[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jerusalem syndrome is a group of mental phenomena involving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1477319681037.jpg (39KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1477319681037.jpg
39KB, 657x527px
>Jerusalem syndrome is a group of mental phenomena involving the presence of either religiously themed obsessive ideas, delusions or other psychosis-like experiences that are triggered by a visit to the city of Jerusalem. It is not endemic to one single religion or denomination but has affected Jews, Christians and Muslims of many different backgrounds.

>The best known, although not the most prevalent, manifestation of Jerusalem syndrome is the phenomenon whereby a person who seems previously balanced and devoid of any signs of psychopathology becomes psychotic after arriving in Jerusalem. The psychosis is characterised by an intense religious theme and typically resolves to full recovery after a few weeks or after being removed from the area. The religious focus of Jerusalem syndrome distinguishes it from other phenomena, such as Stendhal syndrome in Florence or Paris syndrome for Japanese tourists.

>In a 2000 article in the British Journal of Psychiatry, Bar-El et al.[1] claim to have identified and described a specific syndrome which emerges in tourists with no previous psychiatric history. However, this claim has been disputed by M. Kalian and E. Witztum.[2][3] Kalian and Witztum stressed that nearly all of the tourists who demonstrated the described behaviours were mentally ill prior to their arrival in Jerusalem. They further noted that, of the small proportion of tourists alleged to have exhibited spontaneous psychosis after arrival in Jerusalem, Bar-El et al. had presented no evidence that the tourists had been well prior to their arrival in the city. Jerusalem syndrome is not listed or referenced in the DSM nor in the ICD.

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>18321078
I've been to Jerusalem and nothing happened. Sounds like bullshit to me. A bunch of retarded religious people just live there so some none religious retards get brainwashed after spending some time with them
>>
>>18321078

It's called ley line sindrone in my home dimension.

Just stay out of ley lines.
>>
>>18321101
le lines face
>>
>>18321101
Are you an alien by any chance? Got any advice for us?
>>
>>18321151

>Avoid nuclear war

Like it's ok to kill yourself one against the others, but don't burn and salt the earth, others share this planet with you and the information contained on their DNA it's really valuable in the multiverse.

Killing you against others at least serve the double pourpose of keeping you species strong and active so it's ok to kill people but is not ok to do genocide, really valuable information it's lost by wiping out species .

remember that you are shepherds and sheep at the same time, if your brother is a retarded faggot, probably you are also one .
>>
>>18321078
I think it's connected with the fact that psychiatrists want to make a schizo out of everyone.

I especially suspect the ones who are atheists.
>>
>>18321078
What is a little bit spooky is that reads like an SCP.
>>
>>18321151
Why the fuck would you reply to an RP fag?
>>
>>18324185

>notfunallowed.jpg
>>
>>18324240
You're so cheap.
>>
>people have genuine religious experiences and we call it psychosis
smhtbhfam.
>>
>>18325859
I wonder how many other transformative, esoteric experiences atheist psychologists have dismissed away as psychosis.
>>
>>18321078
If you read the entirety of the text you posted OP, you would know that Jerusalem Syndrome has been thoroughly debunked, and that there are even references provided wherever you copied it from
>>
>>18321078
this is happens to me when i see idf girls
does it count?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.