[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Human Precursor Super Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_20161106-222957.png (707KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161106-222957.png
707KB, 1280x720px
I was watching a youtube video last night I had clicked on for whatever reason and was reminded of a topic that has fascinated me in the past. This video was discussing some of the backstory of the popular video game series Halo.

To be more specific the video was discussing how the Forerunners had encountered The Flood and basically chose to destroy themselves in order to destroy The Flood. Before they did this they first collected many different samples of intelligent life and had them stored to be reseeded throughout the universe. The part that interests me most is that I guess humans are a primitive version of the Forerunners. I don't care if I'm slightly off here. What I want to discuss is if such a thing could be reality, not the fictional Halo universe. It seems to me such a hypothesis would explain pretty well the lack of intelligent life we should otherwise expect to see throughout the cosmos.
>>
>>18309637
Is it a real flood or a metaphorical flood?

sorry, never played halo
>>
>>18309640
The flood is an alien race that corrupts eveything, it is also unrelated to the question.
>>
>>18309640
Flood are basically spores that turn shit into zombies.
>>
Yeah the flood are basically a zombie parasite with a collective consciousness. I also could have done a better job explaining the Forerunners destroyed not only themselves but all advanced life.
>>
File: Ancient Aliens.jpg (63KB, 564x475px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Aliens.jpg
63KB, 564x475px
>>18309637
The Pre-Human Super Civilization would explain why we find ancient tech, like fossils of power outlets and fossils of space ship models.
>>
>>18309749
Yea, old school dildos are cool.
>>
File: Water on Mars 2.jpg (36KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
Water on Mars 2.jpg
36KB, 450x500px
>>18309637
>>18309749
Always thought it'd be interesting if life originated from Mars
>Evidence of water on Mars from Geological markings
>Supports the theory of previous life on Mars
>Until either...
>All the resources on Mars were used up
>Or Weapons of Mass Destruction were used
>in turn some how stopping plate tectonics
>Fucking up Mars' Dynamo System, in turn
>Fucking up Mars' Magnetic Field, in turn
>Fucking up Mars' Atmosphere, in turn
>Making Mars no longer habitable
>Who ever was still alive on Mars escape to Earth
>(Which no one had gone to for whatever fucking reason, details details)
>Life on Earth?
>>
>>18309773
Mars was the Biblical Garden of Eden
>>
>>18309637
Anon we don't see any intelligent life cause everything's 30,000 years in travel time away

Our neighbor Star could have 4chan knock offs and we wouldn't know for a while
>>
>>18309637
1) It's fairly well established in the scientific community that humanity evolved from single celled organisms. How the first single celled organism was developed is still a mystery--if indeed it's possible at all. To date, no scientist has publicly synthesized a life from from non-living materials.

2) There are single celled organisms living on the *outside* of the International Space Station.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/188479-astronauts-find-living-organisms-clinging-to-the-international-space-station-and-arent-sure-how-they-got-there

3) Panspermia is the theory that Earth was seeded by single celled organisms clinging to meteorites or other vehicles through deep space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

So to recap: there is NO working recipe for theory for how life evolved from non-living materials. There IS undeniable proof that single celled organisms can survive in space. Therefor, the most likely origin story for life on Earth is panspermia.

Here's a twist--maybe the Forerunners never managed to send any life capsules at all. Maybe bacteria are the flood. Think about it.
>>
>>18309784
I'm not so well read on all the facts and figures but I understand some famous scientists have popularized the question of why the milkyway hasn't been colonized by intelligent life to the extent that we have contact with other civilizations. That last part is a good point but I suppose my original query remains intact, could there have been some previous super civilization? Could we be some primitive offshoot of this? Would there be more intelligent life if there hadn't been some great catastrophe?
>>
>>18309899
I like your twist. So in your scenario we are the Flood?
>>
I love the idea of meeting a precursor human. I imagine he'd be really tall and handsome. I fantasize about his giant phallus penetrating my lubed anus over and over again before climaxing in my face with a gush of hot sticky ambrosia.
>>
File: Fractal_Face.jpg (799KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fractal_Face.jpg
799KB, 1080x1080px
>>18310010
You ever think about what's going to eat your body, after you die? So, who's *really* on the top of the food chain then? What English word do you use to describe the type of organism that will be first to consume your body after you're done with it?
>>
>>18311182
That's an awfully graphic description Mr. Doppelganger. How do you ever have peace with a mind like that? Oh well. Thanks for your input.
>>
They weren't aliens you clowns. There was an advanced civilization that collapsed 11,500 years ago at the end of the younger dryas. It was largely populated by Celtic peoples and was global. There is a ridiculous amount of evidence all the way up to native Maori that were celtic people.
>>
>>18309640
Metaphorical.
/x/ goddamnit
>>
>>18311466
>implying celts were a thing back then
They spreaded all over the world, many settled in sumer, created babylon, illiterate cuck
>>
>>18311256
God
>>
>>18312755
"Celtic" is a word to describe a race. What the anon you are talking to is talking about is WHITE PEOPLE
>>
File: ThePrimordial.jpg (65KB, 704x469px) Image search: [Google]
ThePrimordial.jpg
65KB, 704x469px
>>18309637
>>18310010
In halo there's actually a race even older then the forunners, and they don't even know when they showed up. They are the creators of all life in the galaxy.

Long story short, forunners ended up killing off the precursors (they didn't fight back at all and accepted it.) Because the precursors chose humans to be the rightful heir to the mantel (apex species). The precursors end up coming back as the flood. But all life evolved from their ability to become any shape they would need, Which explains why any race and species can be infected by them.
>>
>>18309637
Easily my most hated sci-fi cliche, and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest such a thing having existed on this planet outside of pseudoscientists like David "Everyone in a position of power is a reptilian agent" Icke.
>>
>>18313157

REALLY? THATS your most hated cliche?

Out of all of them, that's the one? You're crazy.
>>
>>18313108
Man, the Forunners sound like a bunch of petty assholes.
>>
>>18313177
a-fucking-men
>>
>>18312765
So you have proof that the people of sumer were actually white?
I just want you to realize, that every other fucking guy will talk about how "his people" shat out civilisation all on their own.
Be it whites, arabs, blacks or even asian folk.

Many civilizations happened simultanously; sumer is the earliest we common folk have evidence of; we actually don't know jack shit, just played a big fucking round of telephone (Chinese whispers).

Whites arent genetically advanced just because they share the genes for bright skin tone
>>
>>18313247
They really are, in the books it's even worse too, all of them dicking around playing politics then actually dealing with the flood. Defeating the humans in war, but after they defeated the humans they reverse their evolution so it wouldn't be possible to fight back ever again. Then regretting doing it because the humans managed to defeat the flood and the humans didn't teach them how to do it. They even wipe the whole precursor thing from their "collective memory banks" because they knew they were being petty assholes and didnt want to remeber it. I mean they are honorable as all heck at some points, but they are also all douches.
>>
>>18309637
your fantasying fiction from non fiction.. boy if you dont

if anything the lack of abundant intelligent life sprung from fuckery in the last 100 years.
>>
>>18309773
Wouldn't it be funny if all throughout time humanity periodically moved from Earth to Mars and vice versa? We fucked up Mars so moved to Earth and promptly started fuking it up and once it's almost used up we will start terraforming Mars preparing for the next big shift.
>>
>>18309899
>So to recap: there is NO working recipe for theory for how life evolved from non-living materials. There IS undeniable proof that single celled organisms can survive in space. Therefor, the most likely origin story for life on Earth is panspermia.

Except one big problem with the panspermia theory: where exactly did the space cells come from in the first place?

It's a stupid theory that only deflects the question of where life originated from. You might as well say 'God did it' for all the good it answers how living cells evolved.
>>
>{{prophets}} try to replace Honorable Elite race with barbaric Brutes

>Elites as a whole rebel and join the green man and his army

Against the brown hordes and the Rings

There is a reason Bungie loves the number seven.
>>
Actually humans aren't primitive Forerunners, the Forerunners were at war with an ancient spacefaring race of humans tens of thousands of years before history as we know it starts. The humans destroyed forerunner planets full of civilians to kill the Flood because they couldn't risk the infection spreading. The forerunner didn't know of the Flood until after they began war with humans and so they used a machine to revert humanity to its primal state. After the Forerunner found out about the flood, they created the Halos to wipe out all life in the galaxy, while keeping specimens of the flood on the Halo rings. This should've wiped out the humans but a Forerunner leader, the Librarian, found out the humans were just trying to stop the flood. She decided to manipulate human genes to ensure that certain people (especially Master Chief) would be born, just in case her people failed. She believed the humans were better than her people, because their decision was to take out everything, rather than sacrifice a few and keep the galaxy safe.

But to answer your question, I like to believe that we are going to be that precursor race that colonizes the stars for others to join or to admire the vastness of our civilization.
>>
>>18309773
https://a.pomf.cat/fpwkgo.pdf
>>
>>18309773
I've always supported this idea in a way. That the massive meteor that wiped out dinos was actually the landing of a gene-generator designed to wipeout the more massive threats to intelligent life forms while also terraforming the planet into a more hospitable place. Always wanted to go diving in the Mexican Gulf Jacuzzi of Death to see what may lie at the bottom, as in my mind that's gotta be where the "meteor" struck.
>>
>>18311256
Decomposer, I guess? Cause we have insects, fungus, the elements if you're out in the open.
>>
>>18314207
Really wanna play some halo now, dang
>>
>>18317743
Elaborate.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.