[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1376.jpg (59KB, 2000x858px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1376.jpg
59KB, 2000x858px
I want to try this but I don't know how or what I'm doing wrong. Who can tell me.
>>
>>18295265
Well, tell us what you've been doing.
>>
>>18295319
Ive been thinking too much. :(
Ive been thinking too much :'(
Ive been thinking too much ;(
Help me D:
>>
what
>>
>>18295265
I think you barely try like everyone else. For me the best method is to wake up then going back to bed after a while.
There are youtube channels that provide musics to use while doing this method.
>>
>>18295265
I'm trying, too

>>18295319
Not OP but wanted a thread on this

-I' ve been writing in my dream journal every single day, even if I only remember flashes.
-I've been engaging more in hypnagogic reveries, and recording them too. And trying to use them to bootstrap dreams.
-I've been doing some relaxation and breathing exercises before falling asleep
-I'm trting to moderate my BAD sleep habits
>>
>>18295319
Not OP, but:

It's weird for me, because I've been able to do it before, like even when I was 6 yo I think I was able to manipulate and have extremely vivid dreams (I still remember one where I burned my house and a crazy woman I didn't know was following me).
Last year I got a span of 2 weeks were I was able to suddenly wake up in my dreams, manipulate them and remember details about it.

Nowadays I was trying to get into this stuff because I wanted to be consistent, but I suddenly have trouble 'waking' in my dreams.

I try to sleep thinking "I will wake in my dream" and I also tried getting into a meditative state where my mind would get into sleep mode, but while I was conscious. Both haven't work, although the second one is super hard to do and I don't think I can get consistent at it by now.
>>
As you're falling asleep, repeatedly chant in your mind:

"MIND AWAKE, BODY ASLEEP"

Over and over, until you fall asleep. It probably won't work the first couple of tries/nights. With repetition, it will. Your mood and state of mind/stress levels will affect/alter the dreamworld. If you're thinking dark things, lucid dreaming can be a disturbing experience. Don't worry about keeping a journal at first, unless you really want to document things. I'd do the journal once the dreaming starts, with control, as the journal can be a distraction.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 2048x1365px
I've trained myself to do it, it may take a little time but this is method worked for me.

Everyday you write a small letter "A" On the back of your hand. Big enough that you can clearly see it, don't hide it.

Now everytime you happen to see that A on your hand focus and be alert of your own presence, confirm to yourself that you are awake.

Sounds silly but after a week or two doing this you will eventually see that A on your hand while dreaming and you will naturally check to see if your awake.

This is when full control kicks in, you will realize your in a dream.

This method worked so well that after 2 successful dreams it started to mess with my head and I felt a bit weird or crazy. I will warn you that prolonged lucid dreaming is tough on your psyche. Please be careful

Now when ever
>>
>>18295715
Is there something alike I can do without the letter?
You see, my room is way too dark to allow me to see anything. I can't even see my hands.
>>
>>18296124
Do you spend all day in your dark room? This isn't instant, you need to do this 24/7 for like a week.
>>
>>18295265
I taught myself years ago for reasons. Just letting you know it is indeed possible, but it's not easy.
>>
>>18295573
Methods that work for one anon may or may not work for others. And I say this because I highly doubt my method would work for other people. I also don't recommend my way as it will fuck with your head.
>>18295265
>>18295715
This anon has a good point. It really is about consistency. Something like a fail safe or yeah, a totem, so to speak... because the trick is to 'alert' or at least notify yourself you are dreaming.

Like a wink-wink-nudge-nudge sort of deal, because if you are too straight forward (realize you're dreaming and can do whatever) you get too excited and wake up.
>>
Is lucid dreaming really dangerous?
>>
i used Michael Raduga's techniques and managed to enter the lucid dream (or "phase") two times. currently fixing my sleep schedule, i'll back to the practice after i'll fix it. read his book or watch the latest seminar
>>
>>18295573
>>18295715
these are direct methods, you better start with indirect methods when you do techniques on waking. when the indirect method starts working for you you can try the direct method. but still indirect method is the most productive, you can enter the lucid dream every morning and several times in one morning just using this easy method
>>
>>18295265
There's 2 ways: develop a trigger to remind you that you are dreaming when you are in a dream, and falling asleep while fully conscious. You do the latter using meditation so that your awareness is focused even while the rest of your mind falls asleep. One method is to concentrate on the blackness in your field of view, eventually you will see colors and patterns as you enter the borderlands between being awake and asleep. You can also try visualizing an environment in your imagination and explore it, though do it with intent awareness so you don't drift off.

Many "mystical experiences" are just lucid dreams or intermediate states.
>>
http://www.dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/161494-pmild-prospective-memory-induced-lucid-dream-my-personal-technique.html
Try this if you want
>>
>>18296678
No but the constant feeling of reminding your self your awake and in the real world after you do it a lot is such a mindfuck that it's not worth abusing
>>
Try harder

Human-Powered Flight is a hoot.
>>
>>18296124
You missed the point. You are supposed to have something like the A become a refuse part of your waking routine, all day long. That way when you are dreaming, and you notice the A you can ask yourself if you are awake.
>>
>>18295327
Fuck off Tyler
>>
>>18296124
The letter works.

Sharpie. Hand. For weeks and you're good.

Another way is to have a token, the A is the easiest token for beginners.

Another way is guided sleep or sleeping mantras to enter hypnogogia.

>>18299717
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.