[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooky Camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 19633.jpg (137KB, 482x333px) Image search: [Google]
19633.jpg
137KB, 482x333px
I see all these spooky places posted on /x/ over the years and always wondered why no one sets up cameras there on a regularly basis. Now that I'm older with a good paying job and am bored looking for a new hobby I figure it's time to do something about it and I could use /x/'s advice.

>Camera

First I need the right equipment. It of course has to be battery powered and have night vision. I do not want the camera to be shining light everywhere. Preferably the battery could last a few days but I'd settle for something that could last an entire night.

Also, I'd like it to be able to provide live streaming online but I don't know if that's possible without setting up other gear. It would be far more entertaining to everyone if you could go online and watch the camera feed. My budget is $1,000 but I could spend more if the camera is that good. This is the area I need the most help in because I suck at technology.

>Location

I'm not going to set it up on anyone else's property unless it's actually abandoned. So instead I'll focus on public land. Someplace spooky but not too far out of the way because I'll need to retrieve and recharge the camera regularly but it can't be some place too heavily traveled because I don't want the camera stolen or people freaking out why there's a camera recording them in the woods.

My main problem is I'm in Orlando so there really aren't many spooky places. There's the abandoned Disney water park where people died from brain eating amoeba but I'm not going to trespass on Disney property. So that leaves random woods in the less developed parts on the outskirts of town as the only viable option.

Hopefully it will be entertaining and we catch something but my real hope is that it spurs people who live near more spooky areas to set up their own cameras.
>>
Bump for interest.

I'm not an expert on cameras but I doubt there are any remote live streaming ones since they would basically need to be a cell phone with 4G and a dataplan. I know there's wifi remote cameras so I think you'd probably need to get one of those, sync it to a cellphone, and put both of them out in the woods when you want to record.
>>
It'll be easier to just buy a smartphone with a nice camera and remote control capabilities. I don't think any have night vision cameras so you may need to set up a nearby light or just put it in a somewhat lighted area or on moonlit nights.
>>
>>18326909

This is your best option. The only downside is you're going to have to buy the phone and set up an account with the provider but set up a bunch of other accounts all with your real name. So if the cops or aliens or spirits find it they could track you down.
>>
>>18326877
I tried posting a thread about weird shit in photos because I've been playing with low light photography with leaving the shutter open. For some reason the thread didn't post, but basically i ended up with a little yellowish-green glow in part of a photo, small enough to be the glint off an animal's eye.... But two things about it after strange: 1) the only light was moonlight 2) it's a little too high up for an animal (it's about 2 meters up from the ground)

Anyway, the relevance is that it made me want to set up cameras, one for video and one for timed stills in RAW jpeg (that's the format i use so that i know any weirdness in my photos isn't due to the camera making automatic adjustments) so I'll definitely be following this thread.
>>
>>18326913

>set up camera
>livestream it
>see something spooky
>hand comes out and grabs camera
>feed is cut
>wake up next day
>find the camera at your doorstep
>there's a note
>"now we're watching you"

Godspeed OP.
>>
File: IMG_20161113_102024.jpg (3MB, 3305x2479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_102024.jpg
3MB, 3305x2479px
>>18326961
Had to crop it down a bit to post it without decreasing quality, but here's the picture i was referencing
>>
>>18326997

Looks like a light shining through the brush from that house back there.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.