[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

questions about my lucid dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: gates.png (1MB, 1753x1241px) Image search: [Google]
gates.png
1MB, 1753x1241px
I've been a lucid dreamer since childhood -- I am usually aware of my dreaming and I can control the elements and entities of my dreams. However, the complexity of my dreams is so much stronger than that.

I am capable of walking through doors in my dreams to other dreams I've had throughout my life, dreams I've had weeks or years ago. As far as conflict goes, antagonistic entities in my dreams have long ago inherited my abilities of rule making, and it is difficult for me to engage with them so I usually enter another dream instead to avoid an exhausting conflict.

My dreams constitute another life and a network of experiences I visit regularly. All of my dreams are first person, and as far as senses go, they are about as vivid as real life. I can feel intense pain and reconstruct sounds, smells, and touch in my dreams.

I've seen and done terrible as well as beautiful things in my dreams. I'd rather not discuss the extent of all my experiences here, but I've walked through many phases of life. I've been tortured, I've fought in wars, I've flown over cities, I've walked through valleys of flowers, I've seen my friends and loved ones die, and I've met beings which purport to be supernatural. Of course, I've also been cornered many times and I've made decisions which I regret.

My dreams are sandbox through which I can understand myself and the context of the real world that I live in. I'm curious -- is this kind of dreaming at all common? I'm not trying to be a special snowflake or anything. I'm genuinely curious to the extent at which this kind of dreaming is a documented phenomenon.

As far as I'm concerned, dreams are an integral part of my life and identity. I'm just wondering if someone else out there has these experiences, and I don't know who to ask.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your responses.
>>
Yes I have had success lucid dreaming and shaping and controlling the dreams. Not quite to your extent though. My main problem remembering them after they happen, I have been keeping a journal to help with that.
>>
I've tried the whole dream journal thing, countless guides, changing my diet, and even reality checks. I've only had one dream where I realized I wan dreaming, and that didn't last long.

Any advice? My sleep paralysis is shit too. I wake up often to my body reacting to something in my dreams.
>>
>>18286247
I forgot to answer your question. As for lucid dreams being an integral part of myself. I think they are, I just don't remember them. I think they have there own impact maybe on a sub conscious level or the memories are still coating in my head somewhere. Often times remember bits and pieces out of nowhere at random times during the day but not the full dreams.
>>
>>18286273
For me its the hands I look at my hands regularly during the day and ask myself if I'm dreaming. Not just as a check but genuinely question of your in reality or not even if you are certain you aren't dreaming you check. Perform these checks any time you remember to. If your not doing them enough get something to remind you like writing a letter on your hand. Always keep a journal wake your self up unexpectly with an alarmclock so you remember also try taking melatonin it helps for me. When I look at my hands IN A dream they look distorted and malformed that immediately shocks me into the dream. It also use to cause me to wake up right as I realized which was fustrating . PS sport im on mobile
>>
>>18286304
I see. I'll try the hand thing. Thank you.
>>
Has anyone ever had a bad dream where someone or something comes and makes it into a good dream?
>>
>>18286647
Yes.
>>
>>18285640
Yes, OP. I can relate to essentially everything you describe. You aren't alone. I have been able to lucid dream to this extent; with my individual subconscious differences since childhood as well. It's late here, and I'd like to discuss more, but I need to go rest. It isn't often you meet others who experience lucid dreaming to this extent. I only know of one other person - one of my close friends - who does.

What I find intriguing also.. is the first thing you mention is opening doors into other dreams (or realms, or instances..) When I lucid dream, I also walk through a door. I mentally "create" it, and then, I draw a specific symbol on the door, to go to where I'd like to. The symbol is specific only to me, and the instance I'd like to travel to.

Anyhow. I hope others reply to this thread and there is some more discussion. I may check back later.
>>
File: 10203257343133326.jpg (18KB, 560x370px) Image search: [Google]
10203257343133326.jpg
18KB, 560x370px
>>18285640
>>18287459
Can you do things that don't make sense in real life?
Like being two persons at once or visualizing four dimensions.
Can you remember information like textbooks in an eidetic fashion in your dreams?
I'd really like to have an answer for the latter.
Thank you in advance.
>>
>>18286919
Would you tell me about it?
>>
>>18289761
I used to have frequent nightmares about an unknown uncle abusing me in every way possible, and an unkonwn lover saving me.

Both people were blurred so I have no idea who they are.

I sometimes still have them, but these days my nightmares are usually about how alone I am and how my father died.

My father will enter the dream and calm me down when I start freaking out over his death.
>>
>>18287663
Hey, I'm not OP, I'm the other poster.

Yes, it's possible to do anything that "doesn't make sense in real life". The mind and imagination is the limit when it comes to lucid dreaming - and the amount of awareness one has whilst lucid dreaming (as it can vary).

I've done all sorts of things, and traveled to all sorts of strange (and realistic) places whilst lucid dream (and astral traveling).
I've been more than one person, at once, have met countless beings and experienced things that appear and feel far beyond 3 dimensional. It's very difficult to describe these experiences to someone who hasn't experienced anything like it.
Keeping in mind, even though I may experience traveling to alternate dimensions or timelines.. or heck - anything... It is all within one's own subconscious and the limits of their own conscious awareness.

A simple, brief example -
Astral projecting and wanting to walk through a wall. You already know you are able to because you are consciously aware that you are in the dream. But once your rational mind thinks "Wait - shit- I can't walk through a wall, it's a fucking solid wall".. The instant I find myself thinking this, it can prevent me from doing so, or act as an obstacle until I "trick" my mind into a more fluid state, if you like.

I can consciously recall knowledge and facts, and memories, and everything as you would in waking life. I don't possess a photographic memory in real life - so I also do not in my dreaming life. Although, the subconscious recalls and associates things differently, the ability to recall memory is different when lucid dreaming.

Apologies if I haven't described this very well, it is tricky to explain, and is subjective to the individual. And, I'm tired as fuck, hah. I'm happy to contribute and offer my experiences and hope this has helped in some way.

I'm open to elaborating more, or attempting to answer any other curiosities you may have.
>>
File: 10200630307179069.jpg (11KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
10200630307179069.jpg
11KB, 360x240px
>>18291014
Thank you for the answer.

I have a sort of eidetic echoic memory in my dreams since I've been able to play music from real life.
From what I've read this is common experience among lucid dreamers.
On the other hand, eidetic memory in the photographic sense seems unusual even in LDs.
I haven't had a lot of LDs unfortunately so I've not been able to experiment with RL data like textbooks.
An acquaintance of mine supposedly stabilized a page from a book after some training.
Wouldn't it be nice to memorize an entire library and thus become a walking encyclopedia in a given subject?
>>
>>18291053

No problem at all.

That's interesting. I also play music from real life as well. I don't consider myself to have any form of eidetic memory, per se, but I do have some funny ways of memorising certain things.
I have a lot of personal issues when it comes to memory. And, I agree, training and acquiring the ability to memorise texts and all sorts of other information within the subconscious, purposely for that kind of use would be amazing.
However, it is not the first idea that comes to mind for me personally. I use my lucid dreams and do related experiencing for other purposes and reasons.
Mostly, pondering and figuring out things which I don't as regularly consider in my waking life, or other things which I am less/unable to.
Processing memories, accessing information within my own psyche that has been hidden from me, and the like.
I needn't go into much personal details.
I have also used lucid dreaming solely for entertainment. This can come with some issues though, depending on how experienced you are, and how stable your mental state is at the time.

I went through a long period of messing around with lucid dreaming, and ended up being unable to stop. Sounds absurd, but I became addicted in a metaphysical sense. And, astral projected every night.. For about a year. I drove myself nuts. Long story short - had a massive extential crisis.
I'm just fascinated by the inner workings of the mind, and interested in this topic for many reasons. Mostly philosophical, and psychological curiosities. The esoteric can some into this but I like to remain objective and not bring the paranormal into my personal lucid dream/OOBE/Astral traveling experiences.

Can be difficult though.Given the kinds of things one can experience... and the mind being so..vast and creative
I haven't actually been able to lucid dream in awhile now. It bothers me a little. But,I recall essentially every lucid dream (etc) that if had in the past.
Thanks for the response in kind.
>>
>>18291085
Best of luck in all your future adventures!
>>
>>18291169
Thank you! And, likewise.
>>
I have tried to lucid dream for 6+ years to no avail.
I have tried everything. But nothing worked.
>>
>>18291200
Sleep deprivation.
Have 5 hours of "sleep" every night for a week.
Consistent schedule like from 00:00 to 05:00.
Go to bed at 00:00.
Meditate from 00:00 to 01:00 without moving a muscle and without losing consciousness (ore use FILD instead).
Your're bound to hear voices or see things.
With time you try to: control them, remain conscious the whole night.
Simple as that.
You may feel like shit at first but:
1. You force awareness.
2. Your body forces REM.
Result: you have lucid dreams.
>>
File: rail3.png (777KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rail3.png
777KB, 800x600px
>>18285640
i dream of railroads too
i dream of barren landscapes
i dream of abandoned high rise buildings
it is so empty.
since there are no entities, i am left with that peculiar feeling and emotion, sad and,amazed at the same time, giving rise to an emerging emotion i can not even comprehend myself.
>>
>>18291349
Thanks. Whenever I medidate I hear voices, so it might work, especially before bed.
>>
Does anyone have lucid dreams where they wake up in their room but it's black&white and grainy?
>>
File: tmp_1437940138237681779543.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1437940138237681779543.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>18292056
I have that when I wake up from a nightmare, or an unsettling dream. Feels like you. got kicked out of your dream brutally and are in an alert state or something.
>>
>>18291349
That's some good advice. I wasn't sure what to suggest, personally.
Actually, spot on advice, haha.
>>
>>18291720
I also have places like this.
The feelings of awe and emptiness can be profound.
>>
>>18292531
I usually just go right into these. However something is always ominous and unsettling about them, I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>18286273
alcohol withdrawal
>>
This is funny. I am what you guys are describing and I came here because I can't sleep. Last sleep paralysis was real as fuck and for me, I wasn't sleeping, didn't feel the that I woke up. Any of you have tried lsd? I had a bad trip and i thought I was sleeping, but I was awake. Today, I hate this feeling, I just want to sleep /x/. I'm sorry if I don't make a lot of sense guys, Im tired and its amazing that I found this thread.
>>
File: Paradise_island_by_Xanny.jpg (662KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Paradise_island_by_Xanny.jpg
662KB, 2560x1600px
>>18285640
Thanks for sharing OP,

I can relate to everything you said only in a bit less detailed, my dreaming experience feels a little bit watered down in comparison to yours. When I was a kid my dreams were amazing. They were very vivid and contained recurring characters, some of which were friendly and some of which were not. One I can remember in particular was a headless man who wore a brown tweed suit with a maroon tie. No gore, just a headless man, he would usually appear when my dreams turned on me and I often found myself running from this guy.
As I got older I started to experience less recurring characters but more lucidity. This change happened throughout puberty and although lucid dreams didn't occur often they were always in my opinion the best thing that could happen in a dream. In my late teens and early 20's I looked into lucid dreaming and was told writing a dream journal would help increase their chances. I also learned about inducing them through techniques such as WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming) and was able to experience that a number of times. I reached a point where roughly 20% of my dreams would have a very strong sense of lucidity and the remaining 80% would only be partially lucid. Partial lucidity for me just means that in the back of my head somewhere I am aware that what I am experiencing is not the usual physical reality of my normal waking life. What I appreciate most about this constant but minor sense of lucidity is that it has given me a sort of immunity to nightmares. I still have nightmares and they can involve some extremely disturbing scenarios but I myself will not be frightened, at worse I'll be mildly uncomfortable. I've slacked off from my journal and plan on picking it all up again soon, especially in regards to your comment

> I can understand myself and the real world that I live in

This for me is one of the most important aspects
>>
>>18293912
Sleep paralysis can be very disturbing but the trick is to identify and recognise it when it occurs. Its a very useful state to find yourself in if you are attempting to induce a lucid dream. Try your best to ignore the paralysis and think of a place that makes you feel very comfortable. Visualize it as best as you can by imagining yourself within that environment. If you get this right you may feel your conciousness slipping from its awake state as it transitions into the dream that you yourself are consciously defining. This can be confirmed by an intense rush sensation that can itself be a bit overwhelmingly noisy. If you stay focussed and push through the rush (known as vibrations) you will eventually pop through to the other side and begin your dream. I used to try and purposefully induce sleep-paralysis for this very purpose, it's apart of the WILD technique that I mentioned in the comment above.
Just remember no matter what tricks your mind is playing on you while paralysed, the reality of your situation is you are safe and sound within your bed.
>>
>>18291014
>"Wait - shit- I can't walk through a wall, it's a fucking solid wall"

Literally every time I attempt this I find myself getting stuck halfway through. Its like the walls are an extremely thick liquid substance and only once have I managed to fully push myself through which was immediately followed by my abrupt awakening. It also usually involves the immediate area in which my physical body is sleeping. Ill be caught in sleep paralysis, peel my dream body (for lack of a better term) out of my physical body, check my hands as a reality check and notice they are incredibly demented and begin the process of trying to push myself through my closed bedroom door.

The more I try, the better I become. It used to be really hard to peel myself from my physical body and id feel extremely heavy, Now I pretty much just stand up like it's no ones business haha.
>>
>>18293985
Thank you, I have lucid dreams every night and sleep paralysis like every two weeks, I will try this.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.