[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want an answer right now. Who wrote this book? Why did they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

I want an answer right now.

Who wrote this book?

Why did they write it?

Is it true?

Have you read it?
>>
HEY I'M TALKING TO YOU
>>
>>18293162
I don't know man, I didn't do it.
>>
>>18293175

THEN WHO DID

I can't even you're destroying me
>>
HEY
>>
LISTEN TO ME
>>
whatever
>>
>>18293150
If you're reading it, it must be true.
>>
>>18293242
that's not TRUE
>>
>>18293270
Everything is true.
>>
>>18293274
All is a lie stop thinking my thoughts ive though after i've thought them.
>>
The sky and the cosmos are one
>>
>>18293277
Even lies are true.
>>
What book is this?
>>
Everything in this thread is correct.
>>
>>18293150
We're all writing it, all the time.
It's weird unlike a harddrive you can read+write.
>>
>>18293150
take your medication, if you don´t have any then pursue some drugs, sleep and don´t talk ever again about this. Ever
>>
>>18293325
Earth is flat, science doesnt exist and this is all a simulation.
>>
>>18294653
A holographic universe could and does give you a convincingly objective reality.
>>
>>18293150
Where can I read this?
>>
So edge
http://www.truthcontest.com/files/ThePresentComplete.zip
>>
File: aintclickin.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
aintclickin.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>18295258
>http://www.truthcontest.com/files/ThePresentComplete.zip
>.zip
>>
Reading just the first chapter, I think it's a valid belief. He posits that the idea that each being, whether bacteria or mammal or whatever is experiencing it's own separate existence is false. He says that before this life, you experienced another life, or that there is no real "you", only a consciousness that inhabits each living thing.

It's a neat idea, but we can't prove or disprove it so it's equally valid to the belief that we are each individuals with no overlap. We (scientists) have no idea how consciousness works and can't even prove that any human is conscious in the way we believe ourselves to be. See the idea of philosophical zombies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

TLDR, it's interesting, but we can't say whether it's true or not.
>>
File: 1475876153362.gif (178KB, 245x182px) Image search: [Google]
1475876153362.gif
178KB, 245x182px
>>18295294
But why is OP losing his shit over a personal perspective? Why ask us? If it were true technically did he not write the book? Have we not all read it through him reading it? Through you reading it?
>>
>>18295307
OP is losing his shit because he believes that everyone would act differently if they knew what this book said. OP is wrong, of course. People will act the way they always have and change only slowly the way they always have.

>If it were true technically did he not write the book? Have we not all read it through him reading it? Through you reading it?
Yep.

I think the best thing you can take from this idea is that it's stupid to be shitty to other people. You will(have) experience(d) both your own perspective and the perspective of your victim, so you're only fucking with yourself.
>>
>>18293270
Yeah, you're right. I didn't know there was actual source material to which OP was referring. After >>18295258, though, I find that I actually have read this before, but I think this is a more edited or polished edition.

Basically, it's a useful metaphor, certainly, and there is a lot of truth in it, but there's also plenty of cringeworthy assertions that reveal the subjective mania of the author (the obsession with the Beatles comes to mind).

I don't really know what OP means by asking who wrote it, because there's both a name and email address in the file, and it's from a website, so like spiritually I guess if the assertion that we are the culmination of all previous human history is true, and it seems fairly obvious that it is, then maybe in some sense we *all* wrote it?

Either way, I think it's more useful than distracting, and surely worth discussing and thinking about.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.