[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting raped by a dragon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

/x/,

I just did this "self authoring course" by a Dr. Jordan Peterson. It kind of took me to a scary place. You had to "write from a daydream state" (I can't remember the exact wording), about where you wanted to be in the future and what future you wanted to avoid, and I kind of got carried away and stopped taking the questions seriously because, and this is the scary part, I realized the future I really want deep inside is to not have a mind, not be experiencing reality, not to be dead mind you, because death is a state of duality, and I believe in reincarnation anyway, but I just want to be free, like, It's something I can't even put into words. I want to not have to use words, and not feel things, and not be caught up in this world of things and memes and just be beyond it all. In fact I don't even want to "be" because being is a state of duality. I can't even sum up what I'm trying to say, so I don't know why I even bother.

I basically wrote through all the parts of the project, part 1 of it, and it started derailing into literally a bunch of nonsense to me, like what I wrote above. It's the most cringe inducing incoherent nonsense to me. Basically I started doing the project and following the instructions, it started to cut too close to home, I got derailed and started writing that I "do not want".
>>
>>18316222
>and memes
>>
File: pseudo-hexagram.jpg (45KB, 471x472px) Image search: [Google]
pseudo-hexagram.jpg
45KB, 471x472px
>>18316222
>>
>>18316222
What you are referring to, under various names and guises, etc... would be known as "Tao," or in more common terms "Void"- progenitor of existence and the root cause of all interpretations and hallucinations thereof- primal nothing, etc... Don't worry, though- postmortem and postexmortem ad infinitum we all end up there anyway.
>>
>>18316222
Also as an exercise in the underlying causal nature of reality, and defining it to make it "more real" or "relevant" to the mind/body/spirit complex, try constructing a mobius strip, either real or in your head, and on one side write "death," on the other side write "life," twist it and combine it. Notice the phenomenon of the twist, the phenomenon of the supposed separation, and the phenomenon of the "nothing" which surrounds it and holds it into existence. Then try the same exercise, but using other pairs of ideas- for example "creation" and "destruction" or "you" and "I", etc... Hope this helps to define (or divine) it, OP.
>>
>>18316222
haha you fuck you made a bad dragon tulpa and got fucked
>>
>>18316222
I didn't do any kind of self authoring, but I resonate with the feeling you describe in your first paragraph. Since I was a child I would lay in bed and wonder what it would 'be' like to not 'be'. But this is me wanting to avoid the 'problem' of life. I feel like I must escape it in order to find peace and fulfillment on this planet. And when I do I think I'm fully equipped otherwise to take this planet on!
>>
>>18316374
LOL this is the sort of mental retardation that religious fags engage in. Contrived abstraction and extreme reductionism. It's like what retarded 8 year olds think philosophy is.

Here's a tip for you pal: construct a mobius strop with "you" written on one side and "faggot" on the other. Fiddle with it and observe the simultaneous you - faggot duality of your existence.
>>
>>18316222
The fact that you "believe" in reincarnation says to me that deep down you are SHIT scared of not being.

This is the counter system to protect you from your real fear of total and utter annihilation (i.e., when your thought-based ego contemplated the future and realised it wasn't in it).
>>
>>18316222
Moar about the dragon rape please!
>>
>>18316866
No. Reincarnation doesn't presuppose continuing conscious existence. It's totally fricken obvious, we don't have conscious continuity. Death isn't the end, the time before rebirth is the end. We still end. I have some past life memories but it's not an emotional crutch, I know this existence I call me will end.

OP, that's what writing is for. Keep going, get it all out on paper or screen. You may find some resolution or you may not. Don't judge what you write. If it's in there, it needs to come out.
>>
>>18316866

OP here. You got dubs and Kek is interesting, so I don't know what to make of that, but I'm not scared of "not being". The idea of reincarnation terrifies me because, I believe, we're basically in hell; think about it, we live in a world full of suffering, where every pleasure is temporary and destructive. Even the pleasure of raising a child is inherently thrusting a new being into this world, which is suffering, so by having a child, you are willingly bringing someone into this hell. The Christian hell is forever, and death and reincarnation is, potentially, forever, and life is suffering. We're in hell, there's no way around it. The use of the matrix of language and meaning is part of that hell. Or it IS that hell. But even if I were to get beyond the use of language, the physical world is still a world of objects and symbols and differences and divisions, so I'd have to get beyond that as well. I want out of this world of ideas, of thoughts, and thinking; this prison of memes.
>>
>>18316222
trips of truth

op its called nothing. you want to be nothing. i want it too
>>
File: 27-2uoLYzB.jpg (22KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
27-2uoLYzB.jpg
22KB, 400x299px
>>18316866
Anon does know shit about the principles of Reincartanion and Karma..To see the World in rational ways does not make you smart or superior towards those who seek their insight into life,death and existence in ways that differ from yours. Truth is, neither the spiritual "out of touch with the world" Guru nor Mr. Ionlybelivewhatiseeandcanbeproofedwithempiricalfactsandthatmakesmegrumpy know shit whats really going on this weird world. To speak from fear and total utter annihilation on Death is also a way of protective Denial. You deny the fear of the unknown, so you simply react with stubborness and refusal~~~
>>
>>18317156

This is why the object of Buddhism is to break the endless cycle of reincarnation.
>>
>>18317189

OP here. I don't know about reincarnation, as in I haven't devoted much time to studying it, mostly because I don't care because there are multiple conflicting accounts of what it is, and the actual evidence of reincarnation, if you can call it that, (accounts of past life memories, which ARE a real phenomenon), don't support any one particular interpretation of it. I know of Buddhist, and Hindu reincarnation theories, the idea that humans reincarnate only as new humans, or that the soul can move into high or lower forms of life, I know there's Masonic reincarnation, and Gnostic interpretations of reincarnation. And if the Gnostic version is true, which honestly it seems like there's the most evidence for it, then we really don't have any control or choice and we're literally getting raped by a soulless dragon.
>>
>>18317156
I want out of this world of ideas, of thoughts, and thinking; this prison of memes

>>18317198
>This is why the object of Buddhism is to break the endless cycle of reincarnation.

This.

Despite what a lot of elitist /x/ists might think, I would recommend listening to some audio books by Eckhart Tolle. He describes basic spiritual practices EXTREMELY well, in a way that doesn't force you into any one interpretation or set of rules. The ultimate objective is to rise above thought.

As you alluded to, the idea of reincarnation and Christian original sin is that when children are born they need to go through the stages of pre-thought, then thought, then thought transcendence. Identification with thought is the phase where people get stuck, and that is where psychological suffering comes from, so suffering is something that must be transcended in every lifetime. (We can't get rid of pain completely, but we can reduce the psychological suffering caused by thoughts.)

Seriously, get the audiobook Journey Into Yourself. It goes for like 7 hours so perfect for nights when you can't sleep. It's exactly what you're on about.
>>
>>18317040
>I have some past life memories but it's not an emotional crutch, I know this existence I call me will end.

The fact that you can accept the end of your own self during death does not mean reincarnation is not an emotional crutch. Even without spiritual beliefs some people cling to the idea of their genetic legacy in children because they need the idea of SOMETHING continuing on. The idea of nothingness is very confronting, and if you don't think that spiritual beliefs and practices deal with this then I don't even know where you're coming from.

>>18317189
I honestly don't know what you think I was refusing or denying, as I don't fit into either spiritualist or materialist camp. But I'm glad my post gave you a chance to reflect about this stuff.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (34KB, 620x452px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
34KB, 620x452px
>>18317769
If that is the case i really got your Message wrong..mayb i`ve read your text with a certain tone in ma mind or something like that. Tends to happen..Sry Anon
>>
>>18316222
The left hand path is automatic. The right requires justifications and precision.

In other words it sounds like you were very ready to jump into a reality where you control things by projecting your thoughts. The possible consequence is not being fully in control of the mind and thus your reality is not completely under control.

Imagine a conveyor belt moving objects along. You pull levers to change the directional flow of these objects. You can be patient and wait things out because you know there is no immediate consequence to not moving the objects into the right path.

In a first person shooter game reflexes and timing are everything. In that setting you want immediate responses and stimuli.

The way to fix this is by veering towards a reality with more delay and constraints. I'm sorry if this is vague but hopefully you will understand.
>>
My dad always tells me that there's something surreal about being born, living, and dying. Not the technicality of doing those things, but to experience them.
One thing I would suggest is to notice the complexity of every natural living thing. When I'm outside, I look at the trees and the canopy of leaves, especially when they are changing color, and I somewhat lose touch with reality. It's such a gracious state of mind, because I'm detached from all the problems in my life, in society, and the world. I feel like I'm slipping into a subconscious state, where I am displaced from my body.
Don't know how relevant this may come to you. But I hope someone can understand the gravity of my thoughts.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.