[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deeply scary movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 18

File: Capture+_2016-10-31-15-08-47.png (3MB, 1439x2029px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-10-31-15-08-47.png
3MB, 1439x2029px
Rec me truely scary movies, ones that you still get the creeps thinking about.
It has to still be enjoyable to watch, i.e. a good movie
>>
>>18288670
Bump. No movie recommendation, though. What kind of fear do you enjoy in fiction, anon? Primal, connected to survival? Fear of the unknown, a la Lovecraft? Existential fear, i.e. something more abstract?
>>
>>18288670

Jacob's Ladder
Begotten
[spoiler]Paranormal Activity 1[/spoiler]
>>
>>18288692
I sat down and watched Begotten twice. Once by myself and once with a group of friends. I was mildly unnerved by myself and bored out of my goddamn mind with friends.
>>
grave encounters two is pretty gud. starts off slow tho but then gets really good
>>
xtro
>>
"Requiem for a Dream". Never again.
>>
Antichrist
>>
I watched 2015's The Witch last night. Pretty good stuff for a AAA movie (I think).
>>
The Blair Witch Project

watch the faux documentary about it before you watch the move too, it really completes it
>>
>>18289346
Requiem for a Dream is one of the best dramas I've ever seen. But I don't feel like watching it ever again since it's incredibly depressing.
>>
>>18288692
>Paranormal activity

underrated, every movie after the first was absolute bottom of the barrel garbage though
>>
>>18290464
I just watched that for the first time tonight and was genuinely upset at how awful it was. It was incredibly boring and not once did I feel anything other boredom.
>>
Henry portrait of a serial killer whilst tripping was pretty disturbing
>>
>>18289346
This and Kids. No thanks
>>
>>18289346
>>18290464
>>18292796
Normies get out
>>
John Carpenter's The Thing really fucked me up when I was about 13. Watched it again last year and it still holds up
>>
>>18293996
I watch The Thing on Halloween. I always thought I've seen it completely considering I remember certain scenes pretty well, but when I watched it, it felt like I was watching it for the first time besides those scenes.

I don't really get disturbed by films too often, but holy fuck those special effects are disturbing as hell.
>>
>>18293996
this
also the japanese version of ju-on spooped me, but I haven't seen it in years
>>
>>18288670
It's hard to find a horror movie that's actually scary: but if you want to be disturbed I'll recommend two movies that actually fucked me up.
1. Serbian Film - it's slow, pretty bad at the beginning, but the last 20 minutes are gold.
2. Philosophy of a Knife - kinda gruossome, I liked it a lot but some scenes made my body hurt. Like when you see somebody get off a teeth and yours hurt as you watch. When I remember I still feel the pain.

Also, "Kairo" and "Shutter (2014)" can be pretty scary if you see them alone. The problem is they are both pretty slow.
>>
Der Todesking
>>
>>18294050
https://youtu.be/Z-sOLf2MeVU
>>
File: sw5g8kfu2ah7g5d.png (10KB, 783x530px) Image search: [Google]
sw5g8kfu2ah7g5d.png
10KB, 783x530px
>>18288670
>>
In the Mouth of Madness
>>
>>18288670
I hate clickbait video artwork like pic related. That guy on the cover is actually a victim in the movie, not the "Loony".
>>
>>18294018
>The tv scene
Jesus christ. That still gets me.
>>
>>18290388
This. All atmosphere and acting and cinematography. There's only one jump scare and it's one of the weaker spooks of the movie.
>>
I'm skeptical about a lot of scary shit, almost nothing phases me.

But "They Look Like People" got me pretty good.

Just watch it alone in a dark room and immerse yourself. It's pretty spooky. Made my eyes water at some parts.
>>
>>18292738
it didn't scare me but the ending was both disturbing and made me feel guilty for [spoiler]hoping the two would end up together[/spoiler]
>>
noroi: the curse, and blair witch project. blair witch gets a lot of shit and i think it's just something you either appreciate or you don't. for me, the tension towards the end really plays off my anxiety problems.
>>
>>18294018
Kairo and the Japanese version of Dark Water is good stuff too.
>>
>>18288670
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Original only. Remake is shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 358x202px
>>18288670
This is isn't a movie, but whatever.

There's a series called black mirror on Netflix, it's one of the greatest shows I've ever seen, and some of the episodes really got under my skin.

It's an anthology series, so every episode is its own standalone story. And EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM IS AMAZING.

The only running theme throughout the show is technology as a malevolent force. It's a sci-fi show, that tries to be as true to life and as realistic as possible, most of the future dystopias presented in it are 100% believable, and are almost prophetic. (It already has predicted the future once.) No aliens, no other planets, no robots.

It's a kind of existential horror, every episode without exception ends on an extremely bleak note. Some of them I'd even describe as soul crushing.

If you want recommendations on which episodes to watch, I'd say all of them, but if you want my specific favourites:

S1: Ep. 1: "The national anthem"
S2: Ep. 2: "White bear"
S2: Ep. 4: "White Christmas" (my favorite episode)
S3: Ep. 2: "Playtest"
S3: Ep. 3: "shut up and dance" (my second favorite episode.)

Watch White Christmas and shut up and dance, then come back here and post what you think.
>>
File: dd0.jpg (29KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
dd0.jpg
29KB, 600x646px
>>18296317
I can smell thom yorke's depressing tears all over this.
>>
Threads
>>
Documentary about the suicide forest.
>>
Session 9
The Fourth Kind
The first V/H/S movie
>>
>>18296317
Thissss

I've seen up to Playtest, every single episode has been so good.
>>
>>18288678
Lovecraft had one of the best methods for inspiring horror in his readers.
>>
>>18296634
He was the first "found footage" author. Most of his stories are logs, journals, news stories, etc. and from scientists or police or military to give an air of evidence-based authority.
>>
>>18294080
Underrated post.
>>
>>18290464
>>18290745
>be me
>13
>imma be an edge lord someday papa
>get my hands on a copy of blair witch
>hell yea
>start watching it
>builds suspense really well
>at least for a 13yo
>rando scene with the tents getting fucked with
>nope
>turned that shit off
>went to bed
>didn't sleep for hours
>a week later
>decide to finish
>30 minutes of bullshit
>the fucking house
>end of that movie sucks shit
>laugh at how scared I was
>never watched since
the movie did so well at building suspense and botched it hard. I'm still so salty I didn't see the new one
>>
>>18288670

If you ask me, the trope that characters in horror movies are idiots is bullshit. Maybe for bad horror. But, the best, most truly terrifying movies are the ones in which everything is done as right as it could have been done given the knowledge of what they were dealing and STILL fail hard. So, I guess that's a spoiler for the movies I'm going to recommend, but whatever.

>The Thing

Preferably John Carpenter's 1982 version. The special effects in that movie are fucking incredible for the 80s. They will make your skin crawl. And, you will thank the lord that The Thing does not exist.

>Occulus

This is a pretty recent movie, and I don't understand why it's not talked about more. I wasn't scared particularly while watching the movie beyond natural reactions to seeing things like a person eating a light bulb. But, I lost sleep that night... I couldn't stop thinking about what could be done better. What do you do that would ensure victory? You can't ensure it. The very nature of what they are dealing with makes nothing certain. The horrible sense of paranoia that gave me coupled with the constant self-assurance that there MUST be a way caused my mind to continue to reel even after I fell asleep.

>The original Night of the Walking Dead

The hilarious... surgical response the government and military and world in general have to zombies is pretty great. It's a fantastic juxtaposition to movies like World War Z. Not particularly scary, but fun to watch if only for the novelty of it. Which is funny since it was pretty much the first zombie movie.

>The Bobadook

Not actually all that much fail going on in this movie. Nor is it all that scary as a result. But, still a good movie worth watching.
>>
File: bl3[1].jpg (318KB, 2000x1220px) Image search: [Google]
bl3[1].jpg
318KB, 2000x1220px
>>18290464
I'm not a normie but I was kinda pissed at that documentary they released on what was it the Discovery Channel, about the movie? I thought the movie didn't need it and I never watched it but it probably explained how the Blair Witch punished kids by making them face the wall or some shit which explains why that one dude looked like he was just standing against the wall taking a piss at the end.

Anyway, I liked the fucking movie. Nowadays I guess people wanna see gore and shit with found footage movies and can't grasp the concept of how your imagination can make the perfect macguffin for a horror movie.
>>
>>18296548
>vhs
eh, it had it's moments, mostly forgettable though.
The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger, that though, hits kinda hard, the way she cries about how he deserves a better person just fucks with me
>>
>>18297012
Thought of another one to add to the list:

>Quarentine

I'm personally not all that freaked out by gore. But, damnit there were a few scenes in this movie that made me sick to my stomach, and whenever I think about them, I get chills. Interestingly, the scenes that do make me feel that way are the ones in which you don't actually SEE much. It's too bad that the trailers give away the fact that literally everyone will die. Since the most famous image from the trailers was the main character getting dragged away from the camera which appears to be angled from the ground, when you find out in the first second of the movie that it's a found footage movie from just a single camera, it immediately becomes clear that that scene in the trailers must mean that everyone who could hold the camera is already dead. Though, knowing that kind of makes the whole movie scarier. Especially when you agree with so many decisions made.
>>
>>18297038
>I can't fucking spell

*Quarantine
>>
>>18293996
this, the 1980s the thing is the best horror movie ever made simply due to the sheer paranoia it creates.
>>
What do y'all think about insidious? Watched the other day and felt little horror. I've watched the thing by myself and didn't really get scared? I want to find something that makes me shit my pants
>>
>>18290464

The thing with 'The Blair Witch Project' is that you watch none of the documentaries beforehand.

When it was shown in theaters, the premise was just that it was a found footage, nothing else, so there was that mindfuck mystery even before you watch it. You're thinking that you will see real footage.

I was in my teens back then and I went to watch it by myself. I couldn't sleep for days.

It had the same effect on me back then as 'The Man Who Saw Tomorrow'; knowing that these mysterious, unexplained phenomena are functioning within your reality is very, very unsettling.
>>
File: 2737110_orig[1].jpg (133KB, 964x800px) Image search: [Google]
2737110_orig[1].jpg
133KB, 964x800px
>>18297208
The Man Who Saw Tomorrow. We were shown that in grade school. Talk about nightmare fuel for kids: WWIII, middle eastern antichrist, etc. in the near future. What the fuck was my teacher thinking?
>>
>>18297257
wow, I remember seeing that theme a lot as a kid. In movies and religious shows. It was a trippy ride. Then I guess everybody got tired of it.
>>
>>18290686
First one was just fucking amazing, I remember watching it with my brother at night, i was terrified even though I don't tend to get like that when there is someone else watching the movie with me. The suspense was just right, and the acting was just so natural that it actually makes you believe all that shit.

The second and third movie were good imo but of course they kinda loose their charm because it's the same routine as the first one.
>>
>>18288670
The Mist.
>>
Darkness Falls is pretty nice. Also The Atticus experiment.
>>
>>18296317
This but I've only seen the first two series
>>
>>18297994
The third series is just as good as the first two.
>>
>>18295306

Fuck i watched this working the night shift, sitting alone in my work truck on a road with no one near me. I couldn't look at the screen every time i heard that buzzing sound.
>>
>>18297038
Don't get me wrong, I thought Quarantine was a bad film BUT I think the premise of it is quite spooky especially the part where the guy gets shot by a sniper. The idea of being trapped in that situation while the outside world just watches creeps me the fuck out
>>
>>18297916
Yes. This.
>>
>>18296317
Fucking outstanding
>>
>>18297012
>The Babadook
I seriously can't be the only one who couldn't fucking stand this movie. It was downright pathetic.
>>
>>18298719
This!! I hated that movie. However it was more hype related disappointment than anything I think
>>
>>18298719
>>18298728
>The Babadook

The movie was fucking awful. Plot was a dead give away from the beginning.

Also, I understand the kid was supposed to be annoying to illustrate the psychosis of the mother..

But, God damn.. I almost stopped watching because of the annoying cunt of a kid.
>>
>>18296688
Seriously? Which book is the best place to start?
>>
>>18297916
Watch The Mist in black and white. much better movie
>>
Men behind the sun
August underground
Audition
Funny games
Martyrs
>>
V/H/S is definitely a good one. The first movie with the succubus got under my skin so bad it still makes my skin crawl thinking about it. However this movie is hit or miss for alot of people. It scared me but some people I've recommend it to weren't really phased
>>
>>18297019
>taking a piss

Kek

I thought it was because she couldn't be watched while she was torturing/killing another victim? Like she was self-conscious or something.

What always spooked me about it was the sort of mind control aspect of it. To go from being that scared and frantic into just standing in the corner, broken, given up, doing what you're told even though you know you are next... I don't know, as a kid that really disturbed me.
>>
>>18300562
>What always spooked me about it was the sort of mind control aspect of it. To go from being that scared and frantic into just standing in the corner, broken, given up, doing what you're told even though you know you are next... I don't know, as a kid that really disturbed me.

This shit right here. That was the whole reason I found the end of that movie so unnerving when I was like 10.
>>
>>18300457
Funny Games isn't as much as scary as it is terribly unnerving. It's like you're sitting there with the characters, and the sense of dread starts to crawl from the first scene the torturers appear.
Great movie.
>>
>>18297019

>The "your imagination makes it scary" bullshit

No, fuck you. If I wanted that, I'd read a scary book. This is a MOVIE. VISUALS are supposed to scare me. Fuck The Blair Witch Project. It is by far the most overrated horror film of all-time.

The fan-edit of the sequel is better, too.
>>
>>18300457

>August Underground

I'm tired of this fucking meme, too. You get people arguing and a lot of guts fucking. It's boring. At least Martyrs has a reason for all the gore and shock value. August Underground doesn't and it never will because those films were an ad for Toe Tag's special effects. Martyrs and A Serbian Film are the only extreme horror movies anyone would ever need to see. AU, Angels Melancholy and all that aren't worth it. They're shock value garbage.
>>
>>18300641
So you need zero subtlety from horror films to be able to enjoy them? Seems like a good way to miss out on a lot.
>>
>>18300669

There's nothing good about 3 people arguing in the woods with the occasional 2spooky4u sound.
>>
>>18294080
It's bretty gud, not the greatest, but the best John Carpenter has to offer besides The Thing, which is some top-tier body horror (but lacks the emotional punch and social commentary of Cronenberg's stuff).

Basically Carpenter is a super overrated horror director. I'm not sure why everyone's so gay for him. Halloween scared me as a kid, but I'd honestly rather watch Friday the 13th, or even better, fucking Texas Chainsaw as an adult.
>>
Ringu
>>
>>18290666
I don't know why, but I've seen it around 4 times. The first time my gut sank.

>>18292796
Never understood why people think this film is disturbing. I mean, I guess I understand but it didn't really disturb me. I liked it a lot tho.
>>
>>18295521
Preach.

>>18296548
>Session 9
mahnigga.jpg

>>18297012
>Oculus
Yes. Also why would you ever bring up the 40s original The Thing From Outer Space, it's terrible, and not even in a fun way. Also The Babadook was hella gay. Also seriously learn to spell, what the fuck dude.

The Conjuring is the best horror movie in a long time, for my money.

Anyone seen Bright Falls? Alan Wake was a fun game, cool concept but "muh steeeven kings" got really annoying, especially since the dude is a self-proclaimed shitty writer. I want to into the show, but I don't wanna waste my time like I did with Channel Zero.
>>
>>18296317
>white christmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWsCcAHp7I
Seen this sort of situation so I was prepared for that mindfuck but the tech and the attitudes of these people are just so out of wack it's basically insanity.
>The only running theme throughout the show is technology as a malevolent force. It's a sci-fi show, that tries to be as true to life and as realistic as possible, most of the future dystopias presented in it are 100% believable, and are almost prophetic
>tries to be as true to life and as realistic as possible
Spoilers:
I completely disagree here. In what universe would we ever program our eyes like that? Where we "block" (see a walking jpeg) of a person? So many dangers with that beyond being completely insane. aaand why would we act as if we know everything about consciousness and treat what could very well be an artificially-made living thing like it deserves eternal suffering?
The show creates these situations and scenarios that are just wayyy toooooo out there and end up making no sense desu. It really wants to be like the twilight zone but, jesus....
This kind of madness really ruins any scariness or even creepiness a story would have. Like unrealistic deaths in horror movies, people acting retarded, clichés, etc. Interesting concept tho, may watch another ep. Hope I didn't mishear anything in this episode because, jeeeeez.
>>
>>18290686
>paranormal activity being scary

Did you see this as a kid maybe? I didnt even think it was that good. It came off as kinda try-hard/corny to me. I saw it in the theater when it was brand new and I was bored. The scariest part was the group of teenage girls sitting right behind me that would scream at the top of their lungs at every jump scare.
The same with Blair Witch. I saw that movie in theaters without even watching a trailer for it not fully understanding what I was about to watch. Everyone claims when they saw it the first time, its scary. The shitty acting and nonsense the characters do makes it so not scary.
>huuur I kicked dat map into da creek, man hhhuurrr
I wanted my money back.
>>
>>18300226
I had an audio book of collected works, so uncertain. His best works i think most would say are Color out of Space and Mountains of Madness. My favorite stories were The Dunwich Horror, Shadow of Innsmouth, one about a Nazi U-boat finding a temple deep underwater, and the one about an invisible maze on Venus.
>>
File: Caligulaposter.jpg (28KB, 296x450px) Image search: [Google]
Caligulaposter.jpg
28KB, 296x450px
>>18289346
Requiem for a Dream isn't scary, it's just too real for a lot of people. Definitely unnerving, but in a good way. The storyline of Ellen Burstyn's character made the film for me.

Caligula is the scariest movie of all time. Drunk Peter O'Toole AND Normal Malcom McDowell? Gotta go change my pants.
>>
>>18300783
My dad told me this I's the scariest film he's ever seen
>>
>>18300907
Maybe you should watch it one day to be able to form your own opinion on it.
>>
>>18300908
I'm too scared to
>>
>>18300859
Not the black mirror anon, but White Christmas is probably a bad example, if you watch an episode like nosedive, entire history of you or 15 million merits, it's a completely realistic type of sci-fi that we're already on the path to realising.

In terms of believable dystopias, black mirror is much more realistic than something like the hunger games, which would never happen in a million years, despite young adults constantly saying "OMG the hunger games is so going to happen when trump gets in lol"

In response to the eye technology, look at smartphones, look at how eager the public are for the newest technology regardless of how dangerous or privacy violating it might be. Normies scramble for anything if it seems cool to them, smartphones being built into contact lenses or whatever seems like it's something that would be readily accepted. "Blocking" someone would also be seen as a progressive measure to shut out people who trigger you in any way, the ability to shut out people who give you grief would be seen as a great measure to secure safe spaces for people. Look at how quick SJWs and the like are to block you from their blogs and shit, imagine if they could block "problematic" people from their real life, they could create their own personal echo chamber, it would be a dream come true for many.
>>
>>18293996
I agree. The scene with the dog still makes ny skin crawl.
>>
I found tale of two sisters extremely scary. But that was like terrifying scary. Creepy scary is better for cinema
>>
>>18288670
I think one of the only horror movies that still creeps me out to this day is the ring (japanese version)

And I've watched a ton of horror
>>
>>18300781
But Halloween was his weakest horror movie
>>
>>18300241
Why in your opinion is it better in B&W?
>>
>>18295306
They Look Like People has few scares and is mostly a really good little drama two friends, but the scares that are there are really, really good. That first shot of the movie just had me going 'nope nope nope' and almost couldn't watch it.
>>
>>18297012
>night of the walking dead
pop culture has ruined your mind
>>
"May", it creeped me out on a very personal level, MC was like a nightmare version of myself.
Though I think non-fucked up people will find it kinda creepy and intriguing as well.
>>
>>18296317
first off, thanks for the recommendation
secondly, great show
thirdly, what the fuck? like minutes into the first episode and I can't remember the last time I 'wot'ed that hard
>>
>>18290686
I spent the whole movie hoping the demon would hurry up and kill Katie and Micah. They were obnoxious and terrible and I wanted nothing more than for them to die.

Also, who pronounces the name "Micah" as "Mee-kah" instead of "My-kah"?
>>
>>18296317
Season 1 Ep 3 was fucking great but also crushing, just watching your entire relationship go down and finding out your family isnt yours. Fuuck dude the feels.
>>
>>18297012
>Which is funny since it was pretty much the first zombie movie.

I never understood this claim though I hear it a lot... White Zombie, I Walked With A Zombie, The Astro Zombies, The Last Man On Earth, The Earth Dies Screaming... there are tons of zombie movies before Night of the Living Dead
>>
>>18301665
No problem, honestly it's a long time since I've seen a show that good. Most people call it a sci-fi thriller, I think it's straight horror desu. I'm a big horror movie buff so I'm kinda desensitised to it all, but this show scared me in a different way than usual, it's the kind of thing that puts you off life altogether, certain episodes can only be described as pure despair put on screen.

Nobody but me seems to feel THAT strongly about it though, I guess it just resonates in a scary way with me honestly.
>>
>>18302277
It was the first zombie as we know zombies though.

Zombies hunger for flesh, they shamble around, It's a virus, you become a zombie when bitten, Gotta shoot them in the head, they're all coming in a horde, Gotta fortify your home, Gotta board up windows etc.

Movies before night of the living dead we're just a person risen from the dead by supernatural means walks around and attacks people.
>>
>>18302410
I've been bingeing it and The Entire History of You made me feel physically sick. Just really struck a cord that I fear, and the show swings in amazing ways, how in that episode you went from thinking the guy was paranoid to eventually sympathizing with him and how White Bear goes from confusion to a mix between anger and sympathy, you can agree to some extent but you know it's mob mentality and you feel bad. It's a real ride, so once again thanks
>>
Probably not a popular opinion, but I can't watch The Strangers. That movie fucks with me.
>>
>>18297038
that movie is originally called REC, and its a spanish movie pleb, watch the original no the gay ass english copy
>>
>>18302535
yep, this movie is simple and good
>>
>>18302535
Watched that when I was like 11 years old.
Left the theater 20 minutes after the film started crying my eyes out. Never finished it.
>>
>>18296317
fuck you for convincing me to watch this crap
>>
File: 1473829486106.jpg (31KB, 373x532px) Image search: [Google]
1473829486106.jpg
31KB, 373x532px
>>18296317
I lol'd when I watched the episode about the neural implant
When the guy can't remember his name and stuff and the lady is teasing him and she asks if he can even remember his mother's face I started laughing bcause my mom looks like Yhorm the Giant from DS3 so I'm like O ya now I remember lol
>>
>>18302794
They tie them to a chair and wait until the sun comes up and then they stab them or something and go mug some kids walking down the street, and it's apparently based on a true story
>>
>>18302956
its based on Charles Mansons murder cult
>>
>>18296317
>every episode without exception ends on an extremely bleak note.

Nigga did you even watch San Junipero? Nosedive's ending is also fairly upbeat, at least relatively.
>>
>>18302942
Fucking loved that episode! Sign me up for that shit!
>>
>>18302931
You don't like it?
>>
>>18288670
Eden Lake.
If you want a bleak ass horror movie.
>>
august underground
its disturbing af and still gives me the creeps when i think about it
>>
>>18300889
>Requiem for a Dream
>too real
you mean the one where the doctor calls the cops on a patient?
shove that 2/10 movie up your ass
>>
>>18307215
Are you saying docs never call cops on patients?
>>
>>18300781

Halloween 1&2 are the best of the classic slashers simply because Michael is so much of an enigma. He really is the closest thing to a lovecraftian slasher.
>>
>>18288670
where can i find a stream of this movie Loony in the Woods
>>
>>18296548
vhs succubus is best qt waifu
>>
>>18300889
Caligula ftw
bury people up to their heads and then run them over with giant ancient lawnmowers? i'll take it
>>
>>18308219
I asked for 2 laserdiscs for Christmas once as a kid. I asked for Caligula and Salo. Saw both for the first time. Fucked me up good, familiano
>>
>>18308915
Yeah? Well I was reading at 4. First time to have to deal with alien beings was the year before. First interactions with the CIA were the following year. And by the time I was 7 I just wanted to run away and live in the woods. After trying every direction I found a path into deep woods by the time I was 9 and would walk to a lake about 17 miles straight into them with alligators and marsh being my reason to turn back toward home. The following year I had to return to Europe and MK dumbshit.. that is, until an unusual interaction with a landed UFO caused them to treat me very differently. At 21 years of age I began interaction with the beings with full conscious awareness of this. The beings went out of their way to demonstrate that they are physical but their technology extends well beyond our concepts of what this means. Only when quantum computers are nano scale and integrated into our bodies neurology we will begin to understand the path they are on. I quit working with the beings from the stars so that I could become experienced in this matter. I can access anything with my mind, cognitively. There exists an electronic technology intended to be able to prevent this that I first encountered in Nov 2001 while viewing previous events at an airport. I'm probably not your average guy but in contrast with the beings I have been around I feel a bit like koko, the ASL fluent gorilla, returned to deal with less experienced beings.. as if existing as a link between the other more advanced beings and those of this mundane plane.
>>
File: History of You.jpg (18KB, 285x405px) Image search: [Google]
History of You.jpg
18KB, 285x405px
>>18296317
Yeah man, Black Mirror is fucking great. Really flew under the radar for a lot of people though. Not sure of Robert Downy Jr. is still turning "The Entire History of You" into a movie.
>>
>>18300226
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/index.html

I don't think this has everything. I was surprised when I finally got around to reading some of his stuff that his focus feels a lot more about exploration, fantasy and landscapes, with the horror coming after.
>>
>>18296317
OOOOOOH BABY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THATS WORTH
>>
File: tumblr_n1zdz46kq61rhmne4o1_400.gif (2MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1zdz46kq61rhmne4o1_400.gif
2MB, 390x293px
>>18300889
>Drunk Peter O'Toole

Dude, he was always drunk
>>
>>18307262
Black Christmas is better and came before it. Maybe not quite Lovecraftian but more disturbing in my opinion.
>>
>>18300913
It's just a movie, anon.
>>
Cannibal halocaust was one fucked up movie that got to me for some reason
>>
Green Room fucked me up

People are scarier than any monsters
>>
>>18296317
Yeah amazing show, some episodes are too disturbing to watch, also San junipero; while being a lesbian love story is amazing
>>
>>18296548
>VHS

Love it, I thought it would be dumb but my friend showed it to me and I was actually impressed, despite the low production quality and sometimes crappy stories, it's found footage first person thing makes it less cinematic and seem more like all of this bad shit is just happening to someone who doesn't deserve it and it's so spoopy
>>
>>18298719
It's more for people who can actually appreciate a good film, most people who didn't like the babadook really don't know shit about good movies
>>
>>18307242
doctor patient confidentiality
>>
>>18310793
You're a literal retard if you think there are no exceptions to this rule.

And I really mean absolute, bottom of the barrel in terms of intelligence retard.
>>
>>18297257
Nothing wrong with redpilling the youth.
>>
>>18310583
Babadook was boring.
Oh wow the whole movie was a metaphor about her depression, so deep and insightful
>>
The Mothman Prophecies. I watched it alone in a totally dark, empty house and spent the night crawling around like a commando at the slightest creak.
>>
>>18310839
I'll second this. I wanted to like it, but one, I really wanted that kid dead. Fucking annoying as fuck, almost shut the movie off every time he started going apeshit. And two, the confrontation and resolution of the whole conflict was so cringey I needed a replacement anus. Appreciate good film? This was a movie for people who think 'Ink' was a good film and positively shit themselves over 'Memento'.
>>
File: 1439793224451.jpg (81KB, 700x546px) Image search: [Google]
1439793224451.jpg
81KB, 700x546px
Horror/Suspense/Intellectual used to be my favorite genre. After the rush of American Remakes such as The Ring and The Grudge, there was Saw. I remember Saw became a meme, but it was just horror. At around the time Saw III came out, the avalanche of PG-13 jump-scare horrors was well underway. What explained these movies well was that they were AAA titles, but with B-quality writing. Their purpose was to be a cash grab from teenagers that were to be sold a cheap turd in a shiny box. There were a few outlying tolerable horrors such as REC during this decade, but they were just outliers, not the norm, and usually foreign films.

The trend that evolved from the PG-13 shitshow is that the grit and edge of horror is now replaced with social commentary, which makes watching these movies seem as if the producers are trying to lecture you with material and morals that you are forced to absorb elsewhere. It really breaks immersion into the film, and is quite insulting that they would use horror as a medium for delivering social commentary, more-so than that out-of-self, gotta get on IMDB and talk about it feeling you get when you leave the theater.
>>
>>18310903
Forgot to add the kid was a terrible actor. To be fair, the mother was decent, but that doesn't make it a good movie.
>>
you don't know the definition of scary yet,
yes some commercial movies mentioned here are creepy, especially the asian niche like noiroi the curse
but the mindshattering stuff is found deep within certain privileged sharing groups, im not taking about bad gore movies from the 90es, more like the modern "art" kind, rare to find videos from wiener aktionismus with Hermann Nitsch, Self Mulitation by Günter Brus or mindblowing movies like "Sombre" from Phillipe Grandrieux only to name a few. Pieces of art, that leave you in a constant state of paranoia and dread, the godelian shock type kind of movies (some people recently came up with the term "despair code" which is inprinted in some rare pieces of art like the infamous and holy grail "the grifter". see for yourselves of you don't believe me
https://youtu.be/ns2p-FGF6qs?t=2m54s
https://youtu.be/7OXwwTvGMkc?t=1m5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuCYmGcYPwc
>>
dude, you can't post this kind of stuff here
>>
somes, /x is really a creepy place
>>
Wrong Turn 5, it's not really scary. Just gruesome as fuck.
>>
If you like V/H/S , then check out Southbound.

It's made by the same guys, Imo it's a lot better
>>
Also the original wicker man (1969 I think)
>>
>>18311213
first one was good, then down the hill, eventhou its so bad that is kind of good
>>
>>18307267
i too would like to know as well
>>
>>18307267
never mind found on youtube
here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCRhB5zZ9Qc
>>
>>18290388
I have never been so profoundly fucked with by a movie as I was with the witch.
>>
>>18296688
Not the first. It's called epistolary fiction. Dracula was written in this style.
>>
>>18300226
Not Lovecraft, but another major contributor to the Cthulhu Mythos is Clark Ashton Smith. IMO he created some of the cooler Mythos entities. All his stuff is online at eldritchdark. com. The Charnel God is a really good story, so is The Empire of the Necromancers.
>>
>>18294414
same
>>
>>18288670
>a troma movie
>scary

???
>>
>>18290388
I have never understood why people like The Witch 2015, I mean I'll agree it has good atmosphere and convincing actors. But scary? No. Disturbing? Not much more than the Crucible which actually might be more disturbing especially with old men getting crushed by rocks.

Can anyone explain why you liked it? I'm curious.
>>
>>18302269
Micah annoyed me too. He stayed a skeptic for waaaay too long. It quickly became obvious that paranormal crap was going down. I'm a skeptic, but I think I wouldn't bury my head in the sand when confronted with real, obvious ghosts/spirits.
>>
>>18302269
>Also, who pronounces the name "Micah" as "Mee-kah" instead of "My-kah"?
Anyone who's not a degenerate burger.
>>
>>18312303
worst movie i ever seen

blonde was thicc tho
>>
Herencia Diabolica
>>
>>18288670
>Infection
good atmosphere and a little bit disturbing
>event horizon
>reeker

There is one i can't remember the title.
I just remember that there were creatures or people "hiding" in the shadows and if the protagonists (who are trying to escape the city or so) get to close to a dark corner or shadow they (the creatures) get them.

I really can't remember if this movie was good but if sombody could tell me the title i would be very grateful.
>>
>>18313546
Darkness Falls?
>>
There was an old /x/ image of like, 100 movies they recommended and you'd watch one depending on what you rolled. I was slowly going through that list but I ended up losing it, does anybody have the image I'm talking about?
>>
>>18289346
>requiem for a dream
>there are consequences for your stupid actions, the film

I could not get into it. The entire time I'm thinking, "but you fucking chose this." Maybe I'm just no fun.
>>
>>18313573
>Darkness Falls
no, this isn't it.
Just googled "Shadow people". similar but also no...
>>
>>18313633
>shadow people
Do not watch it! It's a trick.
>>
File: x Netflix Movie Roll.jpg (657KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
x Netflix Movie Roll.jpg
657KB, 900x675px
>>18313579
I have a handful of these. Will slowly post them over the day. We'll see if I got yours.
>>
>>18313579
>>
>>18313889
This was it, shit, thanks a lot dude, lost it when my hard drive died and I was only halfway through the list. Really appreciate it.
>>
>>18310583
>hurr durr le insightful le hipster shit

kill yourself faggot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQzDzK5rXY
one that's really creepy is this avant garde film released in the 90s. it's called Begotten. its really fucked up. god eviscerates himself.
>>
>>18296317
i just saw ep1 and 2 from s1 and i loved it ;) now im moving straight to s2e2 and then to sleep, thx for the advice bro
>>
>>18295306
just watched this, great suggestion
>>
>>18313633
The vanishing on 7th street or some shit like that.
>>
>>18314276
>The vanishing on 7th street
thank you.
>>
>>18288670
I find it hard to think of films which maintain the creepiness/fear for me but certain films have standout scenes which certainly stay with me.

The wedding dress scene in The Others (2001) for instance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQvusrtsKA
or the come play with us scene from The Shining (1980)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMbI7DmLCNI

Ghostly/possessed/odd children are generally very creepy, any recommendations for films with spoopy kids?
>>
>>18310987
why does the sombre stuff bother me that much?
Its literally a vacation film with a crescendo in it
>>
>>18313889
I ate barbaqued cow once.... I like it
>>
File: 1436230178022.jpg (9KB, 160x315px) Image search: [Google]
1436230178022.jpg
9KB, 160x315px
>>18310987
>bloody fake looking orgy
>guy playing with whipped cream
>vacation video with discordant soundtrack

None scary, enjoyable and unsettling though. Good post but grifter is meme tier.

You really hyped up creepy art but its just not scary.
>>
>>18313546
Perhaps Wes Craven's They? I remember it having a plot very much like that.
>>
>>18310911
disregard that i suck cocks
>>
>>18310911
I bet you've never seen a romero movie you fucking pleb.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.