[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

astral projection stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: 1478837228351.jpg (325KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478837228351.jpg
325KB, 1000x1000px
I'm about to start practicing astral projection, it would be amazing if i could hear yalls OBE stories
>>
>>18324659
is sleep paralysis pre-"astral projection"?
I have lucid dreams since im a child, I guess it was the only way i learned how to deal with my nightmares. I use to have them very often but now it happens rarely and I could never really discern if it some of them were only dreams or OBE, I dreamt a lot of me dreaming in my bed and going to other places, I even dreamt about my waking up in other dimensiones, I have "woke up" on other dreams way too many times but never had an experience that I could certainly say it was an OBE
>>
>>18324659
>be me
>lying immobile on my back
>bin-aural beats in ears
>suddenly start to feel warm tingling
>hear all of radio stations and digital noises at once
>loud violent noises, screeching, helicopter like sounds transitioning into shaking feeling
>get too conscious, excited and wake up

Don't bother. It's just shitty sleep and frustration. I think you just get to state where you're semi conscious and can observe your body shutting off and brain farts settling.

Still, if you care to loose some sleep and time over this I always had success while sleeping on by back. IMHO that's individual, but any pose in which you normally don't or cant sleep but don't crush some body part or get too uncomfortable would work better than your natural sleeping pose.
>>
There's a book that just came out called 'Sativa Shamanism'. Part of the book discusses cannabis sativa and how to use it to produce astral travel that you can see on the back of your eyelids. Decent book.
>>
Where can I find ACTUALLY LEGIT information on Astral Projecting?
I tried looking it up before and pretty sure all I found was bullshit surface tier disinfo.
>>
>>18324659
One thing you will notice is the mysticism which takes a part in it.

I have not done it in a while. I am not totally clear why, but i haven't been motivated.

well I recall being taken into temples wherein i am shown things. for example i got pulled into water by a bridge by what seemed undines? where i was taken into a hidden chamber in the mountainside.

there a monk who looked maybe tibetan or chinese, said his name was "nikko"(?) and he said "do you know where you are"

I said "no, where am i?" he said "you are in a gnostic temple.

he was sitting at a counter looking into the screen on some weird yellow television looking thing.

i also recall going through inner-cities and subterranean temples where people are being taught. and you will encounter people of many races. and it seems the white people find places to hide among this. not to say there are not also good people of other races and bad white people.

but you do notice patters.

and you will be taken to otherworldly places of beauty and obvious beauty.

wooden taverns, seemingly ancient and from a distant time. these are places of evil. these are "black lodges" and there are also white lodges. and things in between.

you will often encounter Jews as well, and of course there are good jews as well, but the presence of Jews as a power and forces is an evil which you find controls towns in your area. you will also see friends and familes and see the ancestral spirits which control them.

i was taken to Germany and I saw the most beautiful architecture amidste the green valleys. totally beautiful places.

you see many things, including machines which are part of the inner workings of conscious life, but which are invisible. things like gears and such. and a secret about masonic lodges and rotary clubs is they control these machines and utilize them for their own purposes, often evil.

you will see beautiful cobblestone roads at dusk. otherworldy mountains. temples, castles, machines, demons.
>>
>>18325847

you need inspiration. to find the right inspiration. astral projection ultimately does not involve reading books. it is something you do with your own willpower.

first off:

astral projection and lucid dreaming are essentially the same.

the difference is only that lucid dreams happen when you realize you are dreaming while astral projections are the conscious entering of a dream.

some say you leave your body, some say you enter another dimension.

but what does it matter what they say? the truth is it is only up to you.

but don't be confused by the term astral projection and "lucid dreaming"

they are really essentially the same thing. it is just a difference in how they are attained.

lucid dreaming is realizing, astral projection is the conscious projection of your "astral body" but in other words is simply going to sleep where you are, but remaining AWAKE with your MIND while you body is asleep.

the only way this can be consistent is with practice. and that is daunting because inspiration can wear thin with everyday life.

but don't be put off by all the contradictions. what it is is very simply. forget the theory about astral bodies, angels, demons, lucid or not lucid. or what is what. that isn't important.

all it is is knowing you are asleep and taking advantage of that fact. that's all. what is there is for you to find out. not for others to tell you like a ghost story. seeing and experiencing is what is important.
>>
>>18325888
Conscious entering of a dream is a Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD), while astral projection is a plane above lucid dreams than can be reached through lucid dreams with intent or directly with the right technique.

What you say about inspiration and willpower is true, I have read and debated about this more than I have actually attempted, sticking with the practice is hard, practicing consistently and not giving up or being distracted and losing a year or more of progress and starting over from square one is discouraging.
>>
>>18325888
Second off 99.9% of you on here aren't going to be able to astral project.
>>
>>18325902
>Conscious entering of a dream is a Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD), while astral projection is a plane above lucid dreams than can be reached through lucid dreams with intent or directly with the right technique.

Fair enough. But This is all theory and repeating what others have said.

this does not give results and actually hampers real knowledge.

Very well, is astral a dimension above lucid dreaming? well this is all theory.

the point is that you must remain awake when the body sleeps. that means you need to know your body is asleep and yet you are somewhere else.

that's the important part.

theories and dimensions and all that is for people who like to make up theories to sell books and look like authority, or people who actually have walked the walk.

but in that case their knowledge is esoteric and won't be understood by a novice.

my experience with lucid dreams is that since you awake in a dream you are surrounded by dream material. because your thoughts on your subconscious materialize.

however if you enter DIRECTLY from wakefulness to sleep, then dream material will be less. and the experience is purer simply because you are not dreaming in your dreaming.

this is what i know from experience.

talk of dimensions and different planes and realms. this may be all good and great and true, but its too much talk, not enough doing.

its neat to read, but it will not help you understand what you are seeing, in fact it may make it worse because what you WANT or THINK you should be seeing will materialize as a subconscious projection.

so that is why i personally learned to dislike any theoretic talk of dimensions and planes. it isn't practical. and why talk about it when we can't even be practical and project at will?

so i go around talking about astral bodies, i go around talking about different dimensions and realms and what it all means. yet i barely can even keep lucid? that's my experience.
>>
>>18325925
well if people don't want to or take the time to do it then they won't. that's all. it isn't about how many people can or can't. the question is "can you?" so who cares about whether 99.9 percent can or can't? what difference does it make. if you want to do it, go for it.
>>
>>18325931
I believe that lucid dreams, OBE's and astral projection are three distinct and seperate states of conscious experience, each sort of nested in the other if it makes sense. Anyways I can't prove this not even to myself yet because I've only ever had a few lucid dreams, and no WILD lucid dreams either, only DILD so I wasnt 100% aware and all.

Yeah what you describe as entering a dream consciously from being awake to being asleep but mind awake and entering a lucid dream like that is a WILD and people report them to be more real-like and less dream-like due to you being more aware and conscious and not after hours of dreamless or non-lucid sleep beforehand like a DILD.

Thats my goal now at least, experience a WILD and really feel aware and conscious and lucid inside a dream like I feel right now, so that I can get used to that feeling, before I move on to trying OBE or astral projection, to see if its really real or not.
>>
I got into reading into two years ago, never got far but:

> try it one night
> focus on each part of my body slowly going down until i get sleep paralysis
> begin to feel an overwhelming sense of a presence standing near my door way
> try to open eyes but felt like head was constantly rolling back
> over and over again, super quickly
> all i can see is the reflection of my blinds/window, except super contrasted
> snap back to reality

Felt weird as fuck, don't know if anything would've developed if i didn't try to snap out of it, but totally weirded me out
>>
How does astral projection differ from the dissociated k-hole state?
>>
>>18324847
if you are a lucid dreamer than astral projection may come easy to you
>>
>>18324898
>back of your eyelids

I always wondered about this. When you close your eyes, are you really blind or are you just looking at the backs of your eyelids?
>>
>>18324847
Astral projection is astral projection, lucid dreaming is lucid dreaming. When you astral project, you don't have nearly as much control over your environment compared to LD, but there's also the issue of taking full control of your dreams, if you knew you were dreaming you might know it for a few seconds or a minute before your consciousness slips away and you return to your mindless state or you might wake up.
>>
>>18325888
Lucid dreaming and astral projection aren't same you imbecile, when you OOBE your astral body leaves your physical one, from which you can enter Astral etc. - when you lucid dream, you just gain consciousness and control during a dream.
>>
>>18326576
Blind people don't see darkness, they just lack the sense of sight, so no, you're not blind when you close your eyelids.
>>
>>18326650
Some say lucid dreaming is a form of astral projection, or that at least the lucid dream plane is like an astral plane but more personal and private for each individual

Instead of lucid dreams happening on the physical plane we are in now and most of the day.

What do you think about that?
>>
>>18327623
This is assuming that different astral plqnes even exist at all, so far I think its a 50/50 chance they do or dont
>>
>>18327625
planes*
>>
>>18327625
My only question about these planes is how many of them have snakes on them?
>>
>>18326654

Technically you can't see the world around you so you're blind, kinda.
>>
>>18328064

Reptilians are on every plane.
>>
>>18324659
Just started doing remote viewing with very good success. Have you tried RV? I want to cross over to some astral projection but don't think I can do astral projection.
>>
>>18326111
The rolling shit I've experinced too. Weird as fuck and haven't heard anybody with the same experince until now.
>>
why have none of you cucks differentiated bw astral projection and astral travel

astral projection is your golden standardâ„¢ OBE experience. a lot of people use lucid dreams for the process of astral projection, desu it's probably one of the easier ways

then there's astral travel. astral travel /isn't/ an OBE, it's a /mental projection/ of your astral self to and through places. you will still be consciously aware of the physical world. some people get visual impressions, auditory cues, sensations. it kinda depends on the individual. a friend of mine gets better visuals than i do, but my auditory shit is intense while astralling.

99.9% of people are not going to be able to do astral projection. thing is, this is all ab latent psychic tendencies. all of us are good at a few things naturally, some of us having clairaudient tendencies, others psychometric, some are really good w energy work, etc. astral projection is one of those "skillsets". it can be super hard to identify what you as an individual are naturally inclined to, esp w all the misinformation and ego-jerking /x/ seems to love doing w/o actually giving anyone an explanation of how this shit works.

there are a lot of ways to astral travel, but the basis is in clearing your mind, achieving a meditative state. however that works for you as an individual. try and start with a location in mind, or a goal, maybe someone you want to meet. the more anchors you have to work with the easier it will be to keep focused, to not completely lose yourself in the process and not get anything done
>>
>>18329846
You're describing remote viewing not astral travel.

I think of it like this - remote viewing, lucid dreams, OBE, astral travel

Especially because astral travel is said to take place on the astral plane/foci of consciousness above our physical reality, while remote viewing is what you describe taking place in physical reality but not physically viewing.

desu not sure what to think of remote viewing, I do believe in OBE's though, or would like to.

And also I believe you can lucid dream and then with intent and some technique and practice enter the astral world and astral travel from there, but you cant remote view or OBE from that way.
>>
>>18329888
i actually always felt weird ab the term "astral travel" being used to describe what you defined as remote viewing. huh. thank you for differentiating that.

i think what you're saying is actually pretty on point. remote viewing / lucid / obe / astral on a gradient.
>>
same person that just replied, just building up on the previous points made.

[ remote viewing / lucid dreaming / obe / projection / etc. ] = astral travel

essentially there's multiple means of traveling, and in the format displayed above they're sort of "stacked" in such a way that builds on how aware you are of your environment. up to y'all whether or not you believe in remote viewing, but i personally have had a lot of success through remote viewing. sure it's not as fancy as lucid work or projecting, but it also /does/ let you get an idea of how to begin navigating the astral, the nature of it, and even developing that level of awareness. imo you don't need to ALWAYS be doing hardcore immersion work, maybe sometimes you just want to pop in a place, see what's going on. why go through all the work of lucid shit to do that?

with that said i'd like to practice lucid work and maybe build up to obe. but my point is that some people can jump straight into all that, others need to build up to it. y'all might have better success if you start from the bottom.

gl y'all. happy to have stumbled on this thread.
>>
>>18328064
lmao
>>
File: 1479090461393.jpg (1MB, 2310x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1479090461393.jpg
1MB, 2310x1781px
>>18331666
Thanks but I find it funny that I'm theorizing this so much, reading and forming these thoughts and discussing my idea of the terminology but - an actual OBE or astral projection has yet to happen and I've had only a few lucid dreams so far, and no WILDs.

Well hopefully that changes soon.

Part of me is not convinced its real and only lucid dreams that you convince yourself that its the astral or is an OBE, reached through intent.

The other part of me is almost afraid to actually find it to be real, and to have a distinct OBE or astral projection that confirms to me without a doubt that consciousness is not limited to the physical, to the brain.

So I'm planning on lucid dreaming and getting good at it and WILD lucid dreams especially so I can get used to the feeling of being conscious and aware in a place other than this physical reality of ours, but just in a step above it (lucid dreams) and then hopefully eventually I'll be able to handle being and experiencing a step above even that (OBE/astral projection).

Its both exhilirating and terrifiyng with a tinge of doubt and uncertainty all at once when I think about it.
>>
>>18324898
>cannabis sativa
Sorry bro, cannabis doesn't mix At All with astral projection. You need to be able to reach alpha brain state and cannabis interferes with this natural mechanism.

I'm a huge stoner too, damn shame I am literally torn between two loves
>>
After reading through this thread, I decided to give AP a try. Only one question though, do you have to be a lucid dreamer to succeed in AP? Any tips would also be appreciated.
>>
>>18324659
>>18324847

>Try to sleep
>Fevered dreams
>Jerk back into reality
>Sleep paralysis, shadowy figures messing with me
>alternate between sleep and sleep paralysis for a while
>frustrated and confused as fuck
>suddenly the next time I "wake up" I'm actually outside my body somehow
>can't stand up though, it's like the paralysis is somehow affecting my "astral form"
>crawl around my astral house on all fours like a retard for a while
>wake up again, this time for good

Now here's the weird part

>talking with my mother the next day
>tell her I couldn't sleep so well because I had some weird dreams
>she says she had weird dreams too
>she also had sleep paralysis and reports some creature attacked her
>remember I was lurching around her and dad's beds while I was astral projecting

Did I somehow astral project into my parent's dreams? Was I the creature?
>>
>>18324659
Did u just watch Dr. Strange???
>>
>>18332815
AP is more connected to sleep paralysis than lucid dreaming.
>>
Does it honestly feel like your body, like it does in a lucid dream, or are yoy "visualizing" shit while aware of your physical body?

And in that case, can you go astral from lucid dreaming?
>>
>>18334328
From my experience, it feels like your own body, and the world around you more or less feels like the waking world...except somehow off.
>>
>>18334296
What?

Sleep paralysis aka REM atonia is just a physical change we undergo in sleeping every night, it has no connection to any of this and many lucid dreamers have reported getting a WILD lucid dream with no prior sleep paralysis episode, its same for AP.

Unless you're reffering to the mind awake, body asleep technique thing I guess
>>
>>18328071
>>18326654
>>18326576
Your eyelids only let a tiny amount of light through to your eyes. If you close your eyes and look into the sun it will be bright enough to make you see 'orange'.
>>
>>18326576
Depends. But basically no. Eyes are still functional and keep firing registering some background light as well as firing random noise into your brain. And basically you get something like google deep dream would get out of noise.
>>
I'm really good at lucid dreaming and astral projection. It is amazing how powerful and creative the brain become while in Alpha or Theta mode. I have come to this point that i create these awesome game worlds which i explore while sleeping. I create an awesome world, everything from caves, tropical islands, cities. In the worlds i have superpowers, sometimes i fly, but best of all, i can not die. This make me fight giants, demons and even horders of soldiers if i want to. It is like living in your own matrix.
>>
>>18334852
I can not explain it how awesome it is. You feel like a wizard which can bend space and time, everything is possible. Going to these medieval worlds, back in time, and sometimes the future. Is this normal? The dreams are so complicated. I can solve complex tasks and become super creative, i can even write poems and build stuff.
>>
>>18334862
>>18334852
How do you go from lucid to astral?

I think I have good chances of going lucid just because I keep a relatively slow dream journal, but whenever I do I just change scenarios and more often than not I lose my lucidity or get lost in whatever fantasy I come up with, maybe if I had a direct goal I could get there.
>>
>>18335077
It's hard for me to keep centered on a goal in dreams, lucid or otherwise.

It's just that the dream environment keeps changing to distract me from wherever I was going to or whatever I was doing, and trying to exert too much control over the environment breaks the dream and I wake up.
>>
>go into astral
>perform magic
>repeat whenever I don't have physical access to my shrine

this stopped being extraordinary for me a good decade ago
>>
>>18325888
>astral projection and lucid dreaming are essentially the same
>the difference is only that lucid dreams happen when you realize you are dreaming while astral projections are the conscious entering of a dream.
Sorry but I stopped reading after this. You are just another victim of horrible disinformation.
>>
>>18335077
Mindfulness meditation practice may help with that getting lost in the fantasy part of the dream, train your awareness etc.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.