[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loch Ness Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: images.jpg (10KB, 348x145px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 348x145px
What's /x/s opinion of the Loch Ness Monster?

This photo is the most famous but also proven as fake. (The men behind it spilled the beans IIRC) does that disprove the legend?

Is it all just a tourist trap or is there something to it?

>In b4 /x/ is one person.
>>
It couldn't kick ogopogo's ass.
>>
>>18325534

almost all the well-known photos of it have proven to be fake.

there isn't enough biomass in Loch Ness to support a population of animals the size of the supposed monster. unless this cocksucker is sneakin' into the pub for a wee bite when nobody's looking, it can't exist.
>>
>>18326438
to add to that

>>the Dinsdale film
analyzed by JARIC, matches a small non-planing boat filmed from great distance.

>> 'flipper' photograph
not fake but greatly different from the raw 'un-enhanced' image. Extremely indistinct.

Interestingly, Loch Ness, Lake Ogopogo, Lake Champlain and several other 'monster lakes' are all very long and narrow, and one of the most common sightings is a series of 'humps' or 'serpentine' body moving in the middle of the lake. This matches what happens when a boat wake reflects off both shorelines and comes together in a middle, which can happen long after the boat has passed by.
>>
>>18326438
>there isn't enough biomass in Loch Ness to support a population

that's bullshit

to answer OP, there have been really good sonar sightings, but not much more hard evidence, inconclusive
>>
totally real

here is a photoof him with his pal bigfoot
>>
File: dumb.jpg (50KB, 622x447px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
50KB, 622x447px
yeh its nothing
>>
>>18325534

I wish it were true but it isn't. Loch Ness is just too small to support a population of such creatures plus the Loch has been thoroughly searched many times and nothing found.

There's better hope in the deep sea. We've still only explored 5% of the ocean and most of that is coastal. Shit, we didn't find the second deepest part of the ocean (in the Tonga Trench just a few meters shallower than the Challenger Deep) until 2011.
>>
https://youtu.be/-yiwIcsPBTQ
>>
I used to believe it could be real, but >>18326438

>>18326585
>that's bullshit

Mind providing a counterargument or is that the best you can do?
>>
>>18326839
fyi there's no fish below a certain depth due to the absolutely crushing pressure.

There was a brief flurry of excitement when the first manned mission touched down in the Challenger Deep... they spotted something swimming, a small flounder-like creature, but no other vertebrates have been seen and it's more likely it was a sea-cucumber or sea-slug.

The deep sea is an extremely hostile environment and any creature that spends serious time there must be specially adapted to do so, to the point where, like giant squid, it would die if it came too close to the surface. Doesn't bode well for the idea of sea serpents that also frolic on the surface occasionally.
>>
Personally I think it's some sort of paranormal activity related to Boleskine house. But whatever it is. It's brought a lot of money to the area.
>>
File: riding lassie.jpg (37KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
riding lassie.jpg
37KB, 620x400px
>>18326816
try not to fuck up so hard next time.
>>
>>18325534

I could tell you all about him, but I'm going to need about three dollars and 50 cents, I will settle for two dollars and 50 cents.
>>
>>18326585

Thats actually absolutely true.

There is not even enough biomass in Loch Ness to support a single monster.
When I visited Loch Ness in 2011, the Loch Ness Project had a very interesting brochure that explained very detailled how the Loch Ness food chain works... and that there is just not enough food for anything big.
>>
>>18325794
Underrated
>>
>>18327165
delete this
>>
>>18325534
probably something lived there hundreds of years ago and turned into a local myth, don't think it's alive anymore
>>
File: loch-ness-monster11.jpg (62KB, 576x429px) Image search: [Google]
loch-ness-monster11.jpg
62KB, 576x429px
>>18326826
That reminds me, I've seen pictures from the original set where the neck is turned differently.
>>
File: gigantopithecus.jpg (271KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
gigantopithecus.jpg
271KB, 500x601px
OK so Nessie is shit, but I've always thought Bigfoot / yetis could possibly be explained as a surviving Gigantopithecus population, or something like it.
What unproven cryptids, if any, are actually plausible?
>>
>>18325534
That's a swimming elephant. Probably an asian elephant based on the short trunk.
>>
File: Okh5W4N.gif (951KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Okh5W4N.gif
951KB, 500x277px
>>18325534
If you've ever lived by a big body of water like me, you'll see ripples of waves that look like a huge drill or in this case some serpent rolling around the surface. Ages ago, the townfolk just thought it was a monster then the local puberies started making up tall tales of drunks tryinta outdo eachotha with fake stories of shit they saw in Lochness. Then some hoaxers who wanted to be famous for teh lulz took fake pics. End of story.

P.S. It's like in ancient times when people thought schizophrenia were demons telling them to do bad shit or when they saw ghosts and demons which is also sleep paralysis and/or schizophrenia.
>>
File: 1479067990939.jpg (51KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1479067990939.jpg
51KB, 420x420px
>is it all just a tourist trap, or is there something to it?
I wouldnt worry about it.
>>
>>18326438
What about the famous underwater flipper photograph?
>>
File: 614zZFfvcJL._SL1200_.jpg (122KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
614zZFfvcJL._SL1200_.jpg
122KB, 1200x1200px
>>18335422
Literally driftwood
>>
wasn't the loch ness monster something completely different?

Like a slug or something
>>
File: 1474052465563.jpg (64KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1474052465563.jpg
64KB, 876x493px
So I take it none of yall have seen the new picture if nessie huh?
>>
>>18340571
damn, Nessy got thin, grew whiskers and split in 3!
>>
When I was in grade school on a fieldtrip picnic, one of the chaperones there told all us kids that he was an ex navy seal, he had many scars on his body from "classified contact with enemies in the water" and then he dropped the bomb;
>The loch Ness monster was actually an abnormally gigantic eel that had died and been recovered by his unit, and he has a picture of it that he can't ever show anyone.

Who the fuck was sitting there thinking this was ok while this sperglord told a bunch of fuckin 10 year olds all this shit?
>>
>>18339154
are you thinking of that guy who swears lake monsters are actually giant remnant 'Tullimonstrum' creatures?

that guy's straight cracked out, I read his book about Muskrat Lake.
>>
File: Tullimonstrum_NT_small.jpg (17KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tullimonstrum_NT_small.jpg
17KB, 600x450px
wat
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.