[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you actually believe? I recently realized that I now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ssss.jpg (54KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
ssss.jpg
54KB, 700x368px
what do you actually believe?

I recently realized that I now believe in """something""" but dont really know where to look next. Does organized religion have purpose or is it just memes?
>>
>>18276228
i believe in fucking psychics. I knew this girl once (talked for a while, dated, didnt work out) who would suffer from weird states of mind where she would hear things. psychosis or whatever. one night she said she kept hearing people speaking french and screaming and crying and asking for help. next morning french terrorist attack is put on news. fucker heard them die. every time she heard things before she could never make out the language or what they were saying. always too quiet. Fucking psychics are real senpai.

also i hate going out when it rains cause what if banshees
>>
>>18276256
I'm a psychic. not that it's really useful for like monetary stuff, or making money. Trying to collect material on future reading though (make money off it somehow)
>>
>>18276228
Secular Buddhism.
>>
I believe infinity became self aware and became intelligent infinity.
It fragmented itself infinitely to explore infinity.
That is why we are all one, because we are all a piece of Intelligent Infinity and will meet with it again to share our unique experiences on blind Earth. Then we dive back in and pick a new scenario, like trying different carnival rides.

Go to Gaia.com and look at the Cosmic Disclosure series.
Season 5 has an hour long special that summarizes the previous seasons.
>>
>>18276228
Learn to realize the truth,
There is no spoon and there never was.
>>
Christianity. Maybe I'm just naive but the idea of an all-loving God that would send his only son to suffer to save someone like me is comforting.
>>
File: Christian reading list.jpg (1MB, 3000x2900px) Image search: [Google]
Christian reading list.jpg
1MB, 3000x2900px
>>18276401
Christianity is also very philosophically sound if you go for Orthodoxy or Catholicism. Avoid protestants at all cost.
>>
>>18276228
It's difficult what I know and believe. It just doesn't get any easier, but I would say I'm a fringe Christian. See I don't adhere strictly to the molded idea what a Christian is. I go where the evidence is, the accuracy.

I'm a truth seeker and sure Christianity doesn't have the whole unaltered truth, but a great deal of it is true. So after a while of being against Christianity and generally all religions, I ended up converting to it after years and years of loathing all religions and their inherent problems.

But again as a truth seeker I look at all religions and evaluate them accordingly. I've learned much, terribly dark things and nice things too, really nice things. Still I've realized I was marked long ago by darker powers, and now I struggle, my struggle is that of the soul.

Evil pulls me towards it, and some part of me openingly embraces it like a long lost lover. Another part of me knows what I'll become if I do, so I shy from it hoping one day to find the true light of God. Many people don't understand what's truly going on nor do they care.

Run as they might it will inevitably catch up to you whether you want it to or not.
>>
>>18276228
A mix of buddhism/taoism/science/philosophy and a higher power I pray to that I choose to call God. My idea of God is kind've like the Tao. I guess i'd technically be an agnostic. Just recently started getting into hermeticism and sigils. I really enjoy spirituality and philosophy and constantly learning more. I'm also working the steps in narcotics anonymous. It's a pretty fun journey so far.
>>
>>18276425
What's wrong with protestants? When I was a Christian I always thought of Catholics like the pharisees. Catholics have a vast system of rules and rituals that are decided by an elite priesthood. It seems really unchrist-like to separate power from the masses like that
>>
>>18276228
My friend. Have faith in god/the force behind creation. You need not the image nor idols offered by any organised religion. There Is thought behind creation and you are a part of it. Have faith
>>
>>18276379
Dud, just stop, I didn't buy that crap when youtube publicity showed it to me, and I will not buy because you told me, stop spaming my fucking board
>>
>>18276228
Organized religion's purpose is twofold:
- to prolong the influence of great, holy people
- to structure a society such that the most number of people can succeed in the process given by said holy people

While these great, holy, charismatic people are around, their personality is often enough to keep things orderly. (This is also a danger as such people can easily become corrupt and exploitative i.e. cults.) When these people are no longer present, and there is no longer an agreed upon spiritual authority, there are two paths.

First, a religion can be organized around the person's ideas. Spiritual, subjective experiences are demoted to material, objective processes. Words are canonized. It becomes more about something's label than something's quality. This is not a good path, but it is better than option two.

The second path is that no structure is formed around the great person's ideas. People quickly rise up to claim succession, and the mantle of authority. Interpretation - accurate or inaccurate - abounds within those affected, and the true intent is lost as interpreters distort the message through their own impurities.

While I personally prefer the first choice, both have the potential to cause great damage, and both will eventually lose the essence of the teaching. Until a great person arises again, and the cycle begins anew.
>>
>>18276731
Think of it this way. You ever been forced to apologize to someone? Or force a kid to apologize? Or have someone apologize to you by force? No matter the spot, the situation is well known I hope. Well there's always something lacking in someone saying "I'm sorry" when forced. What's lacking is they don't MEAN it, yes? It isn't genuine; they don't FEEL sorry. But the best way to get someone to start feeling that remorse is to force them to apologize. Going through the motions is a sort of kick-start to the actual emotion.

On the other side, this works with smiling too. If you aren't happy, but you force yourself to smile, you will start to feel better.

Organized religion is just this: forcing the motion to kick-start the feeling.
>>
>>18276228
I believe in a mixture of ideas that aren't succinctly captured by any one formulaic religion.

My belief has heavy connections with Taoism (the original writings) especially where our connection with the universe is concerned, the mathematical universe hypothesis (MUH) and a finite-energy version of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.

(I also believe that our understanding of mathematics is purely an artifact derived from a subjective interpretation of the rules of logic dictated by the universe in which we exist, and that other rules of logic give rise to other universes)
>>
>>18276228
Possibillianism?
>>
>>18276428
>See I don't adhere strictly to the molded idea what a Christian is. I go where the evidence is, the accuracy.
>I'm a truth seeker and sure Christianity doesn't have the whole unaltered truth, but a great deal of it is true.
What aspects of christianity are demonstrably true?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.