[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the occult occult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 298367-occult.jpg (266KB, 986x1000px) Image search: [Google]
298367-occult.jpg
266KB, 986x1000px
Why is the occult occult?
>>
>>18284652
Because it is hidden. It is knowledge that has been put out of sight.
>>
>>18284659
Seeing as most occult knowledge and texts can be gained in PDF format a google search away, can it really be considered 'occult' in that sense? It's publically available, unlike it once was. At this point it is mainly ignored rather than hidden. Or is it occult in the sense that it is out of sight from the masses, because they are generally too disinterested or unknowing of it in the first place?

Much like how a christian soccer mom will deem anything vaguely pagan satanic.
>>
>>18284690
Yes.

Not everyone is cut out for these practices. As such, there are fewer of these records than there are of exoteric religion.

Even fewer actually practice what's therein, or gain a mastery of the material in terms of understanding, experience, and comprehension.
>>
Because the occult is apparent nonsense.

What it actually does is to influence the one thing which governs everything in this universe.

Nothing ever happens to our lives simply because of hard work, dedication, etc etc. The determining factor is luck. It controls everything else and is the one thing which is absolutely necessary for success.

The more I think about my own life, the more I realise how little choice I had and how much sheer luck determined where I am now.

"Magic" affects luck.
>>
The Inquisition
>>
>>18284652
>gramma
>>
>>18284690
What makes you think that what you have read is authentic? What makes you think that anything you find on the internet is real? It could all very well be a fabrication.
>>
>>18284690
And put out of sight by being hidden in plain sight.
>>
>>18284652
bcs its freaky
>>
http://www.xenosystems.net/gnon-and-ooon/
>>
File: 4a4.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
4a4.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>>18284695
This. Most people think like Chad Normie Norminsworth III here >>18284718. The occult is in sight so to speak, but is overlooked and dismissed.
>>
>>18284652
Visita Interior Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem (clue!)
>>
>>18284652
>>18284690
Occultism is a kind of knowledge. You can download and scan though books all you like. The occult knowledge is a result of the study of occult LAWS. Not just texts. It isa domain of study that is vastly encrypted so it can only be understood by those who have the ability or take the time to seek and attain this knowledge.
>>
>>18284652
Because the practitioners where prosecuted and the only way for that knowledge to survive was hidding it.
>>
>>18284652
why is salt salty?
>>
>>18284652
Occult originally just meant "hidden." Finding out how to make steel was "occult." Making purple dye was the "occult" process only master cloth workers knew. Isaac Newton was obsessed with the "occult" workings that we now call physics. Knowledge of the natural world not readily apparent is no longer called "occult" because as >>18288085 explains the word became primarily connotative with deliberately hiding teachings usually due to fear of prosecution.

Although when dealing with information that only a small people know or are intended to know, the better word is esoteric. Tarot Cards are a great example of both esoteric AND occult knowledge.
>>
>>18284659

By "hidden" is meant the unseen forces that are hidden behind ordinary perception, not that the information itself has been hidden away..
>>
You can literally buy the Necronomicon at Barnes & Noble. If there were any validity to this stuff, business executives would use tarot to predict the stock market. Mediums would be asked to testify in murder cases. Doctors would be trained to recognize hexes and binding rituals in addition to the usual non-magical illnesses. The military would be teaching their officers spells to inflict death on America's enemies. Schoolchildren would learn basics of the occult alongside the usual topics like math, social studies, and sciences.
>>
File: 1471744279275.gif (3MB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1471744279275.gif
3MB, 160x160px
>>18288961
>mfw you just liberated my mind
>>
>>18290299

>You can literally buy the Necronomicon at Barnes & Noble.

The Necronomicon isn't occult. The rest of your post as follows.
>>
Here's a very good presentation about this very topic, anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1V98DsNXi0
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.