[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any possible way to freeze time /x/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

Is there any possible way to freeze time /x/ ?
>>
bumperino
>>
>>18309933

You can only reduce your time relative to other things. Gravitons are proposed gauge particles for gravity and as such, transfer or just perturb space-time. Think of what stopping time actually means. Think about what time even is.
>>
>>18309933
Yes and its done by taking a picture! kek

Jokes aside, yes it is possible but it is very likely that in this life, you wont be able to reach the level of comprehension allowing it.

Heres a hint to it however,
Theres no "time", there are processes.
"Time" is the figurative/imaginary byproduct of comparison between processes and their progress/difference/change in 'space'.

So to stop/slow time, you need to keep slowing down the feeling of speeding up.
Very hard to do so because your whole body was born into a certain 'speed of process', and because the brain observed this very limited speed of process your whole life it doesnt know how to experience anything beyond it.
So my point is, it will be extremely hard to break the habit of, perceiving and moving at that speed, to speed up.
>>
>>18309933
>>18309961

As for stopping bullets mid air, and such...
>in this life, you wont be able to reach the level of comprehension allowing it.
>>
>>18309933
yes, look... did you see? here again... that was just another 5 minutes frozen. here, last chance... if you didnt feel those 10 minutes freezing i cant help you
>>
>>18309933
there is no time other than the present moment
>>
Even if you could, you wouldnt be able to move, or see anything. Is just another stupid super power IRL like regeneration.
>>
There's a time compression meditation on YouTube somewhere. Did it once and it worked, it was fucked.
>>
>>18310071
link?
>>
>>18309933
You can freeze time by kissing your boyfriend.
>>
>>18309933
If by "freeze" you mean "stop" then yes, there is a way. Kys

Lol. Sorry. Had to do that.

On a serious note. Time is relative, so theoretically yes
>>
>>18310096

The only point in the known universe when time theoretially stops is on the inside of a black hole.
>>
>>18310101
So yes. Theoretically time can stop? I can't tell if you're arguing with me or not?
>>
>>18310133
Yes, but before you reach that point the black hole will rip your molecules apart
>>
>>18310087
thank you for your advice anon it was very helpful
>>
>>18310101
Wrong. The time slows down so much that will appear that it stopped, but time still flows.
And it appears to have stopped only to the observer. If one was to survive inside a black hole for him time will still go normal.
>>
File: just hump u couch.gif (3MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
just hump u couch.gif
3MB, 400x220px
>>18309933
There is but I don't want to assist you in raping everyone
>>
>>18310167
Don't say that anon this is not my goal, if I had that power I would use it only for 'scientific reasons'
>>
>>18310071
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFM6dsiIXvY
?
>>
>>18310087
It's even easier if you give him a quick handjob.
>>
>>18310183
Riiight, sure you would. Ever hear "absolute power corrupts absolutely," anon?
>>
>>18309933
No, you don't get to be DIO.
>>
How can you freeze something that doesn't exist?
>>
>>18309933
ZA WARUDO!!
TOKI NO TOMARE!!
WWRRRYYY
>>
>>18309933
yeah, i freeze time frequently and it gives me a huge advantage over those i deal with.

I signed a confidentiality contract though, so I can't give you the secret.
>>
>>18310337
how does it feel? Can you do a lot of things?
>>
>>18309933
Is that a jojo reference?
>>
>>18309933
>freeze time for everything but "yourself"
>can't see because light isn't moving
>can't breathe because no fresh air is circulating
>freeze to death because thermal activity has stopped
>>
>>18310453
shill detected
>>
>>18310337
tell us more about it
>>
>>18310453

There's technological ways to get around all of that...

...especially if he just wants to be a pervert and stun and rape some ho-hos which is basically the only use for this nonsense! ;^}
>>
>>18310561
>There's technological ways to get around all of that

Explain
>>
>>18310453
You could see by walking into photons hovering in air
>>
>>18310186
Yup I think this is the one
>>
>>18310600
Just need to find some air, do something about the freezing bit and also solve the problem with friction.
Because everything you brush against will experience huge amount of friction in a very short period of time.
>>
>>18310600
The atmosphere is frozen in time. How will you be able o walk? You are going to have to push literally tons of air molecules out of the way. It'd be like trying to walk through solid cement.
>>
>>18309933
your consciousness is connected with time. Fly = Matrix, Elephant = The Fountain
>>
>>18309933

yes

but it'd have to be damn cold
>>
I just did , unfortunately I`ve yet to perfect pocket dimensions so everything came with me.
>>
>>18310864
it is , be carefull you could freeze it foreveeeer
>>
>>18310167
You're no fun.
>>
The weak force
>>
>>18309933
No, there is no such thing as time.
>>
>>18310334
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
>>
meditation every day.
>>
>>18313258
SUTA PURATINAM!
ZA WARUDO!
TOKIO WO TOMARAE!

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA
>>
>>18313251
You are wrong.
Stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>18309933
No.

However, there is a way to occupy a set of time, that's still totally moving at exactly the same rate as before, but in just such a way that coincidentally everything occupies exactly all of the same spatial locations as before. This creates the illusion of time standing still, since for all intents and purposes, it's what you would experience if time did stand still.

But, you basically need to solve the frequency equation for the entire universe to know how to do that on purpose. Partially correct frequency equations will "" freeze "" time between 0% and 100% of the time.

Do remember that time is still going forward from such a perspective. It's just going forward in such a way that each moment looks very similar to the previous one.
>>
>>18309933

No, but what is possible is that you can make your perception of slow down. You can be walking down the street, trip and suddenly it's as if you're going down in slow motion, in that instance instead of just falling flat on your face you're able to move your arms/hands and spin yourself right back on your feet. This happened to me and it was pretty damn cool. I also had that type of experience while playing dodgeball in middleschol.

Unfortunately I don't think it's something someone can control. Unless maybe you're on drugs. (but I've had some weird/bad experiences with my perception of time around me, which I think was probably connected to me being mentally ill, so I don't think having slow motion moments often is a good or healthy thing.)
>>
>stop time
>light stops reaching your eyes
>you can't breathe because oxygen isn't moving
>die
>>
>>18314190
also freeze to death because heat itself is vibration of molecules
>>
>>18314266
If that's true then how do you explain the way a fan works?
>>
File: Collapsing Torus.gif (712KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Collapsing Torus.gif
712KB, 640x640px
>>18314269
Wind is vibration in the approximate shape of a torus. Note that circular motion is just two kinds of vibration--one long the x-axis, and one along the y-axis.
>>
File: circle_rotate_one_red.gif (106KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
circle_rotate_one_red.gif
106KB, 360x360px
>>18314275
>Note that circular motion is just two kinds of vibration--one long the x-axis, and one along the y-axis.

Pic related. Circular motion is just linear vibration in parts.
>>
>>18314275
That doesn't answer the question
>>
>>18314269
>setup 10 fans around self.
>catch fire
>>
>>18314282
Yes it does.
>>
>>18314288
Delete your memory
>>
>>18314289
I appreciate the suggestion, however I choose to decline at this particular moment.
>>
Is there any way to delete a 10 second segment of time and erase anything that happened during it?
>>
File: standing_wave.gif (429KB, 950x563px) Image search: [Google]
standing_wave.gif
429KB, 950x563px
>>18314293
There are ways of entering a perspective in which collecting information about a finite span of space/time regarding the physical universe is impossible, due to quantum principles. However, consequently there is no way to verify that it worked; if you could verify that it worked, then information was exchanged with the outside universe.
>>
>>18309933
Only if you are DIOOOOO!

AHAHAHAHAA!
ZA.....

WAAAARUDOOOOO!!!

I just stopped time for 10 seconds.
It was fun.
>>
>>18314683
i kek'd
>>
>>18309933
The only way I can see it as possible is to somehow reach the speed of light. I personally believe that breaking the light barrier (similar to breaking the sound barrier and causing a sonic boom) would stop time, or at least give the illusion of stopped time. The only way to reverse the flow of time would be to go faster than the speed of light. Who knows though. According to E=MC2, it's impossible to reach light speed.
>>
>>18309933
I once experienced a time stop back in 2003 when I was 13 years old. I was crossing a street to go to a ball game(Astros vs Cardinals) at the minute maid park with my family, when I was almost hit by a bus. The bus was within 3-5 feet of hitting me, but I focused entirely on crossing the street. There was a flash of light, and time just stopped as well as sound. My parents were weeping but I could barely hear them, as it was a faint echo. The feeling of having time stop for 10-15 seconds was a sudden tranquility as I rushed pass the bus, with my heart having the spirit of God within me.

After the game, I met an angel across the street, a black female wearing the robe of a franciscan monk. She told me and my family to be more careful, and not risk my life so haphazardly. I'm not sure exactly what her name was, but my mom guessed that her name was Wanda.
>>
File: 1467098146867.jpg (125KB, 752x581px) Image search: [Google]
1467098146867.jpg
125KB, 752x581px
>>18314888
Are trips angelic?
>>
>>18314888
>be stupid kid
>cross the street without looking both ways
>get in dangerous situation
>adrenaline kicks in
>everything seems to take forever
>get out of shitty situation by the skin of of my teeth
>black lady tell we should be more careful

wow guyz i like just stopped time and met an angel that told me to be careful

Fucking hell you niggers are retarded.
When my car spun out and got into an accident it also felt like a minute but it happened in about a second.
That's what the human brain does in this kind of situations. When you remember them everything seems so slow and it seems like there were so many things you could have done.
>>
doesn't matter
how would you notice?
>>
>invent machine that stops time for 1 second
>start machine
>time stops for ever because the second will never pass

gg
>>
If u move with speed of light time will stop for you.
GL ANON
>>
>>18310337
How do you see when light stops?
>>
Stand power
>>
>>18310030
Say that to Deadpool
>>
> take time
> place in freezer
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.