[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occult concepts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1466773451753.jpg (153KB, 846x635px) Image search: [Google]
1466773451753.jpg
153KB, 846x635px
What are some basic concepts one needs to know about occult practises to be familiarised with the subject?

or in other words ITT we post knowledge that's considered redpilled such as spirit cooking, the despair code, chaos magick etc
>>
>we post knowledge
>we

So what do YOU got OP?
>>
>>18335816
evidently no catalog function, or they'd probably head on over to the regular occultism/magic thread.
>>
File: HeHasRisen (1).gif (205KB, 950x339px) Image search: [Google]
HeHasRisen (1).gif
205KB, 950x339px
Picrelated is all you need to know
>>
>>18335805
The foundation of much of modern occult theory and practice is the power of belief and the human imagination.

When one changes their perspective, the whole world falls in line with that new perspective. This is not just a metaphor. We don't know the universe, we only can know our experience of it, and that is determined by hour our brain relays information from our senses and how our mind interprets it all. This underlying relativity of all things is the hallmark of occult and metaphysical research - don't believe the neoplatonic purists... Unless their message appeals to you.
>>
>>18336006
Samefag here. Redpill number two is that, like many beliefs profess, we do indeed live in a dualistic universe. Everything exists in opposites, in spectra. And yet these opposites are not truly against each other. They are not even truly separate. Yin gives rise to Yang and vice versa, and according to the I-Ching, one of the oldest, most revered pieces of ancient knowledge, every single definable thing in existence, both tangible and intangible, consist of some ever-balancing combination of yin and yang.

This is where binary comes from. An old colleague of Isaac Newton, named Godfrey Leibniz, invented the binary number system after reading the I Ching's translation. It was mostly for his own curiosity about how any message could be reduced to a series of only two different glyphs, 0 (yin, no, "off") or 1 (yang, yes, "on"). It wasn't until much later that someone would apply this method to early computer intelligence, which is now easily capable of reproducing ANY sound or image or other data instantaneously simply with nothing but an incredibly long sequence of yins and yangs.

If the inner workings of computers are essentially based on the ground machinery of the universe itself, as the I-Ching would lead us to believe, then the future potential for machine intelligence and, moreso, unpredictability, looms as a (for me) unsettling certainty of the not-so-distant future where humanity has indeed succeeded at becoming a God, at least of some sort, creating its own new world, fully alive and independent.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Energy = Matter = Thought
>>
File: tumblr_oc6vog3a6Q1syzmxqo1_500.jpg (199KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc6vog3a6Q1syzmxqo1_500.jpg
199KB, 485x750px
>>
>>18336006
OP here. The first point you make is actually really interesting to consider. I guess that's the whole point of esoteric knowledge in that it is a learned experienced one acquires for themselves and shaped by their own beliefs and experiences (quite like The Fool's journey through the tarot). Of course to form those experiences and get closer to gnosis external input is required meaning one needs to read and study on the occult/metaphysical/however you want to call it as well as explore the senses. And one way to stimulate those might be to get experience through rituals (which I think have less to do with spell and more to do with arousing emotions in one's self). But this makes me wonder more about them. What is the purpose of rituals and their symbolic nature? I've seen some bad examples like in spirit cooking which I mentioned in my opening post where twisted acts (human cake consumption) are masked as performance art.

You mentioned numbers and dualistic concepts portrayed as symbols (0-1, ying-yang) so it seems they hold importance and play a key role. Might as well be visual imagery to leave an impression to the practisioner to aid him in expressing his will.
>>
>>18335805
you wanna learn shit? start researching better but i will nudge you a bit

http://www.esotericarchives.com/
http://grimoiresontape.tumblr.com/
http://hermetic.com/pgm/
sadly many of the great magic art of greece is lost
those are just basic stuff then you can jump into deep shit books like the book of oberon or the comte de gabalis
>>
>>18335805
>when you tryin to play vidya game but all the characters in the selection are basically the same
Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
File: 1468772023883.png (217KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1468772023883.png
217KB, 550x550px
>>18335943
Amen!
>>
>>18337339
thanks anon, some useful links there
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.