[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gimme everything you've got on wendigos.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: latest[2].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Gimme everything you've got on wendigos.
>>
most people depict them wrong so don't take images seriously
>>
>>18292945
this is a screencap from supernatural, definitely not to be taken seriously
>>
>>18292945
Creatures of starvation, greed, cold, isolation, The north and desperation, their motives, features and origins differ between the tribes of the Algonquin.

The most common myth though are that there are natural Wendigos, whom are malevolent supernatural beings of winter and famine, and Human wendigos are former humans who have partaken of human flesh and now hunger eternally. They are possible pushed to become them by the natural Wendigos in a form of reproduction.

The most common tell is the stench of filth and decay, Most descriptions put them squarely in the "giant rotting humanoid" camp of monsters, mixed with 'freshly risen months old zombie" aesthetics. Their size varies depending on how many people they have consumed, with an increase in size directly proportional to more humans eaten.

There you go.
>>
Idk much about them besides what's passed down in my family, now I'ma white kid but when my great great great grandpa settled down where he lived, the local tribe gave him a gift, one giant ass fucking totem that we still have on our property. They said tjat it represent the spirits of the planet, it's got bird bear fish and something else and it keeps away the wendigo, for every generation that has lived on that original property another totem is made and placed anywhere on the property. Now I don't really believe in them anymore but when I was a kid but I knew that there are things out there that can make your nightmares real and I swear on really stormy nights with lightning and shit there would be something out there just beyond the totem lines watching. Never call out to them and never let them in.
>>
They're cunning, agile beasts that will do anything they can to get their meat. The older they grow, the more powerful they get. Some are said to possess outright magical powers, capable of raising a snowstorm out of nowhere to isolate your forest cabin for days, even command wolves. They can induce madness and fever on their victims. You'll be tormented by infernal nightmares, feel unbearable ache in your feet, and come morning, tear your clothes off and run out into the snow.

They're faster than any human. It is said you can never look over your shoulder fast enough to catch a wendigo off guard. Despite their eternally famished state, they're much stronger too, capable of wrestling down a bear.

Killing them is a real challenge. Even if you somehow manage the feat, if you don't follow through properly, it'll come back to life. You need a weapon of pure silver, cut off the beast's head and limbs and bury them in blessed soil. Remove the heart, cut it into pieces and gather those pieces into a box made of silver, preferably with a lock, and bury that as well. That ought to do it.
>>
From the ojibwe legends I've read, wendigos were giant beings of ice who were made when humans were corrupted by the spirit of the wendigo, which were spirits made by the gods to punish humans for some offense. They were harbingers of cold and famine, and often brought with them wind and terrible storms.

Wendigos can be killed by cutting out a brass rod (? Not sure on this part) encased in their body. When they do die, their icy body shatters, revealing the body of the person they took to be encased within.

This is pretty different from the "zombie deer man" you see on the internet
>>
Are there any good movies that are about wendigos?
>>
There's a thread up on /k/ right now about ppl claiming to have encountered skinwalkers & wendigos. It won't be up for long.
>>>/k/31856694

>>18294251
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031580531/
>>
>>18294281
I appreciate the link but I was trying to avoid watching every single one with a passing reference and only watch the ones that are worth it
>>
>>18294285
No problem.
DESU I don't think there are any really worth watching. Every one on that list is crap. Except
Ravenous, which is a great film, but not about monsters.
>>
>>18293837
https://youtu.be/8SlWegS2sS0
>>
they arent real
>>
wendigos arent real

dont be afraid to go into wilderforest without weapons its fine
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.