[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ just got this coin today and it looks like it used to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0567.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0567.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /x/ just got this coin today and it looks like it used to be someone's lucky coin. The words god on the front and peace on the back have been word almost completely off.
Any of you rock nerds got any advice on " cleansing " this thing? It's a 1922 peace dollar about %90 silver.

> I needs others vibes out this thing.
>>
File: IMG_0566.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0566.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Aaaaaaand the back
>>
Exactly why I keep mine on chains.
>>
Why would you want to cleanse it?
>>
>>18277085
I work at a convenience store some 12 year old kid bought some pop tarts with it.
If it IS lucky it probably wouldn't be for me I'm thinking.
Didn't think about it really
>>
File: IMG_0501.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18277085
>>18277085
So do you know how and are just being an ass? I could just google the shit but I've been going to this pathetic excuse for a shit show of a bord for years and thought SOME asshole would know something.

Would you have liked me to say "some creepy looking 12 year old boy with lizard eyes just gave me it. And said I'll pay for it later"

Should have figured that a non RP, ayyyyy, flat earth, haunted videogames, or tupla thread would just go untouched because no one here is above 16 and they regularly jerk off in their own mouths.

>thanks
>>
They're not exactly an uncommon coin, and any circulated silver coin of that age is likely to be worn down. The ones out and about now have probably sat in old ladies' candy jars for decades. Yours is in "good" condition due to the level of wear. It is worth about 20 bucks, so that's pretty lucky compared to a regular dollar. Cleansing diminishes value of old coins, so I figure it would have the same effect on their "lucky" status.
>>
>>18277074
Wash it in running water. You can use some dish soap if you want, but no scrubbing, just your hands. Dry it completely with a piece of soft cloth.

That's about twelve dollars worth of silver, so don't be too careless with it.
>>
>>18277074
Bleach, That's how they scrub down the loads at bath houses.
>>
Fucking A, you're all tards. Especially OP but that's to be expected.
Coins are minted to resemble high relief. The hair is also worn off but you're too much of a cunt to notice that.
It's a nice coin worth keeping, you can buy silver cleaner at coin shops. It's a good idea to do this with silver notsomuch copper.

>TL;DR been collecting coins since I was literally ten and OP, as usual, is a faggot
>>
>>18277131
What is your problem ?
>>
Non-bleached salt, in water. Leave it out in the sun for a day.
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
> op comes to /x/ for advice on how to rid coin of potential "bad karma" and gets this bullshit.

I don't want to physically clean the goddamnd thing you fucktards. That's why I asked for a rock nerd or someshit, the assholes that are always wrapping jade in silk and burying it from one full moon to the next or some shit.

Jesus fucking Christ you morons
>>
>>18277641
He'd from /b/ and this is his first time here, regardless of what he said. It always happens the same way. They come asking for something and when in twenty minutes (and three page 2 bumps) they haven't gotten it, they turn abusive.

Entitled little shits, yes, but there's a somewhat mitigating circumstance. They simply don't understand that this isn't /b/. They figure we're completely ignoring them to post in threads of no value compared to theirs. In reality, we haven't had time even to notice their thread, because the few of us that are here are involved in other conversations.

>>18277740
Running water or salt, junior.
Just because you don't understand what you were told doesn't mean we didn't understand what you asked.
>>
>>18277740
you really need to work on your people skills, being rude to people is one thing, being rude to people you are asking for help is just tacky.

Here's your foolproof cleansing powder:
Sea salt (ideally, but table salt works as well)
Sulphur (you should be able to get this several places including your local witchy weirdness shop)
a cleansing herb, this could be anything with cleansing properties, hyssop, rue, lavender even a mint would be fine for good luck

get a white cloth wrap the coin up in your purifying mixture and let it sit through one full moon to new moon cycle. Remember to pick it up once in awhile and charge it, but dont open it until the new moon.
>>
>>18277900
Sweet baby Jesus thank you!

Yes I do realize I was being an ass but it gets shit done on this board sometimes. Hard to find answers when it's buried under layers and layers of bullshit and shills.
I really can't thank you enough, again sorry if I came off as a dick but like I said it works sometimes

>>18277077
Waaaaaaaaaay Underrated post
>>
>>18277740
Others shouldn't have to guess at the meaning of what you write, pay attention in English class this year youngster.
>>
>>18277740
I learned this trick from an old alchemist

You need a cup of urine, a tablespoon of salt, aluminum foil, and a glass or ceramic dish(Do not use metal).

Take the foil and punch some small holes in it, then wrap the coin with the foil.

Now heat the urine up till you see tiny bubbles forming, and put the salt in it. Stir until the salt is gone.

Now pour the solution over the coin, and scream at it as loud as you can. This drives away the "evil spirits".

If you did it right, you should smell an odor not unlike an old septic tank(apart from the odor of the warm piss). And the coin should look visibly shinier.

You're fucking welcome.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.