[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ My girlfriend and I are going to watch a horror movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: latest_1.gif (361KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
latest_1.gif
361KB, 245x200px
Hey /x/

My girlfriend and I are going to watch a horror movie together. I have to pick and don't even like them cause I'm a little bitch. Got any recs for someone who hasn't even seen one? More atmospheric, less gore if possible. I appreciate it.
>>
The Evil Dead trilogy. Creepy movies with a kick of humor.
>>
>>18289003
I don't wanna be /that/ guy, but I will.

The Shining
>>
>>18289012
>less gore if possible
Cheaply produced gore was 90% of the humor in the first two Evil Dead movies
>>
>>18289003
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Two episodes: Firefall and Bad Medicine.
>>
>>18289003
The Exorcist

>>18289018
If Evil Dead is too gorey to you then you might want to ask your girlfriend to take your balls out of her purse
>>
The Grifter...you didn't hear this from me though.
>>
Some that come to mind off hand-- Trick 'r Treat, Paranormal Activity, Grave Encounters, People Under the Stairs. and, just because, Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
>>
>>18289053
>If Evil Dead is too gorey to you then you might want to ask your girlfriend to take your balls out of her purse
Not even OP, and didn't say it was too gorey, just that 90% of it's humor (and "horror") is from low budget blood and gore. Are you saying half the jokes weren't Ash getting splattered in the face with gallons of blood? Other than that, watching cheesy 80's comedy horror as an introduction probably won't appeal to someone watching their first horror movie in 2016. Unless you're afraid of stop motion animation it's highly unlikely someone watching for the first time today would find Evil Dead scary or creepy. I thought it was funny and brutal, not much else.

Ash vs Evil Dead is better imo, still wouldn't watch without seeing the movies first though.

>>18289112
Don't even kid about that

>>18289117
>Trick 'r Treat
Halloweenkino right there
>>
>>18289003
Creator is called a master of suspence. All about dat atmosphere and is suppose to be one of the best horror movies.
>>
File: 4a4.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
4a4.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>>18289003
>girlfriend
I'd say paranormal activity or some other Normiecore
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 184x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 184x275px
>>18289003
The hallow (2015)
Do it pussy it's on netflix
>>
>>18289003
Mulholland Drive, fun for the whole family, very atmospheric
>>
Op here, thanks for all the recs. I'll look into them all and pick the best
>>
>>18289003
Taking of Deborah Logan was alright, and it didn't really have any gore as far as I remember
>>
stephan kings "the mist"
>>
>>18289822
Watch The Strangers.
>>
>>18289003
Nobody? Fine. I'll say it...
>The Conjuring

I'm a pussy ass and watched this alone in the day time. And I still shat my pants.
>>
>>18290213
Would it be as scary if there wasn't constant screaming? Humans are born with 2 fears, falling and loud noises. Last time I saw The Conjuring it was full of loud noises.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.