[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could there be ghosts in space?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

It's a silly question but it comes from a serious train of thought, so please hear me out.

Could a ghost, or a haunting, reach space?

Last night a friend and I were joking around about the Pope and how much holy water he could possibly bless, and we touched the topic about the range and power of curses. We got serious when we asked ourselves if spirits are bound to Earth in a manner similar to gravity.

Are demons or spirits stuck on Earth? Could it be possible to summon an avatar of a deity inside a spaceship? Would they be affected by space in the same way we are? Could a spaceship be haunted, much like the Flying Dutchman myth?

I am genuinely curious about this topic. What if there's something else out there we've yet to awaken? What if our deities really turn out to be Old Ones, and they are as cruel and disgusting as our books describe them to be?
>>
File: 1419931699128.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1419931699128.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>18303366
I've been doing research on many paranormal topics over the course of 5-6 years, mostly focusing on the spirit realm, ghosts, soul, angels and demons, energy manipulation and so on.

As far as I know (and of course I might be wrong, it's never good to consider your truths to be absolute) most entities are basically trapped in earth's magnetic field. That also includes servitors, thoughtforms, poltrgeists and many other non-physical beings with more or less sentience and intelligence.

Of course this invisible prison is not absolute, but much like escaping earth's atmosphere and gravity in a space shuttle, a great amount of energy is required. And I mean a shitload of energy. And when you end up there, it's the same as space - black, lifeless void, so no one would ever bother to put that much effort to end up there.

tl:dr : odds of successful summoning in space, or hauntings, or space ghost are almost non-existent. In space you are alone and no one can hear you scream.
>>
Depends on the ghost/spirit.
Manifestations of the mind can appear anywhere that living things have, sort of like a residue.

There could also be spirits or non-corporeal surreal beings existing in space. I forgot the name of the philosopher but he was a Serb who believed that there were living things that extended across entire dimensions and filled the whole space of our universe but couldn't be seen or touched whatsoever.
>>
>>18303366
The blessing of holy water has nothing to do with your rank or how much water you can bless. Even someone not ordained can bless water with the right tools, consecration and ritual.
The void and the ether are the realms of chaos. Anything is possible out there.
>>
>>18303366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5p8YhhaVlA
>>
File: giphy[3].gif (228KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[3].gif
228KB, 320x240px
In my experience "spiritual" phenomena are usually anchored to something by some kind of "magnetic" property we don't understand. Living people seem to have the strongest connection or possibly certain living people magnify and/or are more sensitive to these energies/phenomena. Places have it and objects too. It seems theoretically possible that a spacecraft might have these qualities but I suspect that it would be very weak compared to something on the earth, where literally billions of minds have lived and died, their molecules recycled through the system.

Now, on the other hand there may be places out there in space where the physical laws of the universe are different and the barrier between this world and some other is much less distinct than we know of here on earth and in our solar system. To speculate on what THAT might mean is pretty pointless though as you would need some clue as to what's on the other side and as of right now we have none.

Quantum entanglement and "spooky action at a distance" is kind of interesting and might indicate that physical distance is less of a factor for pure energy but there's still very very little real science accomplished there.
>>
>>18303854
How would one go about getting the right tools, consecration and rituals to bless holy water?
>>
This thread is Gold
>>
>>18304302
To start with
1.Gather and consecrate your salt.
2.Read aloud Psalm 103.
3.Obtain natural water.
4.Take your holy salt and sprinkle it into the water.
5.Recite prayers used by Catholic priests
6.Exorcise the water.
7.Conclude the ritual.
8.Use your holy water.

You will need to know how to consecrate. Some quick research will show you how.
>>
File: Space Spoop.jpg (310KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Space Spoop.jpg
310KB, 960x1440px
>>
File: 1470143112556.png (211KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
1470143112556.png
211KB, 431x431px
>>18303366
>What if God turns out to be fake
>>
>>18303366
Curses are mor about places than anything.

Can a ghost on Earth reach the Space Station? No.
Can the terrible dead of an astronault that died on the ISS reach Earth? No.
Can a ghost stranded on the ISS haunt other astronauts that go there? Yes.
Because the ghost would be embeed on that place.

Same with curses. A curse could reach you anywhere because YOU are embeeded on it. The place that is happening in whateaver YOU are.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.