[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /x/ believe we live in a matrix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: 1470174991128.jpg (94KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
1470174991128.jpg
94KB, 800x670px
Does /x/ believe we live in a matrix?
>>
>>18302488
Not like in the movie but I'm pretty sure that we've limited ourselves(?) to come here and live as a human. And this universe is not only what we see every day.. I saw invisible forces manipulating physical objects and I know some guys who saw otherworldly beings phasing in and out of our dimension. So I think this is like a playground for our soul but we don't really know the rules if there's any. I try to live like that and see behind the veil.
>>
File: 1451116694855.jpg (172KB, 1302x614px) Image search: [Google]
1451116694855.jpg
172KB, 1302x614px
Maybe we do maybe we dont. Let me tell you this though. Image a creator who made us, forgets about us for a while. When he return to check us up we have made super computers simulating all possibiltys of the universe. You look closer on one of the computers and its the simulation of the creator who created us. Do you understand now?
>>
>>18302488
Folklore has it that Inugami can be conjured through a complex and cruel ceremony: A common pet dog must be buried up to its neck where only the head remains free. Then, a bowl with food or water must be placed close, but in unreachable distance, before the dog. After several days have passed as the dog is about to succumb, its head must be severed and buried beneath a busy street. After some time, its head and body are to be placed in a well-prepared shrine. Thus, an Inugami is evoked.
>>
File: just buddha things.jpg (379KB, 1862x768px) Image search: [Google]
just buddha things.jpg
379KB, 1862x768px
>something about the matrix
what do you want to know?
>>
>>18302628
How do I bend the rules or get cheat codes to manipulate this reality? I want to experience (material) wealth. I know it might sounds shallow but that is my will right now. What should I look for?
>inb4 "a magic called job"
>>
the agents in the matrix are real except in real life they pop up and talk about sports, pumpkin spice lattes, or drake.
>>
File: thematrix.jpg (501KB, 1140x660px) Image search: [Google]
thematrix.jpg
501KB, 1140x660px
>>18302488
The Matrix is an allegory for modern capitalistic society. Look up Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard, The Matrix is based upon it and even includes the book in the movie.

https://prezi.com/ybxwvr21r9lz/the-matrix-and-postmodernism/

http://www.continentcontinent.cc/index.php/continent/article/view/91

It is hilarious that the concept of simulation from the movie has become a simulacrum of simulation, the original reference lost and people instead making it about the universe being a simulation or something. High Priest of technoworship Elon Musk even believes in it. Absolute cultural captialism.
>>
File: 1476683980526.jpg (110KB, 1078x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476683980526.jpg
110KB, 1078x800px
This is your brain on late capitalism, where everything has been commodified, including meaning itself.
>>
>>18302653
>How do I bend the rules or get cheat codes to manipulate this reality?
you die.
or, just imagine you already own everything you want, be specific.
picture it in your hands, picture rubbing it on your chest.

oh, and always use your brain as if it was a radio and all other brains can only recieve.
>>
File: achonagenda.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
achonagenda.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
Yes, when we die we go to a fake afterlife where our memories are erased and our "souls" (which are really processes within a simulation) are recycled back into other lifeforms on Earth. This is an infinite cycle perpetuated by a parasitic alien species (Archons) that enslaved humanity to feed off of its energy centuries ago.
>>
>>18302707
If you really believe in this why do you live? You fight back somehow or break free?
>>18302679
*rubbing a Lamborghini Aventador on my chest* Am I doing it right? Lol
Btw that's just the Law of Attraction, isn't it? I'm doing that all the time (visualization and concentrating on the feelings). Soon I will be wealthy in my "reality" too, right?
>>
>>18302707
The "archons" you are referencing are corporations, governments, religious institutions, educational institutions, etc. Feel free to anthropomorphicize corporate buildings as robotic entities which consume us and spit us out. They are indeed parasitic, needing human thralls to survive (as in the Matrix.)

You can feel this as many do, showing perception, but you ascribe this to the celestial sphere when it could be around you in social hyperreality.
>>
File: vegas-business-X3.jpg (867KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
vegas-business-X3.jpg
867KB, 1600x1067px
>>18302762
We don't inhabit buildings, building inhabit us
>>
>>18302766
nice camera
>>
File: Screamcover[1].jpg (21KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
Screamcover[1].jpg
21KB, 250x323px
Serious technologists and futurologists predict that enormous amounts of computing power will be available in the future. Let us suppose for a moment that these predictions are correct. One thing that later generations might do with their super-powerful computers is run detailed simulations of their forebears or of people like their forebears. Because their computers would be so powerful, they could run a great many such simulations. Suppose that these simulated people are conscious (as they would be if the simulations were sufficiently fine-grained and if a certain quite widely accepted position in the philosophy of mind is correct). Then it could be the case that the vast majority of minds like ours do not belong to the original race but rather to people simulated by the advanced descendants of an original race. It is then possible to argue that, if this were the case, we would be rational to think that we are likely among the simulated minds rather than among the original biological ones.
>>
>>18302543
No
>>
>>18302775
Yeah that's what someone told me today. Our future descendants could just be toying with us
>>
>>18302836
No more than God would be in Judeo-Christian philosophy
>>
>>18302775
>technologists
technicians
>>
>>18302850
technocrats
>>
Ok the end of these conversations are always that "we don't know and even if we live in a simulation it doesn't matter".
Now give me something more.. How to manipulate it from the inside? That's what magic really is?! We're on /x/, damn!!
>>
File: 1477493574718.jpg (73KB, 641x559px) Image search: [Google]
1477493574718.jpg
73KB, 641x559px
>>18302882
just use your brain like a radio, that's what the greys do.
>>
>>18302904
Ok thanks I'll try!
>>
>>18302882

The rhythm of reality skips a beat from time to time, and if you are able to find this abnormal recurrence of faults in the song then you might be able to sing along.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.