[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some /x/-related careers that are actually viable to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 8896989[1].jpg (71KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
8896989[1].jpg
71KB, 600x441px
What are some /x/-related careers that are actually viable to achieve? Pic related.
>>
Hobo.
>>
>>18320835
hollywood
>>
>>18320835
Janitor
>>
cd unwrapper
>>
>>18320835
medium/psychic/fortune teller, as insinuated in your pic.
ghost hunter.
exorcist.
occult documentary maker/youtuber.
artist. (occult art has potential for earning a lot)
reiki healer/healer.
feng shui consultant.
psychologist. lol
>>
>>18320903
>listing so many redundant names for a single profession know as a:

con artist.
>>
>>18320907
I bet your dream job would be sharpening katanas.
>>
>>18320907
I guess folklore is the greatest con-scheme ever by your reality.
>>
Unemployed
>>
File: weird van.jpg (1MB, 1800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
weird van.jpg
1MB, 1800x1214px
gipsy
>>
>>18320835
Museum employee (Ape of Thoth)
Taxi driver (maybe only in Maine)
Librarian or journalist
Night watchman / janitor (lots of nope stories)
Horror author / ghost writer
Workman, especially renovation or demolition
Park Ranger (David Paulides's mustache)
EMT (gore)
anything nautical because the sea is full of monsters

Directly /x/, most of the stuff doesn't actually pay unless you're doing a television show out of it.
Card reader / fortuneteller / telephone psychic / medium
Stage magician / debunker
Parapsychologist, if you can find a faculty that'll tolerate spooky side stuff from their psych professors
Ghost hunter, which is unpaid unless you can find a faculty that tolerates spooky side stuff form their history professors

The general trend is jobs that involve being in places people don't normally go or being in busy places after hours when they're deserted.
>>
>>18320936
That would be "internet occultist".
Also "paranormal imageboard janitor".

Thanks to this last election, Meme Magician might actually become a thing. Paid internet shilling isn't nearly as effective as viral marketing.

>>18320912
Interestingly enough, each of the tasks in Japanese swordsmithing is its own profession, so that's actually a thing. Not much demand for it these days, since the high quality katanas aren't being used (they're art pieces; they cost about what a car does). The cheap kind, why would you pay more than it cost to get it perfectly sharpened?
>>
>>18320996
>the high quality katanas aren't being used (they're art pieces; they cost about what a car does)
An actual high quality katana costs about $400-500, and is vastly superior to anything ever made historically, in both durability and functionality.
>>
>>18320961
>mfw I work in a library archive and rarely ever find /x/ related stuff.
>>
>>18320961
Night watchman and janitor here I agree
>>
a roleplayer on 4chan
>>
Taxi driver, you have to deal with absolute fucking weirdos,junkies,alkies,people who have a very slim grip on reality, just........not Maine guy btw, Brit.
>>
>>18321024
That's a reproduction, made using machines to high production standards. They function better than the real thing because modern tech can work wonders. High quality steel, optimal tempering.

I was taking about authentic ones made by master craftsmen using traditional techniques and materials. Only a few of them are doing it anymore, there isn't much market for the product. Which is expensive because it's labor intensive, also scarcity.

>>18321098
You're probably not going to find a grimoire in a locked drawer behind two rows of storage boxes. Look anyway.

But what you will find is tantalizing hints, and they're between the lines in the stuff on local history. Newspapers, small publishing run pamphlets, scrapbooks and photo albums. There are probably several spooky places or suspicious events to investigate.

If anyone asks, you're working on writing a book on local history. If you can't scrape together enough material for a non-fiction book, maybe exaggerate it and base a novel on it.
>>
>>18321466
>That's a reproduction, made using machines
No, it's just made by Chinese sweatshop blacksmiths.

What's the point of traditional techniques and materials (i.e. really shitty steel and generally really shitty everything) btw?
>>
archaeologist, homicide detective, astrophysics, quantum mechanics, MIB
>>
>>18321486
Nah, the ones made in Chinese sweatshops are the cheap ones you buy off BudK for $25. The good ones are genuinely good, you're getting value for your money.

>What's the point of traditional techniques and materials
Fostering traditions. You don't have nationalism in your country? No nostalgia for the past?
Also showing off your wealth, and authenticity snobbery. Some rich people buy paintings (creating jobs for artists), others buy classic cars (creating jobs for restorers), others buy sports teams. Money is only good for spending or investing.
>>
>>18324536
>>Nah, the ones made in Chinese sweatshops are the cheap ones you buy off BudK for $25.
No, those are shitty stainless wallhangers.

Hanwei stuff is absolutely superior to anything traditionally made, blade-wise, and you can get a Practical for like $200 (although it has shit fittings - Practical Pro has decent simple fittings that no one in medieval Japan would reject and I think it's no more than $350).

>>18324536
>Fostering traditions. You don't have nationalism in your country? No nostalgia for the past?
Well, if your "nationalism" leads to fighting with spears when everyone else already has tanks...

Obviously I understand the need to preserve tradition and culture, but my point was that calling a katana made from the shittiest steel in the world "high quality" doesn't really make sense.

A *real* traditional blacksmith, craftsman, whoever, would love to be able to improve his craft, but when you're paid by the government for simply doing the exact same thing over and over and over again, there's no need for that, is it. It's just a stupid anachronism. Culture needs to be living, applicable in daily life, part of your daily rituals, otherwise it withers and dies. Just like their nation did.
>>
File: Detective-with-smoke-flipped.gif (97KB, 490x399px) Image search: [Google]
Detective-with-smoke-flipped.gif
97KB, 490x399px
>>18320835
detective or P.I., maybe private security too
>>
>>18320961
>Park Ranger (David Paulide

>listened to his interviews and read books
>read skinwalker threads (lot of fake stories but occasionally one is legit seeming)

>completely terrified of the wilderness now, whenever I do anything on my 5 acres of property I always carry multiple guns and have dog with me

why did you do this
>>
>be former /div/ reader
>help friend interpret her card spread
>her father is very impressed with my work and asks me for a reading on a legal case
>I give a reading while driving, and he's shocked with my accuracy, says readings like that go for around $100 where he's from
>he confirms every detail in my reading and decides to take my reading's advice on the case
>his daughter tells me the case is worth more than his entire (considerable) estate
>mfw I realize the magnitude of the reading I did while driving
At least I know I have a backup...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.