to any explanation but ultimately one with science around it and a provable theory will be the one which will most interest me.

I was sleeping on my left side and rolled to my right when waking, could still have had my face in the pillow to produce a suffocating feeling like that though agreed.

When it happens with you how do you wake yourself? Are you in a controlled lucid state or just roll with it kinda thing?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.