[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

File: 229445-valhalla.jpg (10KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
229445-valhalla.jpg
10KB, 320x214px
What do you think really happens when you die /x/? My theory is that you just gain a new consciousness in a baby's body the second you die as a whole new person.
>>
Whatever the truth is, it's still the same in every way; that conciousness is no longer YOURS, there is no more YOU.
>>
you watch your whole life and your dream life
you spend some time with the same cravings you have here but unable to satisfy
you then go throu all the spheres up
and then you come back down from them. imagine a sinusoid.
>>
The saved go to Heaven to await Judgement Day with Christ.

The unsaved go to Hades to await Judgement Day.

Every thread I give the real and true answer and it gets ignored.

Oh well.
>>
>>18303905
I think you spend agonizing hours wasting your life away on a board where you see the same fucking thread >>18295513 over and over until you wish for the release of death to deliver you.
>>
You would prefer not to know
>>
You become a spirit.

Death itself does not exist. The body is like the clothes of the soul, when we don't need them anymore, we depart. Same as how snakes change their skins, but they never die, we continue living but as incorporeal beings
>>
You will transcend this reality into the next, experiencing the wonder of oneness with the encompassing energy. You will gain knowledge which was incomprehensible before. You will be unified with all things past, all things future. You will open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.
>>
the most comfy uninterrupted sleep you could ever wish for.
>>
>>18303905
Then how come the population is increasing? Where do the new people come from
>>
>>18303905
Probably nothing will happen. No such thing as a soul either. Human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labour under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honourable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
>>
>>18303942
Here's your (You)
>>
>>18303905
Nothing. You just stop. I can't wait.
>>
>>18304020
athieists love this option because it's easy and requires no responsibility. just like atheism
>>
>>18304026
Any other option is pure self delusion.
>>
>>18304026
can't accept the truth, buddy?
>>
>>18303905
you see everything, throughout all time, able to create any and all changes you desire, and then you create a new body for yourself and shove your consciousness into it.
>>
>>18303905
im not sure but i had a handful of out of body experiences when i was younger so im convinced there is something more. i used to believe that we're all the same being experiencing different lives and we when die, we will become one again. fuck knows though.
>>
>>18304028
tbf, you're being as ignorant as religious extremists. you dont know, neither do i, and i doubt anyone else on here knows.
>>
>>18304051
Not even remotely. There is zero evidence anything happens to you after you die, people just make up whatever nonsense they want and call it faith. Being an atheist means owning your shit here and now.
>>
>>18304059
>doesnt know about soul technology

cloning is the single most repressed technology for a reason
>>
>>18303960
No, I think I would.
>>
>>18304059

Who's gonna turn up the evidence? Scientific equipment can't register spiritual energy. The dead aren't gonna come back. If they have any ability to control themselves, they are fucking running away from this shit as fast as possible.

The only right answer is: I don't know.
>>
>>18303905
Your_Memory = realloc(Your_Memory, INFANT_MIND)
>>
>>18304059

>Atheist: Being a complete lack of fun since 33AD.
>>
>>18304026
as opposed to religion? lol
>>
>>18303991
>I'd rather believe in pagan shit compared to God's word.
>>
>>18303905
I think I want it to be such that I no longer exist as what I believe to be the result of my physical being, being. That, as I die, my sense of the world, and thus my sense of perceived self will slowly fall apart, until no real thoughts can be made, and then until no sensations can be felt, and then until no real activity correlating to "being home" is present at all. In turn, my physical being eventually also will cease to be as it is now, and I will truly no longer exist in terms of emergent properties that stem directly from the quality of a human-shaped thing that re-arranges the material around it to continue living, or even possess the qualitative state that most living human-shaped things possess in order to be called alive.

I will decay after I fall apart, after I am swallowed whole by the quiet, dark senescence.

No one will be able to identify me, eventually, and not even my corpse will contain any trace of my identity, human-scope wise. Eventually, everyone who continues to live past my expiration, who had the chance to even know my name, will either forget even my name, or also expire. And so, even the memories of my existence will melt away until there's nothing of note left, beyond the building blocks that I decay into.

Unless someone is able to, accidentally happens to, or deliberately succeeds in trying to replicate the exactly similar state/s that resulted in what I believe to be the emergent properties that go for my consciousness, and by extension, my mind. Then I'd probably be vaguely amused and upset at the same time.
>>
>>18303989
You might be making a categorical mistake there. Human consciousness isn't a tragic misstep. It's simply that Human modes of reasoning, as they are now, are naturally geared for modes of existence that are well behind us. There need not be someone inside the machine, for the machine to operate as it it is behaving, as if it actually feels something that's inaccessible to any other observer present.

You should know that by knowing that cells exist. We're nothing more than the result of a colony of tissues working together to clone themselves. Where the accretion of matter results in, per most cases, more complexity.

Our brains aren't hard wired to play chess, but they are hard wired to recognized face-like attributes in anything so as to identify possible threats. While it's been proven that we can indeed play chess, we were not required to play chess to survive, and thus there exists the potential for the subject, the human being, to breed itself to naturally be able to play chess and recognize facial features in the environment.

We're not even really that self-aware. Having a subconscious is folly for self-awareness, because that causes an entire layer of thought/operation to be inaccessible to what you call your "sense of self". Do you know your darkest inhibitions? Your most basic ruminations? Or are you only really able to/required to know and consider what's at the forefront of your mind- what's going on in the here and now?

We are so very natural. So natural, we cannot play chess naturally. Life started as self-assembling molecules, working to create negentropy for the sake of creating more negentropy and assembling more molecules through simple and yet elegant programming sequences.

We should be doing everything but trying to kill ourselves. To think otherwise is conceited in it's own right, to think otherwise is so... anthropomorphic. So, well, human of you.

There is more than human. There can always be more. Always. More.
>>
>>18305134
>I think my god is the right one out of millions of other gods
>>
>>18303905
nothing
>>
Jack squit, you're dead, lifeless carcass rots and decays.
>>
>>18305176
Go back to smoking dope.
>>
One of the final gifts, maybe in an act asking for forgiveness, the night my twin brother died I felt my consciousness and 'self' rise up out of my body while I was in bed. I could never explain it until I found out three days later when they found my twin dead of a heroin overdose three states away.

I'll spare the details but my brother wasn't the nicest of people and we fell apart for a couple years. When w were teens we talked a lot about life and the possibility of an afterlife and promised each other that if one of us died we'd do anything we could to let the other twin know there's more after all of this.

I think in his final moments he wanted forgiveness and what I experienced was his way of fulfilling our promise.
>>
>>18305338
good argument
>>
You decompose and your base components are eventually redistributed in to other shit so it can succumb to entropy and do the same.

tl;dr - Fuckin lifestream, bruh.
>>
>>18303905
Since you cant just experience nothingness, something is pretty much bound to happen (even if it is really bad for you)
>>
>>18303905
your question assumes something happens when you die.
>>
>>18303989
Truth.
>>
>>18304051
I've been dead for four minutes over the course of my 'life'. Not shit happens. Was like a nap.

Wish I had died and stayed dead, but apparently that's just not for me. Sucks, really.
>>
>>18305422
Your answer is so stubborn it hurts,OP obviously wanted an in depth answer about what could happen,there are a lot of options depending on the angle you look it from >>18303905, but I don't think becoming a subconscious parasite in a babys mind is the answer
>>
>>18305224
>>
>>18305175
Have as much optimism as you please, just don't bring new lives into this mess.
>>
File: 17912470.jpg (23KB, 310x400px) Image search: [Google]
17912470.jpg
23KB, 310x400px
>>18305481
Atheist here, for years I thought similarly to you and wanted to die. There's a way to truly live without suffering, and without deluding yourself. It's mindfulness based cognitive therapy. Trust me on this, you want this book. Buy the book and try the program if only to prove me wrong. The central understanding is that we often have maladaptive relationships to our ideas, including narratives about ourselves and others, that end up being self-defeating. We react to our ideas as if they were real, and so they become real as far as their impact on us. In the end you'll be able to be as pessimistic / realistic about reality as you are now, only without it affecting you in a life-crushing way.
>>
>>18305619
But, my optimism necessitates that I strive to bring the best possible lives into the system.

I won't if I should not or can not, but I will if I should or can.
>>
>>18305882
Adopt. to have babies when there are unwanted children is sheer vanity.
>>
File: 1026160625.jpg (691KB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1026160625.jpg
691KB, 4160x2340px
Your sense fade quickly and your mind lapses over itself trying to scrounge your memory for something to save you from the situation. Influenced by outside sounds, as hearing is the last sense lost, you begin vividly hallucinating. You hear encouraging things, you remember your loved ones saying them to you. Not seeing them the brain refutes the blackness of your eyes being shut off and you see starburst from your eyes not receiving proper circulation.

Scientificly, that's what happens, until it all turns to nil.

The near death I experienced was a mad swirl of colors overlaying the figures around me and a horrendous buzzing in my ears. It felt like eons passed. I dream of it sometimes and wake up screaming.
>>
In death we find the truth, it is upon finding said truth that the mind thus rejects and the cycle begins again, forgetting what was once known.
Some may experience "dreams" of remembrence achieving more clarity with every repeat.
Many will remain blind for the mindless entertainment throughout life seeks to keep you numb from the truth.
>>
File: 1477850411381.jpg (97KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477850411381.jpg
97KB, 550x512px
>>18303905
Being in a constant loop of living must be damnation squared, but likely. Maybe those monks up in tibet devote their lives to their art to escape the maddening cycle.
>>
The true basis of reality is consciousness. The universe could just as easily exist as it does now without consciousness. There is nothing that separates humans from a complex computer. But somehow, there is an experience. The ONLY thing we can know objectively is that there IS an experience. Humans are simply creatures that developed the capacity to perceive the "world" and the intellect to recognize it, but the fundamental capacity to even experience anything at all must be the basis of reality, otherwise there is no reason why humans aren't simply chugging away like machines without any sort of manifestation of what we call existence.
>>
>>18306019

As for what happens when you die, nothing. The consciousness that forms the basis of our reality simply loses the ability to perceive through what you call your body, at the same rate that you do. Your body and identity will die but you essentially live through every other creature of perception. The experiences of all intellectual beings are separate but not their experienc-er, the consciousness that makes up reality, what some people call god.
>>
>>18305939
What happen that caused this near death experience?
>>
>>18305958
Vague, pretentious, and unhelpful.
>>
>>18305985
Assuming reincarnation does hold, why would they be immune to the cycle just because they've achieved a calm through trained disassociation?
>>
>>18303988
And what happens if 90% of those people die, what happens to the extra dead souls?
>>
>>18306067

They wouldn't. That is where Buddhism fails and becomes nothing but a slow form of suicide (or the most intense hedonism). If death is an illusion, life is suffering, and the true self (God/Consciousness/Brahman) is eternal, than any meditation will only serve to enhance/numb the practitioners experience. It will do nothing to enlighten the billions of other conscious being in this universe. Enlightenment = Death.
>>
>>18306085
Well, considering there's no proof for this whatsoever at the moment, I'm going to remain agnostic. I'll see what happens when I die or maybe I won't. Who knows?
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (10KB, 142x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
10KB, 142x225px
>>18306019
Mind fetishism combined with a basic category error. Perception is fundamentally interpretive, but this doesn't mean that reality is dependent on consciousness any more than a territory is dependent on a map of it. Perception is a map of reality that consciousness experiences.
>>
>>18303988
>Where do the new people come from
thats not how that works
>>
>>18306099
this.
>>
You misunderstand me if you think I have any sort of mind fetishism.

>Perception is a map of reality that consciousness experiences.

Nothing I said contradicts this.
>>
>>18306114
>>18306099

The only issue is I use the word reality to describe consciousness while you use it to describe what intellect perverts.
>>
>>18303905

I know what happens after you die. At-least, I'm pretty sure of it, since I've already had a near death experience: I drowned when I was a teen and got resuscitated.

Answer: I remember feeling extreme panic followed by a huge urge to sleep, just like when you lose consciousness and pass out. And then nothing. Pure nothing, just like when you're sleeping.

I never believed in heaven anyway. Even as a kid. I saw on TV once that our brain functions like a computer and vice versa. So, if a computer "dies" what happens to all of the data it had inside of it? It's just lost forever. Even if you repair it and do a clean install of its Operating System, it's not the same machine.

It's like when u lose your memory and become an Amnesiac. Your old self is dead, and whoever you are now is not the same you that existed before. That previous "you" is lost forever, even if you regain your old memories.

TLDR: Nothing happens. Enjoy the life you have now, and just try to be happy you got the chance to be alive, no matter how shite it can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0GpV8IgDZc&index=1&list=PL542287AFD67E35E6
>>
>>18306046
I'm not a fluent with words. This is exactly what I believe in.
>>
>>18305905
There are more variables involved than vanity.
>>
What are the chances that hell or some place of extreme punishment exists?

What are the chances of reincarnation?
>>
>>18306579
>There are more variables involved than vanity.
Thanks for listing them. :^)
>>
>>18306019
>there is nothing separating humans from a complex computer

Please take Intro to Neuroscience at your nearest university and then come back
>>
>>18306590
i'd say high since both exist in some form in every religion.
>>
Nothing...
>>
>>18304059
actually there is evidence
>>
File: tumblr_mofg90tX7e1snj7fwo2_500.gif (498KB, 500x203px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mofg90tX7e1snj7fwo2_500.gif
498KB, 500x203px
>>18303905
Remember, next time choose to not return.
>>
>>18306990

Semantics. The relevant point is that for every state of consciousness there is a corresponding physical state in the brain.
>>
>>18307002
which have no proof other than stories written by humans millenia ago
>>
>>18306887
It wouldn't make any sense for me to list them. You don't seem exactly open to discussion.

>what is soft-molding
>>
>>18303982
but snakes do die you dumb cunt
>>
>>18303988
there have been 100+ billions of people who lived and died on this earth. maybe some get reincarnated at different times ? seems like a reasonable explanation, but i believe there are no individuals before birth and after death, we're all part of god, or a one-ness. even if there is some individuality it's dulled down a lot, since most of our selfish action are dictated by reason and biological imperatives
>>
>>18303989
True Detective quote.
>>
Gaia.com Cosmic Disclosure series, 5th season has an hour long free episode
Good stuff
>>
>>18303942
God you're fucking annoying
>>
>>18303915
And the truth isn't your opinion either.
>>
>>18307862
Wrong reply there, friend
>>
>>18305176
Lmao rekt.
>>
>>18305472
this
>>
>>18309379
God is a good friend.
>>
>>18303942
what happens to the souls of people from other religions? And what happened to the souls of all humans that died before the time of Christianity?
>>
>>18304026

It's what i've always thought. They prefer the simple way, convicing themself that they won't be judged for their actions.
Most of them are just afraid of death, they have fear that someone might punish them for their bad behaviour.
I will also tell you that i believe that most of them, in their deep, still believe in god, still fear the fact that THAT ONE DAY they might find him right in front of them.
>>
>>18311062
damn man, you're right...your god is definitely the real and true one. what were we crazy non-believers thinking?
>>
>>18303989
>Falling for jewish science this hard
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.