[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paganism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: lol peanut.jpg (37KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
lol peanut.jpg
37KB, 600x399px
I want to hear some /x/philes opinion on Paganism.
Any pagan god/spirit encounters
>inb4 tumblr wicca
>I'm not pagan myself just intrested in it
>>
>>18312541
Enough of this religious mumbo jumbo.... who is this semon demon?
>>
>>18312546
Peanut the Jungler from the Rox Tigers a pro league of legends players... and my current celeb crush he's too cute
>>
My maternal grandparents were SUPER into Wiccan/witchcraft in the 40s-60s. My grandfather also worked for the Skunkworks, so he traveled a lot and had sculptures and art from all over the world. The strangest one was supposedly very old. It was a 4 foot high sculpture of a head, but it looked a hell of a lot like an alien to me.
He also had a grimoire that was locked closed and sat on a podium in his study.
I always was uncomfortable in his house, and made a point to not be in any room alone except the kitchen, because it felt normal. The whole house felt like a liminal space.
I was never allowed to spend the night at his house, and I didn't find out until last year, and grandpa has been gone nearly ten years.
My brother had stayed there once in his mid teens to watch the house when my grandpa was out of town on business. He woke up with gashes all across his stomach and legs, and two black eyes. Claims it was my grandpa, but my grandpa had proof from the airline and hotel that he wasn't there.
I don't think they were into Wicca.
Shits fucking creepy and everyone I know how gets into it doesn't stay into it very long.
>>
>>18312541
My partner is a Norse and Finnish pagan. While the Norse I can understand, the Finnish part of her belief system is incredibly old and primeval, predating the current analogs for Germanic gods.

It's very shamanistic and animistic, but also quite brutal and grounded. I don't believe myself and our daughter is dubious, but she's young and enjoys the rituals and stories.
>>
>>18312571
Also should add that my family are primarily Celtic pagans, with an emphasis on Irish Celtic religion. We still celebrate the Christianised holidays, but we also celebrate the other festivals and ceremonies throughout the year.
>>
>>18312541
I'm a Urban sorcerer? "Hedge witch"
I practice a combination of Louisiana voodoo, Norse Rune, and scotch/Irish gypsy wiccanism.
>>
>>18312568
Witchcraft gives me an uneasy feeling desu. I don't ever want to mess with it... or a witch
>>18312571 norse paganism seems... idk a lot more familiar culturally than Finnish which seems like very foreign
>>18312574
Celtic Paganism is the one I'm personally most interested in so thats awesome!
>>18312576
could you elaborate on your practice, I'm intrested
>>
>>18312585
The voodoo is a lot of spirit"loa's" that you channel for certain things.
The runes are good for enchanting items and divination
While gypsy paganism is very symbolical magic. The meaning giving is what is perceived with a basic tenant of where there is life there is magic.
>>
>>18312585
I'm not into either except for the history aspect, but if I had to compare Norse paganism/shamanism/animism to Finnish, I'd compare Norse to a spruce tree, and Finnish to sticky mud. Not saying Finnish is bad, but from what I know of it, it's a lot murkier and vulgar, I guess.
>>
>>18312585
Finish and Norse have many similarities some of the dark beignes in Finnish are exactly like ice giants is description and habbits
>>
>>18312585
>>18312591
>>18312592
They're very similar forms of worship at their core, but Finnish Paganism kept the more brutal aspects which Norse paganism lost to Christianisation.

Live animal and bodily sacrifice are common methods of worship and sources of magic, as well as required lifestyles which don't really mesh with modern living. For example, we have a room in the house for storing her religious items, like elk bones, wolf pelts and eagle sinew, as well as a pond and pen for her fowl.
>>
>>18312606
Does your wife actually sacrifice animals, if so that's intense...
>>
>>18312617
Just the birds, though she was raised on a cattle farm and sacrifice cows more than once.
>>
Most of the people I have hung around in the last couple of years have been armchair pagans(if that is even possible), though the few people I have met that legitimately follow the ways of the Norse Gods are kinda cringy, carrying a ton of weapons on them and listening to AC/DC and other dad rock bands. I will give props to one of them though for having their own hand carved wooden runes they carried around on their belt in a small handwoven pouch. I would say the most interesting and enlightening form of paganism would be the shamanistic forms of it, primarily seen in ancient Norse practices and a great deal of Celtic Druid practices.
>>
>>18312642
I myself like to delve into the divinatory practices of paganism such as runes and soothsaying through shamanic meditation(would use shrooms or something more than just myself if I had a good plug). It has gained me some results and a decent grounding in terms of foresight.
>>
I am a finn, and some of my grandgrand parents were "witches". They could heal people's wouds and they used gods as "Ahti" to bring fish from waters.

of course, if you believe something, the law of attraction bring it to you so when they pray Ahti, fish came etc... as long as you wish to believe law of attraction and multiverse.

Later, when believing these things ended, terms as Ahti staid in the popular phrases in the 60s to 90s. As "let's see will the Ahti bring the fish" even one did not really believed such things no more.
>>
>>18312541
I've heard pagan gods invoked mostly by Chaos mages, nothing more though. Maybe there are some pagans here and there who are proficient in occult, but it's quite the minority.
>>
>>18312652
The only useful, nordic thing I've found are the runes, the beliefs don't really interest me, basically sigils for lazy people.
>>
>>18312655
What is Chaos Magic?
>>
>>18312642
I guess I'm thinking about becoming a pagan, but I feel I would just end up being an armchair pagan desu
>>
File: 1475070582876.jpg (112KB, 870x628px) Image search: [Google]
1475070582876.jpg
112KB, 870x628px
>>18314256
It's a misnomer applied to flame sorceries by the dampened denizens of a certain ocean-faring society
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.