[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: scarydoor.jpg (269KB, 2016x1166px) Image search: [Google]
scarydoor.jpg
269KB, 2016x1166px
Hey /x/
Something weird happened to me last night at the apt. complex I live. I'm not good at telling stories, but I'll try my best.

As I was parking last night coming home from work, I noticed a set of keys hanging my the mailboxes. I usually park around there since it's easy to check my mail as soon as I get home. Anyway, the keys were hanging from a open mailbox next to mine. At first, I looked around to see if anyone was there and maybe forgot to take them off, but there was nobody, just me and the silent night.

I took it upon myself to investigate and looked inside the mailbox to see if there was anything there I could use to identify the owner of said keys. I opened it and I was able to see a card that said the building number and the apt. number. It was about like 3 buildings away from mine so I was like "what the hell, let me just go over there and knock on their door."

As I walk over there, it just felt that it was slightly more quiet than usual, but whatever, I kept walking. The keys were a car key, the mail key, and also the apt. key that looked just like mine since they all look the same. It also had a keyless entry to I beep-ed it and one of the cars unlocked. So I told myself they are definitely home so I'm gonna go and knock their door.

Cont. ???
>>
Cont.

I knocked a few times, no answer. Then I started to call out "hello, is anyone home?" still no answer. So I looked at the keys and said, "maybe I should just open the door and see for myself, I mean I'm doing them a favor anyway I don't think they'll mind." I opened the door, and to my surprise there was no one there. It almost felt too empty for some reason, like no one has been there all day or something. I walked in, and looked around nervously because I didn't want to get caught breaking and entering basically, but I noticed a phone was left on the counter. "That's strange, why would anyone leave without their phone?" I looked at it just because maybe I could call someone, but once again I was spooked. There were about 10 missing calls from a unknown number. At this point I didn't know what to do. I started getting a bad feeling about it so I left but kept the door unlocked in case someone came home. I decided to wait until the next morning and go to management and tell them about the keys.

Cont. ???
>>
I'm doing it little by little cause I'm at work so I gotta post before I help a customer, it logs me out of the browser.

Anyway. Cont.

I went up to the office early in the morning today. I asked around if someone called about a set of missing keys left by the mailboxes. They said no, and asked me what apartment I live at. I was like "okay why would they ask me that?" anyway I told them and I gave them the keys. Then they asked what mailbox number I found them at, I told them that I don't remember the box number, but I was able to look inside of it and it said the building and apt. number in it. "okay, let me look it up in the system. hmph, that's weird..." said the lady looking at me suspiciously. I replied "What's wrong?"

"It looks like no one lives there, that apt has been vacant for a while."

"No way" I said. "I opened the door and there was stuff in there, furniture, and even a phone that obviously looked that someone recently used cause it was on"

She kept looking at me suspiciously, so I told her, "Hey just keep the keys cause I don't know what happened, but I gotta go." She said to me that I shouldn't be opening other people's doors and I should've gone directly to them next time. I walked home, and I was shaking. I felt like something was really really wrong. From the look the landlord lady gave me, and from those missed calls. Also her saying that the apartment was vacant and there was no way anyone lived there. A few mins go by and I'm in my apartment having breakfast with gf and an alarm on our phones went off. It was an Amber Alert... and it said it was close to our city so we both thought "damn that sucks" and kept eating, but then I remembered... "The car that I unlocked with the set of keys I found had a car seat in it..."

I quickly ran outside and the car was just gone... I got so fucked up in my head. I was thinking to call the police, but then I would look suspicious so I went back inside and didn't say anything to my gf.

Cont.?
>>
>>18307688
Spooked
>>
>>18307688
Dubs for cont
>>
Cont. (End)

So basically here I am now playing it in my head and it makes no fucking sense. I have no idea what the fuck happened and I'm such a coward so I can't call the police... I got to work and I feel like I'm being watched.

Sorry for my bad spelling/writing I'm kinda terrified still, and English isn't my first language. I will answer questions now if you'd like. Just reply to this post.. Thanks for reading.
>>
File: me_rn_famalamig.jpg (40KB, 476x460px) Image search: [Google]
me_rn_famalamig.jpg
40KB, 476x460px
>>18307737
>>
>>18307756
Come the fuck on OP, jsut go to that place, if people catch you just say that you forgot something.
>>
>>18307764

Forgot what? I'm hoping to see police when I come back home tonight. I have a feeling that someone got kidnapped last night at my apt. complex and that I kinda helped by leaving the door and the car open. Also, I have a feeling the landlord is hiding something... I don't wanna go back home tonight. What if someone breaks in and murders me and my gf? FUCK MAN REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18307737
The following day the car came back and I even if spooked decided to check if there is something in the car also since it was in the middle of the day.
After opening the car with the key I found another phone that had 4 unread messages.
I decided to check them out and it was a single message spread out that said "LET ME IN.".
After getting thoroughly spooked i decided to head back to home but while closing the car i noticed that man door hand hook car door
>>
>>18307783

What happened to me is real, no need to mock my English there, buddy. I thought I did a good job explaining it, but it looks like you need a Master's in English before you can post in 4chan? lmao
>>
Just got a call from the police omg omg omg omg

They asked about the keys, and if I had tried to come into the apartment
>>
>>18307923
What have you answered?
>>
>>18307941

I told them I have no idea about anything basically and that I just took the keys to the landlord lady in the morning. They said they wanted to ask me a few more questions in person so idk.... I'm freaking out man
>>
>>18307737
>A few mins go by and I'm in my apartment having breakfast with gf and an alarm on our phones went off. It was an Amber Alert... and it said it was close to our city so we both thought "damn that sucks" and kept eating, but then I remembered... "The car that I unlocked with the set of keys I found had a car seat in it..."

Wait, uh... What? What kind of alarm is that? The car had a car seat? Really?
>>
I'll bite, OP. How did your conversation with the police go?
>>
>>18308187
Amber alert is an alert usually in text message form from authorities about a missing child in the area. They come from your service provider and they can't be turned off. It's a thing here in the US
>>
>>18308187
amber alert is a local alert system that will send out messages whenever a child is missing in your area. Most American phones have it standard as on. It can really freak the shit out of you in at 2 in the morning, and is frankly not very useful. Most abductions, especially quickly reported ones, are instigated by someone the family knows. Sending out an alert doesn't change that.
>>
>>18308241
You can definitely turn it off. Check your phone settings. I have it turned off. You cannot, however, turn off the federal alert system, whatever that's called. Not like it's ever been used...
>>
OP I want to believe. But...

...you said the car beeped when you tried the key fob, not that you looked at it.

...if a vacant apartment has furniture in it the leasing office would definitely want the keys because if there are squatters they'd at least want to charge them rent. They probably also wouldn't tell you whether or not it's vacant, and would probably just take the key. That isn't just 2spoopy4truth, that's just bare bones management.

Maybe OP is actually a ghost.
>>
>>18307805
He wasn't making fun of your English, it's an established meme. You need to lurk more, bud.
>>
>>18308251
Wow, I didn't know that. I always thought we were required to receive them
>>
I was wondering if that was an undercover apartment for FBI agents, but an FBI agent wouldn't forget keys and a phone. Plus, I don't know if that's the kind of thing they'd do.
>>
>>18307744
Noice digits lad
>>
>>18308323
if it was in use by FBI or whatever they'd probably want the landlord to know the place was occupied...not by who, necessarily.
>>
>>18308341
Yeah, the whole idea just sounds too much like hollywood bullshit to me. Not that the kidnapping theory doesn't...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.