[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

strange things on the road

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 32

I remember as a kid on more than one occasion I'd see cars driving backwards, as well as driving with no one actually behind the wheel/in the car. I seem to remember seeing this pretty clearly, and on more than one occasion. I have no idea or explanation for it, just saw what I saw

Anyone else ever see anything similar? Or other bizarre things on the road?
>>
>driving with no one actually behind the wheel

jesus fuck.. saw that twice or thrice as a kid but wasn't sure
>>
>>18283060
There was this writer on SoFurry (in b4 furfag) that took the real stories about how weird I-4 could get and turned them into a story...ghost stories, vanishing hitchhikers, phantom cars, that sorta stuff.
>>
Actuality ,yea.
>>
When I was 7 my father was driving me and my brother to school
We live in a pretty rural area, about 5km from the outskirts of the town
It was really foggy outside, it was November
We hear an engine but really really faint
Suddenly we hear something coming behind us, it sounded like a fucking plane
One blink of an eye later, the sound stops and all we can see are two red spots about 500m away.
My father stopped the car on the side of the road
When he checked the car he saw that molten rubber was stuck on the side of the car.
He didn't want to talk about it
>>
>>18283060
Wtf I thought I was the only one.
The matrix glitches out sometimes.
>>
>>18283276
Another thing, happened very soon.
I was out with some friends next to our old high school smoking some cigarettes.
No one paid attention to anything until a car starts going down the hill
We all part ways of fear because it didn't seem to turn, and was going backwards
One of my friends goes to the left, and then the car suddenly stears to the left too
Almost hit the shit out of him
Car stops inside a tree after about another 50m
We want to see who the motherfucker is so we go down the hill to check if everything is okay
The car was empty
As soon as the same guy comes to check the car goes back again and rolls down the hill
We all escaped, again
We ran the fuck out of there.
I believe I have the snapchat picture of it being stuck in the tree, hold on
>>
>>18283292
Nope, the snap story isn't there anymore
It was a Skoda Octavia 2011, there is no way that would have broken just like that
>>
File: IMG_2773.jpg (21KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2773.jpg
21KB, 272x185px
>>18283292
Wut
>>
There are people that have built novelty backwards cards, anons.
>>
>Be me
>On church trip
>Listening to music and watching the other cars on the highway,
>Red convertible beside us
>Van starts to pass, I'm still focused on the car.
>Get right next to it, notice man driving, woman passenger.
>Dressed like they were going to the beach, both had on sunglasses.
>When car is parallel to my window, man and woman turn in unison very quickly and stare at me.
>Van had tinted windows, but I ducked down in my seat.
>Stop for food, same car, same couple pull up.
>Walking side by side in perfect sync.
>Head to bathroom together.
>A few minutes later, after my group got their food, sitting in a booth.
>Couple emerges, still in perfect unison.
>Walk up to the counter, stare at the menu for about five minutes and leave.
>Keep seeing them pop up on the highway until we get to our hotel.
>Tell cousin about it but no one else.
>>
I have a few stories, but I'm not sure if others would be interested.
>>
>>18283899
Share whatever bro
>>
>>18283332
ugh... they're irl RP'rs

I had a guy walk up to me like a robot and speak forward like he was speaking backwards asking how my day was then walk off in the same manner.

I was heavily reading about aliens/ancient civilizations at the time. should I connect the two happenings?
>>
File: 01_XX5V7_1333.jpg (48KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
01_XX5V7_1333.jpg
48KB, 550x413px
>>
The strangest thing that's happened to me on the road was a few weeks ago when my friend was driving me and his girlfriend home at around 2:30 AM and the road leading up to my neighborhood was blocked with toy peddle cars, like the one kids sit in, and peddle, and ride around in.
They were gone a few minutes later, pretty spooky, you don't really see a lot of hoodlums here either, but that's still probably all it was.
Either way though it was unexpected and spooked me good.
>>
how about the mystery of I-95 always being under construction but things never seem to be getting done
>>
>>18283134
Lived in Orlando all my life, and I've never heard of spooky things on the I-4, just shitty traffic, and so many car accidents that it's now officially the worst highway in the US.
>>
I saw a flatbed truck driving itself while riding on a school bus. It wasn't just me either, the bus driver saw it too and he quickly sped up to see it again for himself.
That flatbed was a real shitty truck so it could not have been equipped with any sort of self-driving technology. That shit wasn't really available for another 10 years.

Another time, I was walking with my aunt and a friend. A big pickup truck nearly killed us. It came within roughly 3-5 feet of us as it tore straight over 2 curbs and then kept going as if nothing happened. It was driving over 50mph in a 30mph zone. If we didn't stop to rest, we could've died.

Both events happened between 2002 and 2006.

When I think about it, the design of the flatbed might've had the driver sit back farther so it just appeared driverless. And the pickup might've been a drunk or careless driver.

I have some others I cannot think of at the moment but those 2 events wont leave my mind.
>>
File: car.jpg (40KB, 777x455px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
40KB, 777x455px
>>
File: hummer_h3_04.jpg (118KB, 950x613px) Image search: [Google]
hummer_h3_04.jpg
118KB, 950x613px
>>
>>18283946
I just thought it was strange how they stayed in perfect unison. Never even thought aliens. At the time I though vampire, but I was young and stupid and so full of hope back then.
>>
My friend and I saw a car disappear 20 yards in front of us.
We were the only 2 cars on the highway.
Both completely sober.
It started to fade then just... dissolved right the duck in front of us.
We looked at each other wide eyed.
Stopped by where it disappeared and there was nothing. Nowhere it could have gone.. no cameras for a prank TV show... nothing.
One of those things Nobody will ever believe but we know what we saw.
I've seen paranorma & unexplainable shit my entire life.

Oooh well
>>
>>18283060
>>18283081
>>18283282

When I was 16 I saw a truck driving itself around 2am. I was in hicksville IN driving back from a shitty Halo LAN at a friend's house (I'd normally just drive home since it was only like 15 minutes away and fuck sleeping on the basement floor). It was a 70s Ford, not sure on exact year, but it was in front of me going pretty slow, I think ~40mph in a 50mph zone. It wasn't raining or anything. Eventually I notice there was no person in the cab, no shadow of a head at all. I figured they were just short and I was tired. Once we got to like one of two passing places on that entire shitty highway, I go around and NOPE no person. If they were short, they were so short I saw no heard OR hands on the wheel.

After I pass them, the truck slows way the fuck down and turns off its headlights.

I seriously drove like 80mph home on a crappy southern IN highway and couldn't sleep.

I've always tried to convince myself it was being tired + being a new driver, but holy shit it's been really hard to shake the feeling that there was no one in that truck. Plus I vividly remember the headlights just suddenly going dark, and since it was a cloudy night it was like the truck just vanished - no turn or anything.
>>
>>18283975
lmao
>>
I have seen 2 cars in my life driving with no one in it all around the age of 6-7. There this one time remember so vividly, it was a whit Toyota tacoma and it passed right in front of me while sitting at the stoplight. I freaked out and told my mom but she didn't seem to believe me or even care.
>>
^^^ sorry for spelling and grammar, using a shit phone.
>>
>>18283947
At the corner take a FRIGHT!
>>
My girlfriend and I were coming back on the highway late one night, loooong downhill stretch, at the bottom there's an overpass, it's about 2 or 3am. Highway was dead quiet, maybe 5-10 cars total. As we approach the overpass we see this chick standing on the edge, she looked alost exactly like the girl from the ring, white clothes, black hair over face. We both get instant chill, just as we are about to pass she turns to her left and starts walking. The road start going up a little immediately after the overpass, we both look back and see nothing. We weren't drunk or on drugs or any such shit, just fucking noped hard after that!
>>
>>18283060
Sounds like you drove past some parked cars OP
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
this was a bit before smart phones and even if i had one i dont think i would have thought of taking a picture

Imagine pic related size of a small motorcycle IF a human was in it he would half to be laying down to ride it and there was no handle on the door and the front window was black glass.
Its the closest thing i could find to how it looked big difference was the wheels the thing looked all like one piece and i could only see 3-4 inches of the bottom of the wheel *blocked by the one piece

anyways me and friend are driving down sunny Florida road one day and to the right comes this vehicle thing we start laughing but after 10-20 seconds we start to get worried and actually confused to what the fuck it could be its going maybe 60mphs but it soon starts going faster trying to keep up with it now going 80mphs it just goes maybe 120mphs going left and right dodging every car in front of it...we have no choice but to slow down and soon cant see it. weirdest thing i have ever seen

also it didn't have a nasa logo on it but it did have some type of logo that looked similar the best i can figure is that someone was testing something?
>>
>>18287308
Sounds like some rich guy took his toy out for a spin... probably some concept bike or smart car shit.
>>
File: putin.png (93KB, 256x252px) Image search: [Google]
putin.png
93KB, 256x252px
>>18287307
when were you when side was kill
>>
>>18283060
You're kidding, right? The car is backwards and vacant because it's being towed. Grow up faggot.
>>
>>18284209
Yeah they're a troll couple. Probably an inside joke for their road trip.
"Lmfao lets act weird on a road trip and fuck with this van of kids for the lulz"
>>
Probably an English right hand drive or a nigger blending in like ezio.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6wmUYqEgw&feature=youtu.be&t=10m29s

Whilst not about cars with no drivers, it's more about ghost cars/drivers, but relatable to the topic at hand.

Happy Halloween!
>>
>>18287880
SHIIIIIT
>>
>>18283981
I've lived in Orlando my whole life (20 years) and have taken I-4 at night away from the city towards Daytona many times where it gets a little "rural" and I've never seen anything. Also never heard any weird stories from friends or family, but I wish it were one of those spooky highways instead of just one big traffic stop
>>
Who has the motha fukin touge ghost story
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My4RQpttLY8

Phantom hitchhiker.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFyPg2oaXUI

More phantom hitchhiking stories.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_a70cughDE
this shit was famous on youtube quite a bit of years ago
>>
http://john.curtin.edu.au/folklore/legends.html
The Vanishing Passenger

A bus-driver was travelling down Kalamunda Road towards Great Eastern Highway, when he stopped to pick up a passenger, an elderly lady, at the bus stop outside the cemetery. She got on and sat in the front row of seats, and she and the bus driver conversed pleasantly for a couple of minutes. The bus-driver kept driving, but the next time he looked behind him, she had disappeared, and although he searched the bus throughout, he could find no trace of her. Because of this, bus-drivers no longer stop at the bus-stop outside the cemetery at night.

https://www.reddit.com/r/perth/comments/2shxwn/ghosts_weird_stuff_perth_western_australia/
Best Perth ghost stories? Can't get old link to work on this subject. I see some mentions of an old lady on the bus going down kalamunda road. I used to wag school a lot and catch the 300 or 302 down kalamunda road and head into the city. One time this old lady all in black gets on, sits near me, and just gives me an odd vibe. She ends up getting off at guilford cemetery, which wasn't much in use then , and no one else was there. So I'm watching her and almost unsurprisingly by this point she disappeared right after she left the bus....

I remember reading about this in the newspaper about 12 years ago, and they had to discontinue the bus service through that road after a certain time of the evening, because no bus driver wanted to drive that route.
>>
>>18287403
That's not how you tow a car, kid.
>>
>>18287403
> implying I didn't just post the first image of backwards driving I found

2/10 got me to respond
>>
>>18288214
hahah but its so obviously faked
>>
File: Harley Quinn.webm (3MB, 1304x898px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn.webm
3MB, 1304x898px
>>
>>18283975
Quality keks here.
>>
There was a case of similar happenings in Poland, one of which is actually well documented in the video below. It made me scared to go on public roads alone when I was a kid, and still sometimes keeps me awake at night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCp76nG5ck
>>
Less paranormal and more funny. I was on the bus home after work. Construction zone near my house closed down one half of street creating a one way. This idiot pulls out heading towards the bus. He quickly realizes his mistake and starts reversing. Reverses all the way to the next stop-light. Wish i got a picture of his panicked face...backwards driving in real life could be a result of idiots.
>>
You were seeing cars being towed but since you were young you can not comprehend the situation.
>>
File: at_wstrnstr8.jpg (222KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
at_wstrnstr8.jpg
222KB, 800x522px
This happened so long ago that I barely remember anything, maybe around 20 years ago. I was in the car with my mom and grandma and we were on the freeway with very few other vehicles. We suddenly see this huge transport truck coming down the road, driving on the wrong side towards us. I remember us slowing down and mom asking "What are they doing?", and we can hear the truck's horn blaring loudly. It wasn't a single continuous sound, more like someone doing it over and over. They weren't going fast towards us, and slowed down quite a ways in front of us, horn still going. We edged close enough to where we can see inside the cab, just in case someone needed help, but we didn't see anyone sitting behind the wheel, even though the horn was still going. I don't remember anything after that.

Not really spooky I guess. Just weird.
>>
>>18283957
Waa his gf a good fuck? Did he watch or did you relegate him to the bathroom
>>
>>18283060
>>18283081
ghost cars, from previous crashes in which people died
adults can not see them, just juke ghosts
>>
>>18283060
Not specifically cars, though I do remember seeing many bizarre- to my adult mind- things in ordinary situations, things I don't see, haven't seen since elementary school. Not scary per se. Like the interior of some stores was different, or insects behaving strangely, or seeing the same person again and again in geographically disparate locations.
>>
>>18286525
>blaming an electronic device for your own incompetence
>>
>>18283060
this literally gave me huge deja vu. i remember seeing this too, unless i'm just being a retard
>>
>>18287946
>Daytona
Hey, come on over here if you're looking for wierd traffic, like the mysterious " new and fixed Orange Avenue"
>>
>>18283060
I have I similar story.

>About 9 or so
>Vacation with my Mom, Dad and Sister at Little Sebago Lake, Maine, in a cottage overlooking the lake on a raised bank.
>I was falling asleep on the couch that faced towards the lake on one couch, my parents on the other.
>We had no TV and the radio wasn't on, we were playing board games before.
>Right when I loose consciousness, I hear a whizzing coming over the lake.
>A WW2 looking bomber flies straight over the window, shakes my body and jerks me awake.
It was very vivid, I can still remember it to this day (26) as if I witnessed it in real life. The color, markings, everything. It made an impossible bank above the treeline behind the cottage and wasn't "real", but one of the most lucid dreams I have ever had.
I remember even as a child I was set on it really happening and my parents kinda just laughed it off as a nightmare/dream
>>
>>18283060
I miss driving threads!!! There used to be at least a monthly one but I haven't seen one in at least a year! I've shared this before but I'll tell it for this thread.
I was driving to a friends house once, early in the morning around 6, we had a big day ahead. Anyway, I was on one of the bigger roads that cut across my area and there was one car on the road ahead of me. I was going about 10km over what the other car was doing on this two lane so I decided to pass. I looked over to the driver for some reason (early morning curiosity) and there was no driver. I stared at the vehicle for about 5 seconds until it clicked and the other car just stops dead. I continue driving, check the rear view, and the car has vanished. No turns in the vicinity of where it happened, just vanished. That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.
>>
when a teen on highwaysome some guy walking down highway in a gas mask and machette or large knife on side. never heard anything about it again. was during the day an dbusy highway. unless I wa sjust stoned
>>
>>18283981
orlando fag here too. I don't recall any spook storie sjust that one strip near corner where accidents happen daily.

it's also the most dangerous highway strecth now in country. orlando-tampa or whatever
>>
>>18291380
man have you seen the new red bug over pass and 1792 off 436? shit is so weird seeing since it wasn't there when i moved from that area.
>>
>>18291035
This is a driving thread but I remember a homeless dude that I'd see in the town I live in, the town I used to live in and in the big city that both of those towns are near, I recognized him because he never changed cloths and I saw him about 10 times within 3 months and two such occurrences happened on the same day in my current town, which is farthest from the city I'm near than my old town. It's not weird that he could travel, but that I saw him so much in different places. I think Hes still around to this day, maybe he got a change of clothes lol.
>>
>>18287308
>>18287328
This. Welcome to Florida, where "road legal" is sometimes just a suggestion.
>it goes 120mph
The speed limit is almost always not even a suggestion, but a source of keks posted to provide humor to otherwise boring drives.
>>
>>18294322
dude weed lmao
>>
>>18283975
thanks obama
>>
>>18287403
basically this
>>
>>18283060
>I'd see cars driving backwards
It's called a reverse gear. Some vehicles have two of these.

>driving with no one actually behind the wheel/in the car
I seem to remember there was a fad about getting your car in gear and getting out of it letting it cruise at idle for a while. After that you get back in.
In recent years it popped up again but this time people were getting on the hood/top of their cars.
>>
Co-worker and i went out for lunch, On the way back there was no trafic other than six cars on the side of the road. Three on each side, Facing the flow of trafic for that side. Each car had only one person,The driver and each of their heads were down. So we were already freaking out but as we passed each car their heads would pop back up as if springing to life and as we passed the last car they all got back on the road and drove. I have zero explainson for what happend, No funeral cars going on, No emergency either.

Same area of road a friend and i we're chased by a red truck that tried to hit us and run us off the road. We passed the man as he was standing out side the truck, Thought he looked odd in a rain coat with the weather having no rain that day. He yelled some thing at us but we drove on, Then about five minutes later he comes flying up behind us and from there chased us for about a half hour till we lost him.

Fuck huntington Wv, Weird shit happens here all the time.
>>
I used to act like I was passed out or lay my seat back and hide behind the b pillar of the jeep when people would pass me on the highway. I also used to drive for miles in reverse cuz its my favorite gear. OP probly saw me
>>
>>18283060
I've never experienced the driving backwards, but as a kid almost always I would never see people in their cars. I was very young though
>>
>>18283292
>As soon as the same guy comes to check the car goes back again and rolls down the hill

What?
>>
File: img-20160907-wa0001[1].ashx_.jpg (16KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
img-20160907-wa0001[1].ashx_.jpg
16KB, 620x413px
>>18283060
>one weekend me and a friend were driving in my car
>it was around 2am in the morning
>we were close to the mall but there were no cars around, everything looked dead
>i heard a tree above the road make a loud, rustling sound but I never saw anything fall in front of my car
>all of a sudden "BA-THUNK!", i ran over something that I never saw in front of me either
>too chickenshit to stop and check it out, thought i just ran over some poor animal
>ride to the nearest gas station expecting bloody dirt, wet tire from a dead animal
>all tires are bone dry, no blood, no fur, no particles of flesh between my treads, nothing.

never saw nothing fall or nothing in front of my car that night, just heard something fall from a tree above me.
>>
File: 6147192205_895dae80c6_b.jpg (456KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6147192205_895dae80c6_b.jpg
456KB, 1024x768px
>>18283060

>be in elementary school
>go on trip with friend
>his mom is driving
>some Volvo station wagon (forget the model)
>she opens the trunk
>ok get in kids
>ruh-roh raggy
>rear facing seats at the back of the car
>his mom drives slow as shit
>almost shit myself every time I see a car or big rig in a distance rapidly close on us and then slow down right before hitting us

Whoever invented these is an asshole.
>>
I saw the ghost of Walter Peyton driving a mini van smile at me and speed off. Kid's brains must be too stupid to fully process fast moving vehicles or something because thats too retarded to have possibly been real
>>
>>18297178
>driver of the car behind you just looks you dead in the eyes constantly
>>
File: i-4.png (2MB, 1078x842px) Image search: [Google]
i-4.png
2MB, 1078x842px
>>18283134

Orlando here. The quarter mile stretch by the bridge over Lake Monroe right outside of Deltona is called the I-4 Dead Zone. These numbers are a bit old but there have been an estimated 1,048 to 1,740 car crashes at this location since the highway was opened in 1963 with a significant number involving fatalities. Florida State Highway Department records show that in just a 24-month period, beginning in 1995, there were 44 accidents which injured 65 motorists. Plus there are many road cams and investigator photographs of accident scenes that depict orbs and ghostly figures.

Why would some random stretch of highway be haunted? The area was originally settled by Native Americans from the Mayaca tribe which were wiped out by disease and war with colonists with many burials in the woods near where I-4 was built. Then in 1877, nearby Sanford was formed. Swedish former indentured servants came in and settled the area by that stretch of I-4. 10 years later, a fire broke out destroying most of the settlement immediately followed by a breakout of Yellow Fever and winter freeze killing off a lot of the settlement who were then buried in the nearby woods.

Fast forward to the 1950's when I-4 was being planned an built. The engineers knew of and even found some of the graves. But since they were so old, then decided to leave them be and continue construction building I-4 right on top of them.
>>
File: sweetness[1].jpg (32KB, 413x594px) Image search: [Google]
sweetness[1].jpg
32KB, 413x594px
>>18297190
Well his name was Sweetness and he liked to dance. Runnin' the ball for him was like making romance. He had the goal since training camp to give Chicago a Super Bowl champ. And he wasn't doing it because he was greedy. He was doing it to feed the needy. He wasn't there looking for trouble. He just came to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.
>>
I saw a 1997 Chrysler Lebaron in 1982.
>>
File: spook.jpg (200KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
200KB, 1024x768px
>go to Lake Wales (south of Kissimmee
>find spook hill
>put car in neutral at the bottom of the hill
>watch as your car rolls up to the top of the hill
>>
>>18295270
Mfw I went to Marshall and lived in Wayne outside Huntington . Can confirm. Lots of weird shit in those hollers.
>>
>>18297243
The Lebaron stopped being produced in 1995.
>>
>>18285791
Fellow Hoosierfag here. Your story reminded me of one my mother and father used to tell me about. About 20 minutes away from my home there's a little area locals used to call Podunk. A lot of states have their own "Podunk" legend but ours was a little different. Back in the 80s the area was famous for being home to a group of devil-worshipers who regularly practiced things like animal sacrifice.

People used to get their kicks by exploring the area and would often report strange experiences like seeing red lights flashing through the fields and woods and hearing strange sounds like children crying in remote areas.

By far the most famous attraction was the hearse. There was an hearse belonging to an old and particularly unpleasant man that was parked out along the road. And sometimes if you were particularly unlucky, it would either start up as you pass by, or appear seemingly from nowhere and start chasing you and attempt to run you off the road.

cont.
>>
>>18298575
pt. 2

Now of course the hearse made of itself a target and from time to time local men (my father included) would pile into large pickups and attempt to hunt it down in order to run it off the road or otherwise put a stop to it. But every time they tried this, the hearse was nowhere to be found

(note: I made an error in the previous post, nobody knew to whom the hearse belonged, it would often park near the home of the old man, he claimed it wasn't his but that may not have been totally true as I'll mention later)

The most interesting story I've heard of it comes from my mother. She and three of her friends (two females one male) were exploring Podunk sometime in the evening. As they were driving along the hearse pulled out from a spot concealed among the trees and blocked their path. After a five-minute-long standoff, the man in the group decided he was going to be macho about it. He put the car in park, got out, and made his way to the hearse's driver-side door. He peered in through the window for a second and yanked open he door. My mother swears to this day that there was nobody inside. The man even circled the vehicle and opened the rear hatch. Nothing.

cont.
>>
File: 3123143.jpg (58KB, 575x391px) Image search: [Google]
3123143.jpg
58KB, 575x391px
>>18298575
pt. 3

>pic not related. It's just a generic image of a hearse i got off the web

The man returned to the car and confirmed what they had all just seen; there was nobody in the vehicle. As he got back in the car, the hearse fired itself back up (he had turned it off when he opened the driver door) and sped off up the road.

That's allI really know about it. It wasn't that much later that the old man died or moved away and the hearse simply vanished. That's why to this day most people think he had something to do with it but nobody knows for sure. Nobody from around where I live ever debates the hearse's existence. And my dad says a lot of the weird stuff cleared-out when the devil-worshipers left.

I've been in Podunk more than a few times and I've never really seen much of anything paranormal. The only thing that's happened recently is cars being attacked by a guy swinging a bat, but that's most likely a local who was pissed at kids poking around
>>
>>18283060
Just the other day I saw no behind the wheel of a car on I-70
>>
>>18283060
does seing a driver with no car count?
>>
>>18298776

That sounds interesting.
>>
>>18283947
Slam in the back of my DRAGULAAAAAA!
>>
in high school i saw a hearse rolling backwards by my classroom window with the back hatch open. i didn't say anything, just watched it. no reason it should have been at school.

i will say that the campus was built on civil war battleground, which perhaps contributed to odd activity
>>
I haven't encountered any ghost cars or phantom drivers, but I do stumble upon single shoes lying in the road quite often. It always perturbs me. Like, were they abducted by aliens or something?
>>
>>18285791
To be fair, there's been at least one case where a truck driver was arrested for setting up a remote for steering and sitting back in the bed area.
>>
from /o/

>Be me
>Be doing my 3am nightly runs up and down my favourite mountain road
>Thick forests on both sides of the small 2 way road
>It was a foggy night
>Fog comes in slowly over the course of the night
>Gets to a point where the fog is too heavy to keep going
>Say fuck it, do a three-point and start heading back down
>Listening to my SUPER EUROBEAT Presents Initial D Final D Selection™ CD, disc 2
>Fog getting much worse now, foglights useless
>Resort to driving near the edge of the road because I couldn't see the line anymore
>And that's when I saw the legs of some shitter in a white robe through the edge of the fog walking up the road towards me
>Stop
>Guy slowly starts walking up to my car, looks like a homeless dude -- big shitty beard. scraggly hair, etc but his robe was clean, at least it looked like it
>Looking dead at my side of the car the whole time he's walking up to it with a completely blank look on his face
>He walks up to the passenger side of my door and just stood there with his arms at his sides
>Slowly starts bringing his hands together in his sleeves
>I sat there for a good 5 seconds before realizing that this is a perfect plot for a horror movie
>Am spooked
>Rev that shit to 9k and dump it next to him
>Take off
>Drive a little more recklessly now through the fog
>A few minutes later down the road near the end
>Fog gone at the foothill, crystal clear again
>And that's when I noticed the dude in the white robe is sitting in the treeline looking at me, completely blank, as I drove towards the exit

This happened to me about a year ago before halloween last year, haven't seen the dude in white since. I've been on that road more than a hundred times and it was the first and only time I've seen him. I never go up even when It's the slightest bit foggy now.

This is the road https://www.google.ca/search?q=promenade+de+la+gatineau&oq=promenade+de+la+ga&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.4671j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=promenade+de+la+gatineau+road
>>
loose copy from a thread on here a good while ago.

>4:45am
>Following my cousin
>going to leave car off at the body shop to finish
>make left turn onto popular hoon road
>out of no where headlights get right on me, looks RSX headlights
>didnt notice anyone on the road when i turned and no one was behind me
>assumed they pulled out of a driveway fast and i didnt notice
>On this one lane road guy is perfectly behind me where i can see his lights above my trunk. dosent get closer nor fall back.
>a few times let my cousin get ahead, downshift and give my 4.6 a pull
>he dosent budge, still on me.
>after 5 minutes of him right on me the road opens to two lanes.
>expect him to pass me so i grab my wheel and look forward expecting some fun.
>after 3 seconds of nothing i look into my rear view and see nothing there.
>instantlly think of dagumi headlight trick
>coolvibrations.wav
>look to my right and left, hes not there.
>after a few seconds realized hes vanished.
>from the time i looked forward to now theres no turn offs or roads.
>get to my destination, ask cousin if he saw it.
>he was on his phone the whole time.

Motha, fukin, touge, ghost.
>>
Also from /o/

>be me with FC RX7, S4 NA with a couple mods, stil slow.
>3 years ago an FC S4 TurboII crashed on a backroad around here, driver and car will rip.
>driving around last year, headed to a friends place.
>end up on local backroad we all have fun on
>Realize i took wrong road. Theres no roads or turn offs on this road.
>look in my rear view to see some older headlights
>decied to turn my hazards on and make a 3 point
>wave person by
>as car passes, look over to see an FC, bone stock white with turboII on the side (basically a stock T2)
>didn't put it together at the time, thought it was dank and didnt bother to try and talk to him because i needed to get to friends house.
>Put car in reverse and look back, putting right arm on back on passanger seat.
>in my reverse lights i see the front end of the FC.
>his headlights pop up, shining right in my eyes.
>Dagumi instanlly pops into my head, didnt even realize he somehow got behind me
>look forward, adjust mirror, and get ready to touge.
>He pulls up past me, right as he does i step on it and so does he.
>he gets the lead, im right on his ass.
>start going around corners at touge speeds
>know this road fairly well
>about midway through touge, know a passing point is coming up.
>long right hand turn to sharp-ish left.
>he goes on the inside as expected, im midway in other lane.
>know theres some bumps in the left hand turn apex.
>say fuck it because realmothafukintougehours.webm
>as were in the straights i wind my loud ass FC up to 8k. get right up next to him.
>look over to see just a black figure, cant make out any details.
>as if when you see a car from far away with heavy tint at dark.
>go into left hand at higgn speeds
>hit mad bumps, wheels almost bite on fender
>he gets behind me
>come out of corner at dagumi speeds
>main straight till last corner
>look back
>gone completly
>theres no driveways, other roads, or turnoffs.
>get mad confused
>get to friends house.
>tell him what happend
cont.
>>
File: 1450120254985.jpg (3MB, 4343x2895px) Image search: [Google]
1450120254985.jpg
3MB, 4343x2895px
>>18299625
>tell him what happend, he brings up FC from years ago.
>i tell him the road i was on and it was the one the FC crashed on.
>Tell him the corner i passed him at
>he tells me the T2 went the same line i did but hit bumps, causing his wheels to bite his fender and spin out going off the road into a tree to rip.
>get mad fucking goosebumps.
>he tells me not to really worried since i won.
>still spooped. deiced to not really drive that road at night any more
>a few months go by, different friend has a like an 05 maxima with the V6 and manual.
>calls me in the middle of the night telling me he crashed.
>go to help, its on the road with the FC.
>ask him what happend. He tells me a car wouldnt get off his ass.
>tried to lose him and ended up hitting some dirt trying to touge and spun out off the road.
>car was fine, friend was shaken up.
>ask where the car went
>"it just fucking vanished"
>spooped/100000000000000
>decide not to tell him to keep him calm ish

pic is my FC, on coils and has headerback exhaust. its changed a bit now but cleanest picture of it.
>>
File: 1438989907776.png (106KB, 1135x553px) Image search: [Google]
1438989907776.png
106KB, 1135x553px
>>
File: 1438990192598.jpg (211KB, 1503x685px) Image search: [Google]
1438990192598.jpg
211KB, 1503x685px
>>
File: 1438990260807.png (50KB, 1220x333px) Image search: [Google]
1438990260807.png
50KB, 1220x333px
>>
File: 1438990325035.png (68KB, 1291x393px) Image search: [Google]
1438990325035.png
68KB, 1291x393px
>>
File: 1438990409018.png (69KB, 1354x574px) Image search: [Google]
1438990409018.png
69KB, 1354x574px
>>
>be around 8 years old
>obsessed with this pink rubber toy hook i had
>dad asks me if i want to go for a ride to the store
>tie string to hook and take it with me, so i can go "fishing" out the window during the drive
>catch a creature

all i can remember what it looking something like a horseshoe crab. it banged up against the side of the car and then it was gone. my dad heard it hit the side of the car, but didn't see it as obviously he was on the other side and paying attention to the road.
>>
>>18283947
HIIGHHHWAY TO HELL
>>
File: Invisible_Driver.jpg (64KB, 501x385px) Image search: [Google]
Invisible_Driver.jpg
64KB, 501x385px
>>
>>18298776
>carity carity carity
>>
>>18298936
alot of /mu/ goin down in X tonight
>>
>>18283060

A few weeks ago i was at a stop light behind some grey car and i blinked or rubbed my eyes for a split second. And when i opened my eyes the grey car turned into a yellow van. Not sure what that was about
>>
File: 1464239686044.jpg (138KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1464239686044.jpg
138KB, 700x700px
>>18283292
>>
File: 42½streetsigil.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
42½streetsigil.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
>>
File: deadCOW.jpg (182KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
deadCOW.jpg
182KB, 800x600px
>>
File: sign1.jpg (83KB, 768x521px) Image search: [Google]
sign1.jpg
83KB, 768x521px
>>
File: 20-01.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
20-01.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>
File: press_photo_27.jpg (68KB, 677x471px) Image search: [Google]
press_photo_27.jpg
68KB, 677x471px
>>
File: carfuck9.jpg (84KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
carfuck9.jpg
84KB, 700x512px
>>
>>18300794
Kek
>>
File: 1407217118074[1].jpg (26KB, 685x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407217118074[1].jpg
26KB, 685x500px
/o/ here

>>18283060
>other bizarre things on the road?
we have this.

wtf is this
>>
>>18302980
How is that any weirder than driving around in a room full of chairs all by yourself
>>
>>18302986
Is this a "what's weirder" contest?
>>
>>18302980
the /ox/
>>
>>18302980
Is that the Cookie Monster in the passenger seat?
>>
>>18302980
A vacuum car ?
>>
I see a ton of duplicated cars as in the exact same driver, scratches, dents and everything
>>
>>18304105
Even infants develop object permanence.
>>
>>18298499
amazing
>>
>>18285791
Dude was probably bent over doing blow
>>
if it's at night, that's just your eyes playing tricks with the lights
>>
i remeber being around 6 when i was driving with my dad ona high way and we pasted a motorcycle that was moving but i was sure as hell that there was no one on it
>>
>>18283332
Hell, this could be me and my partner on trips
>>
>>18297246
gravity hills are wild stuff. there were a couple of small ones at the college i went to.
>>
File: 1467309549576.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467309549576.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>18283060
>be 19
>with friends at like midnight
>we go get some wendys fuck yeah
>vacuum dat frosty down my throat
>anyway we're driving back to town and go through this particularly dark area
>i'm driving, friend is in passenger seat, everyone else is in another car
>we go by this gas station and I glance at the curb as we go by
>a few seconds pass and its silent
>I swear i thought I saw a figure with a hood over its face crawling on its hands and knees towards the road, but it happened so quickly
>ask my friend if she saw it too
>she did
>we just kind of laugh about it but we don't go back to check

I feel kind of bad in retrospect because it could have been someone who really needed help, but for some reason it just didn't really hit me as real at the time. I nearly didn't see it at all.
>>
>>18283292
But if the same guy came to check the car go back again and roll then who was down the hill?!?
>>
File: Death clubs..jpg (229KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Death clubs..jpg
229KB, 714x1000px
Fragmented memory.
>Got back from hospital late at night.
>I was like 5 or 6.
>Getting back from some lung infection or whatever.
>On the drive home.
>Like 2:30 in the morning.
>See this women dressed in a fancy light blue dress like something out of the 1800's early 1900's.
>She's holding hands with a boy.
>This boy didn't look human at all facially deformed...

I don't know what the fuck that was.
>>
>>18302980
Damn, Roomba's going all-out now.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.